Figure shop and site reviewFigure shop and site reviewThis club is for discussion and shop & site related questions.

escape_rope
Very Important Boarder

escape_rope

Online No
Level 40
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 5220
Location Finland

2 years ago
wingman13 (2 years ago)Gift/Personal payments can be refunded. I have friends send me money they owe me as Gift all the time. The only thing is you can't do a partial refund and can only refund the full amount.
oh, now I remember. Thanks!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/alecless2/f.png

My Group Orders !

Sakarii
Regular Boarder

Sakarii

Online No
Level 11
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 90
Location United St...

2 years ago
escape_rope (2 years ago)I don't know if I should use FromJapan or Yokatta to bid an auction (Not Y!J auction). My max. bid for this item would be around 2,500-3,000 yen.

Yokatta needs only 50% deposit of the max. bid while FJ 100%. Also, if I don't win the auction FJ said that my money can't be refunded to my PP. The money would go to my FJ point funds and I'm not 100% sure how those points work.

If you bid with FJ, it's probably better to use a CC for bidding since you said the money can't be refunded to your PP. CC deposits allow refunds; the card with get charged, but only for a limited time and the charge will be taken off. You can only refund 100% of your deposit, but if you need more money to bid you'll have it instantly with a CC even before it gets charged.

As for the points, I don't know with PP if they will give you the same amount of points, but I doubt it. You get, I think, 1 point for every 100 yen? So, with 3000 yen, you're looking about about 300 points(?) which work as yen. If they do it the normal way, it seems you lose with going the PP route since you would still have to pay for the item out of your pocket. But, I would ask about the points part and see if how much points you'll get.

I hope that helps in some way. I've never used PP with FJ.
Updated 2 years ago #1028635

Gauenara
Regular Boarder

Gauenara

Online No
Level 21
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 242
Location Spain

2 years ago
Ipay always with PP cause my bank charges more for the exchange. They give the same amount of points that paying with CC and is 1 point for every 1000yen, so you pay 3000 yen for a figure and they give you 3 points (a complete shit XD)

darkfroggy
Regular Boarder

darkfroggy

Online No
Level 10
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 78

2 years ago
escape_rope (2 years ago)I don't know if I should use FromJapan or Yokatta to bid an auction (Not Y!J auction). My max. bid for this item would be around 2,500-3,000 yen.

Yokatta needs only 50% deposit of the max. bid while FJ 100%. Also, if I don't win the auction FJ said that my money can't be refunded to my PP. The money would go to my FJ point funds and I'm not 100% sure how those points work. On the other hand, Yokatta usually want their customers to send the money as a gift and I don't think you can refund gifts --> they would need to send the money back and I'm sure I'll have to be the one paying the PP fees. However, Yokatta seems to charge 700 yen + 10% per auction while FJ seems to be way cheaper(?) However, Yokatta could ship this item via unreg. SAL and with FJ I'd need to go with registered.

I don't bid very often so help is appreaciated!

I don't know why FJ doesn't allow refunds back to PP. PP allows the merchant the option to refund partial/full payment back to the buyer.

FromJapan would seem slightly cheaper with only 5% commission, whereas Yokatta is 700 + 10%.

I would say the price difference would not be too drastic since the unregistered SAL savings sort of make up for Yokatta's higher cost. But, I suppose you get peace of mind? (If your postal service is sketchy)

Use which one you like. I personally use Yokatta out of tradition (they've yet to let me down).

escape_rope
Very Important Boarder

escape_rope

Online No
Level 40
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 5220
Location Finland

2 years ago
I went with FJ 'cause I happened to find the same item on Y!J with "buy it now" price so I now I don't have to worry about refunds and such 'cause I know I'm getting the item for sure. FJ bids right after you submit the order if you choose to bid "real-time" so I won the auction already :D

@Gauenara: I tested adding funds with my visa electron and everything went smootly. Thanks for the tip!

My Group Orders !

Updated 2 years ago #1029118

Gauenara
Regular Boarder

Gauenara

Online No
Level 21
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 242
Location Spain

2 years ago
You're welcome! I'm glad to help ^_^

Very Important Boarder

Online No
Level 28
Joined 5 years ago
Post(s) 296
Location Melbourne...

2 years ago
If you add deposit via Paypal, all of it or whatever leftover amount will get refunded to you in 7 days.

escape_rope
Very Important Boarder

escape_rope

Online No
Level 40
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 5220
Location Finland

2 years ago
About FromJapan:

I wasn't sure if the seller of the auction item I bought shipped it in a cardboard box so I contacted FJ and they said they'll let me know. However, that was more than a day ago but I still haven't heard from them. Can it really take more than a day to get the info from shipping department?

Also, I once asked here if combining orders for international shipping would lead to paying that extra 500 yen (for a new cardboard box) and someone said no. Well, if my item didn't come with packaging that's suitable for international shipping will they charge the 500 yen if I get the item shipped alone?
And how does the shipping exactly works when you want them to ship many items together, and if items were originally from different stores or auction sellers. For example, let's say I ordered a book that was shipped to FJ in a bubble envelope, then I have another order from a different store and it contains one tea cup shipped in a small cardboard box. Then they're both finally in stock at FJ and I'd like to get them shipped together but if I combine these will I have to pay for the new cardboard box? The book and the tea cup don't fit both in the small cardboard box that came with the cup and the bubble envelope is not an option for ceramics.
If the situation is this and they don't charge me for the new box is it because they can use the tea cup's shipping box later for someone else's order?

I know I may be thinking things too much .___. but this extra 500 yen fee really bothers me as I don't know when it applies.

My Group Orders !

Updated 2 years ago #1040773

Gauenara
Regular Boarder

Gauenara

Online No
Level 21
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 242
Location Spain

2 years ago
I can tell you about my experience here. Up to date I never got charged that extra 500 for a new box. I always combine orders from different sellers as much as I can but keeping it shippable by small packet. I choose always their regular packing and what they do is keep the bubblewrap that original seller used if any and put them all in one box, lately with paper filling too. The boxes were always re-used (and not always too thick), but again never charged me for the new box.

About the book, didn't the seller say in the auction how was sending the book? Maybe they will tell you when they receive the item?

escape_rope
Very Important Boarder

escape_rope

Online No
Level 40
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 5220
Location Finland

2 years ago
@Gauenara: Thank you!

As for that book & tea cup order, it was just an example I came up. I wrote "let's say that ordered a book that.."

But I really did order a mug from Y!J and I'm not sure how it was shipped. I chose the cheapest method but a day later I noticed the seller's cheapest option was to send it with bubble wrap only so I contacted FJ if they could tell the seller to use a more expensive shippping method with some cardboard. FJ said they can try to contact the seller. Well, now the mug is in stock but I have no idea how it was shipped. That's why I asked FJ to check out the mug, whether it's in a box or not and is it suitable for international shipping as it is now.

My Group Orders !

Gauenara
Regular Boarder

Gauenara

Online No
Level 21
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 242
Location Spain

2 years ago
Well, I asked once to measure me a mug set, and they told me it was impossible because their warehouse is in another place... so if when you asked them, the seller already sent you the mug, I'm afraid you won't know how the mug was shipped... :/

You can have an idea maybe for how much you paid for the domestic shipping? Anyway, I can't imagine a Japanese seller shipping a mug without a box, they even sent me the straps with the gashapon eggs XD

escape_rope
Very Important Boarder

escape_rope

Online No
Level 40
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 5220
Location Finland

2 years ago
But I contacted FJ and they said they'll contact the shipping department and let me know about my mug. That was 2 days ago and I haven't hear anything yet.
And I don't know how much the domestic shipping was, that's the problem. There were 2 options and I have no idea which one they used in the end. Not to mention I'm not even sure if the more expensive method included a cardboard box or not. The options were 1) simple packaging bubble wrap 2) strength complement of cardboard placed (with google translate). I'm surprised as well that the bubble wrap option even was there o.o
And I don't think you know the domestic shipping for sure until Charge 2, right?

My Group Orders !

Updated 2 years ago #1041074

Gauenara
Regular Boarder

Gauenara

Online No
Level 21
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 242
Location Spain

2 years ago
Yeah, sometimes translations are weird... it's rare they send a mug just in bubblewrap but possible??

And if you look into the item details you can see the transfer fee and domestic shipping charge. They reflect it in the moment they pay the seller, so if you can't see it, there's 2 options: They still didn't pay the seller or it will be COD.
Updated 2 years ago #1041085

escape_rope
Very Important Boarder

escape_rope

Online No
Level 40
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 5220
Location Finland

2 years ago
It's really rare not to use a box for fragile items in Japan :|

And thanks again, now I've found it. I think I clicked the details earlier but all that info wasn't there yet. Maybe the mug wasn't in stock when I did that.
Looks like they went with the more expensive shipping like I requested. Now the question is was there a cardboard box or just some pieces of it <-- that's what they're finding out now, I suppose.

My Group Orders !

Gauenara
Regular Boarder

Gauenara

Online No
Level 21
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 242
Location Spain

2 years ago
If earlier wasn't the data, probably they paid for your mug today.
But, your mug already arrived to FJ warehouse? Because for what I can read it arrived, but it seems rare they didn't add the shipping costs info earlier....

grahamaker
Regular Boarder

grahamaker

Online No
Level 16
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 138

2 years ago
I prefer yokatta over anyone else

darkfroggy
Regular Boarder

darkfroggy

Online No
Level 10
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 78

2 years ago
grahamaker (2 years ago)I prefer yokatta over anyone else

Mind telling me what makes Yokatta better than the rest?

I'm not saying it isn't, but it's always good to hear more opinions.

I love Yokatta too (for their reliability); I'm just trying to gauge the pro/cons of different proxies.
Updated 2 years ago #1058994

WindsorSeven
Very Important Boarder

WindsorSeven

Online No
Level 30
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 1989
Location New Engla...

2 years ago
^ I'm not the one you asked, but I used Yokatta once. I find them a little expensive, but their customer service is top notch, and they always reply to your emails really quickly. I guess you're paying for that lol.
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/urmom45_2006/utaprinewsigsig.png

escape_rope
Very Important Boarder

escape_rope

Online No
Level 40
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 5220
Location Finland

2 years ago
FromJapan apparently forgot to email me back so I contacted them again about my order. I asked them to check whether or not my item (the mug) came with a box that's suited for international shipping as well. This was their reply, I'm happy they explained the extra 500 yen fee thing too:

FJWe have checked the item, it would seem that it is not the case that it is impossible to send by itself. But we would advise the item to be placed in another box. If you select normal packaging on the shipping instructions, we shall do this for free (however if we do not have the right size box, we may have to charge 500 yen for using a new box).

My Group Orders !

RayLancer
Regular Boarder

RayLancer

Online No
Level 8
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 10
Location Californi...

2 years ago
I am wanting to bid on a Weiss Schwarz deck someone is selling on Yahoo Auction. I am unsure if I should go with Yokatta or From Japan. If the winning bid is 5500 yen, I am looking at 7450 yen before shipping to me via Yokatta. I am looking at 8040 yen with SAL shipping to me via From Japan . It may be cheaper from From Japan since it's only like 50 cards but I can't get figure out to use grams instead of kilogram on their estimator.
Updated 2 years ago #1063311

« Prev   1 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 55   Next »

Top ↑

Join the club to join the discussion.