HomeBlogsArticle #28084Comments

Comments • Anime Shops in South Korea?

e-Bro (1 year ago) #8665349Hmm, it's been nearly a year since I left Korea, but honestly there weren't many stores that I found while I was there... and believe me, I searched. Besides what's already been mentioned, there's also a Hobby Club on the 7th floor (or 8th) of the TechnoMart across from Gangbyeon station (on the green line).
    You'll find NonNo 21 and all of the other figure shops in the building right outside exit 3 of the Nambu Bus Terminal station.
    If you find yourself in Suwon, head up to the 4th floor of the Suwon Station Mall and you should find a Hobby Club up there as well. Small selection, but it's something.
    If you're into Gunpla as well, there are quite a few Gundam Bases and they're all pretty easy to find. Going back to figures, I'll warn you now to expect to pay a little more, which is the trend with most imports from Japan. I found it cheaper to order online. If you do go shopping, bring cash if you want to pay the display price, otherwise there's typically a 8-10% additional charge for using a card.
    Hope that helps!

Thank you so much!!
    1 year ago

Hope that helps!
    1 year ago
    eunice971121 (1 year ago) #8654286There's Non no 21 (논노21) and Kukje Electronics Center (국제전자센터)... that's all the famous ones I know and they are all located in Seoul. Good luck!
    Seconding this :) I've visited South Korea before and Kukje has an entire floor devoted to anime figs :) It's pretty accessible too since it's connected to the subway :D
    1 year ago
    It's been answered but last time I've been to Korea was quite a while cause I have relatives still living there. But personally, I don't recall seeing too many anime stores in the urban areas (More toward Bucheon and Incheon)
    1 year ago
    animehime (1 year ago) #8654304Thank you SO much! That's more than I expected to find.
    I appreciate it~

I should add that Non no 21 is in Kukje Electronics Center.. There are lots of figure shops in that center so you should be okay.
    1 year ago
    I appreciate it~

You're welcome!!
    1 year ago

Thank you SO much! That's more than I expected to find.

I appreciate it~