iFigures that don't match the promo photosn/a

07 days agoMagusfiguresMagusfigures
I've bought a couple of figures that didn't match their promo photos, for better or for worse. item #91683 is pretty notorious for looking completely different upon release; they changed his eyes between the prototype and the final and the new eyes are, frankly, worse. The colors are also much more subdued on the final product. I only bought him to go with my Kotetsu, and he was fairly inexpensive, but I'm not terribly fond of him.

As an example of a figure that changed for the better, I was hesitant about item #287697 when promo pictures were first put out. The paintwork on his clothes was stunning, but something about the face seemed off to me. He looked a bit lifeless. Between the high price tag, boring pose, and weird face I passed on preordering him. Later when he was actually released, people noticed that OR had made subtle changes to his face that fixed the entire problem. I'm not 100% sure what they did--maybe he just looks better in person?--but following a major price drop, I decided to snag him for myself. I'm so glad I did; he's definitely one of the most beautiful figures on my shelf. At the same time, I'm also glad I waited to see what the final looked like before making a decision about buying him.
08 days ago (8 days ago)lollikinslollikins
ipwnboyz (10 days ago) #19123090Koto's Olivia: (mfc link) vs (mfc link)
I LOVED the orange tone used for her hair in the promo picture but they changed it for whatever stupid reason.
This was a huge let down for me and hands down my biggest figure disappointment of all time.

I actually preordered this because of the coloring of her hair in the promo pictures, but after reading your comment I checked on the user pictures and ended up canceling my preorder. Thanks btw! I would have hated to receive her and hate the hair color they decided to go with. Too bad the figure is really beautiful though.
08 days agoMugenTenshinFRDMugenTenshinFRD
MeleeHell (9 days ago) #19147178I listed her for sale on MFC and ebay the fay I got her. still no inquiries, selling for 80 to cover shipping, can go down to like 75 I guess, listed her at 85 on ebay for greed purposes lol. if you know anyone interested tell them to PM me I have a imgur with a bunch of pics and willing to take more at buyers request. I think she looks fine from far away, but I'm too OCD so I rather just have another figure instead of her.
Good luck selling, I'm sure you will find someone who wants it. I was amazed that it was sold so fast last time, even at a high price. Currently I personally don't know anyone who is looking for this figure. Yeah, if you feel like that about it, selling is the best option.
08 days agoLullesLulles
Cantisama (10 days ago) #19123061RAH Skyward Sword Link item #149372
I'm a huge Zelda series fan, pre-ordered him a full year before release, and still sold him the moment he arrived in the mail ;_;

Oh man, same. I saw pictures of the actual product before he arrive and was already VERY disappointed. When I saw him in person I felt like selling him right away, too. And I'm a huge LoZ fan :(
09 days agoKarumiKarumi Bishie Enthusiast
Heliodora (9 days ago) #19145273I was heartcrushed when they showed the final version, I only bought him because of his smiling faceplate and they managed to screw up the proportions/position on it. He looks better in person, but still, I can't help but think what an amazing figure he'd be if they stayed true to the prototype.
I prefer an Aoba that's not being mind-f*cked and/or tortured by Virus & Trip, so I was happy when they added that smiling face. It made me seriously consider buying him, but in the end, I couldn't afford it. Worked out for the better, as now I wouldn't buy him even if I could. @__@

Although I don't really like Aoba to begin with. If it was Ren, Noiz, or Clear, I would've ordered from the start. >___<
09 days agoMeleeHellMeleeHell
MugenTenshinFRD (9 days ago) #19140103Yeah, actually I don't even understand why particularly this figure became so expensive. It's a pretty popular character, it might be the pose, but it's definitely not the company.
Last time I saw 2 popping up on Mandarake, one for ¥20k and one for ¥25k, both were sold in a wimp.
It's definitely rarity that sells this figure, not the quality at all.
I think this figure really goes back to 2010 era or before if we compare to figure quality from the time we live in.
$70 would be worth it for this figure right now, way above $100 not so much. Did you end up selling her or keeping it? At least it would be an easy sale, right now you could even make money selling it.

29 days agoHeliodoraHeliodora
Karumi (10 days ago) #19123035This guy. item #293234
Not extremely different, but different enough for me to not buy him.

09 days ago (9 days ago)Chloe-tsundereChloe-tsundere The louise otaku
Sadly minazuki lala,
I still love her but all the shading on her skin is gone..

item #395096

Tho ive been thinking about selling her if she drops (so i buy another one cheap, sell other for whst i paid)
But in the end i think i just cant lol

Still i dont like the difference
09 days agoMugenTenshinFRDMugenTenshinFRD
MeleeHell (10 days ago) #19125040yeah she is very expensive nowadays, running for like 200 if you for the cheapest option, i think solaris is selling her for like almost 300 witch is insanity. i got her used for 70 which at the time i thought was a really good deal considering she is so expensive new. once i opened her up and examined her more closely I could tell it was very cheaply made but the real killer for me was her face, holy moly maybe i just got really unlucky but if her box didnt have the sticker of authenticity i would have been certain she was a bootleg, not even freaking close to the promo on the damn box. literally listed her for sale the day i got her to try to make my 70 dollars back. she looks fine from far away but im pretty OCD about my figures so i rather just have the extra space and my 70 dollars back for another figure instead of her. im not the only one feels the same way judging by this user review (mfc link)
It's definitely rarity that sells this figure, not the quality at all.
129 days agoSerpentyleTorcSerpentyleTorc
#Di molto bene
010 days agoMeleeHellMeleeHell
MugenTenshinFRD (10 days ago) #19124143I don't know the anime and character that well, but I've seen that figure pass by at times. That's the figure that's like ¥20k-¥30k these days, right?? An insane price and even for a Griffon figure.
I only own 1 figure that doesn't really match the prototype and guess what, it's made by Griffon Enterprises too: item #186113
It's still not that bad and it's not perfect, but it's still pretty nice.

010 days ago (10 days ago)MugenTenshinFRDMugenTenshinFRD
MeleeHell (10 days ago) #19122883I ended up buying her used item #179035
and was very disappointed at how little she looked like her promo photos, specifically her face. Ive learned from this purchase to never ever buy anything from griffon enterprises again as they are notorious for the final product almost looking like a bootleg compared to the promo images.

It's still not that bad and it's not perfect, but it's still pretty nice.
410 days agoipwnboyzipwnboyz (~‾▿‾)~
Koto's Olivia: (mfc link) vs (mfc link)

110 days agoCantisamaCantisama
RAH Skyward Sword Link item #149372

2210 days ago (10 days ago)KarumiKarumi Bishie Enthusiast
This guy. item #293234

Not extremely different, but different enough for me to not buy him.
810 days agomaggiemaggie
.... most Figuarts...? More prize figures than I can count.
710 days agoMeleeHellMeleeHell
Raikiri29 (10 days ago) #19122884I took this picture from someone in MFC for thi figure item #166043

yep lol i learned that the hard way recently with one of my purchases, dont touch griffon products, its a meme at this point how bad their figures are compared to the final product.
1010 days agoRaikiri29Raikiri29