Figure shop and site reviewFigure shop and site reviewThis club is for discussion and shop & site related questions.

thekillerpotato
Regular Boarder

thekillerpotato

Online No
Level 7
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 21

2 years ago
Anyone get anything new from Nippon0-Yasan lately? :)

Anxiously waiting for them to give me an invoice on preorders.

bananapanda
Regular Boarder

bananapanda

Online No
Level 12
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 371
Location Californi...

2 years ago
@thekillerpotato Haven't received anything from them yet but I messaged them about getting my invoice early to pay for it now, & they answered super quick and I paid early. Now all I have to do is wait until next month until the release. :>

thekillerpotato
Regular Boarder

thekillerpotato

Online No
Level 7
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 21

2 years ago
Yeah I was thinking about it... but the money amount is large :).

What did you get if you don't mind sharing?

bananapanda
Regular Boarder

bananapanda

Online No
Level 12
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 371
Location Californi...

2 years ago
I ordered item #80601 from them, since they were the only place that still had her for an okay price.
I'm still kind of worried about if they have enough stock of her for everyone who ordered but I'm going to be positive about it.

thekillerpotato
Regular Boarder

thekillerpotato

Online No
Level 7
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 21

2 years ago
How do u insert the item into this text field. I was going to share what I ordered from them...

Risayla
◔‸◔
Regular Boarder

Risayla

Online No
Level 19
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 254
Location Australia

2 years ago
thekillerpotato (2 years ago)How do u insert the item into this text field. I was going to share what I ordered from them... Just paste the whole URL link of the page. ^^
If I haven't confirmed/dropped any slots in your G/O please send me a message as I may have forgotten about it.
Thank you. ^o^

royard
Regular Boarder

royard

Online No
Level 7
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 10

2 years ago
As someone who has ordered WAY too much stuff from them during these two months, I will throw my two cents in:

1. They are legit. They are very good at ordering Tamashii web shop exclusives.
2. Their customer service during the two months was great. They have a cute system which allows you to communicate with customer service regarding your order in a forum-chat manner. Generally less than one day of response time. Preorder cancellation, shipping method changes, etc all can be done.
3. Their shipping is good-okay. They offers many different services and they have the shipping cost right when you put your item in the cart (even for pre-order items)--no need to wait for them to calculate shipping after you put an order in. If you are doing preorder, the item will be shipped very fast after being released. They also do exactly what you tell them to do--I preordered two things that where released on the same day separately, so they shipped the items separately. However, their problem is that sometimes they take one week to ship an order that was listed in stock for some reason.
4. Their email system is good. They send you automated emails about your order status, and they include the link to the tracking system. All you need to do is clicking on the link, and it will bring you to the item's tracking page on Japan Post.
5. They only charge for preorders when it was released.
Updated 2 years ago #1087002

Silvery
Regular Boarder

Silvery

Online No
Level 12
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 25
Location Poland

2 years ago
Since I'm a lazy ass, I'll just copy my post from the other thread:
Silvery (2 years ago)Ran-Mori (2 years ago)Has anyone ordered from Nippon-Yasan? (ext link)
Bought two items, had to cancel an item once. In every case their response was quick.
Their packaging is awesome, a mix of paranoia and luxury - they even include an extra layer of tissue paper between a box and a bubble wrap layer just so the box of your precious figure feels pampered enough. Oh, and there's a piece of paper with a (hand-written!) "thank you for your purchase" note taped to the bubble wrap. Now that feels nice.

That, and they have nice shipping options, and sometimes their preorder prices are quite low, as in "second to AmiAmi" kind of low.
I will admit that I strongly dislike their habit of slowly rising the price after a sought-out item is out or nearly out, though. I had been worried about paying the higher price for my preorder once, but thankfully they charged me for the old price.
Oh, and apart from preorders their prices are rather high.
Updated 2 years ago #1107512

1carrotcake
Regular Boarder

1carrotcake

Online No
Level 7
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 41

2 years ago
Don't treat Nippon-Yasan as your 1 stop store. Check prices around the net before you buy from them. They don't have the best price.

Lately their communication (answering messages) has gone down again. Haven't gotten a reply for 2 days now.

You can compare their prices with places like Hobby Link Japan and Big in Japan (Big In Japan is another place I some times buy from - but you HAVE TO PAY IN ADVANCE IN ALL PRE ORDERS or any Orders)

LunarSign
Regular Boarder

LunarSign

Online No
Level 15
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 1014
Location Japan

2 years ago
1carrotcake (2 years ago)Don't treat Nippon-Yasan as your 1 stop store. Check prices around the net before you buy from them. They don't have the best price.

Lately their communication (answering messages) has gone down again. Haven't gotten a reply for 2 days now.

You can compare their prices with places like Hobby Link Japan and Big in Japan (Big In Japan is another place I some times buy from - but you HAVE TO PAY IN ADVANCE IN ALL PRE ORDERS or any Orders)

I think Big in Japan only require immediate payment for exclusives only, does not apply to standard run preorders.
http://i45.tinypic.com/2hcdu0y.png http://i48.tinypic.com/293do5y.png

Going to post my huge post-event sales soon, feel free to check out ^_^

kettenkrad
Regular Boarder

kettenkrad

Online No
Level 15
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 43
Location Philippin...

2 years ago
1carrotcake (2 years ago)Lately their communication (answering messages) has gone down again. Haven't gotten a reply for 2 days now.

Glad to know that I'm not the only one having this issue. It's my first time buying from them and from the comments here I've seen reviews that their reply is fast and so on.

1carrotcake
Regular Boarder

1carrotcake

Online No
Level 7
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 41

2 years ago
LunarSign (2 years ago)1carrotcake (2 years ago)Don't treat Nippon-Yasan as your 1 stop store. Check prices around the net before you buy from them. They don't have the best price.

I think Big in Japan only require immediate payment for exclusives only, does not apply to standard run preorders.

Maybe they have changed that around, because I remember last year some time they changed their policy to pay for all pre orders or immediate payment (before they didn't have to have immediate payment), now they change it again, it's been more than 6 months since I ordered from them.

Here is what's on their website currently:

Is it possible to pay when the items are ready to ship or should I pay on order?

Both are possible. We understand that some customers would rather wait until the items are in stock to make their payment, while others would rather pay immediately and not have to think about an invoice coming in later.

In that sense, four payment methods are offered to you :

- Pay immediately by Paypal

- Pay immediately by credit card via IMG Global (VISA and Mastercard only)

- Deferred Payment by Paypal. In that case, we will send you a Paypal invoice once all your items have arrived in stock. Attention : this payment method only applies to orders totalling less than 20,000 yen. If your total is more than that amount, we ask you to please pay immediately.

- Bank transfers : for residents of Japan only. We need to receive the transfer within 7 days of the date of order otherwise the order will be assumed as cancelled.

Attention : all Paypal invoices must be settled within 7 days. Past that timeframe, the order will be cancelled and the customer blacklisted from using our services any further.

Attention : exclusive and limited items all require immediate payment.
Updated 2 years ago #1108019

1carrotcake
Regular Boarder

1carrotcake

Online No
Level 7
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 41

2 years ago
kettenkrad (2 years ago)1carrotcake (2 years ago)Lately their communication (answering messages) has gone down again. Haven't gotten a reply for 2 days now.

Glad to know that I'm not the only one having this issue. It's my first time buying from them and from the comments here I've seen reviews that their reply is fast and so on.

I guess it depends on their "mood" sometimes if you're lucky they are fast, sometimes....maybe slow or no reply. So in terms of communication from Nippon Yasan....I think they're not consistent. So take that into consideration...so my advice is to be 110% sure what you want and if you want to order from them, and shipping information won't change when the item(s) come in stock, meaning no changes to the order after you place them then you should be golden.

One of the other things I like about Nippon Yasan is that some how their shipping is very fast to Toronto (where I live)... both in Japan, I have had items shipped from Nippon "later" than some items coming from Hobby Link Japan - around the same time but items from Nippon came FIRST even when they were shipped later than the items from HLJ! Now this is not just one time happened...seems like every time when Nippon ship things to me they're all in 1 week or less than 2 weeks max with "Regular" shipping method.

Also, if the price is right on Nippon Yasan......buying from them with pre orders they seem to get the items in stock very quick even compared to HLJ.... and for sure 1000 times faster than American Figure stores. So I always feel I get things first hand like in Japan! except maybe 1 or 2 weeks late.
Updated 2 years ago #1108026

MsNix
Regular Boarder

MsNix

Online No
Level 16
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 92
Location Albion, V...

2 years ago
I have just ordered from them for the first time, I am patient and willing to see how it goes. I have a long wait till march or so as it's a pre -order sooooo guess I will let you all know how it goes then lol

Silvery
Regular Boarder

Silvery

Online No
Level 12
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 25
Location Poland

2 years ago
1carrotcakeDon't treat Nippon-Yasan as your 1 stop store. Check prices around the net before you buy from them. They don't have the best price.
It's quite obvious.
Also, no, they don't have the best prices in general; as I said, *sometimes* they have the best prices for preorders, second to AmiAmi. 1carrotcakeOne of the other things I like about Nippon Yasan is that some how their shipping is very fast to Toronto (where I live)... both in Japan, I have had items shipped from Nippon "later" than some items coming from Hobby Link Japan - around the same time but items from Nippon came FIRST even when they were shipped later than the items from HLJ! Now this is not just one time happened...seems like every time when Nippon ship things to me they're all in 1 week or less than 2 weeks max with "Regular" shipping method.
You do realize that once the package leaves the shop, they have no control over how fast it's gonna ship to you?
Updated 2 years ago #1108081

1carrotcake
Regular Boarder

1carrotcake

Online No
Level 7
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 41

2 years ago
Silvery (2 years ago)1carrotcakeDon't treat Nippon-Yasan as your 1 stop store. Check prices around the net before you buy from them. They don't have the best price.
It's quite obvious.
Also, no, they don't have the best prices in general; as I said, *sometimes* they have the best prices for preorders, second to AmiAmi.

There is no definite answer as to prices it depends on what you are getting. Things for me might be a steal for you might be shit price.

1carrotcakeOne of the other things I like about Nippon Yasan is that some how their shipping is very fast to Toronto (where I live)... both in Japan, I have had items shipped from Nippon "later" than some items coming from Hobby Link Japan - around the same time but items from Nippon came FIRST even when they were shipped later than the items from HLJ! Now this is not just one time happened...seems like every time when Nippon ship things to me they're all in 1 week or less than 2 weeks max with "Regular" shipping method.
You do realize that once the package leaves the shop, they have no control over how fast it's gonna ship to you?

I have more than 20 orders from them so far super fast shipping. No Jinks. Knock on wood.

Mailing --- If you want control, pay extra for shipping with tracking and declare FULLLLL VALUE of your orders for insurance (even though there is an upper limit.) Buying online from Yasan is just like buying from other web stores, take your chances, I don't think we need to explain this here everybody understands.

And by the way, the faster shipping could be 2 things - LUCK or Could be the shipping origin location has a usual fast processing to destination in Canada which I think in my case. Also Canadian and Japan have good relations so usually shipping from Japan is pretty quick.
Updated 2 years ago #1108206

1carrotcake
Regular Boarder

1carrotcake

Online No
Level 7
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 41

2 years ago
Silvery (2 years ago)Since I'm a lazy ass, I'll just copy my post from the other thread:
Silvery (2 years ago)Ran-Mori (2 years ago)Has anyone ordered from Nippon-Yasan? (ext link)
Bought two items, had to cancel an item once. In every case their response was quick.
Their packaging is awesome, a mix of paranoia and luxury - they even include an extra layer of tissue paper between a box and a bubble wrap layer just so the box of your precious figure feels pampered enough. Oh, and there's a piece of paper with a (hand-written!) "thank you for your purchase" note taped to the bubble wrap. Now that feels nice.

That, and they have nice shipping options, and sometimes their preorder prices are quite low, as in "second to AmiAmi" kind of low.
I will admit that I strongly dislike their habit of slowly rising the price after a sought-out item is out or nearly out, though. I had been worried about paying the higher price for my preorder once, but thankfully they charged me for the old price.
Oh, and apart from preorders their prices are rather high.

That is why there is something call "PRE ORDERS" - if you want the cheapest price you need to get it before it comes out. Now a days toys / figures are like this. If you play with your fingers and wait, price will go sky high because toys these days are like stocks people make a big deal out of them making them expensive as if they're like rare treasures. For example the Zeta SDX already went up sky high in price at "later stage of the pre order", the figure wasn't even out yet. You wait, you pay more, simple. So as I said you've gotta be 110% sure what you want. That goes for any sites.

Silvery
Regular Boarder

Silvery

Online No
Level 12
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 25
Location Poland

2 years ago
Tell me, why are you explaining preorders to someone who mentioned using that option a couple of times already?

As to N-Y prices - as I said, apart from some preorders, they aren't the cheapest store - *compared to the other stores*. It's not my personal preference, feel or something, it's a fact.

Once again, you're stating obvious things about prices, preordering, using more than one shop, being quick with placing orders, etcetera. Yes, obviously there are three factors to the shipping's speed - kind of shipping (EMS, SAL, boat, etc), location, luck (i.e. customs or no customs). Again, as I said - there's no point in praising a shop for how fast the package was shipped.

No offense, but you must be someone with a lot of spare time to kill... I mean - I presume you're trying to be helpful, but you shouldn't assume that other posters are idiots and/or complete noobs.
Updated 2 years ago #1108514

thekillerpotato
Regular Boarder

thekillerpotato

Online No
Level 7
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 21

2 years ago
There are complete noobs here though. I'm a noob. :)

1carrotcake
Regular Boarder

1carrotcake

Online No
Level 7
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 41

2 years ago
Silvery (2 years ago)Tell me, why are you explaining preorders to someone who mentioned using that option a couple of times already?

As to N-Y prices - as I said, apart from some preorders, they aren't the cheapest store - *compared to the other stores*. It's not my personal preference, feel or something, it's a fact.

Once again, you're stating obvious things about prices, preordering, using more than one shop, being quick with placing orders, etcetera. Yes, obviously there are three factors to the shipping's speed - kind of shipping (EMS, SAL, boat, etc), location, luck (i.e. customs or no customs). Again, as I said - there's no point in praising a shop for how fast the package was shipped.

No offense, but you must be someone with a lot of spare time to kill... I mean - I presume you're trying to be helpful, but you shouldn't assume that other posters are idiots and/or complete noobs.

Maybe you need some medical help or something, nobody here is idiot - probably only you here.

If you learn how to read I don't recall my posts or much of other posts here are really "praising" Nippon Yasan - why don't you start with the title and then the first few posts of this thread? All I am giving here are just my experiences with Nippon Yasan, if you don't like to read my posts then you better not respond to them and mind your own business or goto another thread.

The only kind of idiot with lots of time to kill would be people like you dwelling on specific posts and try to make things complicated.
You definitely are not being helpful if you ask me I tend to ignore your posts and any I don't feel relevant, but I don't go on responding to these posts or try to make things complicated or mentioning something not practical with no purpose. I only come back to this thread if I get any email notification. I spend 5 mins max on this thread every time I get a notification. Why am I even telling you this, I must be an idiot to explain to another idiot and bring myself down to your idiotic level. Jesus.

If you use your brain (if you have any) to think about the purpose of this thread is basically people have concerns ordering from Nippon and just wanted to check out others experience or share their experiences.

WTF is noob? Buying a lot of stuff online makes you NOT a noob? so how do you define someone NOT a noob? how much orders you have to get inorder to "go up a level" ? Stop this retarded ranking. I spent more than 20,000 USD in 1.5 yr on toys, does it make me NOT a NOOB? Do I really care? NO. All I care is to search for things I want online and able to get them in a good price and arrive "safe" then I'm happy and that's my goal and I think most of the people here too I believe. So quit your bixching and dwell on other posts, little kids.
Updated 2 years ago #1108998

« Prev   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 34   Next »

Top ↑

Join the club to join the discussion.