Comments • mawaru penguindrum

• ‹ PrevFirst12LastNext ›
    12 comments
    Theres a picture that explains it quite well, I'll find it for you.
    5 years ago
    ponnieThe only deep thought this anime provoked with me is that I really want Princess of Crystal figure.
    this.
    5 years ago
    To (try to) answer the questions (spoilers ahoy):

1: The Princess of the Chrystal was one part of the soul of Momoka, who was trying to stop that pink-haired guy (forgot his name). Hence, as the Penguindrum was also an item that could change fate (though in a lesser way compared to the diary) and she wanted to use it to for that exact purpose (it can be assumed she had a feeling she knew what was gonna happen, i.e. Kanba's fall), she wanted the two brothers to go fetch it before it was too late so she could stop the doc's plans by having the Penguindrum returned from their little family (which shouldn't have existed in the first place).

2: A penguindrum (a.k.a. the apple) is an instrument to change fate. In this case, it saved two people who would have otherwise died and thus changed the way the world was supposed to go. A way that paved the way for the plans of the big bad.

3: The penguins are helpers of Momoka, much like the bunnies were for her enemy.

4: Mario-san held the other half of Momoka's soul, tasking Masako with retrieving it as well (because due to her relation with Kanba she was already entangled in this in the first place, fate and all that).

This is all pure conjecture on my part, mind you. But hey, part of the fun of the show was figuring out what the hell was going on. It was like a giant puzzle dumped in your lap and then being told you could go figure it out yourself how it all fit together. Personally, the show was one of my favourites last year (just behind Steins;Gate and Madoka, really) and I loved all the weirdness. Because hey, it did give me something I don't see every day.
    5 years ago
    the penguin bits were the cutest and funniest parts.
    everything else was looney tunes.
    first half was the excruciating madness of ringo.
    second half was backstory, symbolism, and a weird ending.

in any case, go here: penguindrum.wik...
    5 years ago
    ponnieRGBlv26 ~Donyatsu Huntress~
    5 years ago
    It tried to be a deep, thought-provoking show. Whether it succeeded is open to debate. That's pretty much it.
    5 years ago
    tisk394really do i have to????
    I think you do if you can't get together certain things in the anime to the questions you asked.

I think the only question the anime that wasn't answered was why the Princess was after the penguindrum. I think it had something to do with fate...the whole anime surrounded around fate.

But no, if you don't want to then you certainly don't have to.
    5 years ago
    really do i have to????
    5 years ago
    Oh so i thought it was horrible because i have to watch it again? Well that's kind of annoying.
    5 years ago
    I feel for you...Idk if I can watch it all over again. It's like taking a philosophy class...way over my head.
    5 years ago
  • ‹ PrevFirst12LastNext ›
    12 comments
Visit the AllBlue of Japan Hobby Stores!