Tsuki City Pokemon GymTsuki City Pokemon GymA club for fans of Pokemon & the figures and toys related to it.

Overall, do you like the new Pokemon?

• 41.67%
    Yes
  • 41.67%
    No
  • 16.67%
    Can't decide

12 votes

x-yuki-x
Regular Boarder

x-yuki-x

Online No
Level 6
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 31

3 years ago
All of the 156 new Pokemon have been revealed for the Black and White versions. Which are your favorites and which don't you like? If you haven't seen them yet, you can find them here.

My Favorites:

Victini
Erufuun
Purotoga
Zorua
Emonga
Lamplar
Reshiram
Zekrom

I like the Deer and it's evolution too, but I hate it's type. Grass/Normal? Way to give the grass type even more weaknesses.

My Least Favorites:

Gothilselle(Emo tower thing bleh)
Gearl
Dasutodasu (it looks like something a 5 yr old made in art class or something a dog threw up)
Zuruzukin (Really GF? Really? This is the best design you could come up with?)
Dotetsukotsu
Morobareru
Otamaro(I don't know why but this one just fills me with rage)
Updated 3 years ago #272512

TSOH
Regular Boarder

TSOH

Online No
Level 12
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 126
Location United St...

3 years ago
Which ones fill me with rage? all of them! with the exception of the black/white legendary. the rest just look like cut and paste of pokemon that have been seen before =( i think i might skip out on this game...and why no new eevee evolutions?

SaberCattleya
Regular Boarder

SaberCattleya

Online No
Level 8
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 79
Location USA

3 years ago
Ripped sprites: (ext link)

Aside from a small handfull I find most of them butt ugly! I've been playing Pokemon since I was 10 and this is the first time I'm not crazy excited about a new game...Probably won't get the game at all even.

No Eevee evolutions = Rage quit
http://a.imageshack.us/img837/7548/splitboxesbanner03.jpg

bethykins
Regular Boarder

bethykins

Online No
Level 17
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 961
Location Southampt...

3 years ago
SaberCattleya

No Eevee evolutions = Rage quit

i second this! i hate pokemon if they're not adorable, but i'll still get the game<3
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/teiris629/Erio.gif

x-yuki-x
Regular Boarder

x-yuki-x

Online No
Level 6
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 31

3 years ago
Yeah, the lack of new Eevee evolutions pisses me off too. Even the ones I like are kind of meh(aside from Reshiram, Zekrom, and Victini).

I don't even like the new trainer designs. This is the first time I've ever disliked the female trainer's look... that Bidoof hair. Bleh. Why couldn't they just give us Iris's design? She's much cuter.
Updated 3 years ago #273099

mangasus90
Very Important Boarder

mangasus90

Online No
Level 21
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 819
Location Viet Nam-...

3 years ago
i dont think the pokemon database should expand more then after the Ruby version =__=... every pokemon just so weird especially these B&W ver 0__0.....
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp273/dn-sonnu/46210247ce6d4ec96fe.gif

Nash
Regular Boarder

Nash

Online No
Level 15
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 268

3 years ago
I've quite warmed up to a good number of them, but probably won't make much a difference until I have the English release in my hands and give it a fair amount of play time.

bethykins
Regular Boarder

bethykins

Online No
Level 17
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 961
Location Southampt...

3 years ago
that bloody ice cream pokemon fills me with rage! what we're they thinking?!?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/teiris629/Erio.gif

kilani
Sayaka Rank
Administrator + Puella Magi

kilani

Online No
Level 36
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 5334
Location United St...

3 years ago
I'm the only one that voted yes haha :<

Sprites aside this is the best pokemon game though, everything was made so much better. The towns are so lovely :D Playing the ROM.
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-N8qnyiXA8bQ/T5j5J8_2h5I/AAAAAAAACOo/GkYMx2PBlrE/s365/hanekawa_01_websnap16p.gifhttps://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-6wUxtdQRF7s/T6XnI1JllMI/AAAAAAAACRU/8z9j-nQXegs/s400/hanekawa_02d.gifhttps://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-Ek8D9dEqt_4/T5mFnKWLOtI/AAAAAAAACPQ/l02cExv9aHc/s150/hanekawa_03.gif

Nash
Regular Boarder

Nash

Online No
Level 15
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 268

3 years ago
Guess they were aiming for the same kind of feel with Diglett and Magnemite lines when they came up with Klink and that ice cream lookalike LOL.

With localised names slowly being revealed, I'm now taking a closer look at these guys.

- Starters: I like Tepig's design the best, but Snivy's entire line is the most wholesome. But, more than that, Futachimaru is probably my fav mid-level starter ever.

- Grass types have some very adorable ones as well this time. It's like Hoppip all over again.

- Zorua is this gen's Riolu, so that's an auto.

- Minccino line

- Gothimu line... looks like they might need a Gallade equivalent to join them along the line somewhere. XD

- I wish Shikijika's seasonal forms are as differentiated as the evolved form, but guess you can't have everything.

- Emonga, is this gen's Pikachu equivalent obviously

- The electric bug unevolved form... same with the ice cream, and the candle... the fire bug, too.

- Kibago, Kumashun, the two-stage fighting type...

- Mononozu or whatever the dark dragon is supposed to be. Seems to have adorable earlier forms that end up with Dragonite-like WTH final stage

- I look forward to the musketeer quartet <3

- The electric legendary trio is just as bad as those lake trio from DPPt, which I figured was just this gen's equivalent of the birds/beasts/Regis.

- Quite indifferent about Zekrom and Reshiram. Can't wait to see if Kyurem has an alternate third-game form, a la Giratina.

Speaking of the third game, I wonder if they would even have it for the DS, considering how close we are to 3DS. Hope they have new additions beyond these ones in the third game too, like how Platinum was blessed with an extended 'Dex.

As for Eevee, I suppose this gen is rather closer to Hoenn. It just screams an attempt to restart the franchise again (albeit arguably a better one), what's with a lineup that's entirely unrelated to past 'mons.

Guess this was kinda tl;dr... eek.

Celtic7Guardian
Regular Boarder

Celtic7Guardian

Online No
Level 24
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 2176
Location United St...

3 years ago
Guys, as someone who loves every single Eevee/Eeveelution out there and uses teams with just them... keep in mind that Black and White's main Pokedex is intended to be ALONE in the playthrough. At least, that's what I was told. There are no evolutions of old Pokemon because that would require catching said older Pokemon and thus interrupting the all-new Pokedex. ...Which is a good idea in theory but having that buffalo and heart-fish thing NOT be evolutions of Tauros/Luvdisc is WTH material.

Pokemon that I really like:
*Water evolution's final stage. AWESOME.
*That little Scottish terrier look-alike is adorable. =3
*The new cat's final stage looks so cool. And it's Dark! Not a normal type cat!
*The zebra is radical and I am happy a zebra was finally made!
*Zorua is adorable. Zorark is cool. Lucario-clone or not, I definitely enjoy them.
*CHINCHILLA. =3 =3 =3
*My very favorite from this game is the deer and its evolution. The deer looks adorable, and its evolution is awesome. And it has four different looks! He is so going on my team.
*That insect that looks like a knight is really cool.
*A weasel that can use High Jump Kick? How is that not awesome?
*Pokemon that looks like Blues/Protoman? Okay I can't not love that.
*That eagle may be one of my favorite flying types ever.
*Loving the legendary trio that are fighting types.
*I want to cuddle with that little pony legendary. =3

Pokemon I like well enough:
*Grass starter's final stage is nice, I'd pick it if the water one didn't look so sweet.
*That rock/crystal guy's pretty neat.
*The mole looks cool. He's pretty overpowered from the looks of it, but he LOOKS cool.
*The goat/cotton thing is cute.
*The rock crab's first form is d'aw worthy. Its second looks okay.
*The coffin is nice, works well with Spiritomb.
*The turtle looks different enough from Blastoise to get my stamp of approval. (Torterra is on a whole different plane from them in terms of typing, looks, etc.)
*A swan, sweet.
*That electric tarantula's first form is soooo fuzzy. ^_^
*That chandelier ghost is really cool looking.
*Ninja bug? Sign me up. ...Yes I know Ninjask exists but this guy is so much cooler.
*The dragon legendary duo is definitely awesome.
*I like that voice/step form legendary.

Pokemon I am exasperated with:
*Hey Gamefreak, how about a Fire starter that is... oh I dunno... NOT PART FIGHTING. WOULDN'T THAT BE NICE? >=(
*WHY would you make a PIDGEON when we have PIDGEY. The design is fine but that whole idea makes my head ingrain itself in my desk.
*I might wind up liking them, but a psedo-Gardevoir line? Really?
*Flying squirrels? Cool. Giving them Pikachu cheeks? Screw off. That's what drove me bonkers about Pachirisu and it's not helping now.
*Luvdisc is hated. Their response? Make another heart-shaped Pokemon that's a fish! YAY.
*So you know how just about nobody cares about Dunsparce? Why not make a Derpfish to appeal to all those people? ...Oh wait.
*You put a buffalo in the game and it isn't an evolution for Tauros? What is your problem?!

Pokemon I hate:
*That guy with two pillars. Get outta here!
*That stupid wart-covered frog/toad thing. Politoad/Toxicroak trump it in every way.
*That rooster/punk dude with the stupid expression. What is the point of that thing.
*That pile of GARBAGE. Dude, Muk worked, this doesn't.
*NO. NO. NO. YOU DID NOT MAKE A POKEMON THAT IS AN ICE CREAM CONE. WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT. THAT IS THE WORST THING EVER.

...Actually overall it's looking like a lot more positives for me than negatives. Yay. =3 Approval overall!

Nash
Regular Boarder

Nash

Online No
Level 15
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 268

3 years ago
Celtic7GuardianWhich is a good idea in theory but having that buffalo and heart-fish thing NOT be evolutions of Tauros/Luvdisc is WTH material.
This. So this.

Top ↑

Join the club to join the discussion.