Profile CustomizationProfile CustomizationFor people who like to customize their profile~

mintbunny
Key Princess
Regular Boarder

mintbunny

Online No
Level 19
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 481
Location MD, USA

3 years ago
This may seem silly, but I need some coding help for my profile. I'm trying to figure out how (in my about me section) to have a picture on one side and text on the other. I tried a table code, but it failed. I also tried alignment code and that failed. I must be doing something wrong. I know nothing about BBC Code. Thanks for any help. :)

stargazer713
the 0th Mirage Knight
Very Important Boarder

stargazer713

Online No
Level 24
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 402
Location デルタ・ベルン

3 years ago
Try [onright][/onright][onleft][/onleft]
You can use them with [right][/right][left][/left].
Updated 3 years ago #595217

mintbunny
Key Princess
Regular Boarder

mintbunny

Online No
Level 19
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 481
Location MD, USA

3 years ago
Thank you very much! I didn't know about the onleft/right tag! Worked like a charm! :)

EDIT: Whoops, guess I should have tried it with lots of text first. I didn't work for me. When I starting typing lots of text, it put it under the picture instead of next to it. I left a little sample up to show you what I'm talking about. Just let me know if it's because there's too much text. I figured no matter how much text I wrote it would stay next to the pic. Sorry for being a hassle. >_< I can just figure something else out.
Updated 3 years ago #596018

stargazer713
the 0th Mirage Knight
Very Important Boarder

stargazer713

Online No
Level 24
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 402
Location デルタ・ベルン

3 years ago
Hey, I see the problem on your profile, should be an easy fix. But it would be better to show us the code you are using, then I can test it myself and fix it, much more efficient this way ^^.

So go ahead and copy paste whatever your bbcodes are and put them inside [code][/code] so I can see the actual codes instead of them taking their forms.
Updated 3 years ago #596496

mintbunny
Key Princess
Regular Boarder

mintbunny

Online No
Level 19
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 481
Location MD, USA

3 years ago
[onleft][IMG]http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh191/mintbunny/agnesbell.jpg[/IMG][/onleft]

[onright][color=pink]About:[/color] Hi, I'm Mintbunny! A 24 year old otaku who loves anime more than anything! I've loved anime since 1998 and been seriously collecting since 2006! My favorite things to collect are sexy girl figures![/onright]

Okay, it's not showing the fact that I'm using the onleft/onright tags-one on the picture and the other on the text.

Thanks for helping me. :)
Updated 3 years ago #596537

stargazer713
the 0th Mirage Knight
Very Important Boarder

stargazer713

Online No
Level 24
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 402
Location デルタ・ベルン

3 years ago
Okay, put the code like this: [on*left][*IMG](ext link)[/IMG][/on*left]About: Hi, I'm Mintbunny! A 24 year old otaku who loves anime more than anything! I've loved anime since 1998 and been seriously collecting since 2006! My favorite things to collect are sexy girl figures![/code]

I put in the * so the codes would show. Does it work now? That will put your text immediately to the right of your picture. Then you can still break up the text, center, left or right etc the text itself, if you want to align the text in certain ways.
Updated 3 years ago #596552

mintbunny
Key Princess
Regular Boarder

mintbunny

Online No
Level 19
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 481
Location MD, USA

3 years ago
Hey, that worked! I can read code pretty well, I just suck at creating it. So all you did was take out the onright tag? How simple! Now I can work on my profile! Woohoo! Thank you so much!!! :D

stargazer713
the 0th Mirage Knight
Very Important Boarder

stargazer713

Online No
Level 24
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 402
Location デルタ・ベルン

3 years ago
Actually I'm not sure what you had before since those apparently don't show within the [code]. But yeah feel free to ask me again if you have problems in the future!

Shiddo
一匹狼
Very Important Boarder

Shiddo

Online No
Level 32
Joined 5 years ago
Post(s) 768
Location Prague, C...

3 years ago
You could add like 5px ~ 10px blank/white "spacer" to the image on right side to simulate padding ^^
http://sapphire-maples.com/stuff/tsuki/sig/yune.png

Top ↑

Join the club to join the discussion.