HomeBlogsArticle #32431Comments

Comments • dakimakura tips and infos needed

Why buy dakimakura online?It's more convenient for you to choose the one you love most, there are more designs than stores. You can see the full pictures at the same time.

If you don't know who the character is, you can use google image to search and dakimakura usually comes with two sides like this one.

7 months ago
    A lot don't have any useful info where I looked. Look them up online before going if possible or ask a sales person as suggested earlier. Google image search otherwise. Perhaps the copyright is shown somewhere. Sometimes there's only a small paper telling you what material/source it is, which isn't very helpful.

For asking in person, it might take up very long (walking around the store, looking into computer etc.), depending if you are looking for something specific.

When I was in Japan for the first times, I was like: "I wanna buy a dakimakura! But which one should I get because they aren't so cheap."
    8 months ago
    Jenthehen Otaku at Law
    andre30496 (8 months ago) #18947720Thanks! For me i'm actually looking at the ones in japan in person

Oh cool! I guess you could try doing a search on your phone using the Japanese text on any sticker on the daki (if possible) if you're standing there. They probably expect otaku to just KNOW, right? ;) If you know enough Japanese, I suppose you could ask if the sales person knows or could pull it up online? I have no idea how shopping in person in Japan works!
    8 months ago
    Chloe-tsundere The louise otaku
    Dakis are always double sided unless theyre cheap and from a magazine and some few exceptions..

As for knowing how it looks like, search for chararacter :) usually theyre in the database some doujin goods are not so you can look em up like angel says that way ;)
    8 months ago
    Thanks! For me i'm actually looking at the ones in japan in person

Jenthehen (8 months ago) #18947677This blog I made awhile ago has some comments that were really helpful for finding what the full daki looks like if you're looking at Mandarake or Yahoo Auctions and only see the face - blog/28990&...
    8 months ago
    Jenthehen Otaku at Law
    8 months ago
    If you're speaking about stores like Mandarake, they'll usually have the character name (although in Japanese) - and they'll also have the artist/circle/distributor in the info box (also in Japanese unless the name is English). You can use this information to search up the full design of the dakimakura - usually by running a google search of [Artist/Character name]抱き枕/抱き枕カバー (dakimakura cover). I'll add that most dakimakura are double sided.
    8 months ago
Anime, Figures and Manga For Less!