HomeBlogsArticle #27371Comments

Comments • Custom Jason Nendoroid

• ‹ PrevFirst123LastNext ›
    32 comments
    Maakie (1 year ago) #7117960I was hoping it would be this Jason, hehehe. Really like how this turned out! He's so cute! :D I voted for Edward Scissorhands btw! I'm so excited for his bishoujo!
    Please do! I'm currently researching making molds for cosplay purposes and every tutorial helps! :)

Thanks! I'm glad you like how he turned out. :3

Now as for the mold. The remelt stuff has its limits on how large of a mold it can be. Lol but I'll try coming up with a tutorial. XD
    1 year ago

LilAtomicX10 (1 year ago) #7040970But I found that most nendoroid parts require a two part mold which no one anywhere has tried using the remelt stuff for. ;-; but if enough people request it then I'll make a tutorial on that and show the process I use to make the mold. ^_^

1 year ago
    GlassJewel (1 year ago) #7092370Great, I can't wait to see your next customized Nendoroid! Sorry but I have one more question: did you use any mold release on your master nendoroid parts? If so, how easy was it to clean off the mold release?

If you're using the amazing remelt mold stuff then you don't need mold release. @0@!!! All you have to do when you take out your molded parts is to wash them with water because sometimes they'll come out a little sticky. But water cleans that up real easy. :) but when I move onto the silicon molds and use mold release I'll be sure to put that down. XD

And I'm halfway done with my custom. Just need to figure somethings out. Lol
    1 year ago
    LilAtomicX10 (1 year ago) #7092146lol Thanks! xD I took a lot of pictures so that I could look back and see how far I've come and thought I might as well turn it into a tutorial. haha XD and I know a lot of bubbles stood out, but with the molding materials I'm using bubbles are gonna happen. :/ but I'm still glad you think it still worked for him. xD
    And I'm looking into switching to silicon molds for my current project. that way I can warm up the mold and help discourage bubbles. lol but for now protyping will be using the Re-melt stuff. lol
    And I molded the peg with the upper body. lol I found it easier to do at the time because I didn't have the right tools to make the round hole for the neck joint or the right drill to drill for the peg. :/ but I have the tools now, so I guess I could go back and modify it. lol

1 year ago
    GlassJewel (1 year ago) #7092140Great tutorial! It's very informative and you took a lot of pictures too! Only thing is that a lot of the bubbles stood out after priming, but for a horror movie character like Jason, the rugged look suits him perfectly! One question, did you cast the neck peg separately from the upper body, or did you just kept the neck peg in the body when casting?

1 year ago
    1 year ago
    ifob8 (1 year ago) #7066354Some people are talented, on this planet... yeah... really... :D...

Thanks for thinking so! XD I'm sure you're talented in your own way as well. :3
    1 year ago
    Some people are talented, on this planet... yeah... really... :D...
    1 year ago
    M-Linfa (1 year ago) #7040957Can I ask you if you have a good recasting tutorial ? I always wanted to duplicate some nendoroid parts for a custom nendoroid but didn't feel like buying a second copy of the nendoroid just for that one little part

Depending on the parts you are looking for you might wanna try this club and look to see if anyone has the parts you need.
    CLUB #576
    I only suggest this because the molding materials aren't cheap. Lol also there isn't a good recasting tutorial using the amazing remelt. There's a video on how to make a simple one part mold. But I found that most nendoroid parts require a two part mold which no one anywhere has tried using the remelt stuff for. ;-; but if enough people request it then I'll make a tutorial on that and show the process I use to make the mold. ^_^
    1 year ago
    SeshiriaOtaku9 (1 year ago) #7040682amazing custom!
    *^*