Prof. Layton & the curious clubFans of puzzles & mysteries, join Prof. Layton's FC!
The Professor Layton (レイトン教授, Reiton-kyōju?) series is a puzzle video game series for the Nintendo DS and is developed by Nintendo and Level-5. The series currently consists of four games and one film. At least two more games for the Nintendo 3DS and at least one more film are due for 2011/2012.
The series has gone on to be one of the most successful Nintendo DS exclusive series, with the lifetime cumulative sales of Professor Layton games standing at 10 million units sold as of October 2010.
The main character in the games is Professor Hershel Layton, a renowned archaeologist and a well-mannered gentleman. He is called to solve various mysteries in different places.
According to Hino, Layton is partly inspired by the character of Phoenix Wright of the Ace Attorney series, wanting to improve over the "bad points" of Phoenix's character in developing Layton.
Professor Layton is always accompanied by his apprentice Luke Triton, a cheerful and curious boy who brings a touch of humor to the story of Layton.
Each title is based in a series of puzzles and mysteries given by the citizens of towns that the main characters visit.
Source: (ext link)
Related clubs : The nintendo club / Objection ! Ace attorney FC
View allForums (2)
View more // Comments (45)
- 3 years ago
- 1 year ago
View moreMembers (160)
View moreRelated Pictures (601)
View moreRelated Items (316)
- Layton Kyouju to Saigo no Jikan Ryokou - Luke Triton - Prop Plus Petit (B...
- Layton Kyouju to Saigo no Jikan Ryokou - Klaus Albatro - Nazo Toki Strap ...
- Layton Kyouju to Eien no Utahime - Nintendo DSI cover - Brown (Mori game)
- Layton Kyouju to Akuma no Hako - Hershel Layton - Strap (Level-5)
- Layton Kyouju to Eien no Utahime - Remi Altava - Plush Strap (FuRyu)