MFC API ClubMFC API ClubFind all help and resources to make your app based on Tsuki API

ahnpan
Regular Boarder

ahnpan

Online No
Level 10
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 2
Location Philippin...

2 months ago
Hello! I'm ahnpan and I'm an iOS/Android native app developer.
I wanna start a native iOS MFC app, an open source project. There's currently an old iOS app but it's very dated already. I wanna make a new version.
I've been looking around the forums and most of the available are all Read only. I checked out the official Android MFC app and there are user features and database access that's not listed in some documentation. Is there more info regarding this?
I really wanna start already since I feel like this is one of those fun projects I can share with others given that I have quite a lot of collector friends.

willyg1982
Regular Boarder

willyg1982

Online No
Level 7
Joined 2 months ago
Post(s) 6
Location Canada

2 months ago
I was wondering the same thing myself for more info on the API docs.

ahnpan
Regular Boarder

ahnpan

Online No
Level 10
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 2
Location Philippin...

2 months ago
willyg1982 (2 months ago) #22970118I was wondering the same thing myself for more info on the API docs.
I glanced at the official android app and it has a lot of functionalities i didnt find in the docs. I hope we can get info on it.

willyg1982
Regular Boarder

willyg1982

Online No
Level 7
Joined 2 months ago
Post(s) 6
Location Canada

2 months ago
ahnpan (2 months ago) #23473379willyg1982 (2 months ago) #22970118I was wondering the same thing myself for more info on the API docs.
I glanced at the official android app and it has a lot of functionalities i didnt find in the docs. I hope we can get info on it.

Yup. That the same thing I did when I found your thread.

K-On
Regular Boarder

K-On

Online No
Level 7
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 3
Location Belgium

1 month ago
willyg1982 (2 months ago) #23494310ahnpan (2 months ago) #23473379willyg1982 (2 months ago) #22970118I was wondering the same thing myself for more info on the API docs.

Yup. That the same thing I did when I found your thread.

API v2 docs can be found here:

(mfc link)

However, there's alot of functionality not working, eg. fetching lists, comments, Picture of the Month, Week, ...

You'll find you'll have to use a mix of both the API v1 and API v2 to get the most out of it API wise.

As for the functionality that seems to not be in the docs: Chances are big that these are just webcontent shown in the app, and are not results fetched from an API. As far as I can see, there's no magic / hidden functions in that app that's not made public, but the exposed API is limited for sure. I wish that they'd update their API so all REST functions could be exposed to developers, but alas..

I've started development of a newer Android app nearly 2 years ago... Maybe this is the right moment to start development again :D
Updated 1 month ago #24098161

willyg1982
Regular Boarder

willyg1982

Online No
Level 7
Joined 2 months ago
Post(s) 6
Location Canada

1 month ago
K-On (1 month ago) #24098161
API v2 docs can be found here:

(mfc link)

However, there's alot of functionality not working, eg. fetching lists, comments, Picture of the Month, Week, ...

You'll find you'll have to use a mix of both the API v1 and API v2 to get the most out of it API wise.

As for the functionality that seems to not be in the docs: Chances are big that these are just webcontent shown in the app, and are not results fetched from an API. As far as I can see, there's no magic / hidden functions in that app that's not made public, but the exposed API is limited for sure. I wish that they'd update their API so all REST functions could be exposed to developers, but alas..

I've started development of a newer Android app nearly 2 years ago... Maybe this is the right moment to start development again :D

Thanks for sharing this details.

I was thinking of connecting the API with an app called Memento Database. Memento Database allows you to create your own database to keep track of items. My goal would be in a search field a person enters a search of the item they own and it will pull on details of that item and store it in the Memento Database.

I will give you an example of one the pre-built database. The Memento video games database allows you to track a game collection. Lets say if you search for Mario 3, after it finds a match it will give you the date when the game released, descriptions, pictures, platform it on, etc which will be saved in game collection. Memento is only for Android though.

darkfader
Regular Boarder

darkfader

Online No
Level 16
Joined 8 years ago
Post(s) 36
Location Netherlan...

1 month ago
I'm still missing fields for my collection; "mycollection" does not even have an order date, owned date etc.
Instead of making a usable API, they focus on making an unusable layout xD
http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/darkfader/sign.png http://files.darkfader.net/anime/files/sign.png
Updated 1 month ago #24609548

Top ↑

Join the club to join the discussion.