Figure shop and site reviewFigure shop and site reviewThis club is for discussion and shop & site related questions.

Wardub
Regular Boarder

Wardub

Online No
Level 5
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 3

2 years ago
Torchersphix (2 years ago)Yea I got a tracking number. After the Paypal went through (2ish days after the purchase) I got an email from Paypal with the subject "More details on your shipment" The updated information said it was shipped by Hongkong post and there was a tracking number.
Did you choose "normal" or EMS shipping? Been a few days and I haven't got tracking :(.

Torchersphix
Regular Boarder

Torchersphix

Online No
Level 11
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 12
Location Florida, ...

2 years ago
Wardub (2 years ago)Torchersphix (2 years ago)Yea I got a tracking number. After the Paypal went through (2ish days after the purchase) I got an email from Paypal with the subject "More details on your shipment" The updated information said it was shipped by Hongkong post and there was a tracking number.
Did you choose "normal" or EMS shipping? Been a few days and I haven't got tracking :(.

Definitely, just normal. They updated my paypal order status and that is where they had the shipping number.
Updated 2 years ago #1033222

Spooky
Regular Boarder

Spooky

Online No
Level 9
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 7
Location United St...

2 years ago
OK I just got the shipping update from PayPal and japan to you also sent me a shipping notice. It took them just over a week. I got the EMS, since it's a coldcast figure I want it tossed around the mail as little as possible.

Wardub
Regular Boarder

Wardub

Online No
Level 5
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 3

2 years ago
Okay, I received my tracking number. Anyone know what the Enquiry Reference Number is? Anyone been able to track their package? Mine says presently unavailable. Wish I went with EMS.
Updated 2 years ago #1033843

Brenbanana
Regular Boarder

Brenbanana

Online Yes
Level 12
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 447
Location Belgium

2 years ago
So saturday I ordered something from them and today they just payed me my money back ^^' without any message why they did that x-x
I sended them a message to ask them if the item is sold out, cause it's still available at their site ^^'

Edit : LOL looking at the site now they only made the product more expensive .. wow that's very low ^^'
Updated 2 years ago #1034143

Torchersphix
Regular Boarder

Torchersphix

Online No
Level 11
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 12
Location Florida, ...

2 years ago
Wardub (2 years ago)Okay, I received my tracking number. Anyone know what the Enquiry Reference Number is? Anyone been able to track their package? Mine says presently unavailable. Wish I went with EMS.

Quick update. Okay I was given that tracking number with the paypal on 7/11, I couldn't do anything with it. Today 7/18 I can enter it at USPS.com It says the package was accepted in hong kong by registered mail yesterday.

Spooky
Regular Boarder

Spooky

Online No
Level 9
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 7
Location United St...

2 years ago
My figure arrived today and it looks legit. The packing wasn't very good though. When I got the package from the PO it made me nervous, as it was small and banged up. The shipping box was barely any bigger than the figure box and only a thin layer of bubble rap protected it. Thankfully there was no damage. As I said before I'd keep these guys in the last resort category, but they do have one other figure I want that I can't find anywhere else so I may order from them again.

Kiraneyu
Regular Boarder

Kiraneyu

Online No
Level 5
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 3
Location Californi...

2 years ago
Hi all!

I just have a quick question about how long your packages took to get to your house from the date you made the order?

I made the order on 7/10 and I asked for normal shipping, they never gave me a tracking number, and I have checked my bank account several times to see if they gave me my money back and they haven't. So at this point I'm worried... I just need to figure out whether I need to keep waiting or do a dispute.

I would really appreciate your input. Thank you!

Torchersphix
Regular Boarder

Torchersphix

Online No
Level 11
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 12
Location Florida, ...

2 years ago
Kiraneyu (2 years ago)Hi all!
I just have a quick question about how long your packages took to get to your house from the date you made the order?
I made the order on 7/10 and I asked for normal shipping, they never gave me a tracking number, and I have checked my bank account several times to see if they gave me my money back and they haven't. So at this point I'm worried... I just need to figure out whether I need to keep waiting or do a dispute.
I would really appreciate your input. Thank you!

Yea, I placed my order 19ish days ago (7/11). It just arrived today. I actually can't confirm what is in the package because I am still away and a relative picked it up for me, but it did arrive at my house. The tracking number they gave me in the paypal status was definitely good. For a distance reference it was shipped to florida, and they are in china.
Updated 2 years ago #1060592

Kiraneyu
Regular Boarder

Kiraneyu

Online No
Level 5
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 3
Location Californi...

2 years ago
Torchersphix (2 years ago)Yea, I placed my order 19ish days ago (7/11). It just arrived today. I actually can't confirm what is in the package because I am still away and a relative picked it up for me, but it did arrive at my house. The tracking number they gave me in the paypal status was definitely good. For a distance reference it was shipped to florida, and they are in china.

I am guessing I should be worried now then. x.x My package is being shipped to California.

Spooky
Regular Boarder

Spooky

Online No
Level 9
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 7
Location United St...

2 years ago
Kiraneyu (2 years ago)Torchersphix (2 years ago)Yea, I placed my order 19ish days ago (7/11). It just arrived today. I actually can't confirm what is in the package because I am still away and a relative picked it up for me, but it did arrive at my house. The tracking number they gave me in the paypal status was definitely good. For a distance reference it was shipped to florida, and they are in china.

I am guessing I should be worried now then. x.x My package is being shipped to California.

Not necessarily. Even though, like you, I'm much closer to the west coast instead of sending the package across the pacific they sent it in the opposite direction and it entered the states through New York. Still a little to soon to worry. But I know how frustrating the long wait can be, especially when you can't track the progress.

Torchersphix
Regular Boarder

Torchersphix

Online No
Level 11
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 12
Location Florida, ...

2 years ago
Spooky (2 years ago)
it entered the states through New York.

^This. Same here came from NY.

Kiraneyu
Regular Boarder

Kiraneyu

Online No
Level 5
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 3
Location Californi...

2 years ago
Okay, thank you, both of you, for your advice. >_<
I really appreciate it.

Torchersphix
Regular Boarder

Torchersphix

Online No
Level 11
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 12
Location Florida, ...

2 years ago
Just got someone to confirm it for me. The package definitely came in alright. It was well packed and exactly what I ordered, not a bootleg or anything.

BlakShiranui
Regular Boarder

BlakShiranui

Online No
Level 10
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 4
Location Southern ...

2 years ago
Ordered a Billy Herrington Figma for 70 bucks with free shipping. I paid for it on 10/2 and I still haven't gotten an email confirmation, so I emailed them asking how the process is coming along. From what I've read, customer service here is a bitch so this month is going to be quite stressful.

Edit Oct 9: Alright finally got a confirmation email with a tracking number so it's a start. Now I just need to wait for it to get here.

Edit #2 Oct 22: Yay I finally got him today! Granted the shipping was free for me, but the box it was shipped in was so minimal. It was probably one inch bigger than the standard figma box and it was wrapped in one layer of bubble wrap. I noticed one corner was smashed and I expected the worst, and it really did show on the actual box. However, the actual figure is intact. I would only recommend buying from JapnToYou if the figure you want is IMPOSSIBLE to find relatively cheap.
Updated 2 years ago #1165721

Katto
SHSL Magical Girl
Administrator + Super High School Level

Katto

Online No
Level 26
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 875
Location Melbourne...

2 years ago
Thought I'd write a response on this store as well.

Originally ordered:
GSC Black Gold Saw 1/8 Animation version.
Alter Mercedes 1/8.

Since neither have any reports of bootlegs existing, I was certain that neither were unlicensed products, which was why I placed the order (the price was decent in comparison too, especially for new products).

After paying, I did not hear from Japtou for over a week, which I sent an email through their website and through their direct contact email. Waited a few more days with no response.
About 10 days after payment, I was refunded for my Black Gold Saw, with a message saying the item was out of stock. The refund was a flat US$190, which I was happy about, since it lessened the cost of the Mercedes 1/8.

After the refund, they sent me a tracking number about 2-3 days later. It took 10 days for it to actually be sent out from Hong Kong however.
I'm expecting it to arrive at home next week, so I'll update once I receive the item :)

tl;dr - Their customer service is non-existent, but they're not scammers.
http://media.tumblr.com/7d601def965bf263c09d71a0ba08d16d/tumblr_inline_mppd2cfU0k1s0iq8v.gifhttp://media.tumblr.com/b9718baf802c5b0076333e0afc31214c/tumblr_inline_mppd2g9rzN1s0iq8v.gifhttp://media.tumblr.com/f977dc76a89e38ec46ad536f56a43b94/tumblr_inline_mppdqnZXNe1s0iq8v.gif
Welcome to Despair~

Katto
SHSL Magical Girl
Administrator + Super High School Level

Katto

Online No
Level 26
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 875
Location Melbourne...

2 years ago
Update, Mercedes arrived today in perfect condition. The store is legit and pack their items decently for the purpose.

Katto (2 years ago)Thought I'd write a response on this store as well.

Originally ordered:
GSC Black Gold Saw 1/8 Animation version.
Alter Mercedes 1/8.

Since neither have any reports of bootlegs existing, I was certain that neither were unlicensed products, which was why I placed the order (the price was decent in comparison too, especially for new products).

After paying, I did not hear from Japtou for over a week, which I sent an email through their website and through their direct contact email. Waited a few more days with no response.
About 10 days after payment, I was refunded for my Black Gold Saw, with a message saying the item was out of stock. The refund was a flat US$190, which I was happy about, since it lessened the cost of the Mercedes 1/8.

After the refund, they sent me a tracking number about 2-3 days later. It took 10 days for it to actually be sent out from Hong Kong however.
I'm expecting it to arrive at home next week, so I'll update once I receive the item :)

tl;dr - Their customer service is non-existent, but they're not scammers.
http://media.tumblr.com/7d601def965bf263c09d71a0ba08d16d/tumblr_inline_mppd2cfU0k1s0iq8v.gifhttp://media.tumblr.com/b9718baf802c5b0076333e0afc31214c/tumblr_inline_mppd2g9rzN1s0iq8v.gifhttp://media.tumblr.com/f977dc76a89e38ec46ad536f56a43b94/tumblr_inline_mppdqnZXNe1s0iq8v.gif
Welcome to Despair~

Ferdverel
Regular Boarder

Ferdverel

Online No
Level 13
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 106
Location United St...

2 years ago
I figure I should give some input now, too.

I just ordered a Tako Luka - Smile vers. plushie (item #34198) from JapanToYou today.
Got an email confirmation within a couple of minutes after I sent in the Paypal payment, but like others have mentioned above, the email was blank but had an attachment with the order details and stuff. (>_>)

I was a bit hesitant to order at first, since the site looked a bit shifty, but I can't find Tako Luka anywhere anymore, and JapanToYou had it for a ridiculously low price. I'll see what happens, and keep updating this post every couple weeks or so.

From previous posters, sounds like they sell legit products and things do get sent out, so I sure hope mine does too. (>m<);;

UPDATE 11/27/2012

I received another empty email from them last Monday, 11/19/2012. Title was Order Update. I also received a separate email from Paypal with the tracking number sent from JapanToYou. So I assumed that's when my package got shipped.
The tracking number was for Hong Kong Post, but it didn't work when I put in the number until yesterday. Checking it today, it's still in transit. Hope it arrives safely soon.
Updated 2 years ago #1231191

neptunecadet
~Sayonara no Tsubasa~
Regular Boarder

neptunecadet

Online No
Level 18
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 38
Location United St...

2 years ago
I've ordered from Japtou twice and both times seemed sketchy, but ended up completely fine...however, the boxes were indented a little...

AndyPanda
Regular Boarder

AndyPanda

Online No
Level 15
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 401
Location India

2 years ago
Used them for the 1st time.They work in mysterious ways :), Some items have free shipping .
got the tracking number a week after payment, once i receive the goods will edit this post with more feedback

Edit:- Good Experience with this shop. i was a bit worried about the tracking not updating, so i sent an email to them.
They replied and asked me to wait for a few days for it to upload!!
I forgot to ask them to mark it as a gift but they did it anyways!(mind you it hit customs)

I had ordered some trading figures/ they were opened to confirm i got the ones i wanted. boxes were taped together and bubble wrapped and then put into a box!!

The only negative is that no unregistered post!!
Updated 1 year ago #1241113

« Prev   1 2 3 4   Next »

Top ↑

Join the club to join the discussion.