ratsmah
Regular Boarder

ratsmah

Online No
Level 6
Joined 1 year ago
Post(s) 2

2 months ago
wewe (2 months ago) #26686437Nippon-Yassan's autumn sale starts within 8 hours, I'll probably be asleep and miss out though so I do wonder what's in store given the month early notice.

After experiencing hobbysearch going down from 50% discount to 33% and hlj giving points instead of discount i found this nippon-yasan sale to be amazing.
I came in looking for Rou Chenfa from Goodsmile(sadly not on sale) but instead bought two figues that weren't on my radar just because the price was so juicy.
Some things that caught my eye were harbour princess from wonderful hobby select for 19k, the christmas set with selvaria and juliana for 14 and de la fille for just 6k.

What i really like about nippon-yasan is that you can choose transi-logistic shipping for heavy products or multiple figures and instead of paying for the weight you pay a super low flat rate price. On 5kg that can make a difference of 5000 yen or more.
Updated 2 months ago #26697817

tshinami
Regular Boarder

tshinami

Online No
Level 4
Joined 6 months ago
Post(s) 1
Location Brooklyn,...

2 months ago
agcpictures (2 months ago) #26697536wewe (2 months ago) #26686437Nippon-Yassan's autumn sale starts within 8 hours, I'll probably be asleep and miss out though so I do wonder what's in store given the month early notice.
Site crashes and frustration... just like last time, lol.

Yep...I'm about to give up on them. I only manage to see 3 pages before the site crashes. Since this is my first attempt to buy from them, I think I'll pass. I've done enough research to persuade myself to not test my luck with them. XD
Updated 2 months ago #26698325

chapters0
Regular Boarder

chapters0

Online No
Level 18
Joined 7 years ago
Post(s) 2043
Location Canada

2 months ago
Missed out the madoka figure for ~5k :(

agcpictures
Regular Boarder

agcpictures

Online No
Level 18
Joined 8 years ago
Post(s) 184
Location United St...

2 months ago
tshinami (2 months ago) #26698325agcpictures (2 months ago) #26697536wewe (2 months ago) #26686437Nippon-Yassan's autumn sale starts within 8 hours, I'll probably be asleep and miss out though so I do wonder what's in store given the month early notice.
Site crashes and frustration... just like last time, lol.

Yep...I'm about to give up on them. I only manage to see 3 pages before the site crashes. Since this is my first attempt to buy from them, I think I'll pass. I've done enough research to persuade myself to not test my luck with them. XD

Website eventually recovered (I think people just gave up since it was the middle of the night in Japan) but was disappointed that some items on sale last time that "sold out" weren't on sale this time. Was tempted by a few things but it was such a bad experience that I ultimately passed. I'll just stick to the usual suspects for now. At least their sites don't crash, lol.
Treasures untold in my Sales List 1 and Sales List 2!
http://thatjustfigures.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/jxa-online-bizcd-11-rgb_resize_40pct.jpghttp://thatjustfigures.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/jxa-online-bizcd-08-rgb_resize_40pct.jpg

wewe
Regular Boarder

wewe

Online Yes
Level 15
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 86
Location USA

2 months ago
Vocaloid items now with 50% cash back (including POs) on TOM! (cannot use points when ordering)
KonoSuba is 20% (points ok)
Idolm@ster is 15% (points ok)

Can anyone in Asia/EU check if the miku dollfie is included? (ahahaha...)
Updated 2 months ago #27204644

MugenTenshinFRD
Regular Boarder

MugenTenshinFRD

Online No
Level 19
Joined 5 years ago
Post(s) 14

2 months ago
wewe (2 months ago) #27204644Vocaloid items now with 50% cash back (including POs) on TOM! (cannot use points when ordering)

It doesn't show the cashback on all items for me.
I checked the Dollfie Dream Hatsune Miku for you and it had 51% cashback ($387.58), unfortunately I have to tell you that it's sold out already. I'm not sure if they plan in restocking, knowing TOM I think they won't.

R_Kasahara
( =₃=)*
Very Important Boarder

R_Kasahara

Online No
Level 26
Joined 9 years ago
Post(s) 1824
Location Bay Area,...

2 months ago
wewe (2 months ago) #27204644Vocaloid items now with 50% cash back (including POs) on TOM! (cannot use points when ordering)

That's... kind of nuts. I've never ordered from TOM before, but have seen some speculating in their shop thread that they might be the next US-based shop to go under.

There are a couple of Miku figures I'd love to pick up with that deal, but they're both preorders and I'm not sure I want to risk it.

naikousei
no Tabi ❤️
Regular Boarder

naikousei

Online No
Level 11
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 60
Location United St...

2 months ago
R_Kasahara (2 months ago) #27223758wewe (2 months ago) #27204644Vocaloid items now with 50% cash back (including POs) on TOM! (cannot use points when ordering)

That's... kind of nuts. I've never ordered from TOM before, but have seen some speculating in their shop thread that they might be the next US-based shop to go under.

There are a couple of Miku figures I'd love to pick up with that deal, but they're both preorders and I'm not sure I want to risk it.

TOM is a HUGE company with tons of connections. AI, etc have been more like mom & pop shops, imo.

I don't think there's anything to worry about with them. I've ordered a small fortune worth from TOM, have a small fortune on order. You should be totally fine.
I was born for this.

R_Kasahara
( =₃=)*
Very Important Boarder

R_Kasahara

Online No
Level 26
Joined 9 years ago
Post(s) 1824
Location Bay Area,...

2 months ago
naikousei (2 months ago) #27225683TOM is a HUGE company with tons of connections. AI, etc have been more like mom & pop shops, imo.

I don't think there's anything to worry about with them. I've ordered a small fortune worth from TOM, have a small fortune on order. You should be totally fine.

Well, it just sounds too good to be true...

How soon are TOM points applied to one's account after a preorder has been placed? If it's immediate (or close to it), that may push me to order.
Updated 2 months ago #27230302

Daisicle
Regular Boarder

Daisicle

Online No
Level 9
Joined 1 year ago
Post(s) 4
Location San Franc...

2 months ago
R_Kasahara (2 months ago) #27230302naikousei (2 months ago) #27225683TOM is a HUGE company with tons of connections. AI, etc have been more like mom & pop shops, imo.

How soon are TOM points applied to one's account after a preorder has been placed? If it's immediate (or close to it), that may push me to order.

it's immediate after paying, so immediately. During a different sale, I used my points to order 1 fig and then used the points from that fig to get a second one like 10min later.

Frankly, if I had a bit more money and a free shipping coupon, that Racing Miku 2015 would be in the mail rn

R_Kasahara
( =₃=)*
Very Important Boarder

R_Kasahara

Online No
Level 26
Joined 9 years ago
Post(s) 1824
Location Bay Area,...

1 month ago
Daisicle (2 months ago) #27230306it's immediate after paying, so immediately. During a different sale, I used my points to order 1 fig and then used the points from that fig to get a second one like 10min later.

Frankly, if I had a bit more money and a free shipping coupon, that Racing Miku 2015 would be in the mail rn

Thanks for the info. Made an account, ordered the 2016 Racing Miku TeamUKYO figma and the Deep Sea Girl scale... then went back and ordered some non-Vocaloid figma with those points. My wallet hurts, but hopefully it'll be worth it ;P
Updated 1 month ago #27230358

chapters0
Regular Boarder

chapters0

Online No
Level 18
Joined 7 years ago
Post(s) 2043
Location Canada

1 month ago
Can someone explain how their cash back works? so if i buy something, they will refund back to my paypal after x days?

wewe
Regular Boarder

wewe

Online Yes
Level 15
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 86
Location USA

1 month ago
chapters0 (1 month ago) #27230480Can someone explain how their cash back works? so if i buy something, they will refund back to my paypal after x days?

Buy a product, gets a percentage of cash back in TOM points. Point are redeemed 1:1 and can be used immediately after placing the order. Points (as a whole) expire in 6 months without activity/purchase, but there's always promos that adds $1 in points and resets the expiration timer.

Regular points back is 1%, pre-orders within 2 weeks of it going on sale is 10-20%. Sometime there's contests, and winner gets loads of % back (like miku atm).

Note that cash back is a % of how much you spent; using points/coupons on an order will reduce cash back, but the % stays the same.

Coupons periodically, discounts periodically, cash back % changes periodically, and they can all stack. +33% off the list price (out of pocket) is doable when the deals are right, and never running out of points for the previous is icing on the cake. :p
Updated 1 month ago #27230726

naikousei
no Tabi ❤️
Regular Boarder

naikousei

Online No
Level 11
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 60
Location United St...

1 month ago
R_Kasahara (2 months ago) #27230302naikousei (2 months ago) #27225683TOM is a HUGE company with tons of connections. AI, etc have been more like mom & pop shops, imo.

I understand! Usually the deals aren't THIS good, but on occasion you'll have a 50x point deal pop up, and yeah, it does seem kinda ridiculous. I've spent more here than I care to admit, and between pre-orders that I've waited over a year for, packaging (it's genuinely the best) etc, I've never had any major complaints. They've never run out of stock or failed to come through on an order.

If you're on the fence, I hope that helps.

I will say that I wouldn't invest a ton into purchases here, and hoard those points you get back, unless you're sure that you don't mind waiting the extra 3 months on average that it takes for them to get products in (vs Japanese sites like AmiAmi), are prepared to pay for EVERYTHING upfront, and know that you'll stick to them as one of your main shops.

If you're okay with all of that, you can get some killer deals.

Oh, and if you purchase from them regularly, I'd say that premium is definitely worth it.
I was born for this.
Updated 1 month ago #27231270

R_Kasahara
( =₃=)*
Very Important Boarder

R_Kasahara

Online No
Level 26
Joined 9 years ago
Post(s) 1824
Location Bay Area,...

1 month ago
naikousei (1 month ago) #27231270(snip)
I ended up placing two orders (see above), but double-checking the math now, I see that I went a little crazy on the second one and altogether, the figures I ordered cost roughly $70 more (before shipping) than I would've paid at Hobby Search, for example.

So, so mad at myself right now >_< It's very likely that the free shipping will make up for most of that, but thanks to this bad karma, I'm not sure I want to shop at TOM again.
Updated 1 month ago #27235105

Daisicle
Regular Boarder

Daisicle

Online No
Level 9
Joined 1 year ago
Post(s) 4
Location San Franc...

1 month ago
R_Kasahara (1 month ago) #27235105naikousei (1 month ago) #27231270(snip)
I ended up placing two orders (see above), but double-checking the math now, I see that I went a little crazy on the second one and altogether, the figures I ordered cost roughly $70 more (before shipping) than I would've paid at Hobby Search, for example.

So, so mad at myself right now >_< It's very likely that the free shipping will make up for most of that, but thanks to this bad karma, I'm not sure I want to shop at TOM again.

Ah yeah, that's how the cookie crumbles. I've only bought a few things from them personally, and only with coupons stacked for days. For example, I got the GSC Shiro for $70 + $20 TOM points incl. shipping. I mostly stick to AmiAmi. But yeah, if you can combo it right, they have some of the best deals I've ever seen.

wewe
Regular Boarder

wewe

Online Yes
Level 15
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 86
Location USA

1 month ago
R_Kasahara (1 month ago) #27235105naikousei (1 month ago) #27231270(snip)

Email and get them to cancel the 2nd order, get those items elsewhere or wait til there's another promotion. Currently there's a 5% invite coupon, as well as a $10 coupon. (Yes, they allow cancellations if you don't abuse the system.) The way to benefit most from TOM is to never use up your points, only using as much as you'll gain, and only order items with promotions attached to them. TOM's list price is the highest at face value, but the lowest with the aforementioned method.

You can translate the cash back % to fixed discounts by using points. (1-1/1.xx = actual discount, with xx being the point multiplier). 10x cash back is roughly 9.09% off; by using points roughly 9.09% of the item price, the 10% in points you get back will equal the amount you put in.

R_Kasahara
( =₃=)*
Very Important Boarder

R_Kasahara

Online No
Level 26
Joined 9 years ago
Post(s) 1824
Location Bay Area,...

1 month ago
wewe (1 month ago) #27235805Email and get them to cancel the 2nd order, get those items elsewhere or wait til there's another promotion. Currently there's a 5% invite coupon, as well as a $10 coupon. (Yes, they allow cancellations if you don't abuse the system.) The way to benefit most from TOM is to never use up your points, only using as much as you'll gain, and only order items with promotions attached to them. TOM's list price is the highest at face value, but the lowest with the aforementioned method.
Thanks for the advice; I'll try emailing them. The FAQ says they don't allow cancellations on preorders, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to give it a shot.

ETA: Cancelled, whew. Just waiting on the refund, now.
Updated 1 month ago #27235850

naikousei
no Tabi ❤️
Regular Boarder

naikousei

Online No
Level 11
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 60
Location United St...

1 month ago
R_Kasahara (1 month ago) #27235850wewe (1 month ago) #27235805Email and get them to cancel the 2nd order, get those items elsewhere or wait til there's another promotion. Currently there's a 5% invite coupon, as well as a $10 coupon. (Yes, they allow cancellations if you don't abuse the system.) The way to benefit most from TOM is to never use up your points, only using as much as you'll gain, and only order items with promotions attached to them. TOM's list price is the highest at face value, but the lowest with the aforementioned method.
Thanks for the advice; I'll try emailing them. The FAQ says they don't allow cancellations on preorders, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to give it a shot.

ETA: Cancelled, whew. Just waiting on the refund, now.

I very politely asked for a refund on the first Harvest Moon Miku order I placed, especially since it was ordered MINUTES before the 50x points special started, and was firmly denied, so I'm not sure what to think. I kind of want to ask about it again, but I don't want to be a jerk about it either! They once cancelled an accidental order for me wherein I had two of the same thing in my bag at checkout and didn't notice, and once when I first signed up and had the same thing happen: ordered something, bam, crazy deal came out minutes later... you get the gist. I definitely wouldn't say I've abused the system. :'C if anything, with the amount I've ordered from them, I should have a small share in the company at this point, lmao.

I guess it's at the representative's whim?

Out of curiosity, which figures did you order, and what was the breakdown at TOM vs HS?
I was born for this.
Updated 1 month ago #27242662

R_Kasahara
( =₃=)*
Very Important Boarder

R_Kasahara

Online No
Level 26
Joined 9 years ago
Post(s) 1824
Location Bay Area,...

1 month ago
naikousei (1 month ago) #27242662I very politely asked for a refund on the first Harvest Moon Miku order I placed, especially since it was ordered MINUTES before the 50x points special started, and was firmly denied, so I'm not sure what to think. I kind of want to ask about it again, but I don't want to be a jerk about it either! They once cancelled an accidental order for me wherein I had two of the same thing in my bag at checkout and didn't notice, and once when I first signed up and had the same thing happen: ordered something, bam, crazy deal came out minutes later... you get the gist. I definitely wouldn't say I've abused the system. :'C if anything, with the amount I've ordered from them, I should have a small share in the company at this point, lmao.

I guess it's at the representative's whim?

Out of curiosity, which figures did you order, and what was the breakdown at TOM vs HS?

I dunno if they were just being kind because I was new to the site or what, but I'll definitely be more careful next time. My main store is HLJ, and I try not to cancel orders whenever possible, but having an easy means to do so there is convenient ^^;

A couple of these items have their reservations closed at Hobby Search; I was mainly trying to get a ballpark estimate with a comparable Japanese shop. First order (for those extra points): item #143923, item #604750; second order: item #287715 (originally ordered with Anime Island), item #396865 (same), item #464609, item #498073, item #498074. I don't feel like doing the math again, but as stated before, for both orders combined, the difference was roughly $70, with TOM being more expensive. That Miku scale is supposed to be very costly to ship from Japan, and as such, I probably would've made up the entire difference with TOM's free shipping, but I also felt I could've made better use of those points.

Most of the figma in the now-cancelled second order are due out within the next few months, so I'll likely wait until after their released and get a couple from TOM so they can be shipped together (and hopefully be able to take advantage of another good deal around then).
Updated 1 month ago #27273450

« Prev   1 84 85 86 87 88 89 90   Next »

Top ↑

Join the club to join the discussion.