HomeBlogsArticle #32532Comments

Comments • Nostalgic figures and goods

I feel happy when I look at ITEM #5937, ITEM #5939, and ITEM #5938. I don't remember how I got them, but they were some of my first actual figures that weren't pokemon, or something. I got ITEM #4833 at a nearby convention back in 2007. I still look for some of these.

I somehow own ITEM #224041 and ITEM #9819, not sure how I got them. I sometimes send pictures of Sora to my friends because he's a little scary.

Then, I had lots of Pokemon toys. I don't know where most of them went.

I also owned one of the Ryo-Ohki plushies, maybe ITEM #46645, but I don't know where it went.
    My younger years was a mystery I guess.
    8 months ago
    C2Queen Maji Tenshi ❀
    Thank you all for your responses by the way! They've all been very nice to hear about. It takes me back to being a kid and it's neat to see a lot of the stuff you guys had when you were younger.
    8 months ago
    C2Queen Maji Tenshi ❀
    abi (8 months ago) #19156010Hi! Maybe here are some entries you were looking for:picture/94696&a...

At that time I got ITEM #9039 and ITEM #7395 saving allowances and as gift.

Yes! The Kenshin figure in that picture is the one I had with Kaoru! Thank you!

A scale like that would be incredible!

AH! That second Sailor Moon item you had! I had the keychain version and thanks to your post I found it in the database. I had ITEM #442252 I had it for a really long time, then eventually the tail broke somehow and then at some point I lost it. I remember using it more as a toy than a keychain.
    8 months ago
    Most nostalgic figures for me are the Tokyo Mew Mew set PICTURE #430502 which were my first figures and I got them when I was around 12, my early entrance to this hobby though I wouldn't properly join it until years later :P

The figures/merch I wanted most at that time were ITEM #6364 and ITEM #139784 which I still want to get but when I see them up for sale they always just slip out of my grasp.... ;-;
    8 months ago
    mirberry 絶対可憐
    When I was still little, and Sailor Moon was airing on Cartoon Network, it was no secret to my family that it was my favorite. I had all of the Irwin dolls and plushes, and loved them to bits. My mother, who at the time had no idea about eBay, actually scoured the city for Sailor Moon stuff for me, and found shops that had the imported plushes from Japan.

This means that I have items such as ITEM #20629, ITEM #191108, ITEM #191109, ITEM #21320, and ITEM #20861, though all save for Chibi Moon and Super Sailor Moon are now in unfortunately awful shape because hey, I was a kid, I played with my toys back then!

I have some old Pokemon toys too, but none of those have the same nostalgic vintage as the Sailor Moon ones. I'd love to re-acquire these old, rare items so that I can appreciate them properly.
    8 months ago
    Hi! Maybe here are some entries you were looking for:picture/94696&a... Rurouni Kenshin is one of my favourites as well, though, I couldn't find anything at the time (was on junior high) I always wanted the whole manga and ovas, now I only have half of them, and when I started collecting, the Kotobukiya figures were available, but for some reason they weren't too appealing for me, though they're really nice. Even so, I would like a scale based on the illustration with Kenshin and Kaoru with an umbrella (maybe I should try doing it myself ^^')
    Definitely getting this sort of items was difficult when being a kid, in my time all I could get were cards at conventions and collectible stores (mainly Sailor Moon, but I also got from Ranma, Pokemon and Slayers) . Only some Bandai toys were easier to find as at that time they were sold at toy stores and also supermarkets toy's section. There was a variety from Saint Seiya and Sailor Moon (early 90s) and then CCS and Pokemon from other brand (early 2000s). At that time I got ITEM #9039 and ITEM #7395 saving allowances and as gift. Years later my brother and I got a Pikachu and Raichu, and later I got from my dad and brother a Pikachu plush. From CCS I got some collectible cards and manga magazines printed here in spanish, but always wanted the clow cards and couldn't get them, until now that I can buy my own stuff online, I got the rerelease and quite a number of other stuff from CCS and Sailor Moon (though I told myself I wouldn't because that time has passed, but nostalgia beat me and I'm still getting stuff that is being released ^^')
    8 months ago
    Digimon was my jam back in the day (and still is) and I still have 99% of my childhood collection (Even the Taco Bell paper bag from when the movie came out)! One of my good friends back when I was in elementary school/middle school had the digidestined figures and every time my mother would take me to TRU, I would search for those figures, but would never find them. I mainly only wanted Kari ITEM #32699. I think that was the only thing that I really wanted back then, but never got at the time.
    8 months ago
    There was a series of 1/72 Macross kits made by Imai/ARII that I always wanted to complete. I had a few of the models, but both Imai and ARII went bankrupt, and prices skyrocketed. Luckily Bandai released re-tooled versions of the kits resulting in the prices (of even the "collectible" kits) to come back to earth.

ITEM #50332
    ITEM #50333
    ITEM #50335

Looks like several of the models are not in the database though.
    8 months ago
Anime, Figures and Manga For Less!