Figure Site and Shop ForumFigure Site and Shop ForumThis club is for discussion and shop & site related questions.

aracowa
Regular Boarder

aracowa

Online No
Level 5
Joined 1 year ago
Post(s) 2
Location Philippin...

5 months ago
Hey can someone help me figure out the actual transaction fee and service fee of Proxy Rabbit Japan? I emailed them about it but they just sent me back to the link below.

I decided to try them because their fees seem one of the lowest.

Service fee only 5% of the total amount of your order(s)
Transaction Fee (currency exchange) depends on the payment method you choose - PayPal : regular fee + 0.75%.

What do they use in the "total amount of your order" (do they include int'l shipping + tracking there?). How about in the "regular fee"? I tried to break down the fees they gave me, but I cannot account for some 200 or so yen. As I said earlier they were not helpful via email.
Updated 5 months ago #20125321

SMJ
Regular Boarder

SMJ

Online No
Level 7
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 32

5 months ago
Say you buy something that's 10,000 yen. 5% = 500 yen + service fee $3.00ish + 2.75% transaction fee. Say your total invoice is 11,500 yen, 2.75 % of that is 316 yen. Total fees = 1116 yen. I think I have that right.

SMJ's fee = $4.00 So there's that.

debinoresu
Regular Boarder

debinoresu

Online No
Level 14
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 112
Location Owasso, O...

5 months ago
thought id talk about zenmarket really quick now that ive used them. absolutely great for auction items since they use an automated bidder, zenmarket is definitely my proxy of choice for YJA. however if you want them to buy anything from an online store, say a secondhand store, get ready to wait potentially three or four days for them to finally get it ordered. im still waiting for an item to get ordered and just praying it doesnt sell out by the time they finally look at it lmao... id use a different proxy for non yja anything.

BloodyEarth
Regular Boarder

BloodyEarth

Online No
Level 16
Joined 5 years ago
Post(s) 8

4 months ago
Seriously J-Subculture? Put all the increased fees aside, I had some of the orders I ordered before the renewal. So apparently, you have to become a BUSINESS USER in order to devalue!

If not, you can only devalue 30% of the actual price. For example, if you bought something worth 10000 Yen, and you are not a BUSINESS USER, you can only devalue the item to 7000 Yen.

WOW. Okay, this is my LAST time using their service. Never again. I rather go back to FJ, and it's even cheaper.

debinoresu
Regular Boarder

debinoresu

Online No
Level 14
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 112
Location Owasso, O...

4 months ago
thought id mention im still waiting for that item to be purchased.. approaching a week since i requested it be purchased lmao... @zenmarket wyd

SMJ
Regular Boarder

SMJ

Online No
Level 7
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 32

4 months ago
We can go as low as 1/3 of actual value for anyone. So 30,000 yen...we can lower to around 10,000 yen.

TiggerShark
Regular Boarder

TiggerShark

Online No
Level 13
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 170
Location Finland

4 months ago
What places other than Big in Japan do forwarding :D? Looking for some place with reliable service and sensible fees (+postage, of course). I've not had a chance to try many other than BiJ and... Treasure Japan, I think, once. I believe BiJ charges between 500-1000 yen (+shipping) for forwarding, so something along those lines.

whiterabbit
Regular Boarder + Partner

whiterabbit

Online No
Level 9
Joined 1 year ago
Post(s) 25
Location Tokyo, Ja...

4 months ago
TiggerShark (4 months ago) #21457206What places other than Big in Japan do forwarding :D? Looking for some place with reliable service and sensible fees (+postage, of course). I've not had a chance to try many other than BiJ and... Treasure Japan, I think, once. I believe BiJ charges between 500-1000 yen (+shipping) for forwarding, so something along those lines.
We're recently launched our revamped forwarding service Blackship and aim to be the best value around. You can find out more here: [ext link ]

You can PM us or email Blackship if you have any questions!
Updated 4 months ago #21474620

TiggerShark
Regular Boarder

TiggerShark

Online No
Level 13
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 170
Location Finland

3 months ago
whiterabbit (4 months ago) #21474620TiggerShark (4 months ago) #21457206What places other than Big in Japan do forwarding :D? Looking for some place with reliable service and sensible fees (+postage, of course). I've not had a chance to try many other than BiJ and... Treasure Japan, I think, once. I believe BiJ charges between 500-1000 yen (+shipping) for forwarding, so something along those lines.
We're recently launched our revamped forwarding service Blackship and aim to be the best value around. You can find out more here: [ext link ]

I'm giving it a try, so here's hoping it goes well :P. The actual parcel is still probably ways off; I believe the last I heard the estimated delivery time was in July.

whiterabbit
Regular Boarder + Partner

whiterabbit

Online No
Level 9
Joined 1 year ago
Post(s) 25
Location Tokyo, Ja...

3 months ago
TiggerShark (3 months ago) #21505347whiterabbit (4 months ago) #21474620TiggerShark (4 months ago) #21457206What places other than Big in Japan do forwarding :D? Looking for some place with reliable service and sensible fees (+postage, of course). I've not had a chance to try many other than BiJ and... Treasure Japan, I think, once. I believe BiJ charges between 500-1000 yen (+shipping) for forwarding, so something along those lines.

I'm giving it a try, so here's hoping it goes well :P. The actual parcel is still probably ways off; I believe the last I heard the estimated delivery time was in July.

Thanks for trying us out!

Sekhmet
Killing Stalking
Regular Boarder

Sekhmet

Online No
Level 24
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 574
Location Otabek's ...

3 months ago
This is a just in case thing for now......

I am looking for someone who is going to AX and would be willing to buy a couple posters and get two autographs for me at the Lezhin Comics booth. My friend is currently going to that booth but they haven't announced the purchase limit yet or if there is a limit on autographs. She is already getting the autographs and the same posters as I would like so in the event that they limit these to one per person, I'd like to see if someone could get those for me. Again, I am not sure of this will be necessary yet but I'd just like to be prepared as I am super desperate for the posters and autographs :'(
*Discounted all my scale figures (mfc link) for sale & offer free shipping as of 08/06*

~Current Sales List~

Hunted nendo parts (mfc link)

+Forever looking for the just the cases/boxes for Princess Resurrection & Blood+ Vol.1 English DVD releases+

*Still freaking out about SUPER LOVERS anime coming to America*

feuilgarde
Regular Boarder

feuilgarde

Online No
Level 9
Joined 10 months ago
Post(s) 34
Location Switzerla...

3 months ago
UPDATE 9 June: This has been resolved.

---

Does anyone have experience with JPN-Depot ([ext link ]) as a proxy service? My friends and I placed a group order for Suruga-ya with them because I had heard good things about them regarding both forwarding and proxy service. The thing is, there's hardly been any communication from them, and we have never received any personal response. (We did make sure to mention our order number when contacting them.)

The only thing left now is shipping the order from JPN-Depot to us, but there are pending questions on our part; namely, they still have a surplus from us because the amount of money from the Suruga-ya order (according to JPN-Depot's bill to us) differs from the amount of money JPN-Depot actually charged us for the items alone, partly (but not only) due to items that have gone out of stock. We're unsure how to proceed at this point.

Timeline:

19 May:
- We sent in the proxy form for the Suruga-ya goods.
- We sent in a contact form to clarify that we would like to undervalue the parcel (we didn't know at the time that there'd be a separate form for that later on).

20 May:
- We paid JPN-Depot for the Suruga-ya order, but noticed afterwards that one item was out of stock. JPN-Depot charged us for that anyway.
- We sent in a contact form to notify them about that.

22 May:
- JPN-Depot placed the Suruga-ya order.

05 June:
- The Suruga-ya items arrived at JPN-Depot. We got a form for shipping method and undervaluing. In the form, we saw that another item had gone out of stock.
- We filled out the form and added a note to ask for them to remove some padding, since we were slightly above 2kg (limit for SAL shipping) and wanted to use SAL.
- We didn't mention the issue with the surplus again, because 1) we were still waiting for a statement on the message from 20 May, where one item had gone out of stock, 2) we assumed JPN-Depot would subtract it from the shipping, as their forms clearly showed us that two items were out of stock.

08 June:
- JPN-Depot sent us the payment request for the shipping to us. As requested, they've removed the padding to make the parcel SAL-able.
- The payment request does not mention anything about the surplus (two items out of stock + general difference in what they billed us, with or without out of stock items).

We are aware that Suruga-ya has short sales, but what JPN-Depot charged us was more than even the full price, not counting the handling fee. We're sending in another contact form now to ask about the surplus before paying for shipping, but as they haven't even replied to the one from 20 May, we feel like chances are slim that they'll respond now. I know we're not without fault as we were new to the proxy service and things weren't entirely clear to us, but we didn't think that JPN-Depot would overcharge us.

Does anyone have any advice for us, or have you used JPN-Depot's proxy service lately? Did you get any personal reply, especially to contact forms?

Any input would be much appreciated! ;_;
Updated 3 months ago #21902593

mangetsu
Very Important Boarder

mangetsu

Online No
Level 22
Joined 8 years ago
Post(s) 13

3 months ago
feuilgarde (3 months ago) #21902593snip
They did answer my contact form requests conserning some simple shipping questions or question about their services rules in general. But like you I have one problematic pending order with them (paid preorder) and they don't answer my contact form requests on that order since middle-May.
They do process my other non-problematic orders at the same time though.
Updated 3 months ago #21904768

feuilgarde
Regular Boarder

feuilgarde

Online No
Level 9
Joined 10 months ago
Post(s) 34
Location Switzerla...

3 months ago
mangetsu (3 months ago) #21904768They did answer my contact form requests conserning some simple shipping questions or question about their services rules in general. But like you I have one problematic pending order with them (paid preorder) and they don't answer my contact form requests on that order since middle-May.
They do process my other non-problematic orders at the same time though.

Ugh I see. I'm sorry to hear about your order, but thanks for letting us know that this is happening to others too. It's been confusing me that they process some things while seemingly completely ignoring others.

I saw that they've added an info box above their contact form to say that they're having delays since the beginning of May, which might still last for a while. I guess we'll wait with payment for a while longer and see what happens, since there isn't a deadline for the final payment request (just the deadline for 30 days of storage).

Emillia
Regular Boarder

Emillia

Online No
Level 10
Joined 1 year ago
Post(s) 54
Location Australia

3 months ago

I've used them pretty regularly for probably 6-8 months. They were always fine but I've started having an issue with them as well recently. I asked them to buy a Yahoo Auctions item they ended up not getting. Reason I asked them even though their auction system isn't the best is because it was a seller who won't deal with proxies, and in the past I have actually been able to use JPN-depot to get an item from a seller on Yahoo Auctions who wouldn't deal with proxies, so I figured I'd try my luck again. Anyway, for whatever reason this time the sale didn't go through, eventually the item sold and the funds went into a deposit on my account. Problem is I can't use that money for anything besides another Yahoo Auctions request, and I can't put in a request for a refund through the site. I've asked them several times for the money and they just keep ignoring me, even though they've been processing other shipment requests etc. for other items I've had come in. At this point, I'm probably going to clear out the last couple of items I have in storage with them and then put in a dispute with Paypal to get the Yahoo Auctions money back, as it's already been a good month or two. They might end up banning me, which would suck as their service is kind of perfect for me, especially with all their shipping options (no issues mailing stuff with unreg sal or unreg airmail, unlike most other places), but I don't know what else to do at this point, unless I just ask them to buy something else on Yahoo Auctions, lol, but then they're really forcing me to let them keep that money, and I don't feel too comfortable about that. I'm not sure if they're being deliberately shady or if they're just overworked and don't have time to respond to customer requests beyond basic 'please ship my item' stuff, but it's very disappointing.

Emillia
Regular Boarder

Emillia

Online No
Level 10
Joined 1 year ago
Post(s) 54
Location Australia

3 months ago

As to advice on how to handle the situation, well, this is just imo so of course use your own judgement as well, but, presuming the original payment for the Suru order was made via Paypal, I'd probably pay the shipping fee now and get the goods sent. Since it's sal small packet, I'm guessing we're not talking about a huge shipping cost here anyway. Once you have the goods safe in your hands, then, if JPN-depot still hasn't sorted out the overpayment issue, I'd get in contact with paypal and submit a dispute for the extra amount they took for the goods they didn't purchase. So I'd start collecting all your evidence now - save everything on the order pages etc., doesn't really matter how, via printscreen or convert it to a PDF from the webpage or whatever - just as long as you have your own copies of everything you can give to paypal in the event JPN-depot does something dodgy and tries to delete the order once you ask for that money back. Not saying they will do that, or even that I think it's likely, it's just best to be prepared for the worst eventuality.

It's going to take your order a while to get anyway (I guess 1-2 months depending on where you are), so it seems better to me to get the stuff shipped ASAP and keep on JPN-depot's case in the meantime, and then if you still haven't gotten a proper answer by the time you have your stuff, you'll be in a good position b/c at least they won't be able to hold your items over your head.

This is also presuming that the person who has the order in their name doesn't also have other outstanding orders that could be affected and doesn't mind potentially not being able to use their service in the future.

feuilgarde
Regular Boarder

feuilgarde

Online No
Level 9
Joined 10 months ago
Post(s) 34
Location Switzerla...

3 months ago
Emillia (3 months ago) #21934305snip

Thank you so much for your thoughtful reply, Emilia! We... unexpectedly and finally got a reply from JPN-Depot. They apologized for not deducting the price difference from the international shipping fee, and have now subtracted the price of the two out of stock items. There's still a surplus left according to our calculations, but it's negligible (220 yen), so we won't prolong this by pointing it out.

The way you suggested us to proceed sounds good, and if there's any trouble with future proxies, we'll keep that in mind. We had considered requesting the refund through Paypal too, in the case that JPN-Depot wouldn't reply. As you say, it wouldn't be a good idea to raise a fuss while they still have your package that you've already paid for...

And wow, the way your money from the Yahoo Auction is handled is needlessly restrictive, especially with how they promise on their site that they return the money, no strings attached. It's really frustrating that they won't even reply with a statement or to put you on hold, but just ignore you. That's what's been getting to me the most, so I don't think we'll be using the service again in the future, even though their fees seem really great. I hope that you'll be able to get your money back in some way. D:

---

Sorry about dumping all this in the topic before contacting JPN-Depot again, but, based on our experience over the past month, we thought that there was a good chance JPN-Depot would continue ignoring us. D: I'll leave the posts up in case anyone is looking for feedback on their proxy service.
Updated 3 months ago #21946287

Emillia
Regular Boarder

Emillia

Online No
Level 10
Joined 1 year ago
Post(s) 54
Location Australia

3 months ago
feuilgarde (3 months ago) #21946287snip
You're welcome, glad it got sorted out! Ha, yes, I'll keep chasing them for my money and get it back one way or another.

andre30496
Regular Boarder

andre30496

Online No
Level 8
Joined 9 months ago
Post(s) 5

3 months ago
I reserved a blue-ray/DVD in Japan but I can't pick it up at the store itself so what services are there that could pick it up and keep/send it to me?

hikaridranz
Very Important Boarder

hikaridranz

Online No
Level 25
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 559
Location Singapore

3 months ago
andre30496 (3 months ago) #22374326I reserved a blue-ray/DVD in Japan but I can't pick it up at the store itself so what services are there that could pick it up and keep/send it to me?

you can try asking (mfc link) or (mfc link)

« Prev   1 73 74 75 76 77 78 79   Next »

Top ↑

Join the club to join the discussion.