iAnyone know more about these eyes?n/a

• « Prev   1 2   Next »

21 comments
014 days agokevinlowlkevinlowl
ponnie (23 days ago) #20505605I didn't dare drill it myself since I lack proper tools and drills can damage the area around the iris but I worked with hollow eyes and I liked it. In fact, if you gather the courage to do so, painting the eyes becomes 3x faster, you don't really need a lot of detail this way to get the sparkly anime look.
I need to gain some modelling skills, this is definitely something I have to try.

Thank you very much for your input on this.
023 days agoponnieponnie ~Donyatsu Huntress~
kevinlowl (25 days ago) #20428257Thanks. Have you done this before?
025 days agokevinlowlkevinlowl
ponnie (28 days ago) #20290851You drill the eye out, draw the iris on the inside, seal with clear UV gel or resin.
Thanks. Have you done this before?
128 days agoponnieponnie ~Donyatsu Huntress~
029 days agokevinlowlkevinlowl
kyoshinhei (1 month ago) #20114973I think the faceplate comes from a Frame Arms Girl kit
picture #1600372
The eyes on the other hand are probably custom made

kyoshinhei (1 month ago) #20116401After thinking a bit more, here's how I think it was done:
- The guy took the Frame Arms Girl faceplate and wiped away the iris with thinner
- He pushed the eyes further into their sockets (either by carving or heating)
- He then applied new decals for the iris
- And to finish he put a drop of crystal resin in each socket to make the "lens"

Great analysis on it, I think you are 100% right.
029 days agokevinlowlkevinlowl
Nih (1 month ago) #20136691[ext link ]
Modded by this person.
Been doing it on several face plates.
[ext link ]

Thanks so much dude, you the real MVP!
21 month ago (1 month ago)NihNih ~Spiritless~
[ext link ]

Modded by this person.
Been doing it on several face plates.

[ext link ]
61 month agokyoshinheikyoshinhei
After thinking a bit more, here's how I think it was done:
- He pushed the eyes further into their sockets (either by carving or heating)
- He then applied new decals for the iris
21 month agokyoshinheikyoshinhei
I think the faceplate comes from a Frame Arms Girl kit
picture #1600372
The eyes on the other hand are probably custom made
11 month agorubyserpent_720rubyserpent_720
I saw this on a twitter post once but that was sometimes last year ;;;

No idea who it came from sorry
11 month ago (1 month ago)kevinlowlkevinlowl
Shikaree (1 month ago) #20113674They look like custom resin eyes similar to how custom doll eyes are made. White resin for the base, paint the iris, clear/gloss resin for cornea.
Hmm, yeah you're right. That seems to be much more practical than it being hollow with a clear cover over it.
21 month ago (1 month ago)ShikareeShikaree
01 month agoPeanutButterPeanutButter
kevinlowl (1 month ago) #20111815Any idea on a source for this, maybe A blogpost somewhere?

Oh OH I was just going off of what I saw in the clip. I don't actually know if that is what they did.

It looks like they did a good job carving but the eyelash paint looks like it came off in areas.
01 month agokevinlowlkevinlowl
PeanutButter (1 month ago) #20111661Someone carved out the eyes, inset them, then put some type of clear cover on it. You can kinda tell they carved because it looks a tad rough.
Definitely going with a mod on this one.

Any idea on a source for this, maybe A blogpost somewhere?
21 month agoXRaptor7XRaptor7
Shimakaze69 (1 month ago) #20111446"Those eyes. Whose are they? Those eyes. Whose are they? Those eyes. Whose are they? Those eyes. Whose are they? Those eyes. Whose are they? Those eyes. Whose are they? Those eyes. Whose are they? Those eyes. Whose are they? Those eyes. Whose are they? Those eyes. Whose are they? Those eyes. Whose are they? Those eyes. Whose are they? Those eyes. Whose are they? Those eyes. Whose are they? Those eyes. Whose are they? Those eyes. Whose are they? "

Damn it, I was going to post that
01 month agokevinlowlkevinlowl
Tiamat26 (1 month ago) #20111332Very cool. But I do not have the info you are seeking
= )
Tia

Yeah ikr? Those eyes are so goddamn perfect.
11 month agoPeanutButterPeanutButter

Definitely going with a mod on this one.
51 month agoShimakaze69Shimakaze69
01 month agokevinlowlkevinlowl
Carousel (1 month ago) #20111281This just looks like someone who modded their figure head to have the eyes cut out and replaced with DD/BJD eyes.
They don't look like lifeless doll eyes to me. It's more like indented regular figure eyes with a clear covering above it.
01 month agoTiamat26Tiamat26
Very cool. But I do not have the info you are seeking

= )