Figure shop and site reviewFigure shop and site reviewThis club is for discussion and shop & site related questions.

This thread has been closed.

Lenneth
the blue valkyrie
Very Important Boarder

Lenneth

Online No
Level 21
Joined 6 years ago
Post(s) 212

4 years ago
MFC Shops Feedback & Rating Page

Noticed they're not listed here yet but these guys are one of the newest stars on the block and they are awesome.

Based in Japan, they price in USD and they communicate very well suggesting the site is run by a gaikokujin.

Their site is cleanly organised and easy to use, variety is reasonable but probably not as wide as HLJ. Accepted payment methods are credit card and paypal and they ship by EMS and SAL.

The majority of the items they stock can be commonly found but they have a couple of shop exclusive specials like the RQ petit nendoroids. I hope they get in more things like this.

Some things they could do better though like allow orders to be recombined and let people cncel stuff if circumstances change.

There is no point/loyalty system in place but their prices are quite low.

oh and lastly, they are supporters of tsuki-board!

mememo
Sale Hunter
Very Important Boarder

mememo

Online No
Level 18
Joined 5 years ago
Post(s) 398
Location Ireland

4 years ago
Very good shop i have ordered 5 figures from them with no problems. Low prices , Fast shipping and good communications . I also really like the fact that you can order some shop exclusive figures like the Petit RQ nendos from them and i hope they get more japan exclusive figure in the future

neo_valkyrie
Very Important Boarder

neo_valkyrie

Online No
Level 14
Joined 5 years ago
Post(s) 156
Location United St...

4 years ago
I just made an order with them the other day. They shipped it out the very next day. I'm impressed so far. Their prices for discounted items and shipping are totally reasonable. I just wish I discovered them sooner. There were a couple of back-ordered figures I wouldn't mind buying.
http://i45.tinypic.com/2n15apx.jpghttp://myfigurecollection.net/profile/neo_valkyrie/sign.png http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/51/tech30.gif

ShindoW
Regular Boarder

ShindoW

Online No
Level 12
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 29
Location United St...

4 years ago
I ordered my Velvet (Odin Sphere) from them as well as another preorder and the Evangelion Tarot Cards (got those safe and sound they are spectacular). Aside the shipping calculator being a little wonky, I've had no problems. Looks like they only charge when they ship, which is great for reserving a hard to find figure.
http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/ShindoW/sign.png
+S.hindo.W.+

ragingduck
Regular Boarder

ragingduck

Online No
Level 14
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 35
Location Right beh...

4 years ago
Ordered a dozen figures from them, 6 in-stock and 6 backordered. Got the in-stock this week; they shipped via FedEx Economy. Not a fan of FedEx, but they didn't have EMS as a choice. Kanu Aisha arrived slightly crunched; everything else was packed at least decently. More importantly though, it took them one week to go from ordered to shipped.

The backordered stuff, however... the more I think about it, the more I do NOT like the system. First I have to admit that I'm a little biased because some errors were made -___- So, you know, take this with a grain of salt.

Vincent explained that when an item sells out, the system automatically changes it to a backorder status unless it's known ahead of time that there's absolutely no chance for extra orders to be fulfilled. When someone orders a backordered item, Otacute then places an order with their supplier. This has some interesting consequences:

1) It can take a while before results come in about whether a backordered item is available or not. It took about 10 days between when I made the order until I was notified that all available items were ready to ship. Not that big a problem, but it's good to know.

2) The much bigger deal: orders for backordered items CANNOT be cancelled. If it becomes available, you have to buy it. There is no mechanism to simply check to see if it's purchasable! If you're just buying one or two figures at a time, I guess this isn't too inconvenient. On the other hand, if you're working with a budget and a list of figures, this just doesn't work!

This is especially true in the case where an item is popular and going to be harder to obtain a week or two later: there's no way I can request a few items, wait 7-10 days to find out which items are and aren't available, request a few more items, wait again, repeat ad nauseum.

Kzuki on the main page noted that all she did was email Otacute about the backordered items she was interested in. While I was emailing a few questions to Vincent about the backorder process, I also provided a brief list of backordered items that I would like to buy. Vincent wrote, "For this time, we will check the list of products you sent us. From next please place a reservation for the products you want."

If I had another $500 - 1000 to drop on them on the off-chance that all of them turned out to be available, then fine, I would have placed an order. But I don't, which is why I wanted to know which items were available. The kicker is that it's been 11 days since I sent my list to Otacute and I haven't heard a peep from them.

Overall, I would say that, unless an item is for a very good price or unavailable elsewhere, I would not shop with them again. Grr.
Updated 4 years ago #48004

Kzuki
Stalker
Regular Boarder

Kzuki

Online No
Level 19
Joined 5 years ago
Post(s) 284
Location The Nethe...

4 years ago
It seems like you did have quite some issues with Otacute, ragingduck. That's a shame ><.
I must say for me it also didn't come without any problems.

As I did place an order for the back-ordered figure that I wanted and knowing that I couldn't cancel it (I don't mind, I really wanted it after all), I was somewhat worried that I wasn't able to get the figure. Thus, I e-mailed and asked if they would have a re-stock anytime soon and they told me they would know more in a week.
A week later they contacted me, yes the figure would definitely be available. Good, I was happy and waited for the next time they would contact me with the shipping quote.

A couple of days pass and I get the shipping quote. The price seemed to be way off in the quote, they made an error obviously and I contacted them right away. The figure being $35.50 and becoming $78.90 is a huge difference after all xd..
No big deal, but annoying yes. I contacted them, they confirmed the bug and fixed it the next day.

They shipped my order on the 18th, I choose registered SAL. So I won't be getting it anytime soon. But when I do, I'll post again on how I've received the figure.

timelord_science
Regular Boarder

timelord_science

Online No
Level 20
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 870
Location United St...

4 years ago
Bought a few figures from them and they've always been fast - customer service and shipping wise (granted, I pay for EMS shipping).

On top of that, they always give me free stuff with my orders. :D

though, I must say, the boxes they ship in are pretty lol - old beer and tea cases/boxes.
Updated 4 years ago #50354

ragingduck
Regular Boarder

ragingduck

Online No
Level 14
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 35
Location Right beh...

4 years ago
Wanted to post an update: my original set of backorders have arrived. However, it's now been three weeks (!) since I wrote to Otacute about the list of backordered items that I'm interested in, and I still haven't heard from them. I understand that last week was Silver Week until the 23rd, so I wasn't expecting to hear from them at during that time; however, this is really... something.

timelord_science
Regular Boarder

timelord_science

Online No
Level 20
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 870
Location United St...

4 years ago
ragingduckWanted to post an update: my original set of backorders have arrived. However, it's now been three weeks (!) since I wrote to Otacute about the list of backordered items that I'm interested in, and I still haven't heard from them. I understand that last week was Silver Week until the 23rd, so I wasn't expecting to hear from them at during that time; however, this is really... something.

That's really weird that you're not hearing back from them; I usually get a response from them in 12hrs or less whenever I write in to them about something. In fact, I recently wrote to them in regards to seeing if they were doing the Menace Revol. pre-order and they got back to me about 4 hrs later.

mememo
Sale Hunter
Very Important Boarder

mememo

Online No
Level 18
Joined 5 years ago
Post(s) 398
Location Ireland

4 years ago
timelord_scienceragingduckWanted to post an update: my original set of backorders have arrived. However, it's now been three weeks (!) since I wrote to Otacute about the list of backordered items that I'm interested in, and I still haven't heard from them. I understand that last week was Silver Week until the 23rd, so I wasn't expecting to hear from them at during that time; however, this is really... something.

That's really weird that you're not hearing back from them; I usually get a response from them in 12hrs or less whenever I write in to them about something. In fact, I recently wrote to them in regards to seeing if they were doing the Menace Revol. pre-order and they got back to me about 4 hrs later.

Same here i have contacted them 4-5 times and they have always emailed me back the same day . Dont wait for 3 weeks email them again ^_^;

fiwasaki
Very Important Boarder

fiwasaki

Online No
Level 17
Joined 5 years ago
Post(s) 36
Location Brazil

4 years ago
Well, I just received my MegaHouse's Echidna Special Edition from Otacute.

I made the order when people started to comment about the store here. The figure wasn't in the special sales but it was cheaper than in the other known stores that already had it sold out. The only option for shipping to my country was SAL but I'm already used to it.

After almost 4 weeks, the figure and its box arrived in perfect condition. The empty space between the figure box and the package was filled with newspaper. I also LOL'ed when I realized that the package was a canned tea carton. It's so amusing that I'm keeping it too.

As a gift, I also got a cute rubber strap of Kaguya (from Prism Ark) and two advertising posters of Revoltech action figures (Falco and Melona).

So, I didn't have any kind of problem in this first experience with them. At least for now, I don't see any reason for me to not give another go at Otacute.
http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/fiwasaki/sign.png
Updated 4 years ago #51231

ragingduck
Regular Boarder

ragingduck

Online No
Level 14
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 35
Location Right beh...

4 years ago
mememoSame here i have contacted them 4-5 times and they have always emailed me back the same day . Dont wait for 3 weeks email them again ^_^;
Just sent them a brief email; we'll see. If they don't respond by Friday, I guess I'll have to start actively discouraging people I know from buying from Otacute. This is not something I like to do, but the whole experience has rubbed me the wrong way. From all of your comments I guess this is supposed to be unusual. I guess they are just too busy handling other people's large orders!

I did get a bonus item (a flat keyfob of a character I don't recognize). To be honest, I don't really care for such things...
Updated 4 years ago #51276

xxangelchanxx
Very Important Boarder

xxangelchanxx

Online No
Level 18
Joined 5 years ago
Post(s) 465
Location New york ...

4 years ago
I'm ordering my friend's gift through there.
The prices are wonderull,will see how it goes.
http://i.imgur.com/H6dgR.gif

Hatchuu
ADDR:HATCHUU_TEIWAZ_MFC/.
Regular Boarder

Hatchuu

Online No
Level 15
Joined 5 years ago
Post(s) 29
Location Australia

4 years ago
Nandeyanen got me onto there after I had major troubles in tracking down a cheap Hatsune Miku nendoroid. They had it in stock so I promptly signed up and purchased it :D
I chose the tracked SAL option (around $15 USD) and a few days later got my shipment notice. The price all up was $38 USD, and it came quickly and it was well packed so nothing shifted or was bent. There was also a small keychain included with a note saying who'd packed it, I was quite surprised and very happy with the personalization (and freebies!).

Overall I really liked Otacute and because they have fantastic specials and quite a few things not yet out of stock that I want I'll most certainly be ordering from them again. :D

e4gleeye
Regular Boarder

e4gleeye

Online No
Level 8
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 9
Location Indonesia

4 years ago
I'm trying to get a figure off this shop but they does not seem to want my business >_<!

When I check out through the gate2shop system (Credit Card), there seem to be a system error preventing the transaction to be completed (Tried 2 cards). Anybody else having this problem? I guess PayPal is the way to go, but need to top those up first, gonna take at least a week...

nb: Does it check card address? My brother is buying it for me as he's in Singapore (no fuss customs), but his Credit Card is Indonesian (So shipping address is not the same as the billing address). Never had this problem with other shops that accept Credit Card though...
http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af57/e4gleeye/Witches.jpg

timelord_science
Regular Boarder

timelord_science

Online No
Level 20
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 870
Location United St...

4 years ago
e4gleeyeI'm trying to get a figure off this shop but they does not seem to want my business >_<!

When I check out through the gate2shop system (Credit Card), there seem to be a system error preventing the transaction to be completed (Tried 2 cards). Anybody else having this problem? I guess PayPal is the way to go, but need to top those up first, gonna take at least a week...

nb: Does it check card address? My brother is buying it for me as he's in Singapore (no fuss customs), but his Credit Card is Indonesian (So shipping address is not the same as the billing address). Never had this problem with other shops that accept Credit Card though...

If you haven't already, you should try to email them about the payment situation - they'd be more than happy to help you out (the guy who does customer service is extremely nice there).

That said, I usually pay via paypal so I don't have much experience with gate2shop, sadly.

Kzuki
Stalker
Regular Boarder

Kzuki

Online No
Level 19
Joined 5 years ago
Post(s) 284
Location The Nethe...

4 years ago
I just received my Yoko Crimson Chapter from Otacute.
Took 13 days to get here with SAL, which is pretty fast.
Also got a strap as a freebie and some mini figure magazine.
The figure was well packed and I'm really satisfied. Will order from them again.

ragingduck
Regular Boarder

ragingduck

Online No
Level 14
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 35
Location Right beh...

4 years ago
Another update: nada. Zip. Zilch. Four weeks and zero information on my "dirty dozen". I guess they don't want my money, even though at this point I have cash in hand for everything I asked about. There's a couple I really want to know about, so I guess I'll go through the backorder gauntlet one last time. After this, though: no more Otacute for me, unless they started selling that 1/4 KOS-MOS pre-painted for $50.

(...yes, that means "never again".)
Updated 4 years ago #53813

SilverLynxy
Regular Boarder

SilverLynxy

Online No
Level 10
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 115
Location Canada

4 years ago
So far I've placed a few orders with Otacute based on others' recommendations of good customer service, that they sell legit items directly from Japan, they offer SAL shipping, and that they sometimes include little bonuses with your purchases (which is kind of a nice feature).

One of the items I've ordered is a Japan exclusive item and because of their lack of a decent recombination system, I held off ordering until I found something else to order with said item. When I came back to the site a few days later, I found out pre-orders had closed for the item. Because they don't list dates for pre-order closures, I was so upset! If I'd known ahead of time that pre-orders would close, I would have ordered sooner. I was going to buy the same item from my normal proxy dealer (Tokyohunter), but he was charging nearly DOUBLE the amount for the same item! Anyhow, I emailed Otacute and got a friendly reply saying that there would be a few more slots open, so he opened orders for the item again and I've placed my order now! I'm absolutely thrilled! I won't know how things will go for another few months until the items arrive, but I like the site so far. =^_^=

PROS:
+ Friendly customer service (going above and beyond!)
+ SAL shipping
+ No pre-order deposit

CONS:
- Pre-orders are final (no cancellations allowed)
- No pre-order end dates listed
- No order recombination system

mangasus90
Very Important Boarder

mangasus90

Online No
Level 21
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 819
Location Viet Nam-...

4 years ago
I know they dont accept order cancellation. But what will happen if to that month and you suddenly get a problem and cant pay them and you explain your situation to them , they will still put you in black list?
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp273/dn-sonnu/46210247ce6d4ec96fe.gif

« Prev   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 36   Next »

Top ↑

Join the club to join the discussion.