Official Tsuki ClubOfficial Tsuki ClubThis is the Official TsukiBoard Club.

stargazer713
the 0th Mirage Knight
Very Important Boarder

stargazer713

Online No
Level 24
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 402
Location デルタ・ベルン

1 year ago
Supporter or VIB, no need to be MOD.

shawurai
Regular Boarder

shawurai

Online No
Level 12
Joined 5 years ago
Post(s) 14
Location Belgium

1 year ago
I have a question regarding aliases.

This is sort of a continiuation of my previous post (mfc link)
(I know that one has been posed in the wrong section and I'm sorry I didn't notice before posting it (if a MOD could/wants to move it please do so))

the aliases in teh encylopedia don't seem to seem to require that the alias is noted with kanji. Are there more rules regarding an alias that aren't noted in the guidelines? A seiyuu can be found as existing in the database by searching the name even when this name is mentioned as an alias). But what to do when you create a page when you're not sure the seiyuu used an alias for the itme you're about to add?

Sometimes you'll only notice this when other people point it out to you. I understand that the seiyuu's entry can be updated with the alias but what about the item it was linked too? Will the link dissapear if a persons page gets removed/updated with the alias from another page?

As noted in my previous post (linked to above), I can understand that some seiyuu wish to keep some of there work under a specific alias while using their real name from "normal" work.
http://home.scarlet.be/~ng054730/kaa_related/shaw_sig_image3.jpg
I shall speak neither hurtful nor harsh word, but shall speak respectfully, even of my enemies, for temperate words may turn aside anger.

stargazer713
the 0th Mirage Knight
Very Important Boarder

stargazer713

Online No
Level 24
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 402
Location デルタ・ベルン

1 year ago
I tried answering it, maybe you didn't see it (mfc link)

shawurai
Regular Boarder

shawurai

Online No
Level 12
Joined 5 years ago
Post(s) 14
Location Belgium

1 year ago
Ah, thanks for clarifying that.
http://home.scarlet.be/~ng054730/kaa_related/shaw_sig_image3.jpg
I shall speak neither hurtful nor harsh word, but shall speak respectfully, even of my enemies, for temperate words may turn aside anger.

Suzu
Very Important Boarder

Suzu

Online No
Level 23
Joined 5 years ago
Post(s) 892
Location France

1 year ago
Hello, I have a few questions ^_^

Is it possible to merge 2 encyclopedia entries? This encyclopedia #38152 and encyclopedia #27623, as well as encyclopedia #38156 and encyclopedia #18361 , have the same kanjis for the name so I thought they could be the same person ?

Also, is it fine to remove the origin from this entry : item #114543, because despite the trick to make it look different from the title, the japanese name is the same, plus it seems to be a repetition from the circle name too. There was a discussion not long ago about one-shots & origins :
View spoilerHide spoilerkumasanmk (1 year ago)Ashiya (1 year ago)Cinderalla has only one volume, in fact each of Junko's books are like this (for example there's Junko's Princess Mermaid, Hansel and Gretel, etc, each one book, one different story). Should I make a database entry for each book? And then use each database entry for each book? Is it okay to use the same thing for origin in the title then? What should I do?IMO, one-shot manga don't need an origin. You should just let the origin empty and add Cinderella, etc. to title.

And last, is there a list of classifications for books? For example this fanbook : item #74263 or this game guide book : item #86377 , before the change I believe they were in "Special Books" but it's not a choice at the moment and I don't want to create an useless classification.
(also, is there a difference between "Art Book" and "Illustrations Collections" : item #114543 ?)

Thanks ^_^
http://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz38/Susuzu/MSsign/Keine3copy.png
Original illustration made by Vivit Gray.

kumasanmk
花音推し
Producer

kumasanmk

Online No
Level 35
Joined 6 years ago
Post(s) 1633

1 year ago
Suzu (1 year ago)And last, is there a list of classifications for books? For example this fanbook : item #74263 or this game guide book : item #86377 , before the change I believe they were in "Special Books" but it's not a choice at the moment and I don't want to create an useless classification.You can add any classification you judge useful (Fan Book, Guide Book, etc.).

WindsorSeven
Very Important Boarder

WindsorSeven

Online No
Level 29
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 1931
Location New Engla...

1 year ago
Does anyone else here use a proxy to access this site (mfc is blocked in the country I recently moved to)? I've been having trouble logging in lately, and I wanted to know if it was just me..

Fixed.
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/urmom45_2006/utaprinewsigsig.png
Updated 1 year ago #1012399

Gauenara
Regular Boarder

Gauenara

Online No
Level 21
Joined 1 year ago
Post(s) 242
Location Spain

1 year ago
I don't know if this question goes here or in the Database Managers club but, here it goes.

I want to add some nishiki-e (錦絵) but I didn't find any on the database, neither this classification. Should I add this classification? As nishiki-e or Framed Portrait? Subcategory as type? as product line? Forget it and add them just as portraits?

Thanks!

motaku96
Regular Boarder

motaku96

Online No
Level 10
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 84
Location New York

1 year ago
It's not really a major problem, but I've noticed that some pictures, including my own, aren't displaying exif data. I wonder if you guys might know what's causing this. At first I thought it might be because I ran the pic through photoshop and lightroom but it seems to affect pics at random. Thought it might just be my browser, but that doesn't seem to be it. Enlighten me please.

kumasanmk
花音推し
Producer

kumasanmk

Online No
Level 35
Joined 6 years ago
Post(s) 1633

1 year ago
Gauenara (1 year ago)Should I add this classification?Yes, if you want.

Gauenara (1 year ago)As nishiki-e or Framed Portrait?Either one is good. Just add the other one(s) as alias(es).

Gauenara (1 year ago)Subcategory as type? as product line?Type.

Gauenara
Regular Boarder

Gauenara

Online No
Level 21
Joined 1 year ago
Post(s) 242
Location Spain

1 year ago
kumasanmk (1 year ago)Gauenara (1 year ago)Should I add this classification?Yes, if you want.

Gauenara (1 year ago)As nishiki-e or Framed Portrait?Either one is good. Just add the other one(s) as alias(es).

Gauenara (1 year ago)Subcategory as type? as product line?Type.

Ok, thanks a lot for the help ^^

Raiakngiht
Regular Boarder

Raiakngiht

Online No
Level 8
Joined 1 year ago
Post(s) 30
Location United St...

1 year ago
I recently added some new entries today, and I got back on MFC a little after adding them to discover they had been taken down. I checked my email to find this:

Notification from MyFigureCollection.net:

Entry #116120 (Transformers - Ultra Magnus (Hasbro)) has been removed
from the database
Reason: Rule violation(s)
Message: Only Takara Tomy or Takara Tomy/Hasbro entries allowed for
Transformers, thanks.

I'll put the others in a spoiler since they are nearly identical.
View spoilerHide spoiler

Entry #116121 (Transformers - Bumble (Hasbro)) has been removed from
the database
Transformers, thanks.

Entry #116122 (Transformers - Soundwave (Hasbro)) has been removed
from the database
Transformers, thanks.

Entry #116123 (Transformers - Megatron (Hasbro)) has been removed from
the database
Transformers, thanks.

After I receieved the emails informing me they were removed, I was surprised I hadn't simply been asked to correct my mistake. I made a slight error and forgot to include Takara Tomy in the companies, could this be fixed? Or do I have to redo them?
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat. Would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast & righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?"~Lelouch Lamperouge
http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/t451/Raiaknight/RaiaknightSiggy2-1.jpg

stargazer713
the 0th Mirage Knight
Very Important Boarder

stargazer713

Online No
Level 24
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 402
Location デルタ・ベルン

1 year ago
Usually alerts are left open for awhile for you to fix, I guess you took too long? As long as the items are indeed made by legitimate manufacturers and follow all rules, you can try to add them to the database again.

OhnoRaptors
[Cinderella Girl]
Moderator + Puella Magi

OhnoRaptors

Online No
Level 48
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 1137

1 year ago
If I remember correctly it's because the MODS decided the ones from Hasbro weren't technically from a Japanese company or origin, so they shouldn't be in the database. So if you're adding more from the same line of toys, you should have probably asked someone beforehand. ^^;

Raiakngiht
Regular Boarder

Raiakngiht

Online No
Level 8
Joined 1 year ago
Post(s) 30
Location United St...

1 year ago
Thanks for the help, it looks like Hasbro was the only company for this toy line. The only reason Takara Tomy would be associated with this line is for the Japanese release of Hasbro products.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat. Would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast & righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?"~Lelouch Lamperouge

OhnoRaptors
[Cinderella Girl]
Moderator + Puella Magi

OhnoRaptors

Online No
Level 48
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 1137

1 year ago
Are the recent items you added (like item #116126 ) a similar case? If so, they should probably be deleted as well. :C

Raiakngiht
Regular Boarder

Raiakngiht

Online No
Level 8
Joined 1 year ago
Post(s) 30
Location United St...

1 year ago
No, those are actually by Takara Tomy/Hasbro. Its just the entire "Heroes" (Star Wars, Transformers, Indiana Jones, etc.) line is done just by Hasbro.

stargazer713
the 0th Mirage Knight
Very Important Boarder

stargazer713

Online No
Level 24
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 402
Location デルタ・ベルン

1 year ago
So complicated :S I'm not familiar with this Takara Tomy/Hasbro business, but for Gundams, I think whatever Bandai released specifically for the US market should not be added into the database. I think some Zoids were also released specifically for the US market with already existing Japanese kits? I've seen a few around the database but didn't bother with them.

Muntoe

Muntoe

Online No
Level 40
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 2217
Location United St...

1 year ago
Takara Tomy and Transformers is kind of a weird line to start with. They were originally known under a line of toys called Microman and were imported into the US and a smaller batch of toys was created under a Microchange line (focusing on vehicles and robots) to be used with Microman toys. When Hasbro, an American company, acquired the property rights, they renamed the Microchange line into Transformers and started creating toys and characters. So the Transformers line has an American origin because they were renamed and distributed by Hasbro, an American company. Since Takara Tomy still holds some of the rights to distribute them in a Japanese market, those licensed products are allowed in the database...which basically means only Japanese market releases are allowed. It's a curious workaround but according to our rules it works. ^^; Forgive me if I got some of the details wrong, I'm not super familiar with the Transformers line but in the end this is something our MODs and ADMs have decided.

Zoids, however, was an idea of toys from Takara-Tomy directly (thus Japanese origin and manufacturer). Some were sold by Hasbro but since this was purely a Japanese origin they are allowed in the DB. Not sure about Bandai kits though...

stargazer713
the 0th Mirage Knight
Very Important Boarder

stargazer713

Online No
Level 24
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 402
Location デルタ・ベルン

1 year ago
Okay I see, that's interesting! What if there is a kit of a Zoid that was released both in the US and in Japan, same kit but different design for the outer box? Does that warrant 2 entries in the database or just one (and mentioning that there was a US release)?

« Prev   1 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 61   Next »

Top ↑

Join the club to join the discussion.