iLayton Revoltech help!n/a

02 months agoRajkeRajke
rufusdrummknottKayochan is my one and only figma, but she's given me a fair bit of trouble. Her left arm is constantly popping out, and I'm not sure if that's something wrong with her, or if I'm doing something wrong. She's so small that I'm always afraid of damaging her, so for the most part I've left her posed like this. Her feet are not level and I don't know if I did something wrong there either. She's very cute, but I don't play with her much at all because it feels like she'll fall apart at the slightest provocation.

Thanks for bearing with me! I'm curious, have you guys ever had any other kinds of difficulties with articulated figures? Do you like them? Considering my personal experience, I'm not that fond of them myself and I just generally am not too into jointed figures, but they clearly have a lot of plus points! I'd love to own a RAH someday, myself!

I recognize it by my Tohsaka Rin, but unfortunatly i can't figure out how to fix it. Besides that i don't have many troubles with my Figma's. The only other thing is the Foot of Miho. The hole in the foot is oblique. (fabric error) besides of that, the peg fit's in properly but is under another angle.
02 months agoPahsminaPahsmina
Not much help from my side, but I myself have had the same problem with all of my Laytons. orz
A lot of the poses from his official photos have been absolutely impossible for me to recreate at first. But after a couple of years of many many pose changes, my oldest one is starting to ease up a bit in his joints, perhaps that could work for your's as well?
Anyway, as I stated, not much help but I just got so excited seeing so happy over buying a Layton. ; w ;
02 months agoStalgonoffStalgonoff
Take a look at [ext link ] and [ext link ] they are actually both very similar, but should give you an idea how to take out joints.

I second the hair dryer method. I didn't know we owned one, so I tried using warm water to heat up the PVC to the point where I could stretch it, but didn't have much luck. It should be possible though. However, the hairdryer method is much easier. Like tharglet said I use the lowest setting, and on a 1/6 scale where I had to heat the hands/hair to insert an umbrella shaft, it took about 30 seconds to get it to a good spot where I could easily slide it through without damaging the figure.
02 months agotharglettharglet
rufusdrumknott (2 months ago) #18667862Thanks for the tip, I'll try out a hair dryer if I can! My flatmate has one and I'm always nervous to ask her for a favour, so I'd like to see if any other possible solutions pop up first ^^; Would warm water work as well? Though the paint on Layton is the type where you might accidentally mark the paint with your nails if you're not careful, so I'm not sure if he'll be okay with water? Okay, maybe I'm being a bit paranoid, but it never hurts to ask, right?

I've tried warm water on a NECA figure, wasn't super-successful (it helped, but wasn't as effective as hairdryering it). Not had any issues with my figures and water, then again I've only really rinsed them to get dust off occasionally.

When hairdrying stuff, I use the lowest settings and usually have my fingers in the airstream so I can see how hot things are getting. Doesn't usually take too much to make the plastic pliable.
02 months agorufusdrumknottrufusdrumknott
Bea2028 (2 months ago) #18666706Could it be that your Figma is a bootleg? If it is the only one you have,it can be difficult to see the differences between a real Figma and a bootleg.
Where did you buy it and at what price? Does it have any paint errors? Do the stand and all the extra pieces fit well in her?

I bought her from Amiami, so there's no chance of that! She came to me sealed as well. Everything fits just fine, and I've swapped her hair and faceplates around a few times, she's just a bit precarious. It's basically a sure thing that her left arm will pop out if I try to adjust it, and I don't feel that comfortable moving her other arm either to be honest. Er, she comes with a phone and an onigiri that don't quite fit into any of her hands, I just have to balance them (and I still haven't quite figured out the phone), but I assume that figma accessories just come loose.

I got Layton opened from Mandarake, in case anyone is concerned about him as well~

tharglet (2 months ago) #18667409If you have a hairdryer, you could heat up the leg, and see if that can persuade the joint to loosen up. Tweezers aren't a substitute for pliers - using pliers would allow you to get a fair amount more pulling force to get the joint to come out. Revoltech (and figma) joints are totally removable.
Not sure about the Figma, never had issues with the joints themselves. For loose joints on stands, I use PTFE tape around the peg portion - PTFE tape allows you to make things slightly fatter.

02 months ago (2 months ago)tharglettharglet