iJapan not Shipping out Items??n/a

• « Prev   1 2   Next »

23 comments
23 months agoGustavKlimtGustavKlimt
I suspect this holiday season was extremely busy, as i had two figures i paid RSAL for in Nov and got them less then four days ago. I knew it would take a while - and usually the holiday season adds on an extra week or two. I didnt bother checking the tracking - as i dont like worrying and will give it up to 2 months at holiday time. I've waited about three months for books and other stuff from some sellers in the past (i ordered books and they went through the sea route for cheapest - took a long time) - and have only had one item lost in transit from an American seller (which was due to them and not the post office).

It isnt the same for everyone, things do get damaged and lost. I also had the whole stuck in tokyo thing last year, and it was just that they stopped updating till it hit american shores. If you worry a lot, use EMS during the holiday season (Nov and Dec).
03 months ago234h432234h432
I actually had problems with just the tracking number. The tracking number showed that it has departed Japan but never updated since then.

Then one day my package somehow showed up at my door a few weeks later. Tracking info still says its left Japan and nothing afterwards. Maybe there is a glitch in the system somewhere.

Don't forget about the time it was shipped out (holiday seasons) so it may take a week or 2 more.
13 months agosecretly-otakusecretly-otaku
I wouldn't be surprised if your shipment has been sitting in NY or NJ for a while already. It had happened to me as well during this period (late November - Early January). I would recommend tracking your RSAL through USPS, since sometimes you'll see details there while Japan Post system shows nothing.
03 months agomokky86mokky86
I understand your pain because I'm having a similar issue. I had 3 orders with Registered SAL in November shipped separately (2 on the 15th, 1 on the 27th) two have both arrived, The one shipped on 15th it's stuck at dispatched from outward office of exchange TOKYO INT since 18/11 and I'm really concerned that it could be lost
03 months agoSorafiredemonSorafiredemon
I have a couple orders from Mandarake that I ordered around that time, that are in the exact same situation with the tracking still showing them being in japan... I'm only nervous at this point because I recieved an order today that I made about 2 weeks after, yet I'm still waiting on those other ones.
I'm sure everything will arrive eventually, we just need to be patient :)
13 months agoSageGuySageGuy
A friend of mine ordered something from ami in mid nov using rsal and it just arrived today. So I think it's just the holiday delays.
03 months agoFigyourEdFigyourEd
I also ordered from AmiAmi with Registered SAL back in December but I didn't get a tracking number but my order status shows as [shipped].

I always got a tracking number with EMS. How did you get yours with Registered SAL? E-mail only or was it also on your Order Info page on your AmiAmi account?
03 months agoskylinedoskylinedo 's point missed?read 2x
Yep yep, ever since EMS prices went up my SAL packages have been slower than usual to arrive. ESP at this time of year, the shipping services seem to not even have enough official trucks to deliver everything. IE: the ups/fedex guys in my areas are delivering in rental vans bc the backlog of items is still there past the holidays ... EVEN on the Japan side!
03 months agoheroizumiheroizumi
I'm having a semi-similar issue. I had two orders get filled at the end of December (a calendar and a box of keychains for a split). I had them shipped separately and the calendar was marked as sent on the 24th of December. It's still in limbo in Japan. The box of keychains? Shipped on the 27th of December, already in New York, on it's way to me in Ohio.

It's most likely some wild form of delays from the holidays.
03 months agoStalgonoffStalgonoff
What exactly does the tracker say as the most recent event? AmiAmi prioritizes EMS/DHL during busy periods (like the holidays) so depending what it says, it could have not made it to post office yet. If it says it's at outward office of exchange or similar it's still hasn't left yet. SAL charters extra space on commercial plains, so you could just be really unlucky. If it's stuck at dispatched from outward office of exchange, verify that your country even updates RSAL after it leaves Japan (Canada does not officially, but you can exploit their system to track it yourself).

That being said, I shipped 4 packages between November 11 and Dec 25th. The 2 in November still haven't arrived, but the 2 in December have both arrived. The one I ordered on Christmas arrived 1 week later and the one ordered on the 11th arrived on Jan 3 (being delivered backwards...)

Still waiting on the last 2, but I'm just giving it time. Once they hit 2 months I'll contact the post office again and start looking into it.
03 months agoquirowquirow
Like most people here I had a very similar problem like this with AmiAmi during the holidays of 2015. I ordered an item from them near the end of November using unregistered SAL and it took the package until the end of January to arrive, I assumed that the package was lost since it took 2 whole months to arrive but it wasn't so I wouldn't lose hope just yet; like people have mentioned I'm pretty sure it's just a delay from the mass amount of packages from the holidays.
13 months agoEren3950Eren3950
Don't worry guys I'm sure your packages aren't lost. Man most of you get registered sal. I always get sal and mine did arrive. I always find unregistered sal is a bit faster than registered sal for me.
03 months agoCriscokidCriscokid
In my experience, since June of 2016, SAL shipping has not been as efficient as it used to be.
03 months agoMandiLynnMandiLynn
I ordered something on November 10th from Plamoya, SAL shipping. Still have yet to receive it. I don't have any advice, just wanted to let you know I understand your pain. XD Hopefully we'll receive our items soon! :)
03 months agodebinoresudebinoresu
im in a similar case, in one case i didnt even get a tracking number i was supposed to so idfk where that package is, in the other case its amiami and its been stuck in japan for weeks. you just gotta owe it up to holiday shipping times. new years celebration piles on top of christmas stuff and items get stuck. i wouldnt panic until February ngl
03 months agoStarFruitStarFruit
I also have 6 registered SAL packages from Japan shipped out on December 2nd. 4/6 of them were delivered to me so far. I'm really scared the other 2 packages are lost because they are the smallest packages out of the 6 packages. And the 4 packages were delivered to me on the SAME DAY. If my 6 packages are shipped out on the same day, then why out of 6 of them, the 2 smallest packages were still undelivered to me while the 4 bigger ones are delivered?! I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that the last 2 packages will be delivered to me. I think we just have to wait longer.
03 months agochapters0chapters0
shipping has been slow in general. ami packages usually takes about 2weeks for me but as of recent it has been about 6-7weeks
03 months agoxCommandoxCommando
I've had RSAL packages take over two months before. Its hard not to worry, but there's really no point in contacting anyone about it yet. AmiAmi will just tell you to wait a bit longer as SAL can take 2-3 months to reach you, and in extreme cases even longer. I'd start investigating once you start moving past 3+ months but I don't think it will reach that point. So just hang in there.
03 months agosonicmonkeysonicmonkey
Anything shipped out in December can take a while longer to arrive amidst all the late Christmas orders. And the tracking numbers can sometimes be unreliable, or the post offices are lazy and won't scan the packages. Your package may not be lost, but if you're really concerned, contact amiami. They should be able to help.

I don't know what postal service amiami uses, as I've never ordered from them, but unfortunately a lot of Japanese post offices only offer customer service in Japanese.

Good luck!
03 months agoakarinakarin
It says, "Dispatch from outward office of exchange" so that means it left Japan already and it's on its way to you (atleast that's what I've always thought lol). Since you ordered it in December it may take a while, so give it a little more time.

« Prev   1 2   Next »