Local Shopping GuidesLocal Shopping GuidesPhysical shop listings and recommendations from around the world

R_Kasahara
( =₃=)*
Very Important Boarder

R_Kasahara

Online No
Level 26
Joined 9 years ago
Post(s) 1824
Location Bay Area,...

7 years ago
In this thread, feel free to request store recommendations and/or shopping guides for any place in the world that doesn't already have a thread here. Links to external sites are okay.

Fievel
Regular Boarder

Fievel

Online No
Level 11
Joined 8 years ago
Post(s) 25
Location United St...

7 years ago
I will be visiting Hong Kong soon and I'm looking for shops that sell legit Nendoroid. Thanks.
Updated 7 years ago #233436

prinn
Regular Boarder

prinn

Online No
Level 15
Joined 7 years ago
Post(s) 148
Location Bay Area,...

7 years ago
Hello, I kinda wanted to request San Jose, CA, United States.

I went to San Jose's Japantown a year or two ago, but the only anime store I found was Nikaku Animart...and the store owner looked like he'd like nothing more than to kill me.

EDIT: oh, i was wondering if it was okay to copy and paste the San Francisco shopping guide thread from the Figure Shopping club to over here?
Updated 7 years ago #234160

R_Kasahara
( =₃=)*
Very Important Boarder

R_Kasahara

Online No
Level 26
Joined 9 years ago
Post(s) 1824
Location Bay Area,...

7 years ago
prinn: That's fine with me (and feel free to add more, of course).

prinn
Regular Boarder

prinn

Online No
Level 15
Joined 7 years ago
Post(s) 148
Location Bay Area,...

7 years ago
Thanks! (and thanks for fixing the topic title :) )

And I just remembered Seattle has some very good shops as well, including its own Japantown, some of them a little obscure, such as Pink Godzilla (?). It's been awhile...can't remember :P
Updated 7 years ago #234176

TSOH
Regular Boarder

TSOH

Online No
Level 14
Joined 8 years ago
Post(s) 127
Location United St...

7 years ago
Any good anime stores that sell toy like nendoroids or play arts in Phoenix or Tuscon Arizona?

Muntoe
Lover of cacti ♡꒰*・ω・人・ω・*꒱♡

Muntoe

Online No
Level 45
Joined 8 years ago
Post(s) 2970
Location United St...

7 years ago
TSOHAny good anime stores that sell toy like nendoroids or play arts in Phoenix or Tuscon Arizona?I found a list of comic places all across Phoenix and Tucson, maybe this can help. I would call first though to see if some are still up and running though, as I recall some closed down and I'm not sure how up to date this list is: [ext link ] I used to go to Atomic Comics all the time but I think they're more geared toward Western comics now. I haven't visited Samurai Comics in forever xD

There's also a store in Metrocenter Mall in Phoenix called All 4 Anime that has tons of Play-Arts and they used to sell Nendoroids (they have Fate/Stay Night puchis right now). They do sell some bootlegs, but you can easily pick them out among the legitimate merchandise (it's mostly keychains).

TSOH
Regular Boarder

TSOH

Online No
Level 14
Joined 8 years ago
Post(s) 127
Location United St...

7 years ago
Muntoe, thank you so much!

nendoxnerd
Regular Boarder

nendoxnerd

Online No
Level 13
Joined 8 years ago
Post(s) 317
Location NYC

7 years ago
Some shops around the Chicagoland area please! ^^

Singer_Yuna
All along the Watchtower ♪

Singer_Yuna

Online No
Level 27
Joined 9 years ago
Post(s) 742
Location ♥ Abyss o...

6 years ago
I need info about shops who sell nendoroids and items from abysse corp in Paris city ^^

YamiUsagi
Regular Boarder

YamiUsagi

Online No
Level 21
Joined 7 years ago
Post(s) 16
Location USA, GA

6 years ago
Hi!
Does anyone know of any stores where I can buy figures and or anime merchandise in the Atlanta Georgia area? The only store I know of is Dokimeki Japan in Alpharetta, but i've seen alot of bootlegs there.
Updated 6 years ago #439436

skyesciaran
Regular Boarder

skyesciaran

Online No
Level 9
Joined 6 years ago
Post(s) 60
Location Irvine, C...

6 years ago
In Santa Ana's Main Place mall, there is a place called Simply Kids. They have a bunch of statues and nendoroids available, as well as manga and anime, soundtracks, etc. It's a pretty cool place.

LovelyAthena112
Regular Boarder

LovelyAthena112

Online No
Level 14
Joined 7 years ago
Post(s) 171

6 years ago
Anyone know any stores in USA / Nevada / Las Vegas area? I already go to Tokyo Discount but they don't have a big selection of popular figures. TT.TT

alamarco
Regular Boarder

alamarco

Online No
Level 16
Joined 8 years ago
Post(s) 293
Location Canada

6 years ago
Keep in mind I haven't visited any of these stores, and this thread is from 2009.

[ext link ]

- Morning Glory, on Spring Mountain in China Town
- Dark Tower Comics, at 6300 W Charleston Blvd
- Nakata Market, at Sahara and Durango

Take a look into these stores. See if they're still open, close to where you are, etc.

Hope this helps. :)
http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/alamarco/sign.png

LovelyAthena112
Regular Boarder

LovelyAthena112

Online No
Level 14
Joined 7 years ago
Post(s) 171

6 years ago
Thanks ^^ I'll try Morning Glory. I've never been there before but I pass it many times =)alamarcoKeep in mind I haven't visited any of these stores, and this thread is from 2009.

[ext link ]

- Morning Glory, on Spring Mountain in China Town
- Dark Tower Comics, at 6300 W Charleston Blvd
- Nakata Market, at Sahara and Durango

Take a look into these stores. See if they're still open, close to where you are, etc.

Hope this helps. :)

agcpictures
Regular Boarder

agcpictures

Online No
Level 18
Joined 8 years ago
Post(s) 184
Location United St...

6 years ago
Going to Florida and was wondering if there were any shops in the Orlando or Cape Canaveral areas. Thanks!
Treasures untold in my Sales List 1 and Sales List 2!
http://thatjustfigures.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/jxa-online-bizcd-11-rgb_resize_40pct.jpghttp://thatjustfigures.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/jxa-online-bizcd-08-rgb_resize_40pct.jpg

CSpaz
Regular Boarder

CSpaz

Online No
Level 16
Joined 6 years ago
Post(s) 132
Location Germany

6 years ago
Anyone knows some good "otaku related" stores in London? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

R_Kasahara
( =₃=)*
Very Important Boarder

R_Kasahara

Online No
Level 26
Joined 9 years ago
Post(s) 1824
Location Bay Area,...

6 years ago
CSpazAnyone knows some good "otaku related" stores in London? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Forbidden Planet is worth a look, though they're more of a general comic store chain.

CSpaz
Regular Boarder

CSpaz

Online No
Level 16
Joined 6 years ago
Post(s) 132
Location Germany

6 years ago
I browsed their website a little, looks like they only sell anime dvds and manga, no figures ;_;
I could try asking people here on MFC who live in London.
Updated 6 years ago #558500

Ophexis
Regular Boarder

Ophexis

Online No
Level 13
Joined 6 years ago
Post(s) 4
Location Canada, Q...

6 years ago
Mmm hello people, I hope I'm doing this propertly. xD

I live around the city in Montréal in Canada, is there a store that sells legit anime figures or figmas and anime goods? I know theres the Chinatown but I have big doubts about them being mostly bootlegs. Especially since I've read that alot of tables at Otakuthon (local con) were from chinatown shops and most of them had bootlegs.

Thanks in advance!

« Prev   1 2   Next »

Top ↑

Join the club to join the discussion.