HomeBlogsArticle #32598Comments

Comments • Modding Nendo Wo-Class

kyoshinhei (8 months ago) #19313898That huge difference is puzzling but interesting, maybe I should just get some white ones and put some clear red on them ^^

The different materials that LEDs are made from, to produce the different colours, need differing amounts of power shoved through them to do their thing. Didn't know the difference was so significant though.

There are charts on the internet to calculate the power consumption. I could crunch the numbers from what other people quote, but not that interested (and it would require guesses for what LEDs they are using)

For me, if I was doing LED stuff, I'd make it run off 5v and wire it to a USB plug. Got some lighting wired to my PC so it turns on when my PC does, with a switch inline so I can override it (if I leave PC on overnight, taking photos)
    8 months ago
    tharglet (8 months ago) #19312383I translated this page using Google Translate, and it largely depends on what colour you get. Red and yellow eat significantly more power than white, green and blue. Former do 7,8,12h, depending what one you get, others are quoted as 30+ hours.
    8 months ago
    kyoshinhei (8 months ago) #19306568Nice job.
    Speaking of Hiromi Milight, I'm considering getting some for the gimmick on ITEM #464666 but I'm wondering what to expect of them in terms of battery life. Do you know how long they can stay on before running out of juice?

8 months ago
    Devastator001 (8 months ago) #19306716kyoshinhei
    Well I have an ITEM #433790 I got around 3 months ago and I've switching it on/ off for alot of times and it's still quite bright till today so should be at least good for a year?

Thanks for the info ;-)
    8 months ago
    kyoshinhei

8 months ago
    Nice job.
    8 months ago
Second hand waifus deserve a second chance at laifu!