Mobile Suit GundamMobile Suit Gundamガンダムシリーズ

What do you think about the new "Gundam Age" series?

• 6.41%
    Just what I've been waiting for!
  • 53.85%
    It isn't the best, but worth checking out.
  • 39.74%
    Staying FAR away from it...

78 votes

stargazer713
the 0th Mirage Knight
Very Important Boarder

stargazer713

Online No
Level 24
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 403
Location デルタ・ベルン

3 years ago
http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff466/stargazer7131/Banners/8ac0c9bf.jpg
Updated 2 years ago #530922

Arachnider
Regular Boarder

Arachnider

Online No
Level 13
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 7
Location Indonesia

3 years ago
yes indeed... I was a little bit disappointed back then, when A Wakening of Trailblazer is no longer fighting human, instead, they fight a group of alien, which reminds me of Macross Frontier somehow..

now the enemy of Gundam AGE is some monster called UE (unknown enemy) with the name of "Gafran", right? somehow, in it's dragon-like mode, I can't really associate them with Gundam... it looks familiar as a Digimon!

yes, my friends also identify those dragons as digimon..

well, I can only endure myself with Unicorn, at least...

btw, stargazer713, nice pic you have there! ^^ "What the fuck is this shit?"! hahaha

Sazako
Regular Boarder

Sazako

Online No
Level 16
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 20
Location Perth, Au...

3 years ago
Hmm with Gundam AGE, having a look through its announcement page, its biggest turn off is the style of the show, I would have preferred the characters to be drawn in a more "traditional Gundam like sense”. I also feel that anything that the Gundam in its “primary mode” looks unelegant going along with the whole “kid’s feel of the show”.

The design for the “unknown entity” looks okay, however I am assuming it will be a grunt unit so would have “the bare minimum” of features.

Other things I do like is that the storey takes place over 100 years, and the protagonist changing each time. Also they are fighting "Unknown entities" which I would uncomfortably assume sentient aliens, which could lead the plot in an interesting direction. (Take in mind I haven’t watched the 00 Movie ). However I don’t think Bandai or Sunrise will fully capitalise on this as it may get too sophisticated for the shows target audience. However they would probably be “testing the water” to see if a simular situation could be used as setting of other Gundam shows for the future.

I got to keep in mind its probably a kids show and all up I am probably the wrong target audience for it.

I like the Gundam Logo. It summarises what I think about Bandai giving the green light for this show instead of something more like Gundam 00 or Unicorn. Then again they are probably doing what they feel puts them in the best position financially.

My 2 cents.
Updated 3 years ago #546175

Nash
Regular Boarder

Nash

Online No
Level 15
Joined 5 years ago
Post(s) 268

3 years ago
At this point, anything beats the snooze-fest that is UC. XD

I can hardly wait for the drama to unfold.

Abicion
Regular Boarder

Abicion

Online No
Level 12
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 18

3 years ago
Gundam AGE is terrible and anyone who thinks Gundam AGE is anything less than terrible should feel terrible.

t110
Regular Boarder

t110

Online No
Level 7
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 1

3 years ago

OP
Regular Boarder

OP

Online No
Level 8
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 1
Location Randolph ...

3 years ago
AbicionGundam AGE is terrible and anyone who thinks Gundam AGE is anything less than terrible should feel terrible.
Opinions are funny that way.

Seed is obviously a terrible Gundam series, but it is the most popular series in Japan, even now.(of the Non-UC series)

Top ↑

Join the club to join the discussion.