Figure Site and Shop ForumFigure Site and Shop ForumThis club is for discussion and shop & site related questions.

akarin
Regular Boarder

akarin

Online No
Level 19
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 595
Location United St...

10 months ago
I know one can use any proxy when shopping at Otamart, but today I noticed that they partnered with FromJapan. Every listing I click on has their services. Otamart doesn't use any ads on their PC site, so I'm 90% sure this is a new partnership (?)
https://68.media.tumblr.com/25fbafae448667f6708c94fcf50aba00/tumblr_okk8x7Q0iL1u3s3i7o1_500.png

akarin
Regular Boarder

akarin

Online No
Level 19
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 595
Location United St...

10 months ago
It seems like otamart PC has updated again lol. I noticed they finally let you log in! And you can also click on sellers now and check their feedbacks :D (the login feature is neato) and if one hasn't noticed, they implemented a search bar finally a few weeks ago too. The mobile app still seems to be the main way to buy tho.

moonlight119
Regular Boarder

moonlight119

Online No
Level 16
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 764
Location Philippin...

10 months ago
Has anyone tried ordering from Otamart without using any proxy? It's rather tempting to use forwarding services instead since Otamart accepts credit card payment (not sure if they do accept foreign cards though).

akarin
Regular Boarder

akarin

Online No
Level 19
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 595
Location United St...

10 months ago
moonlight119 (10 months ago) #18345901Has anyone tried ordering from Otamart without using any proxy? It's rather tempting to use forwarding services instead since Otamart accepts credit card payment (not sure if they do accept foreign cards though).
Not sure. Try asking your forwarding service if no one answers here. But if you can write Japanese (because you need talk with the seller when you want to buy something) you could ask them, since you want to directly pay them.

moonlight119
Regular Boarder

moonlight119

Online No
Level 16
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 764
Location Philippin...

10 months ago
akarin (10 months ago) #18346188moonlight119 (10 months ago) #18345901Has anyone tried ordering from Otamart without using any proxy? It's rather tempting to use forwarding services instead since Otamart accepts credit card payment (not sure if they do accept foreign cards though).
Not sure. Try asking your forwarding service if no one answers here. But if you can write Japanese (because you need talk with the seller when you want to buy something) you could ask them, since you want to directly pay them.
I see. Thanks for the suggestion. I browsed the app more and I guess it's more troublesome to purchase here than minne, huh...

akarin
Regular Boarder

akarin

Online No
Level 19
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 595
Location United St...

10 months ago
moonlight119 (10 months ago) #18346408akarin (10 months ago) #18346188moonlight119 (10 months ago) #18345901Has anyone tried ordering from Otamart without using any proxy? It's rather tempting to use forwarding services instead since Otamart accepts credit card payment (not sure if they do accept foreign cards though).
I see. Thanks for the suggestion. I browsed the app more and I guess it's more troublesome to purchase here than minne, huh...

I don't use minne, but yeah otamart is a little complicated, since you're literally trying to jump on a listing as fast you can against other potential buyers. It sucks for foreign customers, since we can't directly do anything since one may not speak Japanese to even tell the seller, hey I wanna buy your item! and even if one does do that, how will they pay- that's why we use proxies :/ and then there's the fact that the item can sell out right away because of all that *sigh

akarin
Regular Boarder

akarin

Online No
Level 19
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 595
Location United St...

9 months ago
Can anyone please recommend a cheap proxy that can deal with "difficult sellers" ? I was just told by my proxy that the seller's rules are complicated, so they recommended me NOT to bother purchasing from them ._. I really wanted to, since they have a ton of items in 1 lot that I really want :(

yuu12riku
Regular Boarder

yuu12riku

Online No
Level 16
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 1964
Location Jakarta, ...

9 months ago
akarin (9 months ago) #19013510Can anyone please recommend a cheap proxy that can deal with "difficult sellers" ? I was just told by my proxy that the seller's rules are complicated, so they recommended me NOT to bother purchasing from them ._. I really wanted to, since they have a ton of items in 1 lot that I really want :(There're really small list of proxy that offer to order from Otamart. Also from some available (Zenmarket and FJ) because both have 5-12 negative feedback, seller didn't want to sell it to me. Placed order with Luxas yesterday, hopefully they can get them all.

Sorry if I'm not helping, as I only know those 4 (ZM, FJ, Luxas and White Rabbit from post above)
FGO: 575631844/ ゆう

Split List
Feedback
Selling list

akarin
Regular Boarder

akarin

Online No
Level 19
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 595
Location United St...

9 months ago
yuu12riku (9 months ago) #19014192akarin (9 months ago) #19013510Can anyone please recommend a cheap proxy that can deal with "difficult sellers" ? I was just told by my proxy that the seller's rules are complicated, so they recommended me NOT to bother purchasing from them ._. I really wanted to, since they have a ton of items in 1 lot that I really want :(There're really small list of proxy that offer to order from Otamart. Also from some available (Zenmarket and FJ) because both have 5-12 negative feedback, seller didn't want to sell it to me. Placed order with Luxas yesterday, hopefully they can get them all.

Sorry if I'm not helping, as I only know those 4 (ZM, FJ, Luxas and White Rabbit from post above)

Thanks for the response! I appreciate it. I currently mainly use Japonica for everything, since they're really fast and convenient, but they really stray away from complicated matters like this one. I personally don't like using zenmarket since they confused me alot with an auction, so I wouldn't like to use them again lol. I'll look into FJ and Luxas though! I think white rabbit is a little expensive? How are Luxas's & FJ's fees with small things? I'm looking to only get around 3 can badges and a rubber strap from the same seller, so would it be worth it with them?

yuu12riku
Regular Boarder

yuu12riku

Online No
Level 16
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 1964
Location Jakarta, ...

9 months ago
akarin (9 months ago) #19014500yuu12riku (9 months ago) #19014192akarin (9 months ago) #19013510Can anyone please recommend a cheap proxy that can deal with "difficult sellers" ? I was just told by my proxy that the seller's rules are complicated, so they recommended me NOT to bother purchasing from them ._. I really wanted to, since they have a ton of items in 1 lot that I really want :(There're really small list of proxy that offer to order from Otamart. Also from some available (Zenmarket and FJ) because both have 5-12 negative feedback, seller didn't want to sell it to me. Placed order with Luxas yesterday, hopefully they can get them all.

Thanks for the response! I appreciate it. I currently mainly use Japonica for everything, since they're really fast and convenient, but they really stray away from complicated matters like this one. I personally don't like using zenmarket since they confused me alot with an auction, so I wouldn't like to use them again lol. I'll look into FJ and Luxas though! I think white rabbit is a little expensive? How are Luxas's & FJ's fees with small things? I'm looking to only get around 3 can badges and a rubber strap from the same seller, so would it be worth it with them?
Yeah, White Rabbit is quite expensive (expecially for me who didn't have $ as main currency, yen is cheaper) Luxas is cheaper if you buy cheap items in bulk (I ordered about 30+ items with total 20k yen, and fee is 4000 yen) FJ is almost same as ZM (except adding bank transfer fee), as long as badge and strap you want is in 1 link, it's 300 yen.
FGO: 575631844/ ゆう

Split List
Feedback
Selling list

akarin
Regular Boarder

akarin

Online No
Level 19
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 595
Location United St...

9 months ago
yuu12riku (9 months ago) #19015451akarin (9 months ago) #19014500yuu12riku (9 months ago) #19014192akarin (9 months ago) #19013510Can anyone please recommend a cheap proxy that can deal with "difficult sellers" ? I was just told by my proxy that the seller's rules are complicated, so they recommended me NOT to bother purchasing from them ._. I really wanted to, since they have a ton of items in 1 lot that I really want :(There're really small list of proxy that offer to order from Otamart. Also from some available (Zenmarket and FJ) because both have 5-12 negative feedback, seller didn't want to sell it to me. Placed order with Luxas yesterday, hopefully they can get them all.

Yeah, White Rabbit is quite expensive (expecially for me who didn't have $ as main currency, yen is cheaper) Luxas is cheaper if you buy cheap items in bulk (I ordered about 30+ items with total 20k yen, and fee is 4000 yen) FJ is almost same as ZM (except adding bank transfer fee), as long as badge and strap you want is in 1 link, it's 300 yen.

Thank you for your advice/help! I really do appreciate it :D I'll look into Luxas when I get the chance.

Lina
Regular Boarder

Lina

Online No
Level 10
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 275
Location Illinois

9 months ago
What's the best proxy to use for a larger item? I'm looking at purchasing basically rolling luggage and there's a seller on otamart that has one that I'm looking for. It's not the exact one I'm looking for, but It's been a pain trying to find any of the luggage from that line since it was a limited & exclusive release back in early 2016 and it's nearly half the original cost. I have never bought large items like luggage from overseas before so I'm hoping to find a good proxy that won't kill me with crazy fees. I know shipping is going to be a killer, but if I can keep the fees down, I'd feel a little better. Thanks! <33333333333

akarin
Regular Boarder

akarin

Online No
Level 19
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 595
Location United St...

9 months ago
Lina (9 months ago) #19182121What's the best proxy to use for a larger item? I'm looking at purchasing basically rolling luggage and there's a seller on otamart that has one that I'm looking for. It's not the exact one I'm looking for, but It's been a pain trying to find any of the luggage from that line since it was a limited & exclusive release back in early 2016 and it's nearly half the original cost. I have never bought large items like luggage from overseas before so I'm hoping to find a good proxy that won't kill me with crazy fees. I know shipping is going to be a killer, but if I can keep the fees down, I'd feel a little better. Thanks! <33333333333
I usually use Japonica, and assuming your luggage's cost falls under the 5001 JPY-15000 JPY tier, the commission fee would only be 700 yen. Info: [ext link ] the only other fee they charge you is the paypal fee.

Lina
Regular Boarder

Lina

Online No
Level 10
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 275
Location Illinois

9 months ago
akarin (9 months ago) #19182453Lina (9 months ago) #19182121What's the best proxy to use for a larger item? I'm looking at purchasing basically rolling luggage and there's a seller on otamart that has one that I'm looking for. It's not the exact one I'm looking for, but It's been a pain trying to find any of the luggage from that line since it was a limited & exclusive release back in early 2016 and it's nearly half the original cost. I have never bought large items like luggage from overseas before so I'm hoping to find a good proxy that won't kill me with crazy fees. I know shipping is going to be a killer, but if I can keep the fees down, I'd feel a little better. Thanks! <33333333333
I usually use Japonica, and assuming your luggage's cost falls under the 5001 JPY-15000 JPY tier, the commission fee would only be 700 yen. Info: [ext link ] the only other fee they charge you is the paypal fee.

The luggage actually costs 15000 yen and that includes any shipping fees so 700 yen for a commission fee isn't bad at all! I'll definitely check them out! Luxas has a 20% commission fee and that would be 3000yen so even with the coupon it would be more expensive. I appreciate the recommendations! I'll take a look at both of them during my break at work tonight. :)

Lina
Regular Boarder

Lina

Online No
Level 10
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 275
Location Illinois

9 months ago
I've looked all of their weight/size limit and the luggage appears to be well under their weight limits. Zenmarket looks the most appealing with their flat 300 yen fee and then they also add 300 yen to your account for signing up so basically the fee is waived for my purchase. I really appreciate everyone's help! I can't wait to finally order this luggage from Otamart.

Edit: It ended selling sometime after I sent a request to zenmarket. I'm really heartbroken and wish I didn't take so long to figure out which proxy to use. Guess I'll have to continue my search for months again. Thanks again for your help guys.
Updated 9 months ago #19193527

FaiZx
Regular Boarder

FaiZx

Online No
Level 5
Joined 10 months ago
Post(s) 5

9 months ago
Updated 6 months ago #19205852

akarin
Regular Boarder

akarin

Online No
Level 19
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 595
Location United St...

9 months ago
FaiZx (9 months ago) #19212833Thanks for the reply. I don't like all of this uncertainty that's why I'm always hesitant to use a proxy service. Is there ever a case where sellers on Otamart charges for shipping even though they listed the product as 出品者負担? Because I've seen a few items that indicated that it was free domestic shipping, but when I read the product description, they mentioned something about the shipping charges but I couldn't really understand
I've noticed that as well and the thing is, most sellers on otamart put that but still charge domestic shipping--they state so in the description. So when the buyer comments and confirms they want to purchase, the seller makes a separate listing for them w/ shipping included and in some cases they also charge a HANDLING fee (which I really, really dislike....).

FaiZx
Regular Boarder

FaiZx

Online No
Level 5
Joined 10 months ago
Post(s) 5

9 months ago
akarin (9 months ago) #19212972FaiZx (9 months ago) #19212833Thanks for the reply. I don't like all of this uncertainty that's why I'm always hesitant to use a proxy service. Is there ever a case where sellers on Otamart charges for shipping even though they listed the product as 出品者負担? Because I've seen a few items that indicated that it was free domestic shipping, but when I read the product description, they mentioned something about the shipping charges but I couldn't really understand
I've noticed that as well and the thing is, most sellers on otamart put that but still charge domestic shipping--they state so in the description. So when the buyer comments and confirms they want to purchase, the seller makes a separate listing for them w/ shipping included and in some cases they also charge a HANDLING fee (which I really, really dislike....).

Thanks for letting me know, it was really helpful

noctisity
Regular Boarder

noctisity

Online No
Level 10
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 1253
Location USA

8 months ago
Has anyone had any instances of sellers just not replying at all? I'm using Luxas as a proxy and they've been great, but I'm not sure if I should have them keep waiting on this particular listing (Luxas left them a message a week ago). Or rather, I don't know if Luxas has any sort of timeframe before they get back to me and say, "Hey this probably isn't going to work out."

akarin
Regular Boarder

akarin

Online No
Level 19
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 595
Location United St...

7 months ago
Hiya guys. I'm trying to use zenmarket for 1 thing on otamart right now but their system kind of confuses me, pls help. After I added the listing URL to my account, it says "Being checked by ZenMarket" and "You can purchase the items only after confirmation." Ok after they confirm it, what happens? Do THEY do it for me? Since last time I tried to have them bid on an auction and they didn't understand what I was asking for D:

« Prev   1 2 3 4   Next »

Top ↑

Join the club to join the discussion.