The Yaoi and Shounen ai clubThe Yaoi and Shounen ai clubFor those who like bishies on bishies~

Flaunt it?

• 30.43%
    Yes
  • 21.74%
    No
  • 47.83%
    ...a little >////>;;

46 votes

ShinigamiMaid
Regular Boarder

ShinigamiMaid

Online No
Level 11
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 75
Location Suffolk,U...

2 years ago
gone for a little

as i used to hide it
it was either behind other manga or under my bed
recently moved all stuff around and their on 2 top shelfs
out of direct line of sight

Taralen
Sinbad Hoarder
Regular Boarder

Taralen

Online Yes
Level 21
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 295
Location United St...

2 years ago
I actually don't like reading yaoi/homosexual erotica much unless there are no pictures.
There are way too many yaois with horrible art and it does nothing but annoy me. I also like writing it.
But I'm not secret about it. I picked "Yes" to the poll but I don't necessarily go "I LOVE MAN ON MAN". I just don't hide that I do.
Taralen

SierraNHaynes
Regular Boarder

SierraNHaynes

Online No
Level 19
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 1534
Location USA

2 years ago
Not many people know, but not many people ask, so it's one of the gray areas of my life that escape sight. My mom knows of the level of shonen ai, but I think she would be a little shocked if she read my junjou romantica series XD

I can't express my fascination with Yaoi in public though, mostly because I have to keep an appearance of professionalism at the campus at all times. There is room for being cheerful and goofing off a bit, but I doubt anyone would like it if I went on a Yaoi love parade right through the middle of campus XD;;

crophecy
Regular Boarder

crophecy

Online No
Level 17
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 1938
Location Philippin...

2 years ago
I prefer shounen ai rather than yaoi actually, coz those have better stories in general. But some yaoi have good stories too. (Basically I'm cool with anything as long as it has a good story and not just about sex.)

I don't really hide those things coz 99% of people I know don't even know stuff like this exist. So when they see a gay looking manga they don't immediately think "oh there's sex in there *judge/criticize*". They just think the cover is gay, anime is gay, and that's about it.

I also keep my fandom on a low (not just about BL, but also about anime in general) because people who arent into it don't need to know about it. It's not that I hide it, coz if people ask I wouldnt deny that I'm an anime fan. I talk about it openly to people who are also fans or who know I like anime, but other than that, I don't ever bring it up. I don't want to be like those fanpeople who talk about anime nonstop. Like in a conversation, every sentence there's a reference to some anime or manga. I mean, I have a life other than that too.

I do bring up supporting gay rights though, but that has not much to do with yaoi and more to do with IRL social issues.
http://i324.photobucket.com/albums/k323/crophecy/kotetsubunnies.jpg
FORSALE
FIGURES: [ List ] SPARE PARTS: [ Nendoroid ] [ Figma ]

Jofuu
〜Q☆N*・♪
Very Important Boarder

Jofuu

Online No
Level 31
Joined 5 years ago
Post(s) 208
Location Los Angel...

2 years ago
for the most part I keep it to myself, but just recently I found out that my friend (female) was into it, too. we don't talk about it much in person but we'll share fanart and doujinshis over email lol my two gay friends know I'm into it and they love it haha

sakunia
Regular Boarder

sakunia

Online No
Level 8
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 27

2 years ago
I used to hide it a loooong lonnng time ago but I still got caught anyway lol
I'm not ashamed to admit I love yaoi/shounen ai

the type of pictures I have on my wall don't help either ahehe

though.. shota is another story ._.

oh-keisuke
Alliance Officer❤
Very Important Boarder

oh-keisuke

Online No
Level 19
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 124
Location United St...

2 years ago
I dont hide it, but I also wouldnt say I necessarily flaunt it either. I just treat it the same as any of my other interests such as video games or other shows. I have some things here and there like pictures and books in my room, but no one in my life pays it any mind.

Joichi
Regular Boarder

Joichi

Online No
Level 19
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 1774
Location Canada, T...

2 years ago
I'm kinda in the closet about it... once in a while I rather love my privacy and I dunno, maybe I'm sensitive to people judging me; especially since BL fangirls are having a negative connection to anime-with-BOYS.. and think they are all just senseless lunatics (which I try to explain that not all are like that) but I end up getting really pissed at people who don't respect them at all.. and hence it end up with me just keeping it to myself.

Like sometimes I can't help feeling half ashamed but half-glad that I am a BL fan and I feel I'm more open-minded in that sense. EX: No matter what, I would always LOVE Hetalia, (but now it's bashed as that 'immature show with retard fangirls') but I have my reasons + admire Himuruya for making this out of fun/never profit..

I also prefer Shonen-ai (light) romantic stories more than Yaoi, because like some; I'm more attached to an emotional natural relationship than just abusive/one-night slugging/gang-bang stories X_x (Hence i love the chemistry between characters like Nezumi x Shion <3)
Click on any banner below to visit :)
http://imageshack.us/a/img43/1724/assortpartsbanner.jpg |
Updated 2 years ago #704100

KiraYamato44
凛 X 遙☆〜シャークベイート☆〜
Regular Boarder

KiraYamato44

Online No
Level 20
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 5
Location イワトビプール

2 years ago
I don't hide it. All my friends know about my BL love they call me Yaoi-Dono. XD If you come into my office and the first you'll see is my BexBoy,BexBoy Gold magazines, and mangas on the bookshelves. Even my mom knows about my Bl love and she doesn't say anything. She actually watched Gravitation with me.

What I find amazing is the fact that I always have on me some kind of BL trinket on me and people will approach me and we'll talk BL.
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・
今度は僕が見せてやる
見たことのない景色を
Updated 2 years ago #714419

banoni
Regular Boarder

banoni

Online No
Level 7
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 1
Location Philippin...

2 years ago
I've never hidden the fact that I read and adore BL. All of my friends know of my obsession. Some of the guys get disgusted a bit but they tolerate it.

The only person I need to hide my collection from is my mother, I think. But she sees all the manga, she just doesn't bother opening them and seeing their contents. *phew*

Sasunarufan13
Regular Boarder

Sasunarufan13

Online No
Level 10
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 1
Location Lost in m...

1 year ago
My friends (well the people I actually take the time for to hang out with or talk to) and family know of my yaoi obsession :) Some of my friends are yaoi lovers and with some people I became friends because they saw me reading yaoi LOL
I'm not ashamed either to read yaoi everywhere; I read it on the train, in the car, in the living room, before class starts (sometimes during it too) ...
Only if the cover is really explicit then I tend to put the cover on my lap when I'm on the train because the weird looks from the other passengers annoy me ^^;

Miho-Touko
Regular Boarder

Miho-Touko

Online No
Level 7
Joined 1 year ago
Post(s) 7
Location Germany

1 year ago
Almost everyone who knows me a bit better also knows about my love for Yaoi.
I don't mind people knowing about it. I don't think a real friend would dislike you because of one's obsessions

Cloudedmind
Regular Boarder

Cloudedmind

Online No
Level 16
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 99
Location Californi...

1 year ago
Online I flaunt it, irl I hide, but out of practicality and not embarrassment. I'm currently living at home and my parents would not approve, at all, so best not to even go there right now.

S1257
Regular Boarder

S1257

Online No
Level 12
Joined 11 months ago
Post(s) 23
Location United St...

11 months ago
My family know I like it. My friends aren't really into anime or vn, but they do know I like men.

« Prev   1 2   Next »

Top ↑

Join the club to join the discussion.