Regular Boarder

Titan_Scientist

Online No
Level 18
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 1317
Location Scotland

1 year ago
Did anyone else look at it this morning and almost cry?

Rikudou
Regular Boarder

Rikudou

Online No
Level 22
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 377
Location United Ki...

1 year ago
It has been worse, and about the same this month - but it was lower earlier in the month.

Pixelated
Regular Boarder

Pixelated

Online No
Level 10
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 31
Location West York...

1 year ago
Paypal rates are fairly bad just had to get a order payed for and they are exchanging at 127 to the pound

Titan_Scientist
Regular Boarder

Titan_Scientist

Online No
Level 18
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 1317
Location Scotland

1 year ago
Pixelated (1 year ago) #13857505Paypal rates are fairly bad just had to get a order payed for and they are exchanging at 127 to the pound

Yeah, PayPal's the reason the dropping exchange rate stresses me out so much - I know that PayPal rate's going to be even worse. I've never been so glad that I paid for a couple of figma pre-orders earlier and ordered a scale from the UK.

chirp
Regular Boarder

chirp

Online No
Level 9
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 45
Location UK

1 year ago
Brexit is killing my bank account with this hobby :o

However, on somewhat of a surprise note, it may actually do really well for my business in the short term....
Updated 1 year ago #14127012

RabbitSans
Regular Boarder

RabbitSans

Online No
Level 8
Joined 1 year ago
Post(s) 10
Location UK

1 year ago
Yea, between PayPal's rates and Brexit, i'm starting to reconsider getting further into this hobby or at least cut back a lot. Many of my preorders (priced within a few hundred yen of each other) are costing me over 40% more now because they're all being hit with customs and those nonsense handling fees, whereas others went unnoticed last year (thanks to a better exchange rate) as they seemed to cost low enough to get by... v_v

Kuromii
Haikyuu nerdlord
Regular Boarder

Kuromii

Online No
Level 14
Joined 5 years ago
Post(s) 566
Location England, ...

1 year ago
I laughed when I saw the news today that the pound's worth had "boomed" overnight... and the yen has jumped up a whopping 2 yen to the pound, from 135 to 137!! Boom indeed!

Pixelated
Regular Boarder

Pixelated

Online No
Level 10
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 31
Location West York...

1 year ago
Kuromii (1 year ago) #14427888I laughed when I saw the news today that the pound's worth had "boomed" overnight... and the yen has jumped up a whopping 2 yen to the pound, from 135 to 137!! Boom indeed!
Well its a slow but steady increase anyway, I'm honestly feeling more the squeeze due to the £ being weak to the $ . _. But it wouldn't really matter anyway as paypal set a arbitrary rate for what they charge as I paid for something a day ago and it was 128 to the £ I don't mind the low rate just means I get to save money more by not buying :))

Titan_Scientist
Regular Boarder

Titan_Scientist

Online No
Level 18
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 1317
Location Scotland

1 year ago
Kuromii (1 year ago) #14427888I laughed when I saw the news today that the pound's worth had "boomed" overnight... and the yen has jumped up a whopping 2 yen to the pound, from 135 to 137!! Boom indeed!

And now it's well and truly back in the shitter. *sob*

Gandalf
Regular Boarder

Gandalf

Online No
Level 13
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 11
Location UK

1 year ago
Titan_Scientist (1 year ago) #15238965Kuromii (1 year ago) #14427888I laughed when I saw the news today that the pound's worth had "boomed" overnight... and the yen has jumped up a whopping 2 yen to the pound, from 135 to 137!! Boom indeed!

And now it's well and truly back in the shitter. *sob*

Indeed, though things might be mitigated slightly if the BoJ can ever get it's policy of weakening the Yen to work. Not looking great overall though.

Pixelated
Regular Boarder

Pixelated

Online No
Level 10
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 31
Location West York...

1 year ago
Paid for my first item in quite a few months paypal exchanged at 121.035 to the £ ;_;

Well time to stop buying then glad I don't have anything on order now, well not until they do a 2017 snow miku :)) must self control and not buy items, must save money.

Chichi9521
Regular Boarder

Chichi9521

Online No
Level 14
Joined 5 years ago
Post(s) 49
Location United Ki...

1 year ago
-Wrong forum
Updated 1 year ago #15486817

Titan_Scientist
Regular Boarder

Titan_Scientist

Online No
Level 18
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 1317
Location Scotland

11 months ago
And while everything's going to shit (on the other side of the pond this time), GBP to JPY has crept up to 130 JPY. Not a massive increase, but it's better than the 126/127 it was at before...

Gandalf
Regular Boarder

Gandalf

Online No
Level 13
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 11
Location UK

11 months ago
Titan_Scientist (11 months ago) #15990174And while everything's going to shit (on the other side of the pond this time), GBP to JPY has crept up to 130 JPY. Not a massive increase, but it's better than the 126/127 it was at before...

Getting close to 134 today, I'm liking these gains. Seems like the dollar is gaining a bit as well so maybe this is the long awaited drop in the Yen. The BoE's recent stance does seem to have helped us as well.

Pixelated
Regular Boarder

Pixelated

Online No
Level 10
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 31
Location West York...

11 months ago
Excellent news, or not because now I will be looking at what to buy, might just wait for the sales though now then it might even go up higher >:)

Emily_katie
Regular Boarder

Emily_katie

Online No
Level 8
Joined 1 year ago
Post(s) 5
Location UK

9 months ago
Are you guys thinking the pound will drop again when we actually Brexit?
http://th07.deviantart.net/fs70/200H/f/2015/002/6/5/_love_live___eli_ayase_profile_photo_cover_by_shadowmilez-d8c9uvo.png

Titan_Scientist
Regular Boarder

Titan_Scientist

Online No
Level 18
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 1317
Location Scotland

9 months ago
Emily_katie (9 months ago) #17446972Are you guys thinking the pound will drop again when we actually Brexit?

I think it'll fall through the damn floor, judging from the dip whenever May says something stupid about Brexit...

Emily_katie
Regular Boarder

Emily_katie

Online No
Level 8
Joined 1 year ago
Post(s) 5
Location UK

9 months ago
Titan_Scientist (9 months ago) #17446973Emily_katie (9 months ago) #17446972Are you guys thinking the pound will drop again when we actually Brexit?

I think it'll fall through the damn floor, judging from the dip whenever May says something stupid about Brexit...

ugh :/ RIP my purse when my pre-orders need paying for T_T
http://th07.deviantart.net/fs70/200H/f/2015/002/6/5/_love_live___eli_ayase_profile_photo_cover_by_shadowmilez-d8c9uvo.png

Pixelated
Regular Boarder

Pixelated

Online No
Level 10
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 31
Location West York...

9 months ago
I would say the opposite considering 6 months ago we where at 120/£ and currently hover around 140/£ it's not that bad, most of the recent drops when the PM talks about brexit have made us drop maybe 5 yen for what I have seen personally think we are past the crazy drops, but again I ain't no soothsayer so who knows, but I highly doubt it will drop through the floor :)

Titan_Scientist
Regular Boarder

Titan_Scientist

Online No
Level 18
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 1317
Location Scotland

9 months ago
Pixelated (9 months ago) #17461391I would say the opposite considering 6 months ago we where at 120/£ and currently hover around 140/£ it's not that bad, most of the recent drops when the PM talks about brexit have made us drop maybe 5 yen for what I have seen personally think we are past the crazy drops, but again I ain't no soothsayer so who knows, but I highly doubt it will drop through the floor :)

Eh, I'll be shocked if it doesn't go through the floor when this Brexit crap actually happens. The vote did enough damage, leaving could easily put it deep underground. I hope it doesn't, but given the stupidity that is coming out of the mouths of everyone involved in the decision making... I can't see them actually making smart decisions that won't tank the pound and the economy.

« Prev   1 2   Next »

Top ↑

Join the club to join the discussion.