Etrian Odyssey Fan Club!Etrian Odyssey Fan Club!A club for all those who love the Etrian Odyssey series!

Favorite New Class?

• Swordsman
  • Nightseeker
  • Runemaster
  • Dancer
  • Sniper
  • Fortress
  • Medic
  • Mystic
  • Warrior

0 vote

piratepapillon
Very Important Boarder

piratepapillon

Online No
Level 20
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 429
Location Canada

2 years ago
A place to discuss Etrian Odyssey 4: Legend of the Giant God!
Updated 2 years ago #851339

piratepapillon
Very Important Boarder

piratepapillon

Online No
Level 20
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 429
Location Canada

2 years ago
This conversation never really got started but I'm going to give it a try and nectar it considering some time has passed and a lot more info has come out.

So far a lot of info about Legend of the Giant God has surfaced. We now know all the classes including secrets, seen awesome screenshots with *gasp* animated ennemies, and we know that the entire game will take place riding in a hot air balloon.

First my feelings on the classes: Most seem to be a redone version of the original classes from EO1. This might be a bit stale if it weren't for subclassing being brought into the picture which will really spice things up. Some designs I like better than the old ones, others I don't. Swordsman is cuter than Landsnecht and I might give a try but not sure yet. Fortress is okay but I don't like the design as much as Protector or Hoplite. Runemaster looks so adorable and is the first magic user I might consider taking. Really, her design is miles above Alchemist. Medic is blah and I'll try and take an alternative healer which I suspect will be Dancer. Dancer is gorgeous and blew me away. Dancer will for sure be in my party considering I was always a Troubadour fan. Nightseeker is pretty cool and I like that one looks like my pink haired Darkhunter. Love Sniper and will for sure pick the one who looks like Ronin. Warrior is a disapointing special class considering animal people don't interest me. Mystic looks intriguing but I'll wait and see since I don't know what kind of skills to expect for them. Overall a nice grabbag of characters and I'll struggle to choose a party.

Animated monsters... Sure, why not. The downside is that they'll probably be less detailed but I'm really looking forward to seeing how the monsters interact with the labyrinth. I think an update like this will really expand the universe of EO. But... I'll really miss those orange balls *tears up*

For the hotair ballon and extra side dungeons, hell yeah, bring it on.

Overall the game looks top notch and I'm sure it will generate more buzz for the series and expand the fanbase. I'm not convinced an easy mode is necessary considering it goes against the spirit of the series but at least more people will get to enjoy it.

Please share your thoughts on the new game :)

YuanMori
Fluffy gumiho
Regular Boarder

YuanMori

Online No
Level 14
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 104
Location SK, Canad...

2 years ago
I'm incredibly excited, I just wish they'd finally release a bonus where you can use a sixth party member. Choosing only five is so difficult!

I am drooling over this game and happy it is already producing so much merchandise. This will be great. :)

piratepapillon
Very Important Boarder

piratepapillon

Online No
Level 20
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 429
Location Canada

2 years ago
YuanMori (2 years ago)I'm incredibly excited, I just wish they'd finally release a bonus where you can use a sixth party member. Choosing only five is so difficult!

I am drooling over this game and happy it is already producing so much merchandise. This will be great. :)

The sixth party member is probably never going to happen. One of the creators said in an interview the five party structure was chosen so that every party feels incomplete in some way (so evil!) As long as we can still summon things to fill the sixth it should be okay though. I'm having trouble choosing already. Iknow I don't want a Medic and want to try using a dancer for healing. I also know the Archer class is a for sure and that I'm going to try the magic user (I never used Zodiac or Alchemist). Ugg, so hard.

Kousei
☆ ★ ☆
Regular Boarder

Kousei

Online No
Level 15
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 45
Location Hyperdime...

1 year ago
The demo just makes the craving for the full game even worse. ;~;

piratepapillon
Very Important Boarder

piratepapillon

Online No
Level 20
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 429
Location Canada

1 year ago
I actually avoided the demo so I would be even more overwhelmed when I have it in my hands. My copy will be arriving on Wednesday. I seriously can't wait!!!

Kousei
☆ ★ ☆
Regular Boarder

Kousei

Online No
Level 15
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 45
Location Hyperdime...

1 year ago
piratepapillon (1 year ago)I actually avoided the demo so I would be even more overwhelmed when I have it in my hands. My copy will be arriving on Wednesday. I seriously can't wait!!!

I played the demo once I realized that everything carried over. That way it's like I already got to play some of the game and had extra time to play around with the new skill trees. xD

piratepapillon
Very Important Boarder

piratepapillon

Online No
Level 20
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 429
Location Canada

1 year ago
Got my copy!

So, I've started with a party of front row Night Seeker, Fortress, Dancer, and back row Sniper and Rune Master. Still might switch that around a bit. Having a lot of fun (of course), especially with the balloon. I'm in love with the new monster models.

Also really curious about how guild sharing works. I'll be doing a lot of testing since my girlfriend and roommate also have copies but I think you can send members or something and trade items. Also, I'm very sad to announce that Japanese codes do not scan. This is really lame considering I got a whole bunch from buying Etrian loot (DS skin stickers, ect)

fishcake
Regular Boarder

fishcake

Online No
Level 13
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 8

1 year ago
I'm running Fortress, Dancer, Nightseeker/Sniper, Medic. You get a guest Arcanist to play around with in the 2nd labyrinth and I can't wait to have one in my party so my Sniper and Nightseeker can use their bind/ailment followups. I'm loving the reworked bind and ailment mechanics--I can reliably land binds on bosses now and it makes it so boss fights aren't just protector-tank and ronin/hexer/arbalist/zodiac/what-have-you dps; there's so much more fun strategy.

piratepapillon
Very Important Boarder

piratepapillon

Online No
Level 20
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 429
Location Canada

1 year ago
I'm looking forward to Arcanist also! I'm in the second stratum and can't wait to get one in my party. For me it's going to be no different since I ran a status effect/bind party in the second game with Dark Hunter/Hexer/War Magus. I've always gone for status effects with the exception of the third game because DH and H were my favorites classes.

I also made a big party change and dropped my Fortress for a second Dancer. I've never run two of the same class before but it really works in this one because with two Dancers you can run six buffs at a time since the buffs only count on their slots. My party has paper defense but they hit pretty hard.

Also, is it me or is difficulty down? I feel like the game keeps pampering me with too many drops, too many short cuts, and just overall kindness.

fishcake
Regular Boarder

fishcake

Online No
Level 13
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 8

1 year ago
I'm playing pretty cautiously and have been overleveled for most of the game but it can still throw some curveballs at you! The first stratum boss was fairly easy but the 2nd one can be tough and there are definitely some tough optional bosses.

One thing I have noticed though is that I have way too much money. I liked being resource-constrained in the older games, now it just feels like I can buy whatever I want.

I decided I didn't want to drop any of my party for an Arcanist but I did decide to sub it on my Medic so she has something to do for the first few rounds of a fight. The circle mechanics mean that you can try and land some effects while still being able to spam heals. I'm liking the Dancer too, although my Dancer is more set up to do damage with followup attacks and sword dance than party buffing.

piratepapillon
Very Important Boarder

piratepapillon

Online No
Level 20
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 429
Location Canada

1 year ago
Just unlocked Arcanist over here! Already added one to my party. I'm probably going to do the opposite of you and maybe sub Medic on Arcanist. I'm feeling I'll have subclassing soon. Mind you I'm not feeling very safe right now running around with a party that only has two people defending my front row...

Also wondering if anyone has managed to steetpass any guilds. The only guild cards I have are from friends.

Kousei
☆ ★ ☆
Regular Boarder

Kousei

Online No
Level 15
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 45
Location Hyperdime...

1 year ago
I finally got the game yesterday~. I thought it was just the demo, but the game does feel pretty easy (then again, I just got to the third floor today)... Even so, I think I am more attached to this guild than from the other three games. o: Time to start making some silly 4komas!

I haven't been able to trade guild cards with anyone yet. )x One person that I know doesn't have a 3DS, and another person hasn't had the money to get it yet...

Was anyone else a little disappointed that the FOE music wasn't on the soundtrack? ):

fishcake
Regular Boarder

fishcake

Online No
Level 13
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 8

1 year ago
Kousei (1 year ago)
I haven't been able to trade guild cards with anyone yet. )x One person that I know doesn't have a 3DS, and another person hasn't had the money to get it yet...

Was anyone else a little disappointed that the FOE music wasn't on the soundtrack? ):

I actually ended up ordering the soundtrack CD from play-asia after hitting the 4th stratum since the battle music is so good; I'm disappointed in EO4's preorder bonus after the full-size artbook that we got with the EO3 release.

If there's enough interest, maybe we should make a thread for posting our QR codes?
Updated 1 year ago #1405384

Kousei
☆ ★ ☆
Regular Boarder

Kousei

Online No
Level 15
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 45
Location Hyperdime...

1 year ago
fishcake (1 year ago)
I actually ended up ordering the soundtrack CD from play-asia after hitting the 4th stratum since the battle music is so good; I'm disappointed in EO4's preorder bonus after the full-size artbook that we got with the EO3 release.

If there's enough interest, maybe we should make a thread for posting our QR codes?

Yeah, I was like "where's my artbo--oh". I've been used to me feeling like the sound tracks are lacking (it's probably on purpose to make us buy the original soundtrack), but usually the other things in the bonus make up for it (I'll always love Atlus for the Raiho plushie).

That'd be nice. (:

piratepapillon
Very Important Boarder

piratepapillon

Online No
Level 20
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 429
Location Canada

1 year ago
Kousei (1 year ago)fishcake (1 year ago)

Yeah, I was like "where's my artbo--oh". I've been used to me feeling like the sound tracks are lacking (it's probably on purpose to make us buy the original soundtrack), but usually the other things in the bonus make up for it (I'll always love Atlus for the Raiho plushie).

That'd be nice. (:

I actually asked about the artbook at the gamestore and was pretty bummed when I realized how small it was. I shouldn't complain since I ordered the proper artbook and had the full soundtrack before the game came out but still a bit disapointed. It's the first time the English release came with the outtake CD and they had to be cheap and affix it by glue so it could get easily damaged (compared to the Japanese copy which has a proper case) :/

Will make a QR code thread a bit later. My party is 50 or so at the moment.

piratepapillon
Very Important Boarder

piratepapillon

Online No
Level 20
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 429
Location Canada

1 year ago
So, I beat the game. Very happy overall and had a lot of fun. My only complaint is that it's shorter than the previous games. I'm moving onto the sixth stratum and damn is it creepy. It makes me miss Heaven from the second game ;_;

I'll be posting my guild when I reach 99 after having retired. You can take members of any level after having beat the game so maybe one of you can play with my builds once you reach the last stratum :p I've always been overly proud of my builds so it's nice to be able to share them.

fishcake
Regular Boarder

fishcake

Online No
Level 13
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 8

1 year ago
I am so relieved that there were no ridiculous intractable teleporter mazes like in the 6th strata for EO2 or disorienting radarless stuff like in EO3. I'm gearing up to take on the 6th stratum boss but I've taken a detour to kill one of the dragons and I might finish them off and hit level 99 first.

Top ↑

Join the club to join the discussion.