Bootleg FindersBootleg FindersHunting bootlegs one figure at a time!

R_Dorothy
Regular Boarder

R_Dorothy

Online No
Level 20
Joined 7 years ago
Post(s) 181
Location USA

7 years ago
Tisinc99 is becoming notorious for bootlegs. This, of course, I found out after getting my Ryuk Nendoroid. I got a full refund and reported the incident, but I don't think Amazon has acted since I still see that seller along with Death Note nendoroids.

A bummer, really. I've really enjoyed my experiences with Amazon so far. I'm really going to do research before hand now. Heck, it's what brought me to this site and made me decide that maybe it's best to avoid nendoroids that are known to have fakes.
http://i.imgur.com/PJOu4BM.jpg

TSOH
Regular Boarder

TSOH

Online No
Level 14
Joined 8 years ago
Post(s) 127
Location United St...

7 years ago
I got a Vincent Valentine AC version Play Arts that I just found out was a bootleg after owning it a year =(
The sellers name was lionesswrath!

WatchJessieGo
Magical Girl
Regular Boarder

WatchJessieGo

Online No
Level 17
Joined 6 years ago
Post(s) 95
Location United St...

5 years ago
Was reading old threads out of boredom and saw this one, which I have some relevant information for, so I figure I'll go ahead and post this so anyone who's reading can avoid getting cheated out of their money...
[ext link ]
This is obviously a bootlegged product, and taking a look at the seller's store, it's clear that it's bootlegs all around.
So yeah. Don't buy from this seller.

I contacted Amazon about this seller some time ago and was assured that they would look into the matter, but seeing as this seller's still around, looks like nothing's being done about it. I guess it would help if I had "proof" beyond what any experienced collector would be able to say about bootlegs. It would help if people that bought from this seller would leave more negative feedback. One of the most recent feedback is "Okay product but not original." And they gave them a 5/5 rating. Wha--?

Anyway, hope this'll help anyone that might end up looking at this. Sorry to necro this thread.
http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss235/KaseiHikari/Yukisig5.png
Signature by me.

Thousand-Eyes
Regular Boarder

Thousand-Eyes

Online No
Level 8
Joined 6 years ago
Post(s) 11
Location Canada

5 years ago
Initially I marked Amazon as my online site to buy Anime figures that were no longer in stock in other online Anime figure stores, but I've only really bought two One Piece figures off there. Therefore my experience with bootleg sellers are non-existent.

I think both Perfume Paradise and skyeyshop are selling bootleg versions of the 5-figure set of Bleach that includes two Ichigo versions, Rukia, Ulquiorra and Ishida. Thing is, I've been seeing that particular set of figures in bootleg form being sold online quite frequently.
More than a thousand problems. Less than a thousand solutions.
Updated 5 years ago #990640

WatchJessieGo
Magical Girl
Regular Boarder

WatchJessieGo

Online No
Level 17
Joined 6 years ago
Post(s) 95
Location United St...

5 years ago
I've also used Amazon once or twice for figures - not figures that have been bootlegged, though - and was surprised to find such blatantly bootlegged products on there. I knew obviously there could be some, but I figured it'd be much harder to get away with on Amazon so they would be few and far in between.
http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss235/KaseiHikari/Yukisig5.png
Signature by me.

aini
Regular Boarder

aini

Online No
Level 11
Joined 6 years ago
Post(s) 25
Location LA

5 years ago
Seeing how I get a lot of newer figures through Amazon I thought I'd point out that there's a lot of the 20$ Nendoroid Bootlegs up on Amazon that used to be Ebay only... G

osh how I loathe the horrendous fakes showing up on amazon when I look for deals! What I hate most is how they use the original Nendos pictures....

skyeyshop
OneStopAnime
vip offers
GiftsNMore
CINEMA LINK (this one charges in the hundreds? might be an unfortunate foreign store offering their products on the wrong links)

daabeai
Regular Boarder

daabeai

Online No
Level 8
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 222

4 years ago
Does anybody have any experience with "Robert's Anime Corner" on Amazon? I'm thinking of purchasing a Gumi Megpoid nendoroid from there.

Link: [ext link ]

EDIT: It doesn't have any reviews, either, so I'm kind of wary about purchasing it. :/
Updated 4 years ago #1436207

Eshap
Regular Boarder

Eshap

Online No
Level 11
Joined 5 years ago
Post(s) 213

4 years ago
daabeai (4 years ago)Does anybody have any experience with "Robert's Anime Corner" on Amazon? I'm thinking of purchasing a Gumi Megpoid nendoroid from there.

EDIT: It doesn't have any reviews, either, so I'm kind of weary about purchasing it. :/

His official site is here: [ext link ]
I've seen plenty of reviews for his store and I'm 99% sure it's all authentic. I wouldn't worry. If in doubt, a thread was made for his store here (mfc link)
Updated 4 years ago #1436251

daabeai
Regular Boarder

daabeai

Online No
Level 8
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 222

4 years ago
Eshap (4 years ago)daabeai (4 years ago)Does anybody have any experience with "Robert's Anime Corner" on Amazon? I'm thinking of purchasing a Gumi Megpoid nendoroid from there.

EDIT: It doesn't have any reviews, either, so I'm kind of weary about purchasing it. :/

I've seen plenty of reviews for his store and I'm 99% sure it's all authentic. I wouldn't worry. If in doubt, a thread was made for his store here (mfc link)

Thanks Eshap! I'll probably buy it when I have the time~!
Updated 4 years ago #1436268

Eshap
Regular Boarder

Eshap

Online No
Level 11
Joined 5 years ago
Post(s) 213

4 years ago
daabeai (4 years ago)Eshap (4 years ago)daabeai (4 years ago)Does anybody have any experience with "Robert's Anime Corner" on Amazon? I'm thinking of purchasing a Gumi Megpoid nendoroid from there.

Thanks Eshap! I'll probably buy it when I have the time~!

No worries! :) I hope it all works out- Gumi's Nendoroid is so cute!

whentheycry07
Regular Boarder

whentheycry07

Online No
Level 8
Joined 5 years ago
Post(s) 9

4 years ago
Has anyone here ordered from "Hobby Hunters" or "Toy Shop Japan Hobbyone"? There's a nendoroid on there I wanna buy but i'm scared of the possibility of it being a bootleg.

hitman84
Regular Boarder

hitman84

Online No
Level 7
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 48

4 years ago
Might be an odd question BUT
Obviously products sold directly by amazon are legit and come from the actual companies who make the product.
What about the products sold by market sellers but fulfilled by amazon, my thought process is no one would half a mind would actually put bootlegs into amazon's warehouse but I'm still a little leery.

lovehinaotaku
Regular Boarder

lovehinaotaku

Online No
Level 7
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 4
Location British C...

3 years ago
Heyho, this is my first post here (honestly created an account to reply to this thread). Anyway. Ahem. I recently purchased a Mikuru Asahina Gothic Punk ver. (standing) from Amazon.com. Now, I've bought most of my collection there and never had an issue with possible fakes/counterfeits before, until today. After taking Miku's box out I immediately scanned all over the package frantically searching for the holographic sticker where it should be placed, and it was there.. but then I noticed the top of the box where, to my knowledge, pretty well every PVC figure box is sealed with a round sticker or, in a few cases, with clear tape- there was no seal at all, nor any adhesive nor marks where it would normally be. Of course I started panicking at this point and looked up as many pictures of the official/original Griffon ent. packaging, and sure enough I couldn't find anything official that looked quite like my box, just a single seller on ebay had the same box (no, he wasn't from hong kong). The seller seemed to be safe, mentioned earlier in the thread, 'AKToyCollectibles / Anime King." Is there something I don't know? Was this box ever released by Griffon, like as a 1st or 2nd release? If it has, it's a hell of a thing to track down.. here's 2 pictures, both almost too clearly different from any others I've seen. On the front th's look worn & torn away rather than just the plain white of the original. On the back, the illustrations are completely different from the original, as well as placement/outlines.. Am I missing something?
http://s1.tsuki-board.net/image/lovehinaotaku1389060157.jpeg
http://s1.tsuki-board.net/image/lovehinaotaku1389060155.jpeg
http://s1.tsuki-board.net/image/lovehinaotaku1389060153.jpeg
http://s1.tsuki-board.net/image/lovehinaotaku1389060477.jpeg

Apologies for the ridiculously long post! Thank you for any help with this possible horrible tragedy. ;~;
Updated 3 years ago #1921514

Muntoe
Lover of cacti ♡꒰*・ω・人・ω・*꒱♡

Muntoe

Online No
Level 45
Joined 8 years ago
Post(s) 2970
Location United St...

3 years ago
lovehinaotaku (3 years ago) #1921514<snip>I went on the figure's page (item #2691) and it mentioned she had two releases, one in 2012 and another in 2008. There have been cases where the re-release has different packaging (ex. the Ryougi Shiki figure by Good Smile Company) and I think that could be the case here. I could only find one picture on here but the box is very similar to yours: picture #371917 There's also one from an Ebay seller here who looks legit: [ext link ] it's got the authentic sticker I think that's a pretty good sign. It's certainly a strange case and even though the figure's page says counterfeits exist I can find no current signs of them on the market. The best signs are usually how the figure itself looks anyway; is the paint job pretty accurate? Does the figure give off a really strong smell of plastic or other chemicals (it will give off some smell, it's an older figure)? Is the skin unnaturally shiny (look at some bootleg nendos to see what I'm talking about)? If not, you're probably safe.

lovehinaotaku
Regular Boarder

lovehinaotaku

Online No
Level 7
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 4
Location British C...

3 years ago
Aye, that's just the issue; I mean I didn't actually remove the inside packaging/plastic wrap covering her, but even the plastic wrap-job of the figure looks to me at least to be of the same quality (transparency, start & end+overall same shape), and while the box is a little.. con-caved over the entire face of the box, it feels quite similar (not fantastic, like any Goodsmile 1/8's) cardboard+plastic window material to another of Griffon's, Kirino Kousaka swim suit ver.'s boxing. And, while I haven't been doing this for long enough to say for sure, but from what I've gathered in the last 2 days of frantically searching any & all hopeful info about it, the general consensus is that any stickers, especially the holographic(on Mikuru) are not on -most- counterfeits unless it's actually a close comparison in quality to the original.. (please correct me if that's not quite right!) All of your fairly reassuring knowledge & anything I've read aside, there's two things that are getting to me far more than the most obvious differences, the first of which is the seller. First of all, I only ever buy off amazon and only if the user has 100+ feedback with 97% or more, and generally never order anything outside of Japan. I skimmed through all 1200-something feedback left, only AFTER I'd gotten stuck with this, and found 98% of them were very obviously purely posted in large numbers to achieve that good track record. It was 90% 5/5, most all of which were about 4 - 5 words at the most & pretty repetitive aside from the ones from real customers, all of which were 1-3 stars, nearly every one had complained about poor quality/damage despite safely packed, and there was at least.. I'd say about 3/10 reviews mentioning PVC/high-quality figures of any sort, said something like "...obviously a fake., It's close, but unfortunately not real..,It all seemed legit until I took it out of the undamaged box to have the arm simply fall out of the package." etc, and there had to be at least 100 or so simply saying their 'figure had broken arm, missing pieces, limbs broke off after about a week...,' as well as a whole other crowd of people with a separate yet also disturbing problem; packages had clearly been resealed, figures were obviously old/used, box torn where original seal was, didn't come with any kind of tape/seal but leftover residue where it had been.' One more small thing I learned once it had arrived, I was sure the seller & shipping was that of Japan, though it was a usps box sent from the US and that was nowhere to be found previous to my purchase. That's only issue #1 with him (AKToyCollectibles / ANIME KING), but when I filed a claim with him simply explaining my 7+ hours of COMPLETELY fruitless research & finding any hint whatsoever there was any difference in packaging between release #1 and #2, & since in his first reply he claimed to be a professional with 10 years of experience doing this and I should trust him because he apparently "knows it's absolutely Griffon's product." 4 messages back & forth later, I simply restated: All I ask is SOME tiny bit of proof or info that you are telling me, your customer, that you claim to be absolutely certain of. He just said again basically to 'trust him' and to return it if I don't want it. He got frustrated and said "Griffon does not put tape on any of their boxes to seal them" which I found to be true, at least for some, followed by(without it being brought up at all, since mine HAD a sticker) "..and they also DO NOT put stickers on their products, I know because i've sold many for years." So... what would you take from all of that? He clearly doesn't know what he's talking about after mentioning the sticker thing, not just being arrogant about it, and I don't want to just let a counterfeit blow over and not expose it, especially since returning would mean at the very least another bloody month to get back to square one, thanks to someone I can only seem to see as cheat. I found that one picture alike mine on ebay as well, but that's no surprise really as most of the list of a pricey pvc figure will be counterfeits, rather than one here & there. Griffon & all it's affiliate sites that had product lists & pictures from the past all only had the one box, if a box picture at all, and.. this is just speculation on my part, but wouldn't it be a bit.. possibly very problematic to a company releasing the same popular/expensive item with slight detail changes that are clear to see, yet so similar you wouldn't notice unless you had seen both/had them side by side? I can't seem to get my head around them making a choice like that, without a complete or at least colour/theme remodel, and absolutely at the bare minimum, a "V2," or something/the year? the front of the box of the one I've got has 2 dates, both 2006 sometime, and that's the only date visible on both boxes, and in any pictures that has always been the same..

Jesus, I just wrote A LOT of shit, my apologies to anyone bothering to suffer through, but things like this get to me endlessly until I've got it sorted. Though I doubt there's going to be more than a few people finding & purchasing the same 'version' of the figure I have, I wish that any of this helps before you regret it & turn into a forum ragebook writing machine! One is already far too bloody much.

Thanks so much for the reply, I'll be able to keep hoping for the slim best for a while longer, at least.
Updated 3 years ago #1923010

lovehinaotaku
Regular Boarder

lovehinaotaku

Online No
Level 7
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 4
Location British C...

3 years ago
Apologies for the double post, but, update & information for everyone shopping on Amazon:
AKToyCollectibles is NOT to be trusted- my Mikuru Gothic Punk ver. is in fact a face, I filed a claim with amazon against the seller with the information about it being counterfeit, and after a couple days the verdict was to fully refund me, without sending the item back. So, I decided to take the figure out to check out the quality. At first, it appeared quite nice, but it did not have any smell whatsoever, as you are all familiar with, PVC resin/paint smell upon opening the box or... smelling the figure( :3 ). Anyway. The figure was not PVC, it was VERY stiff, nothing would bend or move whatsoever. The clothing that hangs down the bottom of her dress/skirt is very, very brittle. I placed her into her stand, which obviously was not made to fit the figure properly. I had to do this extremely carefully & slowly, but finally got it in place. She looks pretty good, fingernails painted well, and paintjob overall seems nice.. until I saw the back of her right leg. Roughly a half cm scratch, or pencil-gray scratch clearly visible across the back of her thigh. When it was time to put her back in the box & take her off the stand, I realized it was gonna be even more delicate pulling her off.. I shimmied her back and forth ever so gently, one foot started coming loose, then suddenly - *CRACK* and off she came... with the bottom/sole of her boot, in one full piece(none of the plastic was broken, but the entire bottom piece of her boot came off, still pressed down onto the stand.. the adhesive holding it together must have been of terrible quality. I pulled it off, superglued it back on from the inside of her boot. Please, anybody that can, leave a negative review on AKToyCollectibles Amazon.com account, because he floods it with positive, generic feedback to keep him going- amazon found me in the right, but he is still selling figures, all of which are FAKE.

-DO NOT BUY FROM AKToyCollectibles / ANIME KING - Amazon.com-

Kouichirou
Regular Boarder

Kouichirou

Online No
Level 8
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 1
Location United St...

3 years ago
lovehinaotaku (3 years ago) #1934015Apologies for the double post, but, update & information for everyone shopping on Amazon:
AKToyCollectibles is NOT to be trusted- my Mikuru Gothic Punk ver. is in fact a face, I filed a claim with amazon against the seller with the information about it being counterfeit, and after a couple days the verdict was to fully refund me, without sending the item back. So, I decided to take the figure out to check out the quality. At first, it appeared quite nice, but it did not have any smell whatsoever, as you are all familiar with, PVC resin/paint smell upon opening the box or... smelling the figure( :3 ). Anyway. The figure was not PVC, it was VERY stiff, nothing would bend or move whatsoever. The clothing that hangs down the bottom of her dress/skirt is very, very brittle. I placed her into her stand, which obviously was not made to fit the figure properly. I had to do this extremely carefully & slowly, but finally got it in place. She looks pretty good, fingernails painted well, and paintjob overall seems nice.. until I saw the back of her right leg. Roughly a half cm scratch, or pencil-gray scratch clearly visible across the back of her thigh. When it was time to put her back in the box & take her off the stand, I realized it was gonna be even more delicate pulling her off.. I shimmied her back and forth ever so gently, one foot started coming loose, then suddenly - *CRACK* and off she came... with the bottom/sole of her boot, in one full piece(none of the plastic was broken, but the entire bottom piece of her boot came off, still pressed down onto the stand.. the adhesive holding it together must have been of terrible quality. I pulled it off, superglued it back on from the inside of her boot. Please, anybody that can, leave a negative review on AKToyCollectibles Amazon.com account, because he floods it with positive, generic feedback to keep him going- amazon found me in the right, but he is still selling figures, all of which are FAKE.

-DO NOT BUY FROM AKToyCollectibles / ANIME KING - Amazon.com-

I've bought from AKToyCollectibles and what I got was legit. It was item #109858. I don't know if I just got REALLY lucky with him or if you just got REALLy unlucky with yours. :s

lovehinaotaku
Regular Boarder

lovehinaotaku

Online No
Level 7
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 4
Location British C...

3 years ago
Kouichirou (3 years ago) #1943637

I've bought from AKToyCollectibles and what I got was legit. It was item #109858. I don't know if I just got REALLY lucky with him or if you just got REALLy unlucky with yours. :s

Are you absolutely, 110% sure it's legit? Hell, mine even came with a holographic sticker that matched the official one, the figure was -almost- perfect as far as workmanship/color, and the plastic packaging inside the box/wrapped round the figure was also done just as the official one looks. Had it not been for the obvious differences, or had been a month earlier when I didn't realize counterfeit PVC's on amazon were a common thing, I would have missed it completely. But my figure isn't even made of the same material, or colored in the same way. It's correct in its' colouring, but not painted, sort of how cheap plastic action figures are coloured. If the box had been made to look alike the original, which, I'm gobsmacked as to why it's so dramatically different in illustration rather than quality, then I wouldn't have looked into it, at least not much later on when I tried to put it on/take it off the stand to have it break.
Skim through his feedback. I wish you could all see the now 13 replies of his to my questioning him. He won't even acknowledge all of 100+ feedback comments of people saying their product was broken/broke easily as mine did upon coming out of the package(when the package seemed or even was legitimate) and even more than that of people saying their product had been opened & resealed, with a switched cheap figure like mine, that looks legitimate, but the pvc smell & the feel of it are clearly off. His figures, according to feedback, are like mine- VERY stiff and brittle, & parts simply snap apart at any seams where they would have otherwise been properly factory sealed together, due to cheap adhesive(as mine did) with even more evidence inside of it being fake, the sole of her boot that came off should have been entirely coloured, but the paint was only sprayed over the outside.
The seller knows nothing about his products, he claims.. so DO NOT buy from him, he doesn't sell legitimate items, he cannot even provide any proof as to what he's selling being official, and even refused to send pictures aside from the manufacturer's, and refused to send a single picture of the box, even the manufacturer's, nevermind his own knock-off that he sent me..
Bottom line is: He knows nothing.. no, He knows. He feigns ignorance to everything, refuses to give any information about any product and will simply ask you to "trust" him, and to refer to his feedback. Seriously, read his feedback. You'll very, very quickly find after skimming quickly through the generic 5-word 5/5 star ratings, that the only in-depth, satisfied-order comments are,(I'm talking 50+ I found just skimming), 4/5 stars because "..at least he refunded my money., ..wrong item, but refunded after some time.." etc., etc.. After the conversations with him alone even without the feedback, do not buy. He gets his products from Hong Kong, and sells from the US. His name is Winsum Leoung. If I'd been able to figure that out before, no way I'd ever risk anything from Hong Kong, or even the states.
From what I've read from others dealing with him & my own experience, they are very well faked, pretty much everything is close-to, or just a liittle bit off, and wouldn't be noticed by anyone whom only owned a single figure.

PM me about the item you ordered, if you would? I'm quite curious to see more of his fraudulent sales.

gamergibbons
Regular Boarder

gamergibbons

Online No
Level 16
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 7
Location Land O La...

3 years ago
daabeai (4 years ago) #1436207Does anybody have any experience with "Robert's Anime Corner" on Amazon? I'm thinking of purchasing a Gumi Megpoid nendoroid from there.

EDIT: It doesn't have any reviews, either, so I'm kind of wary about purchasing it. :/

I brought Two Toko-Toko Tachikomas from them, they are legit. Very good service on their storefront too : 3

Muntoe
Lover of cacti ♡꒰*・ω・人・ω・*꒱♡

Muntoe

Online No
Level 45
Joined 8 years ago
Post(s) 2970
Location United St...

3 years ago
gamergibbonsI brought Two Toko-Toko Tachikomas from them, they are legit. Very good service on their storefront too : 3Just so you know that comment was posted almost a year ago and was already answered so it's good to check the posted dates ^^; Thanks for bumping the thread though!

« Prev   1 2 3   Next »

Top ↑

Join the club to join the discussion.