Moderator + Puella Magi

OhnoRaptors

Online No
Level 48
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 1150

2 years ago
Under Construction~ (。◕‿◕。)

Eventually there will be a list of questions/answers here.
Also a place to ask questions if you have any!

If you have any suggestions for content just give me a heads up.
Or if you already have questions, feel free to ask early.

OhnoRaptors
[Cinderella Girl]
Moderator + Puella Magi

OhnoRaptors

Online No
Level 48
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 1150

2 years ago
http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/8238/20111009130605602.jpg
Updated 2 years ago #722942

mint
Regular Boarder

mint

Online No
Level 10
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 127
Location Australia

2 years ago
Oh my god, WHO is that?? Want want want XD

OhnoRaptors
[Cinderella Girl]
Moderator + Puella Magi

OhnoRaptors

Online No
Level 48
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 1150

2 years ago
First question, success!

It's Dollzone's Anson: (ext link)
One of the first dolls I saw after ignoring news/the community for a few years. Instantly fell in love.

mint
Regular Boarder

mint

Online No
Level 10
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 127
Location Australia

2 years ago
I know what you mean, she's stunning. *o*
Thanks for the link! I was expecting her to be some long sold-out exclusive. I almost wish she was... my poor wallet. orz

Vjii
Regular Boarder

Vjii

Online No
Level 11
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 11
Location Sweden

2 years ago
I have a question regarding some eyes.... For a dollfie,,, what difference does the eye sizes make?
like for example 20cm, 22cm and 24cm?

OhnoRaptors
[Cinderella Girl]
Moderator + Puella Magi

OhnoRaptors

Online No
Level 48
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 1150

2 years ago
Just how they look on the doll. The smaller the eye size, the more white is visible in the eye. ^^ Each size of doll has one or two eye sizes that are preferred and most used.

FgrClctn
Regular Boarder

FgrClctn

Online No
Level 14
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 14
Location Californi...

2 years ago
Still new to this...spent some hours in between work looking for 1/3 scale furniture. Bought the wooden chairs offered by Volks to arrive this week, and the sofas look interesting, but there doesn't seem to be much else. I'm not averse to building stuff, but if any of you know of sources you like, please provide a link. Thanks!

Singer_Yuna
All along the Watchtower ♪

Singer_Yuna

Online No
Level 25
Joined 5 years ago
Post(s) 720
Location ♥ Abyss o...

2 years ago
I've got another question... is about a store, but I can't put there because the only thing I know is the name "Baby, The Stars Shine Bright", and the acronym BTSSB... it is a lolita (human size) store, but I've seen also some doll clothes and I can't find them in their webshop...so my question... where to buy BTSSB 1/3 scaled outfits?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v195/Singer_Yuna/tsukibanblu.jpg

OhnoRaptors
[Cinderella Girl]
Moderator + Puella Magi

OhnoRaptors

Online No
Level 48
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 1150

2 years ago
Almost all of the official BTSSB clothing was a collaboration with Volks. Usually sold for special events, so you would need to find it second hand.

There are several stores that use their designs, though. Here is a big ol' list of stores. (ext link) Are you looking for a specific outfit?

Aqua
Regular Boarder

Aqua

Online Yes
Level 16
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 10
Location Canada

2 years ago
I wanted a bjd ever since I saw them way back during my first year of highschool. Now I think it is finally the perfect time to get one but I'm stuck on which doll to get. Recently I was drawn into an angell-studio doll, a user posted pictures of their AS Cinderella on figure.fm, and she was so absolutely precious. Going to the site, I love both Cinderella's and Kana's sculpt but every newbie guide I've read says 'that research is very important before buying a doll'. But after looking up the site, AS is not as popular as Volks or Luts dolls are, so should that stop me from buying from them? It seems that the gold mine of information is on DoA but most of the forums are restricted to members only and with google I can't find a lot of customized AS dolls on Flickr. Before I buy from them, is there any other sites that you would recommend?

AS Kana - (ext link)

AS Cinderella - (ext link)
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/Aqua-Varina/aqua.jpg

OhnoRaptors
[Cinderella Girl]
Moderator + Puella Magi

OhnoRaptors

Online No
Level 48
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 1150

2 years ago
I've heard good things about them (and have considered buying a doll from them as well). Research is important so you find your ideal doll, since there are so many companies and variants out there now. So there is no reason not to buy from AS if you found a doll you love. ^^ Just make sure that everything is what you want (like type of body, etc) over other types of dolls. Some DoA forums are viewable to non-members, and I've looked over (ext link) to look over opinions. That and flickr are my go to for looking up information, but there are also other doll forums besides DoA if you have specific questions.
Updated 2 years ago #1025220

Aqua
Regular Boarder

Aqua

Online Yes
Level 16
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 10
Location Canada

2 years ago
Thanks so much for the info OhnoRaptors, it's truly helpful!
I've decided to go with Kana. So now is the dreaded waiting period, I would've thought that all this practice waiting for figures would have at least helped but I simply can't wait. D:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/Aqua-Varina/aqua.jpg

gneaux1
Regular Boarder

gneaux1

Online No
Level 5
Joined 6 months ago
Post(s) 3

6 months ago
i dont know if anyone would respond to this, how it has been a year since last post.. however, im new to dollfie/obitsu stuff, and was wondering about some basics for customization, just where to get nice clothes, how to detail lifelike hair, etc... waiting for monday to pick up my first obitsu from post office and want to turn it into Alita from Battle Angel Alita... hopes to hear back from u guys :D

Top ↑

Join the club to join the discussion.