HomeBlogsArticle #32592Comments

Comments • Restoring a leaning or deformed figure back into shape

DonkeyBlonkey (8 months ago) #19308046Of course but when you say
    "I don't know if this is a common issue with this figure but ever since I got her a few years ago I've had this problem: since most of her weight is resting on her left hand, she's very unstable and she would fall from the jungle gym at the slightest shake."

Then sure it's a going to become an issue if you're not using the clear stand xD
    Other than that, the content of the tutorial is great.

Yeah my bad, it's just that I had totally forgotten about it until you mentioned it ^^;
    But now the more I think about it, the more this feels like they realized the problem halfway through production and decided it would be cheaper to just throw in a little stand rather than fix the figures they had already cast.
    Anyway I digress, wether this was a flaw or not is of little significance to this tutorial :-p
    I could have chosen a more obviously flawed example in my collection, like ITEM #2109's leaning or Zafira's paws in ITEM #6429 that don't lay flat on the ground. It's just that Tsukihi was on my mind after falling yet again while reorganizing my shelves ^^
    8 months ago
    kyoshinhei (8 months ago) #19305453You're right, I should still have it. I should look for the box in my basement sometime.
    However since most production pictures don't show this stand, I wanted to find a solution that didn't need it. She looks much better without ;-)
    Of course but when you say

Other than that, the content of the tutorial is great.
    8 months ago
    DonkeyBlonkey (8 months ago) #19299342I don't know what happened to yours but she comes with a plastic stand for her right leg/foot to rest on.
    e.g. this pic: s1.tsuki-board....

8 months ago
    Thanks for sharing! I attempted this method on the bikini straps of ITEM #78376 but was unsuccessful so I just stretched them with brute strength. It wasn't my best work, but oh well. Since then I learned that I actually had a hair dryer so I've been using that on the lowest setting to heat up the PVC enough to get stuff in place safely like with ITEM #331681.

Reinforcing with steel rods works well too. I should know, my surgeon used the same concept to repair my ankle >.>
    8 months ago

e.g. this pic: s1.tsuki-board....
    8 months ago