iMHToyShop Shop Shut Down / Closure (Confirmed)n/a    Readers' selection (2017-07-18)

01 hour agobroken-Toyboxbroken-Toybox
I did receive my refund today. I didn't contact MH directly though and let pp solve it for me.
09 hours agoIvanStrife123IvanStrife123
Any news about this? Did anyone get a word from mhtoyshop or a refund?
04 days agoangelbottangelbott
anubis20 (7 days ago) #23739937So Capital One has refunded me for the last invoice I got from MHTS through Freshbooks ^_^ Wish i had paid eveything directly with my CC. Refunds would've been painless. Now to wait until the 30th for the other 7 Paypal claims.
Yay for you. c: [I don't know about Freshbooks..] it is work for you?
04 days agopianokidpianokid
Glad I checked MFC when I was wondering why MH Toy Shop hadn't updated me on a preorder that was recently released. Checked the dates...one of my preorders from them was from 172 days ago. Immediately filled out a PayPal claim. I'm not taking any chances.
17 days agoanubis20anubis20
27 days agoJasurimJasurim
See, I want to wait for them to get things in order and see if they'll refund me themselves BUT they've handled this all so poorly I'm not sure I can trust them. I mean, they never even sent out an email letting customers know what has happened to the company and still haven't. You have to find out through either here or by going to their site.

I'm giving them til the end of the month to contact me and give me a solid time-frame for my refund. If that doesn't happen by then, I'll have to go through Paypal and hope they can sort it out. :/
07 days agoShigerugalShigerugal
Lina (10 days ago) #23604420I'm pretty sure my Kinokuniya has Daisuke last I checked a few days ago. I am not sure on the price so I'd have to go and take a look, but if you are located in the US I can pick him up and ship him to you.
As for the shop, I am so sad to hear this honestly. They were so kind to me and let me know when certain figures were available to pre-order when I asked if they were getting them like Angewomon and Birthday Maki since they were exclusives. I really liked them a lot.

Thank you for the offer but I already got him from them. He's sitting at my brother's house just waiting for me to pick him up lol

Yea. I understand why people rushed for chargebacks but I still feel bad for the people of the site that honestly tried their best to help/do their job. I don't want to point at everyone that worked there, just the one(s) that pulled this move on customers. :/
07 days ago (7 days ago)adrikynadrikyn
We had a couple people come forward on the first day that they got refunds, but I haven't heard anything since. Hate to say it, but I think we're not actually getting refunds at all.

I'll be filing an IC3 to be on the safe side.
07 days ago (7 days ago)carbonatecarbonate
w8 I asked my card about it, they put in dispute not the best way; but, Paypal bailed out
I am hoping MH refund/address themselves quickly, so I can cancel dispute.
Apparently when request retrieval, it cost them around 10 bucks.
I don't like getting muddled up with banks.
Apparently charge-backs cost a lot for them? like 20-30 and heavy penalty once booked.
Have anyone got response from support or them gone too?
I get the idea kind of hole they dug themselves a deep hole
and now are preparing to run from collections...?
Moneys got to come from somewhere.
08 days agohyperassasin95hyperassasin95
carbonate (9 days ago) #23662901yeah I emailed them on Monday and no reply.
Tomorrow, I will call Paypal first and if they don't want to take it up then I will go to my credit card.
Update: I contacted Paypal Canada and they didn't want to take it up, since 20% Sakura is almost a year old.
I went to my credit card to see if they could help me with it..

did you get your refund?
08 days agoangelbottangelbott
anubis20 (8 days ago) #23675532Just filed all 8 of my claims... screw them! They billed me for the remaining balance for an order just last week on the 11th probably knowing they were planning on shutting down. Im out 18 bucks for a December preorder but im gonna try and recoup everything from February on.
Wait..they billing you for these not refund them to you?? D: Have screenshot of this [you can blank some out of personal..] if you don't mind.. So sorry.. D:
08 days agoanubis20anubis20
08 days ago (8 days ago)grail_huntergrail_hunter
Damn, I have a pre-order with two figures from them, paid the deposit of around $34 last December (so it's over 6 months already T_T), but I paid the remaining balance for one for the figures last March so there's still chance for that one at least, hopefully.
I contacted them on Tuesday and got a reply saying 'we'll be in contact as soon as possible'. No replies until now, I'll wait until tomorrow and contact PayPal. Man this sucks an all levels..
09 days ago (8 days ago)carbonatecarbonate
yeah I emailed them on Monday and no reply.
I went to my credit card to see if they could help me with it..
09 days agoIvanStrife123IvanStrife123
I have two orders with them, about 50usd deposit, and I have sent them a mail. Hope that their support mail is still working...
09 days agoadrikynadrikyn
11lemons (9 days ago) #23636800Yeah, pretty much. But I got the refund so fast because MHToyShop agreed to send it after PayPal contacted them as part of the investigation they do.
Edit: I have two other claims open that were put through at the same time. Not sure why they have only agreed to respond to and refund one so far. It was also the cheapest order of the three, though not sure if that means anything. They have ten days to reply/give the refund before PayPal decides on the other two. Though I'm hoping the fact that MHToyShop agreed to refund one already works in my favour.

Strange. I put in my claims two days ago and haven't gotten anything yet. I didn't have contact with MH directly though, but I explained the situation to Paypal. Maybe they're going in some kind of order?
139 days agoCantisamaCantisama
theyasminshow (10 days ago) #23623439To add to this, this isn't the first time I've seen a webshop go under, but usually those shops are able to fulfill the last of their preorders - because the goods have already been ordered from the distributors, the last step is just receiving and distributing.
I remember when otacute.com closed. They gave users over a month of warning, all pre-orders up to a listed cutoff date were to be fulfilled even after the store closed, and they had huge sales to liquidate their remaining stock. Otacute was a great store.

I never used MHToyShop, but I agree with others here that the way they closed is terrible. Good luck to everyone getting your money back and finding your pre-orders available at other stores.
19 days ago (9 days ago)11lemons11lemons
BlackLemon (9 days ago) #23635808If you don't mind, how did you frame your escalation claims with paypal? Did you just say they shut down without warning, that simple?

09 days agoBlackLemonBlackLemon
11lemons (10 days ago) #23630407I had three orders with them and I put in claims through PayPal soon after I saw this article. Just got my first refund.

110 days ago11lemons11lemons