purplelemon
Regular Boarder

purplelemon

Online No
Level 9
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 220

2 years ago
xcupidxstuntxWell, Richard and Flynn are my favourites, but Yuri, Luke, Asbel, etc, are all up there too xD. I wish I could afford all of it ;_; one day, maybe...one day xD Luke looks lonely in the cabinet with just Flynn and Duke for company - I can't wait for my other Alter figures *_*

I didn't care as much for Vesperia as a whole though I did love the characters! Though the game being a bit lackluster (to me) kinda killed them for me a little :(
But Abyss and Graces I LOOOVVVEEEDDD the storyline so I really love the characters XD
And Eternia for some reason. I loved Symphonia but mostly forget it now. Really gotta go back and replay!
And Symphonia 2!!

I can't afford the HUGE figures but they're soooooo awesome!!! I love them all! XD

OH well, apparently I DID win the Vol 2 box and Asch. I paid the proxy company for the auction prices and their cut, but the shipping is going to worry me to no end. I picked SAL... I hope it's okay. I know I've done that before but it's over $100 worth of merch, BEFORE shipping, so I'm really worried if it's not insured D: I've been having bad luck with these straps it seems, so I am really hoping nothing tragic befalls them *knock on computer!*

I am still not sure what to do about Ofuda. I kinda wanna just get a refund for Yuri and cut my losses with the extra extra Flynn since both Yuri and Jade are in the Vol 2 box I should be getting anyway... but if I don't get the Vol 2 box safe and sound, I'll be out a Yuri AND a Jade. :P
Getting to the post office to mail the Flynn back is gonna be a pain, esp since it was their fault to begin with! But I guess I'll just go about righting their mishap. Otherwise I probably WON'T get my Yahoo! Japan package, if I'm waiting for it specifically! D: Gah I have the worst luck T_T I really hope this all works out ^^; I won't feel safe til everything arrives in one piece :P

xcupidxstuntx
Regular Boarder

xcupidxstuntx

Online No
Level 18
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 1218
Location England

2 years ago
I need to finish Eternia *nod* I love Keele and Meredy and I really hope they do a strap or something of Meredy sometime, I haven't actually played Symphonia but from what I've seen of Kratos and Zelos I think they'd be my favourites xD

If you picked registered SAL you should be fine. It's usually a lot faster than you expect - My Flynn plush was registered SAL and got to England from Japan in six working days.
"Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone."
Updated 2 years ago #970641

purplelemon
Regular Boarder

purplelemon

Online No
Level 9
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 220

2 years ago
I love Eternia XD I need to finish Destiny, though all I have to do is find my way to the final boss. Thoguh I forget most of the game now, it's been so long ^^; so I probably should replay it. Meh!

I used to really like Kratos and Lloyd. I was mixed about Zelos, but he can be funny, esp in the Tales of skits they do for upcoming releases and what. Raine was good too, somewhat like Rita or Pascal, at least at times.

There are so many straps I want them to put out DX Hopefully there will be more volumes after 4! I hope they do the rest of Graces and at least Anise from Abyss. And Reid needs some Farah love :P OMG Harold and Marta though <3

And yeh I'm hoping. I dunno if it's registered because it doesn't say anything about tracking or insurance D: Since this is a proxy site they make you pay for everything, sometimes including the boxes they use if they don't have a used one that is a good size. They seem good though, otherwise, and it's only 5% of the actual price of the merchandise for the fee. I'll see about the shipping... I forget what I put down for the shipping for the Vol 4 box of straps. I might have put EMS, and there's no way to check/change it :P
I've noticed a lot of different sites use different prices for their shipping. Apparently there's SAL and registered SAL, but some places have SUPER expensive registered SAL. Some places don't offer the registered SAL at all, they just offer SAL and EMS, nothing inbetween. I've done small packet before from different places as well, but again, sometimes it's barely less than SAL or EMS, and sometimes EMS is ridiculously priced too. Well, EMS is usually always ridiculous, but sometimes it's listed only $10 and sometimes it's around $30+. I never buy huge items usually, so I really don't know.
Shipping is such a pain anywhere x-x

xcupidxstuntx
Regular Boarder

xcupidxstuntx

Online No
Level 18
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 1218
Location England

2 years ago
I really want to try Destiny but no EU localisation for us ¬.¬ I'm hoping maybe they'll port it to the PSP like Eternia or release it on the PSN (though it seems a lot of titles only the NA PSN get, or it takes months to come to us...I'd have thought it being digital would change that but apparently not...)

EMS is okay but "express" mail is charged an extra £5 handling at customs...which then makes the package late so it's hardly express any more (can you tell how much I hate customs?). I usually only use AmiAmi because I've had a good experience with them and when it's £50+ I don't really want to get scammed. They've started offering an airmail shipping option, too, which I'm going to try as the insurance covers Yuri's price and should take about two weeks provided customs doesn't bloody well interfere. I don't remember whether registered SAL was only tracked entering and leaving the country or not but it's usually surprisingly quick - AmiAmi said Flynn would take 3-6 weeks and he didn't even take a week =P You should be okay, I think.

Yeah, I've not used a shopping service yet. I was tempted by the Graces and Vesperia clear files but I don't think the price will be worth it. I'm kind of tempted by the Yuri ring and earrings but I can't remember my ring sizes, and I rarely change my earrings as it is so they'd probably rarely get worn...Of course I could just get my ears pierced a third time...Oooh...
"Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone."

purplelemon
Regular Boarder

purplelemon

Online No
Level 9
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 220

2 years ago
Maybe it's a copyright thing or something? I have no idea... D: You'd think once it's translated all they have to do is change the packaging depending on region.
I have a Magic Swap disc for my PS2 so it's pretty easy to play import games. I played all the PS2 KH games in Japanese. In fact, I played KH2 in Japanese before I played it in Eng. I have Tales of Fandom 2 which I loved, but the "story" part was completely lost on me.

I think with AmiAmi I ended up going with EMS... it's unclear of the prices when you preorder x_x I wonder if there is an option to change it later.
The boxes are terribly small though, and light also, so I'm hoping it won't be some ridiculous amount.
I think I do usually go with SAL. I have gotten registered when I can, not too bad, but for some reason not all places provide it. :P I REALLY wish I could track my Asch/Vol 2 box.
*knock on desk!!* lol

Oh I didn't know they sold them! XD I never really wear rings anymore. I like earrings though I'm always afraid of buying merch like that because I'm afraid to wear it and lose it.

Oh crap I might lose my job soon. The fiscal year starts July 1st. They just sent around a memo stating we aren't getting cost of living "increments" this upcoming fiscal year, and the health insurance went WAY up. We'll know who, if any, gets laid off in the next few weeks :\ I really really hope I'm not on the list, but if they are I think I will be one of the prime candidates :(
Which would suck because I ran up my credit card buying games and straps ^^;

xcupidxstuntx
Regular Boarder

xcupidxstuntx

Online No
Level 18
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 1218
Location England

2 years ago
I really don't know. I think they don't expect it to sell over here or something, even though gaming has a huge presence here - I don't know anyone under the age of 80 who doesn't own at least one gaming console. So instead people will pirate the games or mod their consoles illegally because not many people can afford to buy a second console when the PS1 and PS2 are region-locked, etc.

You can change the shipping option on AmiAmi at any time. I changed Luke's twice on the day of release to see how much cheaper SAL was than EMS :3

purplelemon
Regular Boarder

purplelemon

Online No
Level 9
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 220

2 years ago
The PS2 was pretty easy to unlock.
I was surprised. But I had a slim which is a lot easier.

The Tales series isn't as big in the US. It started out slow, and though I am thankful for the games they do release, I dunno why they keep putting out SOME but then skip others. Interest peters out if you don't have a constant presence :\
They could have rereleased the earlier games, and kept up with Destiny 2 and Rebirth, but I think because of the huge gap between Eternia and Symphonia, the earlier games were almost all but lost. Most people's knowledge starts with Symphonia. Legendia was a bomb IMO, but at least it came out here. I really am hoping for Xillia. They have been mostly good with releasing the console games, but I would greatly love to play Hearts in English.

Oh good, I'll have to check that out when I have more time :)

xcupidxstuntx
Regular Boarder

xcupidxstuntx

Online No
Level 18
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 1218
Location England

2 years ago
I still have the fat thing we bought about ten years ago xD I don't think they're easily modded and I don't really want to risk breaking it because it still works very well.

Tales isn't very well known here, either, though there are a lot of people who want to try it but can't because the games are so rare and expensive that they don't want to drop £50+ on a used game they're not sure they'll enjoy. I did my best when I worked in a video games store but you can't sell people a game you don't have in stock and can't guarantee a restock (we go 3 copies of Tales of the Abyss total, and weren't ever sent any more stock, neither did we get dummy boxes or any promotional material to advertise the game which doesn't help).

There should be an option after you've logged in to change payment method/shipping option/shipping address :)

purplelemon
Regular Boarder

purplelemon

Online No
Level 9
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 220

2 years ago
Yeh that one was a LOT harder. Something about a slide card or some junk. I voided my PS2 warranty but it worked like a dream other than a small bit of masking tape I had to shove so the connector would connect. It was a little bit too short :P

I'm not really sure how well-known it is here, since most of the people who like it either I got them into it, or met them online, where like people tend to meet up anyway lol
Although we have been getting most of the major console games lately, so that's a good sign, no?
I REALLY hope Graces did well enough that they are considering Xillia though. I am not sure how well Vesperia did (something tells me not so hotly, though there seem to be a lot of fans, so what do I know? XD ) but I know Abyss was very well received, as far as I can tell, and most people know of Symphonia at least. It's ashame about the earlier games, and most people don't seem to like going backward in the generations to play older games with crappier graphics. Me, I'll play anything in a series, if I love the series enough and it is good XD

Oh, Ofuda is awesome! They've already processed another "order" for me with the missing straps, and told me to reuse the box and the enclosed return label to ship back the extra Flynn :) Here's hoping that takes care of that!

And thanks for the info! I'll definitely see what I did with AmiAmi. I really can't remember... too many orders lately x_x lol I hope fromjapan.co.jp lets me change too, I THINK I did EMS on them for sure. I know they let you confirm the shipping, but they also say there is a 2000yen fee if you change it after they have it in their warehouse or have already begun processing it for shipment or something :P a bit steep!!

xcupidxstuntx
Regular Boarder

xcupidxstuntx

Online No
Level 18
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 1218
Location England

2 years ago
I dunno. I was hoping they will announce Xillia during their E3 stream but uh, so far the stream has been almost an hour and a half of the same four or five trailers looped over and over and about ten minutes of someone actually talking.

purplelemon
Regular Boarder

purplelemon

Online No
Level 9
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 220

2 years ago
Ugh what a pain!! D:
Although we did JUST get Graces T_T

OH I did do SAL Small Packet Registered. I hope the box is small enough.
Updated 2 years ago #971336

xcupidxstuntx
Regular Boarder

xcupidxstuntx

Online No
Level 18
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 1218
Location England

2 years ago
purplelemonUgh what a pain!! D:
Although we did JUST get Graces T_T

OH I did do SAL Small Packet Registered. I hope the box is small enough.

True, but announcing it wouldn't mean we'd get it before next year and all. Apparently they're announcing something at the Japan expo at the end of the month (not sure if that's UK or US. Would help if they said, really).

I think SAL goes up to...2KG or something? Which is a LOT. So you should be fine :3

purplelemon
Regular Boarder

purplelemon

Online No
Level 9
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 220

2 years ago
I hope it's Xillia XD
And Xillia 2 already? WTF man D:

I'm glad that's registered. Sometimes the SAL isn't but they don't give you the option to do registered. I like AmiAmi for that though :D

Still not sure about the auctions though, since FromJapan doesn't specify registered or what. I didn't do small packet because they said not to do it if your total was more then 6000yen. Mine was like, 9000yen :( So I just did regular SAL.
We'll see! I'm so anxious for Asch!!! Totally can't wait! It'll be longer though since I have to wait for them to get it from the sellers, then send to me.

xcupidxstuntx
Regular Boarder

xcupidxstuntx

Online No
Level 18
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 1218
Location England

2 years ago
I know, right? xD It's coming out in Japan so soon and all, too :O

Yeah, SAL isn't insured over 6000Y so EMS/Airmail it'll be. I think those go up to about 10,000Y or something...

purplelemon
Regular Boarder

purplelemon

Online No
Level 9
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 220

2 years ago
Guh Graces took so long to come out, I really hope Xillia comes outtttt! And 2, but hey XD

I just did SAL. Hopefully they'll have tracking at least!!

xcupidxstuntx
Regular Boarder

xcupidxstuntx

Online No
Level 18
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 1218
Location England

2 years ago
I'll just be happy if the next localisation comes to Europe before everything gets spoiled ¬.¬

SAL should be tracked a little bit. It's not as detailed as EMS but I at least had info of when my package left Japan and entered England, etc.

purplelemon
Regular Boarder

purplelemon

Online No
Level 9
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 220

2 years ago
There is a registered SAL and an unregistered SAL... but I dunno what the price diff or whatever is. Or at least some websites list two different ones. I don't order that often from Japan/Asia, usually on eBay where the prices are more or less set.

Ugh I wish they'd announce the prices for the Nendoroids. The pictures are ADORABLE, even uncolored D:

xcupidxstuntx
Regular Boarder

xcupidxstuntx

Online No
Level 18
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 1218
Location England

2 years ago
purplelemonThere is a registered SAL and an unregistered SAL... but I dunno what the price diff or whatever is. Or at least some websites list two different ones. I don't order that often from Japan/Asia, usually on eBay where the prices are more or less set.

Ugh I wish they'd announce the prices for the Nendoroids. The pictures are ADORABLE, even uncolored D:

I seem to remember that registered is around 500Y more expensive on AmiAmi :3

Yeah, me too :( I want all of them except Estelle so I might buy a full box if it's not too expensive, otherwise I'll just try and get Asbel, Sophie, Yuri, and Jude/Milla xD.

purplelemon
Regular Boarder

purplelemon

Online No
Level 9
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 220

2 years ago
A lot of the Nendos are around $50-60 but I dunno how popular they are, and some are only singles D: Though I did see a few sets. So I hope they don't go much more over! I'm definitely going to try and preorder them though, so I don't have to fight and hunt for them later.
Or pay out the nose (more than the original price, anyhow...) LOL

I even like Estelle! She was kinda boring as a character but not my least fav or anything and I think she's so adorable as a Nendo XD But I definitely want Asbel and Sophie, and Yuri! I really like Jude and Milla's designs so I really wouldn't mind having them either.

xcupidxstuntx
Regular Boarder

xcupidxstuntx

Online No
Level 18
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 1218
Location England

2 years ago
purplelemonA lot of the Nendos are around $50-60 but I dunno how popular they are, and some are only singles D: Though I did see a few sets. So I hope they don't go much more over! I'm definitely going to try and preorder them though, so I don't have to fight and hunt for them later.
Or pay out the nose (more than the original price, anyhow...) LOL

I even like Estelle! She was kinda boring as a character but not my least fav or anything and I think she's so adorable as a Nendo XD But I definitely want Asbel and Sophie, and Yuri! I really like Jude and Milla's designs so I really wouldn't mind having them either.

I think...usually Nendoroids have interchangeable heads, and come with a variety of items, whereas these seem to just be as they are so....hopefully they're cheaper xD I certainly can't afford to cough up £50ish for one. I'm hoping they'll only be around £15 each at most, and come out next year....

See....Estelle and me fell out over three hours of level/grade-grinding in the EX dungeon because her AI is SO. DAMN. STUPID. and used all my life bottles and then got herself killed. RAVEN IS A MUCH BETTER HEALER.

« Prev   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 20   Next »

Top ↑

Join the club to join the discussion.