Figure shop and site reviewFigure shop and site reviewThis club is for discussion and shop & site related questions.

meteorstormed
Regular Boarder

meteorstormed

Online No
Level 19
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 150
Location USA

2 years ago
I'm very happy with Hobby Search! My experiences with them, few as they might be compared to HLJ or Mandarake, have been extremely nice. Got all my orders in great condition and haven't had any problems yet. I do admit, I wish their front pages would be a little more accurate (for example, I didn't know the Scorpio Zodiarts ever came IN there because it never showed up on their front page or the front page of the mecha section), but otherwise, it's a great store.

aeonblue (2 years ago)Does anyone know if there's anything special about HS's new wishlist system? For example, if they send you emails if something new happens to an item you add into your wishlist?
Oh, that would be fantastic to know.

If you're interested in that kind of feature, though, have you heard of FigInStock? They offer the same kind of thing for a few sites, HS being one of them.

aeonblue
Very Important Boarder

aeonblue

Online No
Level 28
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 1602
Location Australia

2 years ago
No I haven't. What is this magical FigInStock you speak of? :3

meteorstormed
Regular Boarder

meteorstormed

Online No
Level 19
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 150
Location USA

2 years ago
Right here:

(ext link)

You can put in items that are listed on AmiAmi, HLJ, and HS, and when they come in stock (or in the case of HLJ and AA, when you can backorder them too), you'll get an e-mail right away. It's really useful.

aeonblue
Very Important Boarder

aeonblue

Online No
Level 28
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 1602
Location Australia

2 years ago
Where have you been all my life? If only I knew this sooner. I'm still bummed that I missed out on HS's Alter Naoe restock last week. How was I supposed to know that they restocked awesome figures? :<

Anyway, thank you so much!

meteorstormed
Regular Boarder

meteorstormed

Online No
Level 19
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 150
Location USA

2 years ago
No problem! It's a great tool to have with timezones and all, so best of luck to you.

MsNix
Regular Boarder

MsNix

Online No
Level 16
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 92
Location Albion, V...

2 years ago
meteorstormed (2 years ago)
have you heard of FigInStock? They offer the same kind of thing for a few sites, HS being one of them.

This is an awesome tool It is invaluable. I have gotten hold of a fair few figures using this.

Orni
Regular Boarder

Orni

Online No
Level 13
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 28
Location France

2 years ago
Hi guys,

I'm the owner of FigInStock. I am very happy that the site helps you. Feel free to send me a PM if you have problems!

Have fun and thank you for using FigInStock !

aeonblue
Very Important Boarder

aeonblue

Online No
Level 28
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 1602
Location Australia

2 years ago
Orni (2 years ago)Hi guys,

I'm the owner of FigInStock. I am very happy that the site helps you. Feel free to send me a PM if you have problems!

Have fun and thank you for using FigInStock !

Thank you for creating such a convenient tool! I've already flooded mine with different shop items and haven't even started on the Mandarake notifications.

-end of going off topic for me-

SilentReaper
Regular Boarder

SilentReaper

Online No
Level 12
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 6
Location Earth

1 year ago
How long does it usually take Hobby Search to ship an in stock item? I ordered a bargain in stock item about 2 days ago and its still in "Processing shipment" status, do they hold in stock orders to the end of the month too?

Wildstar
Very Important Boarder

Wildstar

Online No
Level 18
Joined 6 years ago
Post(s) 599
Location Portugal

1 year ago
They often take more than 2 days, especially if they're busy (which is happening now, I think, with all the popular releases this week).
Japanese radishes are usually attached to the secret in substitution for the weapon of the version.

meteorstormed
Regular Boarder

meteorstormed

Online No
Level 19
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 150
Location USA

1 year ago
Ah, got a question here. When a preordered item comes in, is it charged for automatically, or do you get an invoice or something that asks you to pay up within a time limit like AmiAmi?

Wildstar
Very Important Boarder

Wildstar

Online No
Level 18
Joined 6 years ago
Post(s) 599
Location Portugal

1 year ago
I suppose you'll be charged automatically if you signed up for that Paypal "thingy". Otherwise, they should send you an e-mail. However, sometimes this fails, so if you notice your item's in stock just log in to your account and there should be a "pay now" button (or something like that) next to your order.
Japanese radishes are usually attached to the secret in substitution for the weapon of the version.

meteorstormed
Regular Boarder

meteorstormed

Online No
Level 19
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 150
Location USA

1 year ago
Wildstar (1 year ago)I suppose you'll be charged automatically if you signed up for that Paypal "thingy". Otherwise, they should send you an e-mail. However, sometimes this fails, so if you notice your item's in stock just log in to your account and there should be a "pay now" button (or something like that) next to your order.
Well, I use a credit card, so would I get an e-mail then?

Wildstar
Very Important Boarder

Wildstar

Online No
Level 18
Joined 6 years ago
Post(s) 599
Location Portugal

1 year ago
As I said, they're supposed to send you an e-mail, but on a couple of occasions they didn't send me any. Just log in to your account and if any of your orders' available, there should be a button to pay for it.

Muntoe

Muntoe

Online No
Level 41
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 2276
Location United St...

1 year ago
In general unless you are signed up for automatic payments you should receive a notice from them saying something like "Your ID # order is ready!" I have never NOT received an email from AmiAmi when it comes time to pay but just to be safe if you're very concerned check your account like Wildstar said.

SaRu
893 image not found

SaRu

Online No
Level 29
Joined 5 years ago
Post(s) 2244
Location Yorozuya ...

1 year ago
meteorstormed (1 year ago)Well, I use a credit card, so would I get an e-mail then?Credit Card they charge you automatically, unless they have a problem with the cc they'll send you an email asking to change the cc or payment method.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/SoulTaker06/Firmas/f3n.png http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/SoulTaker06/Firmas/d_03.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/SoulTaker06/s.png 釘パンチ~!!

meteorstormed
Regular Boarder

meteorstormed

Online No
Level 19
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 150
Location USA

1 year ago
Those are some... pretty drastically different answers! I'll just cross my fingers for the "send an e-mail first" one to be right, I guess.

On that note, does the site ever allow items to be cancelled past the initial week if you e-mail them about it? I have a really hefty November order, and there's one item I'm not too keen on that I'd rather drop to save money than get just because I thought I could get it (before other stuff was announced), but if I'm stuck with it I'm stuck with it I guess.

SaRu
893 image not found

SaRu

Online No
Level 29
Joined 5 years ago
Post(s) 2244
Location Yorozuya ...

1 year ago
meteorstormed (1 year ago)Those are some... pretty drastically different answers! I'll just cross my fingers for the "send an e-mail first" one to be right, I guess.

On that note, does the site ever allow items to be cancelled past the initial week if you e-mail them about it? I have a really hefty November order, and there's one item I'm not too keen on that I'd rather drop to save money than get just because I thought I could get it (before other stuff was announced), but if I'm stuck with it I'm stuck with it I guess.
I've always payed via Credit Card in Hobby Search and I only receive these 2 emails
[HOBBY SEARCH] Notice of your reserved item in stock
...after 2 days
[HOBBY SEARCH] Shipment Notice

I've never canceled anything after the cancellation period ended so.. I'm not sure. They're very strict w/ that.
Cancellation Rule.. here (ext link)
maybe you should email them asking if you can cancel it..??
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/SoulTaker06/Firmas/f3n.png http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/SoulTaker06/Firmas/d_03.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/SoulTaker06/s.png 釘パンチ~!!

meteorstormed
Regular Boarder

meteorstormed

Online No
Level 19
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 150
Location USA

1 year ago
SaRu (1 year ago)meteorstormed (1 year ago)Those are some... pretty drastically different answers! I'll just cross my fingers for the "send an e-mail first" one to be right, I guess.

I've always payed via Credit Card in Hobby Search and I only receive these 2 emails
[HOBBY SEARCH] Notice of your reserved item in stock
...after 2 days
[HOBBY SEARCH] Shipment Notice

I've never canceled anything after the cancellation period ended so.. I'm not sure. They're very strict w/ that.
Cancellation Rule.. here (ext link)
maybe you should email them asking if you can cancel it..??

Hmmmm, yeah, I guess I can just live with the item since it looks like it's a big deal - I may e-mail them asking about how they handle the preorders if that's how they work though.

Muntoe

Muntoe

Online No
Level 41
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 2276
Location United St...

1 year ago
I'm sorry, I was thinking about AmiAmi haha xD You can tell I'm back in school, all frazzled -_- Saru is indeed right.

« Prev   1 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 50   Next »

Top ↑

Join the club to join the discussion.