Figure Site and Shop ForumFigure Site and Shop ForumThis club is for discussion and shop & site related questions.

NemsEngelAceSasu
Regular Boarder

NemsEngelAceSasu

Online No
Level 25
Joined 5 years ago
Post(s) 4827
Location Germany

1 month ago
YuRiPa (1 month ago) #27842811Does anyone has experience with estimated shipping quotes when you pre-order that are too high? Want to pre-order item #549644 but the EMS shipping says 5000 JPY, which seems a bit much (certainly because item #235633 was only 4600 or sth for EMS when I got her from AmiAmi). Since I would have to pay immediately for this Miku since she is exclusive and all, will BiJ reimburse the money that you paid too much on shipping or will they just charge 5000 and take the extra profit? :P

They'll keep it. I've wrote them when I noticed, the first 1-2 times they refunded and then they didn't reply anymore. Like nendos they ship for 480-580¥ with sal, but you always pay 680¥.

But since I'm from europe and it doesn't get caught by customs I just suck it up. The alternative, Nippon yasan, is worse, they charge 1080¥ for shippping one nendo.
Updated 1 month ago #27843300

YuRiPa
Regular Boarder

YuRiPa

Online No
Level 8
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 38
Location The Nethe...

1 month ago
NemsEngelAceSasu (1 month ago) #27843300
They'll keep it. I've wrote them when I noticed, the first 1-2 times they refunded and then they didn't reply anymore. Like nendos they ship for 480-580¥ with sal, but you always pay 680¥.

But since I'm from europe and it doesn't get caught by customs I just suck it up. The alternative, Nippon yasan, is worse, they charge 1080¥ for shippping one nendo.

Thanks for your quick reply. :) Guess I'll just have to treat the extra shipping costs then as part of the figure cost (though it is an increase of around 1400 JPY, since I guess the actual shipping cost will be close to 3600 JPY or sth). I think I won't ask them to lower the value (although if they do it at their own accord, they may, as long as I will be fully insured if sth goes wrong with shipping). :-) I am actually still a bit hesitant because if customs find out you declared a too low value, you're in trouble and might end up having to pay a lot more. But still, even with all customs costs and VAT, this figure is cheaper than in European stores (which is mostly not the case actually). I have read too many negative stories about Nippon Yasan, won't go to them. :P
Updated 1 month ago #27881424

Sparxxors
Regular Boarder

Sparxxors

Online No
Level 6
Joined 4 months ago
Post(s) 16
Location San Diego...

1 month ago
YuRiPa (1 month ago) #27881424NemsEngelAceSasu (1 month ago) #27843300

Thanks for your quick reply. :) Guess I'll just have to treat the extra shipping costs then as part of the figure cost (though it is an increase of around 1400 JPY, since I guess the actual shipping cost will be close to 3600 JPY or sth). I think I won't ask them to lower the value (although if they do it at their own accord, they may, as long as I will be fully insured if sth goes wrong with shipping). :-) I am actually still a bit hesitant because if customs find out you declared a too low value, you're in trouble and might end up having to pay a lot more. But still, even with all customs costs and VAT, this figure is cheaper than in European stores (which is mostly not the case actually). I have read too many negative stories about Nippon Yasan, won't go to them. :P

Chances are, they won't insure anything that's not declared. If for example, you have a 10k yen package sent via EMS and they marked 5k yen, they can only reimburse you for the declared value of 5k yen. If you have the same 10k yen package sent via small packet SAL/airmail, you're only insured for up to 6k if they declare it that high. BiJ isn't known for their great customer service, so I doubt they'd reimburse you for more than what was marked on the customs invoice if they undervalue and something goes wrong.

NY seems to MAJORLY undervalue (like 2k yen for 10k yen item) so you end up having to show a receipt for the full amount while customs holds the item. With BiJ, I don't know if they'll listen to your request or just undervalue whatever they feel like. But if you want it undervalued, try asking them to undervalue to an amount that you think would be reasonable but cheaper for customs duties.

Rikudou
Regular Boarder

Rikudou

Online No
Level 22
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 395
Location United Ki...

1 month ago
Sparxxors (1 month ago) #27886418YuRiPa (1 month ago) #27881424NemsEngelAceSasu (1 month ago) #27843300

them to undervalue to an amount that you think would be reasonable but cheaper for customs duties.

In my experience, Big in Japan does a little what they want themselves. I asked for X amount in yen from them and they just never get the amount asked right.

YuRiPa
Regular Boarder

YuRiPa

Online No
Level 8
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 38
Location The Nethe...

1 month ago
Sparxxors (1 month ago) #27886418
Chances are, they won't insure anything that's not declared. If for example, you have a 10k yen package sent via EMS and they marked 5k yen, they can only reimburse you for the declared value of 5k yen. If you have the same 10k yen package sent via small packet SAL/airmail, you're only insured for up to 6k if they declare it that high. BiJ isn't known for their great customer service, so I doubt they'd reimburse you for more than what was marked on the customs invoice if they undervalue and something goes wrong.

NY seems to MAJORLY undervalue (like 2k yen for 10k yen item) so you end up having to show a receipt for the full amount while customs holds the item. With BiJ, I don't know if they'll listen to your request or just undervalue whatever they feel like. But if you want it undervalued, try asking them to undervalue to an amount that you think would be reasonable but cheaper for customs duties.

Rikudou (1 month ago) #27936791
In my experience, Big in Japan does a little what they want themselves. I asked for X amount in yen from them and they just never get the amount asked right.

I just ordered item #549644 from them (can't wait to get her) and I won't ask them to undervalue I think. Though maybe a little bit. Even with full import duties she's still (quite a lot) cheaper than when I would buy her in Europe. Just hope BiJ won't undervalue without me asking for it. :-)

Just curious what they'll do with the shipping cost though, since in my order confirmation e-mail they say these costs are an estimate (at 2 kg, no clue what they think a figure wil weigh :P) and might be adjusted up and down, implying they would have to reimburse the amount you paid too much for shipping. Easiest would be if they would just have a (somewhat) flat shipping rate like most European stores and the GSC store or just charge shipping when the item is released. :)

Vodkanroll
Regular Boarder

Vodkanroll

Online No
Level 9
Joined 1 year ago
Post(s) 26
Location Spain

18 days ago
Hi guys!

This is my very first time using Big in Japan services. Irequested a shopping qoute to buy at Suruga-ya through their proxy service.

Do you know how long will they take to answer me and send me the first invoice / shopping quote?

Best regards!

Korhyuji
Regular Boarder

Korhyuji

Online No
Level 6
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 8
Location France

18 days ago
Vodkanroll (18 days ago) #28913734Hi guys!

This is my very first time using Big in Japan services. Irequested a shopping qoute to buy at Suruga-ya through their proxy service.

Do you know how long will they take to answer me and send me the first invoice / shopping quote?

Best regards!

Hi,
I think 1 or 2 working days but if you have a paypal account and want to save money, it's not the good deal.
Indeed Surugaya accepts Paypal and forwarding service is cheaper in the case of Surugaya's orders (only 500JPY / 1000 JPY with repack option against 500JPY + 10-15% commission).
Yeah you have to make your order yourself but it's very efficient because you don't risk to get sold out items between your request and the order placement.
After it's just an advice, you're free to proceed as you like :)
Regards

Vodkanroll
Regular Boarder

Vodkanroll

Online No
Level 9
Joined 1 year ago
Post(s) 26
Location Spain

18 days ago
Korhyuji (18 days ago) #28914733Vodkanroll (18 days ago) #28913734Hi guys!

Best regards!

Hi,
I think 1 or 2 working days but if you have a paypal account and want to save money, it's not the good deal.
Indeed Surugaya accepts Paypal and forwarding service is cheaper in the case of Surugaya's orders (only 500JPY / 1000 JPY with repack option against 500JPY + 10-15% commission).
Yeah you have to make your order yourself but it's very efficient because you don't risk to get sold out items between your request and the order placement.
After it's just an advice, you're free to proceed as you like :)
Regards

Thank you for answer!

The item I am interested on is NSFW. Does Suruga-ya accept Paypal for those items?

Best regards!

Korhyuji
Regular Boarder

Korhyuji

Online No
Level 6
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 8
Location France

18 days ago
Vodkanroll (18 days ago) #28916513

Thank you for answer!

The item I am interested on is NSFW. Does Suruga-ya accept Paypal for those items?

Best regards!

It depends on the items age rating. Suruga-ya highlights R18 with a logo.
But please consider that most of NSFW are R18 and Paypal doesn't allow such kind of items.
So there is a high chance you have to choose a proxy which accepts them unfortunately.
As I know, BIJ is ok with that that's why your first idea isn't so bad.

Vodkanroll
Regular Boarder

Vodkanroll

Online No
Level 9
Joined 1 year ago
Post(s) 26
Location Spain

18 days ago
Korhyuji (18 days ago) #28919470
It depends on the items age rating. Suruga-ya highlights R18 with a logo.
But please consider that most of NSFW are R18 and Paypal doesn't allow such kind of items.
So there is a high chance you have to choose a proxy which accepts them unfortunately.
As I know, BIJ is ok with that that's why your first idea isn't so bad.

Thanks for the info. I tried to buy it by my own but I couldn’t because during the checkout, there wasn’t a Paypal option. I hope that BiJ answers my mail asap but meanwhile I will keep eating my nails... xD

frostwonderland
Regular Boarder

frostwonderland

Online No
Level 10
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 689
Location USA

14 days ago
edit: never mind
Updated 13 days ago #29083665

Sasori
Regular Boarder

Sasori

Online No
Level 10
Joined 7 years ago
Post(s) 37

8 days ago
Hello,

recently I have a lot of problems with Big in Japan and I think their custom service is a shame.

So I was thinking, if somebody knew a shop, which is similar to them. (shipping etc.)

Thank you!

Rikudou
Regular Boarder

Rikudou

Online No
Level 22
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 395
Location United Ki...

8 days ago
Sasori (8 days ago) #29322309Hello,

recently I have a lot of problems with Big in Japan and I think their custom service is a shame.

So I was thinking, if somebody knew a shop, which is similar to them. (shipping etc.)

Thank you!

In my experience, most Japanese retailers act in the same manner when it comes to customer service and if there are problems they normally don't really offer solutions. With that in mind I would say they are similar to AmiAmi and Nippon-Yasan.

Cloudy_Cat
Regular Boarder

Cloudy_Cat

Online No
Level 11
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 165
Location United St...

8 days ago
How long does it take for BiJ to invoice you if you send in a forwarding ticket after the item arrives at their warehouse/place? I ended up submitting the ticket the day after the package arrives, and I'm kinda nervous since I haven't hear anything from them, they don't return packages do they? Like their FAQ says they'll hold them for 6 months...

I generally try to send in tickets after the item has been shipped from suruga-ya and before it arrives at BiJ, but this time I was on a plane when it shipped, and I almost was able to send in a ticket on time but forgot to press the final "confirm my order" button. Man I was confused the next day when I got zero emails from BiJ. And when do you guys generally place your first ticket? I think I'm going to start sending them in earlier now, haha
Updated 8 days ago #29343063

Rikudou
Regular Boarder

Rikudou

Online No
Level 22
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 395
Location United Ki...

8 days ago
Cloudy_Cat (8 days ago) #29343063How long does it take for BiJ to invoice you if you send in a forwarding ticket after the item arrives at their warehouse/place? I ended up submitting the ticket the day after the package arrives, and I'm kinda nervous since I haven't hear anything from them, they don't return packages do they? Like their FAQ says they'll hold them for 6 months...

I generally try to send in tickets after the item has been shipped from suruga-ya and before it arrives at BiJ, but this time I was on a plane when it shipped, and I almost was able to send in a ticket on time but forgot to press the final "confirm my order" button. Man I was confused the next day when I got zero emails from BiJ. And when do you guys generally place your first ticket? I think I'm going to start sending them in earlier now, haha

How long have you been waiting for a reply? I believe BiJ is like the other Japanese retailers and don't necessarily process things on weekends and red days.

Cloudy_Cat
Regular Boarder

Cloudy_Cat

Online No
Level 11
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 165
Location United St...

8 days ago
Rikudou (8 days ago) #29352152Cloudy_Cat (8 days ago) #29343063How long does it take for BiJ to invoice you if you send in a forwarding ticket after the item arrives at their warehouse/place? I ended up submitting the ticket the day after the package arrives, and I'm kinda nervous since I haven't hear anything from them, they don't return packages do they? Like their FAQ says they'll hold them for 6 months...

How long have you been waiting for a reply? I believe BiJ is like the other Japanese retailers and don't necessarily process things on weekends and red days.

I submitted my ticket last Wednesday and idk about time zone logistics, so it's been about 2-3 days? Their how-to page on forwarding said that if they get non-identifiable packages upon arrival "the processing will be greatly delayed" so I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this/how long it takes before.

miztes
Regular Boarder

miztes

Online No
Level 7
Joined 9 months ago
Post(s) 43
Location Canada/Ma...

7 days ago
Hi, I was debating on ordering some R18 doujins from Suru and I see that BiJ is usually the forwarding service that most people use? I've read all the steps to do so, but mostly I'm conflicted about the repacking option that they offer for an additional 500 yen. I've read all the stories about Suru's packages being really large and was wondering if it's worth the extra money to ask BiJ to repackage the doujins...?

Right now I'm thinking of only doing one order so I won't be having multiple orders coming in to BiJ and was just wondering if anyone's had experience with this. Also do you guys usually buy the forwarding ticket after you've placed your orders, or do you wait for them to ship out first before buying the ticket?

frostwonderland
Regular Boarder

frostwonderland

Online No
Level 10
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 689
Location USA

5 days ago
miztes (7 days ago) #29390014Hi, I was debating on ordering some R18 doujins from Suru and I see that BiJ is usually the forwarding service that most people use? I've read all the steps to do so, but mostly I'm conflicted about the repacking option that they offer for an additional 500 yen. I've read all the stories about Suru's packages being really large and was wondering if it's worth the extra money to ask BiJ to repackage the doujins...?

Right now I'm thinking of only doing one order so I won't be having multiple orders coming in to BiJ and was just wondering if anyone's had experience with this. Also do you guys usually buy the forwarding ticket after you've placed your orders, or do you wait for them to ship out first before buying the ticket?

I ordered ~15 doujinshi from Suru a few months ago and had BiJ forward them without repackaging. All of the books came in fine, no dents/creases or anything. The box Suru used was a reasonable size, not unnecessarily large, so the books didn't have room to slide all over the place. I can't recall Suru wrapping them with any packing material (paper, bubble wrap, etc.) though. If you're concerned about the possibility of damage in transit, I'd say go for the repackaging option since BiJ will definitely bubble wrap them.

I buy the forwarding ticket after my order has shipped just because Suru can take like a week to ship stuff out and BiJ only has a month-long holding period.
Updated 5 days ago #29472564

nendoxnerd
Regular Boarder

nendoxnerd

Online No
Level 13
Joined 8 years ago
Post(s) 317
Location NYC

5 days ago
miztes (7 days ago) #29390014Hi, I was debating on ordering some R18 doujins from Suru and I see that BiJ is usually the forwarding service that most people use? I've read all the steps to do so, but mostly I'm conflicted about the repacking option that they offer for an additional 500 yen. I've read all the stories about Suru's packages being really large and was wondering if it's worth the extra money to ask BiJ to repackage the doujins...?

I always buy the ticket before I order - you don't pay for anything until BiJ ships you your stuff. I've had them forward many packages from Surugaya as well as Melonbooks and Toranoana with R18 stuff in it without any problems.

miztes
Regular Boarder

miztes

Online No
Level 7
Joined 9 months ago
Post(s) 43
Location Canada/Ma...

5 days ago
View spoilerHide spoilerfrostwonderland (5 days ago) #29472564miztes (7 days ago) #29390014Hi, I was debating on ordering some R18 doujins from Suru and I see that BiJ is usually the forwarding service that most people use? I've read all the steps to do so, but mostly I'm conflicted about the repacking option that they offer for an additional 500 yen. I've read all the stories about Suru's packages being really large and was wondering if it's worth the extra money to ask BiJ to repackage the doujins...?

I ordered ~15 doujinshi from Suru a few months ago and had BiJ forward them without repackaging. All of the books came in fine, no dents/creases or anything. The box Suru used was a reasonable size, not unnecessarily large, so the books didn't have room to slide all over the place. I can't recall Suru wrapping them with any packing material (paper, bubble wrap, etc.) though. If you're concerned about the possibility of damage in transit, I'd say go for the repackaging option since BiJ will definitely bubble wrap them.

I buy the forwarding ticket after my order has shipped just because Suru can take like a week to ship stuff out and BiJ only has a month-long holding period.

nendoxnerd (5 days ago) #29481264miztes (7 days ago) #29390014Hi, I was debating on ordering some R18 doujins from Suru and I see that BiJ is usually the forwarding service that most people use? I've read all the steps to do so, but mostly I'm conflicted about the repacking option that they offer for an additional 500 yen. I've read all the stories about Suru's packages being really large and was wondering if it's worth the extra money to ask BiJ to repackage the doujins...?

I always buy the ticket before I order - you don't pay for anything until BiJ ships you your stuff. I've had them forward many packages from Surugaya as well as Melonbooks and Toranoana with R18 stuff in it without any problems.

Thank you both for your replies! It's always nice hearing from people who've had experience with ordering R18 doujins and using BiJ as the proxy. I'd usually use FromJapan as my proxy to order doujins but recently found out that they're iffy when it comes to R18 stuff so for security reasons. Thanks once again for the advice.

« Prev   1 74 75 76 77 78 79 80   Next »

Top ↑

Join the club to join the discussion.