Figure Site and Shop ForumFigure Site and Shop ForumThis club is for discussion and shop & site related questions.

Rikudou
Regular Boarder

Rikudou

Online No
Level 22
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 395
Location United Ki...

1 year ago
" Update about server move
Our server move took longer than expected and we sincerely apologize about that. The shop is now reopened but DNS propagation is not 100% complete yet so you might still be seeing the old maintenance page for a while.
If emptying browser cache is not enough to solve the issue, we suggest to perform a DNS flush command.

Additionally, messages that were sent between Friday 16, 9 PM and Tuesday 20, 7 AM (Japanese time) were lost and cannot be retrieved. If you sent a message during that time frame, we ask you to please send it again.

Please contact us if you're encountering any technical problems. We thank you for your understanding. "

[ext link ]

chapters0
Regular Boarder

chapters0

Online No
Level 18
Joined 7 years ago
Post(s) 2042
Location Canada

1 year ago
the site wont even load for me.....

Titan_Scientist
Regular Boarder

Titan_Scientist

Online No
Level 18
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 1344
Location Scotland

1 year ago
chapters0 (1 year ago) #14855686the site wont even load for me.....

Same, tried their advice and it still didn't work. Oh, well, I'll wait a couple of days and email them if it keeps happening.

Tenmashi
a.k.a. Viince-kun
Regular Boarder

Tenmashi

Online No
Level 13
Joined 1 year ago
Post(s) 3
Location Netherlan...

1 year ago
It won't work for me either, so I'm just pre-ordering my stuff via Nippon Yasan right now.

chapters0
Regular Boarder

chapters0

Online No
Level 18
Joined 7 years ago
Post(s) 2042
Location Canada

1 year ago
Tenmashi (1 year ago) #14868782It won't work for me either, so I'm just pre-ordering my stuff via Nippon Yasan right now.
they will be up eventually...prob best to wait unless they are those items that sell out super fast

Titan_Scientist
Regular Boarder

Titan_Scientist

Online No
Level 18
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 1344
Location Scotland

1 year ago
Big in Japan's up for me again, although it's a bit slow, so they're probably ironing out the problems with it.

Demitria
Regular Boarder

Demitria

Online No
Level 14
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 7
Location Italy

1 year ago
I still can't see their site...

chapters0
Regular Boarder

chapters0

Online No
Level 18
Joined 7 years ago
Post(s) 2042
Location Canada

1 year ago
Demitria (1 year ago) #14877443I still can't see their site...
same here its not working for me still

4catdoorman
Regular Boarder

4catdoorman

Online No
Level 15
Joined 5 years ago
Post(s) 6
Location Columbia,...

1 year ago
chapters0 (1 year ago) #14878391Demitria (1 year ago) #14877443I still can't see their site...
same here its not working for me still

Ditto for USA. They did accept my Paypal payment after I rec'd invoice via Paypal though it took them 2 days instead of overnight to reply.

Hokuto
Regular Boarder

Hokuto

Online No
Level 14
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 52
Location Macerata,...

1 year ago
today is up for me (europe)

Tenmashi
a.k.a. Viince-kun
Regular Boarder

Tenmashi

Online No
Level 13
Joined 1 year ago
Post(s) 3
Location Netherlan...

1 year ago
Yes, Big's up again.

escape_rope
Very Important Boarder

escape_rope

Online No
Level 42
Joined 7 years ago
Post(s) 5912
Location Finland

1 year ago
Didn't work for me last night but now, finally, the site loaded for me normally.

UniKoRn
Regular Boarder

UniKoRn

Online No
Level 10
Joined 6 years ago
Post(s) 3
Location Australia

1 year ago
I can get to the website but I can't login to my account to check my preorders!

Darkluna
Regular Boarder

Darkluna

Online No
Level 17
Joined 7 years ago
Post(s) 386
Location USA

1 year ago
Yeah, it's up for me in the USA now too, although it wouldn't let me log into my account on Firefox, so I had to switch over to Chrome. Now let's see if they can find the expensive Amazon.co.jp order that I had forwarded last Friday and was supposedly delivered yesterday. :|

Rikudou
Regular Boarder

Rikudou

Online No
Level 22
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 395
Location United Ki...

1 year ago
" About login and cart issues
We have been getting some feedback from customers who have had trouble logging in to their account or putting an item into the cart since the move to our new server.
For all customers experiencing those issues, please clear your browser cache and cookies. It should solve the problem. If it doesn't, please contact us. "

[ext link ]

LovelyIdiot
Regular Boarder

LovelyIdiot

Online No
Level 21
Joined 5 years ago
Post(s) 2007
Location Perth, Au...

1 year ago
Hey guys, I'm tying to find out for someone who's trying to avoid custom fees since I never really paid attention to this stuff but does BIJ include invoices in their shipments?

I don't think undervaluing is good since stuff can get damaged and it'll be impossible to claim a refund, so I'm getting them to mark their stuff as a gift to avoid customs. However, customs sometimes opens stuff up so it'd be pretty bad to mark something as a gift but still have a sales invoice in there.

If anyone has any advice that'd be good! I don't know anything about avoiding custom taxes.

Group order and group splits feedback page = (mfc link)
Selling stuff here = (mfc link)
(Updated: 2nd December 2015)

My favourite scale figurexhttp://www.forceacademy.co.uk/wiki/images/c/c0/Balance-scale-1-.jpg
Updated 1 year ago #15029668

Dunizel
Regular Boarder

Dunizel

Online No
Level 10
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 36

1 year ago
LovelyIdiot (1 year ago) #15029668Hey guys, I'm tying to find out for someone who's trying to avoid custom fees since I never really paid attention to this stuff but does BIJ include invoices in their shipments?

I don't think undervaluing is good since stuff can get damaged and it'll be impossible to claim a refund, so I'm getting them to mark their stuff as a gift to avoid customs. However, customs sometimes opens stuff up so it'd be pretty bad to mark something as a gift but still have a sales invoice in there.

If anyone has any advice that'd be good! I don't know anything about avoiding custom taxes.

At least in my country, marking a package as "gift" doesn't save you from customs. The allowed value free of taxes is higher, but you are not free of them compeltely. The "gift" mark might help, or it might be completely useless.
The only thing that matters is the value of the goods on the customs declaration.

In any case, in my experience BiJ never includes the invoice.
Updated 1 year ago #15031341

Titan_Scientist
Regular Boarder

Titan_Scientist

Online No
Level 18
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 1344
Location Scotland

1 year ago
LovelyIdiot (1 year ago) #15029668Hey guys, I'm tying to find out for someone who's trying to avoid custom fees since I never really paid attention to this stuff but does BIJ include invoices in their shipments?

Big in Japan doesn't usually include a sales invoice, but the company address is pretty obvious on the box, so having it marked as a gift probably won't save it from the grubby mitts of the customs folk if they see it's from a company.

Unless you're ordering something that is likely to be damaged (something like a scale with fragile parts that are likely to break off or a polyresin statue), I recommend just getting it undervalued. I've had loads of stuff, including items which consisted of small pieces in boxes with larger items, and I've never even received a box with a dented corner.

LovelyIdiot
Regular Boarder

LovelyIdiot

Online No
Level 21
Joined 5 years ago
Post(s) 2007
Location Perth, Au...

1 year ago
Dunizel (1 year ago) #15031341
At least in my country, marking a package as "gift" doesn't save you from customs. The allowed value free of taxes is higher, but you are not free of them compeltely. The "gift" mark might help, or it might be completely useless.
The only thing that matters is the value of the goods on the customs declaration.

In any case, in my experience BiJ never includes the invoice.

Okay, I didn't think about gifts being subjected to customs but I think it'll be ok since it's not too much. As long as it doesn't look like it's bought and shipped from a store.

Thanks so much for your help!

Titan_Scientist (1 year ago)Big in Japan doesn't usually include a sales invoice, but the company address is pretty obvious on the box, so having it marked as a gift probably won't save it from the grubby mitts of the customs folk if they see it's from a company.
Unless you're ordering something that is likely to be damaged (something like a scale with fragile parts that are likely to break off or a polyresin statue), I recommend just getting it undervalued. I've had loads of stuff, including items which consisted of small pieces in boxes with larger items, and I've never even received a box with a dented corner.

I haven't bought from BIJ for like over a year and all I can remember is that they send stuff in a plain white box with the customs declaration on it.

It's not really a fragile figure but the postal services aren't exactly careful with stuff either. And there's been a lot of thefts as well so I'm more worried about that.

Thanks for your input though!

Group order and group splits feedback page = (mfc link)
Selling stuff here = (mfc link)
(Updated: 2nd December 2015)

My favourite scale figurexhttp://www.forceacademy.co.uk/wiki/images/c/c0/Balance-scale-1-.jpg
Updated 1 year ago #15031741

Hokuto
Regular Boarder

Hokuto

Online No
Level 14
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 52
Location Macerata,...

1 year ago
Hi, I'd like to buy a 18+ tapestry from amiami, unfortunately my prepaid credit card doesn't work with amiami (I always use paypal)
Can I use Big in Japan as proxy service?
Is there any particular advice to do that?
Thanks

« Prev   1 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 80   Next »

Top ↑

Join the club to join the discussion.