iI've gotten myself into a bad situation... Any help?n/a    Readers' selection (2017-03-20)

01 month agoMauxjediMauxjedi
I know this is a VERY bad idea, but I've managed to use my RPG miniature painting kits to cover up paint-rub and paint-chip. I have a lot of paints so matching exactly isn't an issue, but just be sure you can get the paint the exact shade, and as thinned down as you can. Typically I do this for very small blemishes and I'd never try it on anything worth a lot.
11 month ago (1 month ago)maggiemaggie
I agree about the acetone, but I usually use it on spots that don't already have paint (faces, legs, places that have odd marks that don't already have paint).

I probably wouldn't use it on a blouse unless you had a SUPER light hand and a qtip, good technique and be used to removing paint. You would remove any finish on the blouse though.
11 month ago (1 month ago)Bea2028Bea2028
Lilie (1 month ago) #19113175I've used nail polish remover that has acetone multiple times and i haven't damaged any of my figures.
I've used it with soft brush and very small amounts carefully to remove paint scratches.
Though of course you shouldn't use pure acetone.

I meant nail polish remover,not pure acetone ^^ here in Spain we call acetone to the nail polish remover
01 month ago (1 month ago)Bea2028Bea2028
I only use it to clean the soft plastic parts of my figmas when they get dirty,so they don't get any damage at all. Of course I wouldn't do that to clean the painted parts!! And if I did,it would be very carefully,so don't worry ^*^
01 month agoAsagoeAsagoe Mad Magician ✨
I had this happen to me recently when I was moving some stuff around. I was able to remove it by lightly rubbing the area with one of those white erasers from a mechanical pencil.
01 month agoGCNessGCNess
MasterSora (1 month ago) #19106398I know it's not ideal, but the same thing happened to my Saitama scale, and I managed to scratch the paint marks off.
I've tried that, and it didn't work :(
21 month ago (1 month ago)LilieLilie
Kirito-dono (1 month ago) #19108795Why would you do that? Don't use acetone, you'll damage your figures.I've used nail polish remover that has acetone multiple times and i haven't damaged any of my figures.
Though of course you shouldn't use pure acetone.
161 month agoKirito-donoKirito-dono
Bea2028 (1 month ago) #19107212I clean my figures with acetone,but I don't know if it could work in this case...
Why would you do that? Don't use acetone, you'll damage your figures.
11 month agoBlackfire89Blackfire89
i only tried magic eraser so far, while rubbing gently it will vanish over time, but still it sucks.. if this dont work i dont know what to do sorry
11 month agoBea2028Bea2028