Neko_Oni

Online No
Level 19
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 190

3 years ago
Going to start this one off with this site:

(ext link)

While FSS only had the one movie made for it, a number of years ago, NEWTYPE posted a beautiful cover featuring a new suit for a new series! GOTHICMADE. (Not surprising since NEWTYPE's been serializing FSS since it was introduced...) There was a lot of buzz surrounding this....then...nothing. That was about 4 or 5 years ago but now it seems there are some updates to the site..and recently too! Fans of FSS know that Nagano tends to work reeeeally slooowly so most are used to it now. T_T

Still....a kit for this particular suit....X3

Wow....looks like his main website has changed too! Maybe the time is close!!!

(ext link)

Those books that you see on the side are the re-release of the FSS manga in Japan. Doubt very seriously that there'll be another english language release.... Called FSS Reboot, they also contain some artwork by other artists. Thinking about picking up a volume just to see how different it is from mine. Noticed the newer artwork for Lachesis, the fatima Auxo and Kaien...

Neko_Oni
Regular Boarder

Neko_Oni

Online No
Level 19
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 190

3 years ago
...And it looks like Reboot book 3 is out already. Ssizz is on the cover! :D

The new covers are nice.....but I still prefer the originals. Still, this is new artwork!
Updated 3 years ago #515650

stargazer713
the 0th Mirage Knight
Very Important Boarder

stargazer713

Online No
Level 24
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 402
Location デルタ・ベルン

3 years ago
Oh are the reboot the 2005 rereleases? Or are these rerereleases that's slightly different? And awesome website! Didn't know he had one, will look more later.

Neko_Oni
Regular Boarder

Neko_Oni

Online No
Level 19
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 190

3 years ago
The Reboots are being released as we speak. Really getting the feeling that a lot of people missed out on the first run so these are for those who got in on it late. I'll have to get some more info and get those ISBNs up when I get a free moment in a few days.

Neko_Oni
Regular Boarder

Neko_Oni

Online No
Level 19
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 190

3 years ago
More info on the Reboots: these are being reprinted as part of the FSS's 25th Anniversary! (Still very hard to believe that this is very much a work in progress 25 years later... @_@) Looks like we'll be seeing a new one of these every 2 months. Well, Japan will anyway. ^_^'

stargazer713
the 0th Mirage Knight
Very Important Boarder

stargazer713

Online No
Level 24
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 402
Location デルタ・ベルン

3 years ago
The Reboots have been added to the database ^^ (mfc link)
Updated 3 years ago #523392

Neko_Oni
Regular Boarder

Neko_Oni

Online No
Level 19
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 190

3 years ago
I may just pick one up just to see what the differences in format would be. Also curious about the new artwork....and which artists are creating FSS fanart. ^_^

Neko_Oni
Regular Boarder

Neko_Oni

Online No
Level 19
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 190

3 years ago
There's a little more info available for GOTHICMADE Hana no Utame in Japanese
(ゴティックメード 花の詩女) Looks like after all this time waiting that this is just going to be a film.....perhaps the basis for another manga? The main mech that they keep showing in the trailer is pretty amazing!

Kadokawas uploaded this trailer last year....then that's all I've heard about it.

(ext link)

His character designs don't look as outrageous as FSS usually are.....but the blone haired kid reminds me of Dai gu Fillmore aka "The Grumbling Grandson" from the latter part of FSS. XD

stargazer713
the 0th Mirage Knight
Very Important Boarder

stargazer713

Online No
Level 24
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 402
Location デルタ・ベルン

3 years ago
Oh I'm kinda glad it's a movie! I'll be watching it for sure :D

stargazer713
the 0th Mirage Knight
Very Important Boarder

stargazer713

Online No
Level 24
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 402
Location デルタ・ベルン

3 years ago
The trailer looks fantastic! I really want to see this movie now, awesome mecha action, nice music and the character designs are much more likable and approachable by the general public! Hopefully this will also generate more interest in FSS.
Updated 3 years ago #536003

stargazer713
the 0th Mirage Knight
Very Important Boarder

stargazer713

Online No
Level 24
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 402
Location デルタ・ベルン

3 years ago
Wait who's Kadokawa? Since you said "His character designs don't look as outrageous as FSS usually are" but the film is all directed by Nagano?

Neko_Oni
Regular Boarder

Neko_Oni

Online No
Level 19
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 190

3 years ago
Sorry, was really tired when I posted that last night so here's some clarification. Kadokawa is the company that releases any books/film related material that Nagano's company TOYS PRESS doesn't. Nagano seems to be in total charge of GOTHICMADE and I was noticing that the character designs were a little more normal than usual.

I really shouldn't do much posting when I'm so tired, but was happy to see a longer trailer than the ones I'd seen before. T_T

Xill
Very Important Boarder

Xill

Online No
Level 35
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 82
Location Netherlan...

3 years ago
Trailer looks promising!

Neko_Oni
Regular Boarder

Neko_Oni

Online No
Level 19
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 190

3 years ago
It looks REALLY REALLY good!
Damn shame that it's been in the works for so long. They did a GOTHICMADE cover and story for......NEWTYPE USA. Yeeah. So that should tell you just how long this has been in the works. How long has it been since this magazine's not been around? xD

Since Newtype was Nagano's original showcase, they still feature his work heavily...WHEN he's got anything new. I've seen ads for model kits in there as well along with calendars and posters. These alone make the price of the Newtype subscription worth it!

Neko_Oni
Regular Boarder

Neko_Oni

Online No
Level 19
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 190

3 years ago
Just got the CD for Green and Gold and finally getting the chance to listen to it.

Nagano's wife has a very pretty voice: this cd is familiar in flavor to the OST for the FSS movie. It is a little more experimental music-wise however. (For the time it was made, lots of synthesizers...you get the idea xD) I'd probably call it one of the ultimate pieces of FSS swag as I'm under the impression that not many of these were made. It's on the Victor label and Japanese sound quality so as you can expect it sounds GREAT!!!

The cover art for the cd is the same as graphic novels 21-23 of the english language release as the Japanese artwork featured a naked Lachesis. (Although Fatimas are flat chested so one can only wonder what the fuss was about...>_>)

Oh, and the cd has 10 tracks on it as well. ^_^
Updated 3 years ago #563366

stargazer713
the 0th Mirage Knight
Very Important Boarder

stargazer713

Online No
Level 24
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 402
Location デルタ・ベルン

3 years ago
Neko_OniJust got the CD for Green and Gold and finally getting the chance to listen to it.

Nagano's wife has a very pretty voice: this cd is familiar in flavor to the OST for the FSS movie. It is a little more experimental music-wise however. (For the time it was made, lots of synthesizers...you get the idea xD) I'd probably call it one of the ultimate pieces of FSS swag as I'm under the impression that not many of these were made. It's on the Victor label and Japanese sound quality so as you can expect it sounds GREAT!!!

The cover art for the cd is the same as graphic novels 21-23 of the english language release as the Japanese artwork featured a naked Lachesis. (Although Fatimas are flat chested so one can only wonder what the fuss was about...>_>)

Oh, and the cd has 10 tracks on it as well. ^_^

I'm glad the CD works perfectly! Quite the collector's item you have obtained indeed :D Do you know if she was the one who sang the song in gothicmade's video?
Updated 3 years ago #563843

Neko_Oni
Regular Boarder

Neko_Oni

Online No
Level 19
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 190

2 years ago
*much belated response to the last question*

Yes. Nagano's wife is the one who sang on the Green and Gold cd. Must be nice to have your husband's famous artwork on your album cover! ^o^

F I N A L L Y, it looks like Gothicmade will finally be set to air in theaters in the next month or so in Japan. Seems like he's been doing some promotions with Newtype magazine, which originally serialzed the FSS.

International Nagano fans, old and new alike. When I first caught wind of Gothicmade, it was via a copy of Newtype....the english language version. I remeber picking it up since Nagano's series didn't usually get face time on the english one.

*digs out magazine and looks at the date*

This episode is from September....2006! Other series/movies that are in this time capsule magazine? FMA: The Conquerer of Shamballa. This Ugly Yet Beautiful World. (One of my personal favorites) Kyo Kara Maoh! This...should give you an idea of how slowly Nagano works.

Neko_Oni
Regular Boarder

Neko_Oni

Online No
Level 19
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 190

2 years ago
Oh, and it looks like Nagano has taken to facebook along with Newtype for a contest of some sort. This is commemorate the 25th anniversary of the FSS and also for the upcoming movie. Looks like they're interested in finding out who everyone's favorite FSS characters are. I'm hearing something to do with card suites so wondering if he's not possibly making a card set. :3

stargazer713
the 0th Mirage Knight
Very Important Boarder

stargazer713

Online No
Level 24
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 402
Location デルタ・ベルン

2 years ago
That's great news! Honestly I didn't expect Gothicmade to come out this 'soon' haha xD

« Prev   1 2   Next »

Top ↑

Join the club to join the discussion.