Official Tsuki ClubOfficial Tsuki ClubThis is the Official TsukiBoard Club.

meteorstormed
Regular Boarder

meteorstormed

Online No
Level 20
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 150
Location USA

2 years ago
I've got a bit of a question here - really, I'd just like to have something clarified, if possible? Though I'm sure it has been before, but I want to be sure before I go and make a few database entries.

Anyway, here is what we have on the good ol' FAQ: "Can be added to MFC database any figure that is a 3D representation of a character/vehicle/object coming from one or more Japanese anime/manga/movies/books/shows/video-games/history/pop-icons/original-characters OR manufactured by a Japanese maker"

My question, to be clear, is this: So long as whatever character is from, or appears in, Japanese media, then even if a figure is made outside of Japan, that figure is okay?

If the specific thing helps, I'm talking about some Sonic the Hedgehog figures I'd like to add (and, in fact, I think this site already has some similar ones from the same company), but I want to be sure - better safe than sorry, after all!

Thanks in advance!

kumasanmk
花音推し
Producer

kumasanmk

Online No
Level 36
Joined 6 years ago
Post(s) 1675

2 years ago
escape_rope (2 years ago)So, does this make the Run standar?I think "Exclusive" is okay.

meteorstormed (2 years ago)My question, to be clear, is this: So long as whatever character is from, or appears in, Japanese media, then even if a figure is made outside of Japan, that figure is okay?Yes.

meteorstormed
Regular Boarder

meteorstormed

Online No
Level 20
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 150
Location USA

2 years ago
kumasanmk (2 years ago)meteorstormed (2 years ago)My question, to be clear, is this: So long as whatever character is from, or appears in, Japanese media, then even if a figure is made outside of Japan, that figure is okay?Yes.
Awesome! Thanks for the quick response. Have a great day.

Suzu
Regular Boarder + Ghost

Suzu

Online No
Level 24
Joined 6 years ago
Post(s) 892
Location France

2 years ago
I have a question about Catalog ID; I know it's a required field for music, but I found some Mugs who have a catalog ID when most Mug entries don't. It's item #117800 and other mugs from the same manufacturer. I did find that ID by google-ing the Jan code ((ext link)), but is that "product code" the same thing as "catalog ID" ?
http://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz38/Susuzu/MSsign/Keine3copy.png
Original illustration made by Vivit Gray.

meteorstormed
Regular Boarder

meteorstormed

Online No
Level 20
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 150
Location USA

2 years ago
Alrighty, hope this should be a simple answer. As there is a rule against putting the title of what something is from in the title of an item, does this mean that you just flat out can never link an item to its origin, as this site automatically puts an item's origin (be it a game, manga, etc.) in the item's title?

Ironically Suzu one post up is the one who alerted quite a few items I put up based on this, but not only would the vast majority of items on the site need to be edited if this rule was enforced globally, but not allowing items to have their origins listed just seems disruptive, pointless, and, frankly, useless. If an item is merchandise of something, shouldn't it be linked to that something, regardless of how that effects the article's title?

EDIT: Ah, and on an unrelated matter, if we own a non-Japanese version of an item (say, a game for instance), we don't list that, correct? As I understand, when it comes to media, we only want Japan-made media, but correct me if I'm wrong!
Updated 2 years ago #1054934

kumasanmk
花音推し
Producer

kumasanmk

Online No
Level 36
Joined 6 years ago
Post(s) 1675

2 years ago
meteorstormedTook care of these. However, you should know that when you add the origin of something, it automatically adds that titile. I can't control that, that's just how the site works - so, to get rid of it, I had to get rid of the origin; in other words, what series this game is based off of.

I think you're confused. They're both an automatic title generated by the system AND a title of the item. The automatic title is generated from several information including the origin(s) you selected and the title you defined. As the automatic generated title already contains the origin, you mustn't add it again in the title of the item to avoid repetitions. That's what Suzu told you.

Suzu (2 years ago)I have a question about Catalog ID; I know it's a required field for music, but I found some Mugs who have a catalog ID when most Mug entries don't. It's item #117800 and other mugs from the same manufacturer. I did find that ID by google-ing the Jan code ((ext link)), but is that "product code" the same thing as "catalog ID" ?

All items can have a catalog ID as far as it's defined by the manufacturers (and not defined by the shops as many shops as their own catalog IDs). And yes product ID and catalog ID are the same thing.

meteorstormed
Regular Boarder

meteorstormed

Online No
Level 20
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 150
Location USA

2 years ago
kumasanmk (2 years ago)meteorstormedTook care of these. However, you should know that when you add the origin of something, it automatically adds that titile. I can't control that, that's just how the site works - so, to get rid of it, I had to get rid of the origin; in other words, what series this game is based off of.

I think you're confused. They're both an automatic title generated by the system AND a title of the item. The automatic title is generated from several information including the origin(s) you selected and the title you defined. As the automatic generated title already contains the origin, you mustn't add it again in the title of the item to avoid repetitions. That's what Suzu told you.

No, I'm aware of all of that. If the title of a movie is "Konjiki no Gash Bell: Demon 101," and it's a movie originating from the series "Konjiki no Gash Bell," then part of that would appear twice in the title of an article - same with virtually any franchise based video game. Yes, it might "look" repetitious, but if that's the title of the movie, I think it should be there rather than cutting out half of a movie's title for the sale of a flawed system/rule. Now, for example, the article title reads something like "Konjiki no Gash Bell - DVD - Demon 101," and with a title less obvious, it just... doesn't make sense, quite frankly. What kind of database goes around cutting up proper titles for the sake of looking pretty when, conversely, it's at the cost of proper organization?

Anyhoo, all offending articles have since been fixed, I'm just staring how I feel about it.

Now, in addition to my other question (re:overseas versions of Japanese media/goods), I see that books that come with other things as bonus items aren't allowed - does this hold true for figures/accessories? For example, if there were exclusive stands given with the first wave of a product, would that type of thing warrant an article? Or any other bonus item like that, so long as its an actual "item" that would be classified as a figure, as opposed to something that would go under books.

fujoshi-banana
Regular Boarder

fujoshi-banana

Online No
Level 19
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 42

2 years ago
Hi, I have a little doubt about mangaka with different names for different types of works (shoujo,yaoi,yuri,hentai...) and the faq and this answer (mfc link) didn't answer me. I mean, my problem is that s Zaou Taishi uses this name for yaoi works and Tsuda Mikiyo for shoujo. I already added the Zaou Taishi entry and on alias I included Tsuda Mikiyo, and my question is, do I have to make another entry for Tsuda Mikiyo (respecting the author's desire) for the shoujo mangas? Or do I delete the alias and create a new entry for Tsuda Mikiyo?
Thank you in advance. ^^

Muntoe
Lover of cacti ♡꒰*・ω・人・ω・*꒱♡

Muntoe

Online No
Level 41
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 2371
Location United St...

2 years ago
meteorstormed (2 years ago).Now, in addition to my other question (re:overseas versions of Japanese media/goods), I see that books that come with other things as bonus items aren't allowed - does this hold true for figures/accessories? For example, if there were exclusive stands given with the first wave of a product, would that type of thing warrant an article? Or any other bonus item like that, so long as its an actual "item" that would be classified as a figure, as opposed to something that would go under books.No, as far as I know we don't allow "extras" to be given their own entry. The first thing that comes to mind is the Tako Luka included with the Megurine Luka nendoroid as she doesn't have a separate entry: item #6596 Now if it was an accessory mass-produced or sold (like doll clothes), it would go under Accessories lol.

meteorstormed
Regular Boarder

meteorstormed

Online No
Level 20
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 150
Location USA

2 years ago
Muntoe (2 years ago)meteorstormed (2 years ago).Now, in addition to my other question (re:overseas versions of Japanese media/goods), I see that books that come with other things as bonus items aren't allowed - does this hold true for figures/accessories? For example, if there were exclusive stands given with the first wave of a product, would that type of thing warrant an article? Or any other bonus item like that, so long as its an actual "item" that would be classified as a figure, as opposed to something that would go under books.No, as far as I know we don't allow "extras" to be given their own entry. The first thing that comes to mind is the Tako Luka included with the Megurine Luka nendoroid as she doesn't have a separate entry: item #6596 Now if it was an accessory mass-produced or sold (like doll clothes), it would go under Accessories lol.
Well, from what I can see, ALL of those items come with that, right?

What I'm talking about would be something limited or special, that might even come in another box; the example I'm thinking of being the stands included only with first release Akiba Reds (in a seperate box, mind) that will not be available in the future when buying Akuba Reds.

Suzu
Regular Boarder + Ghost

Suzu

Online No
Level 24
Joined 6 years ago
Post(s) 892
Location France

2 years ago
meteorstormed (2 years ago)What I'm talking about would be something limited or special, that might even come in another box; the example I'm thinking of being the stands included only with first release Akiba Reds (in a seperate box, mind) that will not be available in the future when buying Akuba Reds.
A description in the further informations field perhaps ?

meteorstormed
Regular Boarder

meteorstormed

Online No
Level 20
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 150
Location USA

2 years ago
... Mmmmm, that doesn't seem quite right either. I mean, for all intents and purposes, it IS another item, just one that only can come with that other one during a set period - even so, people are already selling them/looking for them by themselves, sans the Akiba Red.

escape_rope
Very Important Boarder

escape_rope

Online No
Level 41
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 5286
Location Finland

2 years ago
kumasanmk (2 years ago)escape_rope (2 years ago)So, does this make the Run standar?I think "Exclusive" is okay.
Thanks for the reply!

Now I have another question as well: when adding goods without characters should we use the title or version field to tell something about the item. This mug shall be our example item #113524 Is "Makoto" a title or a version? People seem to use title here (with goods too) but to be honest I'm not sure if it's correct. I've used title as well 'cause "version" has a little different meaning to me. I'd appreciate if someone could tell me when it's ok to use titles with goods.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/alecless2/f.png

My Group Orders !

OhnoRaptors
[Cinderella Girl]
Moderator + Puella Magi

OhnoRaptors

Online No
Level 48
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 1168

2 years ago
Title works. The things like alternative colors for that good would go in versions.

meteorstormed
Regular Boarder

meteorstormed

Online No
Level 20
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 150
Location USA

2 years ago
... Not sure if this should go here or in the suggestion thread, but there isn't an option to mark all selected items in your ordered list as "not paid" despite it... being listed as an option on the very same page.

Am I missing it, or...?

escape_rope
Very Important Boarder

escape_rope

Online No
Level 41
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 5286
Location Finland

2 years ago
OhnoRaptors (2 years ago)Title works. The things like alternative colors for that good would go in versions.
Thanks for the quick reply Raptors.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/alecless2/f.png

My Group Orders !

Suzu
Regular Boarder + Ghost

Suzu

Online No
Level 24
Joined 6 years ago
Post(s) 892
Location France

2 years ago
I'm wondering, do pictures like picture #488238 go in the "figures" or the "items" category?

kumasanmk
花音推し
Producer

kumasanmk

Online No
Level 36
Joined 6 years ago
Post(s) 1675

2 years ago
Suzu (2 years ago)I'm wondering, do pictures like picture #488238 go in the "figures" or the "items" category?Part of figures go in 'Figures'.

meteorstormed
Regular Boarder

meteorstormed

Online No
Level 20
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 150
Location USA

2 years ago
If one becomes a supporter for a month, say just to change customization settings and such, do those changes stay once their "support time" runs out?

Strife212
Original Blue
Very Important Boarder + Puella Magi

Strife212

Online No
Level 21
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 309
Location United Ki...

2 years ago
They get turned off but they are remembered for if you subscribe again.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y110/Darkwind212/name-1.png

« Prev   1 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 69   Next »

Top ↑

Join the club to join the discussion.