Figure shop and site reviewFigure shop and site reviewThis club is for discussion and shop & site related questions.

PrettyCranium
Regular Boarder

PrettyCranium

Online No
Level 9
Joined 5 years ago
Post(s) 13

5 years ago
MFC Shops Feedback & Rating Page

Kirin Hobby

I would highly recommend them. I've ordered at least 10 figures from them -- all the Haruhi Figmas, some Ghost in the Shell statues, some Sega Haruhis, a Tachikoma. They are all legitimate, non-bootleg figures and are shipped professionally.

As well, they have excellent customer service. For my first order with them, I had forgotten to change my Paypal shipping address from an old one, so the package went to the wrong location. They corrected the problem with the Canadian Post Office quickly.

I always order from Kirin Hobby first, if the figure is available there. I'm pretty sure I'm putting their kids through college . . .

neo_valkyrie
Very Important Boarder

neo_valkyrie

Online Yes
Level 15
Joined 5 years ago
Post(s) 156
Location United St...

5 years ago
They're legit. I've bought from them once. They ship fast and package well. They also have an ebay store last time I checked. I just think their prices are higher than other US based stores. That's the only reason I haven't ordered from them again. Other than that they're a good place to shop.
http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/neo_valkyrie/sign.png

NikkiKora
Regular Boarder

NikkiKora

Online No
Level 10
Joined 6 years ago
Post(s) 3
Location United St...

4 years ago
I ordered Kotobukiya's Narika (Beat Blades Haruka) figure for Christmas. She arrived, but was broken at the knee. Still, I'm sure it's due to the shipping, and we might be able to get a refund/exchange. :\\

prinn
Regular Boarder

prinn

Online No
Level 14
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 146
Location United St...

4 years ago
Ordered my Nendroid Yui from them - very prompt, fast shipping, responds quickly to emails.

kayuath
Regular Boarder

kayuath

Online No
Level 9
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 37

4 years ago
I bought Asuka Langley Fraulein Revoltech from them some time ago, and they were awesome.
Packaging was excellent, and shipping speed was okay (2 days to dispatch the item, but it arrived in 1 week to my door). so yeah.. 5/5 shop.

Celtic7Guardian
Regular Boarder

Celtic7Guardian

Online No
Level 24
Joined 5 years ago
Post(s) 2176
Location United St...

4 years ago
This looks like a great place to get older figures that have been missed. I'll be keeping this in mind for when I have some spare money.

jinx626
Regular Boarder

jinx626

Online No
Level 11
Joined 6 years ago
Post(s) 5
Location United St...

4 years ago
Good prices especially on Kotobukiya figures. They also are very prompt in answering email for questions about orders. Only thing i wish from them is a bigger selection.

iheartcurry
Regular Boarder

iheartcurry

Online No
Level 14
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 403
Location Californi...

4 years ago
Just ordered a Luffy Strong World edition from them, asked them if it was okay that they send it later (as opposed to sooner) and they were understanding.
Currently selling all my figures. PM for more info.

Fate Zero, Umineko no naku koro ni, Tiger&Bunny, UtaPri, Atelier Rorona, Gundam 00, and Howl's Moving Castle Doujin for sale

Reinier
Regular Boarder

Reinier

Online No
Level 20
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 458
Location Miami, Fl...

3 years ago
I purchased a K-On! Mio figure from these guys because it was sold out in almost all the other shops. They were on winter vacation until January 5th but once they got back from vacation it took them 3 days to prepare/ship the figure that I ordered. Shipping was around $12 for Fedex ground and it took 6 days for Fedex to deliver because of "severe weather conditions". The figure arrived in a small box filled with bubble sheets, no damage to the box or the shipping box either.

The figure was authentic, it had the authenticity stickers on the front and an AAA distribution sticker on the bottom of the box (the official North American distributor).

Overall I would probably rate them an 8/10 because their prices are pretty high and they dont have much selection but they do have some figures that are sold out elsewhere for sale on their site.
http://i54.tinypic.com/ehf5gh.gif
♥ Holo ♥

V-Ism
Regular Boarder

V-Ism

Online No
Level 13
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 80
Location Los Angel...

3 years ago
How are they with backorders? I'm waiting to see if they get any more Drossel Figmas.
http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/V-Ism/sign.png

nicetoasty
Regular Boarder

nicetoasty

Online No
Level 13
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 38
Location Canada

3 years ago
Got my back-ordered Samurai Champloo SIF set today. Fast shipping and good customer service. They even went out of their way to take pictures to show me the condition of the items without my asking for it.

Arveene
Regular Boarder

Arveene

Online No
Level 12
Joined 5 years ago
Post(s) 16
Location Michigan,...

3 years ago
I placed an order with them a few months ago. It arrived quickly, but it was missing part of the base. The earthquake messed with their ability to get a replacement part, but they eventually were able to get one to me. I assume they used one from their own stock. Their customer service was very friendly and responses were quick.

Tori
Regular Boarder

Tori

Online No
Level 12
Joined 5 years ago
Post(s) 179
Location Argentina

3 years ago
Do you know if they are willing to under declare the item values?? Thanks!

Gasaraki
Very Important Boarder

Gasaraki

Online No
Level 13
Joined 6 years ago
Post(s) 63
Location United St...

3 years ago
I like them, but way too expensive IMO

overflow

Regular Boarder + Ghost

overflow

Online No
Level 19
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 1622
Location Californi...

3 years ago
Does anyone know how often they update their site with new pre-orders? Their Kotobukiya prices seem alright, so I'm waiting to see how much something would be there before ordering from a Japanese site.
[My Splits] http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/WingsofaLostSoul/yorisig.jpg [My Sales] Art credit: yori

vietxmikey
Regular Boarder

vietxmikey

Online No
Level 8
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 21
Location Los Angel...

3 years ago
Just looked at some of the figures they had and they are CHEAP! Sucks that I'm saving up right now. Hopefully they have the ones I want when it's time for me.

Tori
Regular Boarder

Tori

Online No
Level 12
Joined 5 years ago
Post(s) 179
Location Argentina

3 years ago
ToriDo you know if they are willing to under declare the item values?? Thanks!

They don't :P. If someone else need it to know...

busterj990
Regular Boarder

busterj990

Online No
Level 10
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 1
Location Michigan

3 years ago
Kotobukiya items are really cheap at kirin hobby so I like them

suwa194
Regular Boarder

suwa194

Online No
Level 13
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 10
Location New York,...

2 years ago
I have brought my Danboard from them, and I had a heart attack when there was a manufacture flaw, so I thought they sold bootlegs until I compared my danboard to my friend's legit one, and sure that it was just a flaw.

Other than my bad luck, they have really good customer service because they always replied to my e-mails. =]

They're pricing can be a little high, but sometimes you find some relatively decent pricing on some items.

Shipping in U.S. is standard, 4-5 days..

Hente
Regular Boarder

Hente

Online No
Level 6
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 1

2 years ago
Do these guys deliver from the US or from Japan? I'd just like to know if I have to end up paying $30 for EMS or not.

« Prev   1 2 3   Next »

Top ↑

Join the club to join the discussion.