Figure Site and Shop ForumFigure Site and Shop ForumThis club is for discussion and shop & site related questions.

chapters0
Regular Boarder

chapters0

Online No
Level 18
Joined 7 years ago
Post(s) 2043
Location Canada

4 months ago
So my package got shipped from suru but I'm
Planning on making other one tmr which could take a week or so to get shipped.so is it okay to use just one ticket? Or do I need to buy two?? What do I say to them?

SkyBlue
Regular Boarder

SkyBlue

Online No
Level 26
Joined 1 year ago
Post(s) 92

4 months ago
chapters0 (4 months ago) #23777203So my package got shipped from suru but I'm
Planning on making other one tmr which could take a week or so to get shipped.so is it okay to use just one ticket? Or do I need to buy two?? What do I say to them?
You can use the same ticket as one ticket can be used for up to a maximum of 10 parcels but you need to mention it to them via the comment box of your ticket order.
I've added a last minute order before and I just mentioned that there'll be another order arriving soon in two weeks from xx store containing xx. BiJ can keep your parcels for up to a month so no worries.

chapters0
Regular Boarder

chapters0

Online No
Level 18
Joined 7 years ago
Post(s) 2043
Location Canada

4 months ago
SkyBlue (4 months ago) #23812339chapters0 (4 months ago) #23777203So my package got shipped from suru but I'm
You can use the same ticket as one ticket can be used for up to a maximum of 10 parcels but you need to mention it to them via the comment box of your ticket order.
I've added a last minute order before and I just mentioned that there'll be another order arriving soon in two weeks from xx store containing xx. BiJ can keep your parcels for up to a month so no worries.

Thanks.
:)

Suppi12
Regular Boarder

Suppi12

Online No
Level 12
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 173
Location U.K

4 months ago
So I recently received a invoice from BIJ to pay for forwarding/repackkng/shipping to me. I guess the one artbook I brought was heavier then I imagined when put with my other 9itema as it made my Shipping turn into sal parcel costing over 7000yen!?!? . I emailed BIJ if possible tosplit the package back to two but man are they inflexible or hopefully helpful with shipping? :(

timelady
Regular Boarder

timelady

Online No
Level 7
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 69
Location OR, USA

4 months ago
Suppi12 (4 months ago) #24131872So I recently received a invoice from BIJ to pay for forwarding/repackkng/shipping to me. I guess the one artbook I brought was heavier then I imagined when put with my other 9itema as it made my Shipping turn into sal parcel costing over 7000yen!?!? . I emailed BIJ if possible tosplit the package back to two but man are they inflexible or hopefully helpful with shipping? :(

Something similar happened to me once but when I asked them to split the package into two, they refused to do so because they already issued the shipping invoice. So I had to pay for EMS shipping :(

So now just to be on the safe side whenever I order a forwarding ticket, I always put in the comment box something like "please repack and split the package into two if it's too big/heavy for SAL small packet." Maybe I was unlucky but I hope the outcome will turn out differently for you.

Suppi12
Regular Boarder

Suppi12

Online No
Level 12
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 173
Location U.K

4 months ago
timelady (4 months ago) #24132203Suppi12 (4 months ago) #24131872So I recently received a invoice from BIJ to pay for forwarding/repackkng/shipping to me. I guess the one artbook I brought was heavier then I imagined when put with my other 9itema as it made my Shipping turn into sal parcel costing over 7000yen!?!? . I emailed BIJ if possible tosplit the package back to two but man are they inflexible or hopefully helpful with shipping? :(

Something similar happened to me once but when I asked them to split the package into two, they refused to do so because they already issued the shipping invoice. So I had to pay for EMS shipping :(

So now just to be on the safe side whenever I order a forwarding ticket, I always put in the comment box something like "please repack and split the package into two if it's too big/heavy for SAL small packet." Maybe I was unlucky but I hope the outcome will turn out differently for you.

Thank you for the help and sharing your experience.Unfortunately they refuse to allow the option to split or weigh again the packages like in your experience.. Which was my fault for not having the foresight to split the packages to avoid Sal Parcel. I'm going to have to suck it up this time and just pay as they are birthday gifts but man Im going to squint and not look at how much paypal conversion to what it actually is in my currency. Because it will be BAD and make me cry;___;

ameri
Regular Boarder

ameri

Online No
Level 11
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 8
Location Seattle, ...

4 months ago
I am really pissed. I spent 9000 yen on a tapestry from surugaya through BiJ. They sent me the wrong tapestry. What should I do? I'm sorry f this is the wrong place to ask. I'm just livid right now. I don't have that kind of money to throw away.

Rikudou
Regular Boarder

Rikudou

Online No
Level 22
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 395
Location United Ki...

4 months ago
ameri (4 months ago) #24180683I am really pissed. I spent 9000 yen on a tapestry from surugaya through BiJ. They sent me the wrong tapestry. What should I do? I'm sorry f this is the wrong place to ask. I'm just livid right now. I don't have that kind of money to throw away.

Contact them? :)

ameri
Regular Boarder

ameri

Online No
Level 11
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 8
Location Seattle, ...

4 months ago
Rikudou (4 months ago) #24192079ameri (4 months ago) #24180683I am really pissed. I spent 9000 yen on a tapestry from surugaya through BiJ. They sent me the wrong tapestry. What should I do? I'm sorry f this is the wrong place to ask. I'm just livid right now. I don't have that kind of money to throw away.

Contact them? :)

Yeah.. they quickly replied they don't refund to foreign countries and no refunds after a week, still asked for photos for some reason so I sent them. Will see what happens...

Titan_Scientist
Regular Boarder

Titan_Scientist

Online No
Level 18
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 1347
Location Scotland

4 months ago
Big in Japan added a note to the front page so say that they're suspending forwarding to Indonesia again, just in case anyone's from there and didn't see it.

yuu12riku
Regular Boarder

yuu12riku

Online No
Level 16
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 1964
Location Jakarta, ...

4 months ago
Titan_Scientist (4 months ago) #24551960Big in Japan added a note to the front page so say that they're suspending forwarding to Indonesia again, just in case anyone's from there and didn't see it.I though they already banned Indonesia from 2-3 years ago? (so I never use them) Well the problem is redline of imported items from June so maybe they didn't want to deal with it.
FGO: 575631844/ ゆう

Split List
Feedback
Selling list

xcupidxstuntx
Regular Boarder

xcupidxstuntx

Online No
Level 19
Joined 5 years ago
Post(s) 1900
Location England

2 months ago
Interesting to note - I received an invoice for SAL Parcel shipping for a preorder (the Stars Bless You Sakura without the massive base), and asked if they could ship via Small Packet instead. Less than 6 hours later, got a revised invoice!

So, yay!
"Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone."

motaku96
Regular Boarder

motaku96

Online No
Level 12
Joined 7 years ago
Post(s) 105
Location New York

2 months ago
I ordered something from Suruga-ya and had it forwarded with BiJ. I'm trying to decide what's the best shipping to use. I wanna go with regular SAL to save money. But, would Suruga-ya have packaged it well enough for overseas shipping? What do you generally choose for the forwarding/proxy service?

escape_rope
Very Important Boarder

escape_rope

Online No
Level 42
Joined 7 years ago
Post(s) 5912
Location Finland

2 months ago
motaku96 (2 months ago) #27196660I ordered something from Suruga-ya and had it forwarded with BiJ. I'm trying to decide what's the best shipping to use. I wanna go with regular SAL to save money. But, would Suruga-ya have packaged it well enough for overseas shipping? What do you generally choose for the forwarding/proxy service?
May I ask you what kind of items did you order? My experience is that Suru uses huge boxes to ship their stuff out. I made a relatively small order a couple months ago so when I bought the forwarding ticket on BiJ I chose to keep the original box. I was planning to use SAL Small Packet for shipping. However, BiJ invoiced me for repacking saying it wasn't possible to ship my order in Suru's box = it was too big to be shipped via SAL Small Packet.
As for Suru's packaging, it's good to keep in mind Suru ships their orders only within Japan. They don't expect to ship them worldwide. I'd say they barely use any padding so if you order some fragile items I'd definitely recommend repacking them at BiJ. BiJ gets rid of the huge box and adds some packaging paper in. If it's nothing fragile I'd be just fine with Suru's original box and packaging. They do use some bubble wrap and usually wrap/tape everything together and glue them on the bottom on the box.

As for the shipping method (faster or slower, registered or unregistered) go with the one you'd usually go when ordering something from Japan. I can go with the cheapest unregistered method since I know my stuff will arrive just fine. I haven't experienced lost or damaged items during shipping.
Updated 2 months ago #27228261

motaku96
Regular Boarder

motaku96

Online No
Level 12
Joined 7 years ago
Post(s) 105
Location New York

2 months ago
escape_rope (2 months ago) #27228261motaku96 (2 months ago) #27196660I ordered something from Suruga-ya and had it forwarded with BiJ. I'm trying to decide what's the best shipping to use. I wanna go with regular SAL to save money. But, would Suruga-ya have packaged it well enough for overseas shipping? What do you generally choose for the forwarding/proxy service?
May I ask you what kind of items did you order? My experience is that Suru uses huge boxes to ship their stuff out. I made a relatively small order a couple months ago so when I bought the forwarding ticket on BiJ I chose to keep the original box. I was planning to use SAL Small Packet for shipping. However, BiJ invoiced me for repacking saying it wasn't possible to ship my order in Suru's box = it was too big to be shipped via SAL Small Packet.
As for Suru's packaging, it's good to keep in mind Suru ships their orders only within Japan. They don't expect to ship them worldwide. I'd say they barely use any padding so if you order some fragile items I'd definitely recommend repacking them at BiJ. BiJ gets rid of the huge box and adds some packaging paper in. If it's nothing fragile I'd be just fine with Suru's original box and packaging. They do use some bubble wrap and usually wrap/tape everything together and glue them on the bottom on the box.

As for the shipping method (faster or slower, registered or unregistered) go with the one you'd usually go when ordering something from Japan. I can go with the cheapest unregistered method since I know my stuff will arrive just fine. I haven't experienced lost or damaged items during shipping.

Thanks for the reply.
The order was this if you're still curious item #429201

motaku96
Regular Boarder

motaku96

Online No
Level 12
Joined 7 years ago
Post(s) 105
Location New York

2 months ago
BiJForwarding Service Ticket - Packaging : Original Small packet not possible with original package Repackaged Regular SAL Small Packet 1kg

Hmm..so they'll repackage it if it doesn't fit and will automatically charge you the repackage fee. I don't like that they just mentioned this in the paypal request and didn't send me an email saying "unfortunately your package needed to be repackaged for SAL" or something instead of just tacking it on as a note on the order.
Updated 2 months ago #27281641

escape_rope
Very Important Boarder

escape_rope

Online No
Level 42
Joined 7 years ago
Post(s) 5912
Location Finland

1 month ago
motaku96 (2 months ago) #27281641BiJForwarding Service Ticket - Packaging : Original Small packet not possible with original package Repackaged Regular SAL Small Packet 1kg

Hmm..so they'll repackage it if it doesn't fit and will automatically charge you the repackage fee. I don't like that they just mentioned this in the paypal request and didn't send me an email saying "unfortunately your package needed to be repackaged for SAL" or something instead of just tacking it on as a note on the order.

That's how they do it, unfortunately. I'm sorry to hear you're not happy with them. Their customer service isn't too good, they don't like to chat, but I think that's fair for the price they ask for forwarding.

I like their way since I want to use SAL Small Packet no matter what ^__^" If you wanted to keep the original box Suru used I think you should have left a comment to your ticket order, something like: "if Suruga-ya's box is too big to be shipped via SAL Small Packet please keep the original package and ship my order via EMS(etc.) instead. Do not repack it, thanks."

If the invoice has been issued I don't think it's possible to change shipping method. I mean, they might have already gotten rid of Suru's shipping box :(
Updated 1 month ago #27416704

motaku96
Regular Boarder

motaku96

Online No
Level 12
Joined 7 years ago
Post(s) 105
Location New York

1 month ago
escape_rope (1 month ago) #27416704If you wanted to keep the original box Suru used I think you should have left a comment to your ticket order, something like: "if Suruga-ya's box is too big to be shipped via SAL Small Packet please keep the original package and ship my order via EMS(etc.) instead. Do not repack it, thanks."

Yeah I guess that would've worked. I'm not super upset about it or anything. It's just a little customer service goes a long way.

Rikudou
Regular Boarder

Rikudou

Online No
Level 22
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 395
Location United Ki...

1 month ago
motaku96 (1 month ago) #27418528escape_rope (1 month ago) #27416704If you wanted to keep the original box Suru used I think you should have left a comment to your ticket order, something like: "if Suruga-ya's box is too big to be shipped via SAL Small Packet please keep the original package and ship my order via EMS(etc.) instead. Do not repack it, thanks."

Yeah I guess that would've worked. I'm not super upset about it or anything. It's just a little customer service goes a long way.

Unfortunately they haven't been very forthcoming in my experience either when contacting them.

YuRiPa
Regular Boarder

YuRiPa

Online No
Level 8
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 38
Location The Nethe...

1 month ago
Does anyone has experience with estimated shipping quotes when you pre-order that are too high? Want to pre-order item #549644 but the EMS shipping says 5000 JPY, which seems a bit much (certainly because item #235633 was only 4600 or sth for EMS when I got her from AmiAmi). Since I would have to pay immediately for this Miku since she is exclusive and all, will BiJ reimburse the money that you paid too much on shipping or will they just charge 5000 and take the extra profit? :P
Updated 1 month ago #27842811

« Prev   1 74 75 76 77 78 79 80   Next »

Top ↑

Join the club to join the discussion.