Figure Site and Shop ForumFigure Site and Shop ForumThis club is for discussion and shop & site related questions.

Sparxxors
Regular Boarder

Sparxxors

Online No
Level 6
Joined 4 months ago
Post(s) 16
Location San Diego...

1 month ago
YuRiPa (1 month ago) #27881424NemsEngelAceSasu (1 month ago) #27843300
They'll keep it. I've wrote them when I noticed, the first 1-2 times they refunded and then they didn't reply anymore. Like nendos they ship for 480-580¥ with sal, but you always pay 680¥.

But since I'm from europe and it doesn't get caught by customs I just suck it up. The alternative, Nippon yasan, is worse, they charge 1080¥ for shippping one nendo.

Thanks for your quick reply. :) Guess I'll just have to treat the extra shipping costs then as part of the figure cost (though it is an increase of around 1400 JPY, since I guess the actual shipping cost will be close to 3600 JPY or sth). I think I won't ask them to lower the value (although if they do it at their own accord, they may, as long as I will be fully insured if sth goes wrong with shipping). :-) I am actually still a bit hesitant because if customs find out you declared a too low value, you're in trouble and might end up having to pay a lot more. But still, even with all customs costs and VAT, this figure is cheaper than in European stores (which is mostly not the case actually). I have read too many negative stories about Nippon Yasan, won't go to them. :P

Chances are, they won't insure anything that's not declared. If for example, you have a 10k yen package sent via EMS and they marked 5k yen, they can only reimburse you for the declared value of 5k yen. If you have the same 10k yen package sent via small packet SAL/airmail, you're only insured for up to 6k if they declare it that high. BiJ isn't known for their great customer service, so I doubt they'd reimburse you for more than what was marked on the customs invoice if they undervalue and something goes wrong.

NY seems to MAJORLY undervalue (like 2k yen for 10k yen item) so you end up having to show a receipt for the full amount while customs holds the item. With BiJ, I don't know if they'll listen to your request or just undervalue whatever they feel like. But if you want it undervalued, try asking them to undervalue to an amount that you think would be reasonable but cheaper for customs duties.

Top ↑

Join the club to join the discussion.