Take care of your figures!Take care of your figures!Learn how to take care of your collection with your mates!

SB-129
Regular Boarder

SB-129

Online No
Level 10
Joined 5 years ago
Post(s) 20

4 months ago
I got this doll in the mail today:
item #10559

One her her hair ribbons was loose off of her braid, and when I tried to tighten it back on, the bow came completely undone, as well as pulling several hairs loose from the band holding the braid together.

I'm not kidding: I'm on the verge of tears. I have zero experience tying bows, I'm physically clumsy, and the ribbon is about four inches long and permanently crumpled from years of being tied in a bow. I need some serious help. I don't want to destroy her braid any more than I already have.
Updated 4 months ago #23451522

kyoshinhei
Regular Boarder

kyoshinhei

Online No
Level 12
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 44
Location France

4 months ago
You could make a stop to your local haberdashery, buy some small ribbons and practice on that until you feel comfortable enough to attempt the fix on your figure. To restore the braid you could similarly get yourself a cheap toy (like a My Little Pony) and train on that.

It'll probably be difficult to re-do the braid exactly the same as the other other one so you might want to considered re-doing both braids so that they match.

hikaridranz
Very Important Boarder

hikaridranz

Online No
Level 25
Joined 5 years ago
Post(s) 566
Location Singapore

4 months ago
try using tweezers to tie the bow?

debinoresu
Regular Boarder

debinoresu

Online No
Level 14
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 112
Location Owasso, O...

3 months ago
you can either look up videos and attempt to tie it using some tools (i;e tweezers like hikaridranz recommended) or you could potentially try taking her to a tailor/seamstress and seeing if they could tie the little ribbon for you. you might be charged a little bit but this seems really important to you. a tailor might know how to tie a tiny ribbon pretty easily.

Top ↑

Join the club to join the discussion.