iMandarake and bootlegs?n/a

• « Prev   1 2   Next »

22 comments
023 hours agoChloe-tsundereChloe-tsundere The louise otaku
starlightshine (1 day ago) #19227785Oh yeah, I went to check Mandarake and they really removed the listing. Thanks! Now I know what to do if something like this happens again.

Yup they even messaged me again to tell me they removed it and really appreciate the effort. So yeah definitly tell them, every human makes errors and especially on that urban sale (no check at all it says so..)
01 day agostarlightshinestarlightshine
Chloe-tsundere (2 days ago) #19200396Reply from manda:
Hi Chloe,
Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
As this item was a part of the Urban Mines auctions, it did not go through the same checks as items that go on our regular auctions and online store.
After talking with the head of the department he has said that he will be contacting the Sahra Warehouse (where Urban Mines items are stored) and instructing them to remove the item from the auction.
Once again thank you very much for telling us about this item
So they rarely sell bootlegs in regular store guys.. And just message them if you see bootleg (through fb)
It even says so in the auction that there was no check thus the cheap price it starts at..

02 days ago (2 days ago)Chloe-tsundereChloe-tsundere The louise otaku
BloodFlower (2 days ago) #19200656Have you even tried clicking on my link from the top comments? Mandarake have sold bootlegs at their regulars stores before. They're a second-hand store, it will happen from time to time no matter how good they are at checking stuff (humans are never flawless, there's always a chance of human error). They do remove those items if they get notified about it as you've demonstrated though (which is apparent in the old blog as well). But if no one tells them about it then the item will be sold as normally.

I disabled top comments (i hate the like system..) and sure it may happen but its not frequent that people now need to start panicking and worry about their items being possible bootlegs.
Changed it to rarely.. Hope youre happy ^^"
02 days ago (2 days ago)BloodFlowerBloodFlower
Chloe-tsundere (2 days ago) #19200396
So they dont sell bootlegs in regular store guys.. And just message them if you see bootleg (through fb)

Have you even tried clicking on my link from the top comments? Mandarake have sold bootlegs at their regular stores before. They're a second-hand store, it will happen from time to time no matter how good they are at checking stuff (humans are never flawless, there's always a chance of human error). They do remove those items if they get notified about it as you've demonstrated though (which is apparent in the old blog as well). But if no one tells them about it then the item will be sold as normally.
02 days ago (2 days ago)Chloe-tsundereChloe-tsundere The louise otaku
Reply from manda:

Hi Chloe,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Once again thank you very much for telling us about this item

02 days agoSegaGirl5000SegaGirl5000
I have not seen bootlegs on Mandarake before (till now haha, but it's urban mines so :P), however in reference to retro toys they are upfront about some of them being bootlegs: [ext link ] (labelled literally under bootleg museum... haha)
Anyways, Mandarake is generally good about this stuff, I wouldn't really worry about it but always keep an open eye on any site. :D
02 days agotake123take123
I've never got a bootleg before from Mandarake. They are overall very legit and know how to check for bootlegs before buying used items.
03 days agoSkyBlueSkyBlue
So far I've yet to come across a bootleg in Mandarake and Surugaya but I've seen plenty in YAJ from plushes to books to anime box sets to exclusive pre-order shop bonuses to cosplay...it's endless and you really ought to be careful >.>
03 days agoChloe-tsundereChloe-tsundere The louise otaku
darkfader (3 days ago) #19156470For urban mine auctions, they usually take pictures themselves. But for normal store, they take it off the internet (and they will e-mail you when they find out the picture/title doesn't match).
Perhaps they do know it's a bootleg and trying to get rid of it this way :)

Ahh i see well i send em a message in case they dont know :)
I never bought a bootleg from their regular stores
13 days agosousuukessousuukes walking disaster
I read somewhere (might've been MFC I don't remember though OTL) that someone got a bootleg daki from the Urban Mine auctions once. This could be a bootleg, which is why it ended up being sold for 1 yen at the auctions instead of their main site.

I buy a lot from Manda and never have had any problems with bootlegs from their main stores - guess this might just be something found on the Urban Mine auctions?
13 days ago (3 days ago)darkfaderdarkfader
Chloe-tsundere (4 days ago) #19156034Maybe they just used the image but the actual item is real, it is possible.
Usually their pocs are just taken of the net :)

Perhaps they do know it's a bootleg and trying to get rid of it this way :)
03 days agosarahbearsarahbear
Now I'm worried because I ordered an item from Manda and I'm scared it's a bootleg.
23 days agoPaulichuPaulichu Sailor Senshi of Wisdom
SO I can't read through the comments right now, but Mandarake sells bootlegs and often. They get batches of the Sailor Moon Crisis ring from P-Bandai once in while. That ring is like $150~ retail if I remember correctly, but the one they sell is 800 yen. It's never marked as fake or bootleg.
04 days ago (4 days ago)Chloe-tsundereChloe-tsundere The louise otaku
Maybe they just used the image but the actual item is real, it is possible.
Usually their pocs are just taken of the net :) but you can contact them on their facebook?
Perhaps report that it is a bootleg and see how they respond, pretty sure they take it serious :) theyre a good business

Edit: just send a chat message on fb to them ;)
04 days agoDemitriaDemitria
Lately I've found a bootleg of a Marisa Kirisame's plush on yahoo japan. As far as I know a lot of chinese sellers are on yahoo japan. I actually saw quite a number of figures that were clearly bootlegs... Every BJD you see there (and on ebay) that costs 1/3 of the retail price, it's a bootleg.
54 days agoBloodFlowerBloodFlower
Jenthehen (4 days ago) #19155624To be fair, the only obvious bootlegs I've seen on Yahoo Auctions is dakimakura - like where you see the $10 "Peach Skin" version of a daki you know is out of print and worth over $100 or more.

Recast GKs is pretty common as well and I've seen plenty of unlicenced items as cosplay outfits and what not.
34 days agoJenthehenJenthehen Otaku at Law
starlightshine (4 days ago) #19155507Yes, it's in the 'Urban Mine' section, where they have stated they don't check for anything and basically just take a photo of it and post it on their website. It's not the regular bidding auction.
And I didn't know Yahoo Auction had bootlegs too! I'll keep a lookout then, I shop from there way too often.

04 days agostarlightshinestarlightshine
Ose_93 (4 days ago) #19155257I've never seen a bootleg on the regular Mandarake website. This seems to be the bidding site, which I have never been on.
I'm not at all certain how bids on there work. But according to the FAQ, Urban Mines products are in no way inspected. The only thing they do is make sure something is in the box.
So I guess this means there may be other bootlegs for this section. They don't check items at all, so they don't check for authenticity.
Jenthehen (4 days ago) #19155339Sounds like it's an as is auction site through Mandarake and they are not guaranteeing anything but that what is in the picture / general description is included. More along the lines of Yahoo Auctions (where I do occasionally see bootlegs, as well!) The description seemed to imply that these sales are not to the same standard as their shops.akarin (4 days ago) #19155356I think when it comes to Urban Mines they don't care about the condition or state of the items they sell, and they kinda state it in the description. Really surprised they'd sell a bootleg though, since they made sure to note in their regular site FAQ that they don't sell any since they "inspect" everything carefully. So this looks unprofessional tbh. Wonder how this got in their hands tho...lol

204 days agoBloodFlowerBloodFlower
Bootlegs on Mandarake do exist, not just in the Urban Mines auctions. Here's an old blog about it: (mfc link)

They are a second-hand store dealing with any kind of nerdy merchandise, all from old toys to newer figures. No second-hand store is perfect, a bootleg will eventually pop up every now and then. They are buying directly from private persons after all and no employee can keep track of every item and how to look for a bootleg for them.
04 days ago (4 days ago)akarinakarin