Figure shop and site reviewFigure shop and site reviewThis club is for discussion and shop & site related questions.

chiyoko
Regular Boarder

chiyoko

Online No
Level 8
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 4
Location Finland

3 years ago
Anime Island

MFC Shops Feedback & Rating Page

International shop: (ext link)

US based online figure store.
Specialized in selling figures and anime & manga merchandise.

Shipping: USPS, FedEx and UPS
Payment methods: PayPal, Credit Card, Google Payments, Amazon Payments & Money Orders/Certified Checks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(ext link)

Does anyone have any experience about this shop? Maybe with international orders too?

Sasaki
Regular Boarder

Sasaki

Online No
Level 6
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 2
Location Oklahoma/...

3 years ago
I have ordered from them a few times. Great communication with the owners. I had mentioned a comment about Saber being my fave character and James actually sent me an email personally letting me know Saber distant avalon was on pre-order earlier this summer.

Great guys to deal with, quick shipping, no problems for me.

I live in the U.S. so I don't know about international shipping.

They are legit, and they also have an amazon store as well.

Shigerugal
Regular Boarder

Shigerugal

Online No
Level 10
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 8

2 years ago
Well I just made a order with them for the first time. I hope things go well (I've been sitting on the fence about buying from them but a friend of mine used them for a preorder and I figure I would test them out for the both of us. I did it for Kidnemo so its no big deal) I really hope I get him. I've been telling myself I would get him and that was months ago!

I ordered this badboy item #18346 He'll go great with the Dante I got last year XD

MechaMarin
Regular Boarder

MechaMarin

Online No
Level 10
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 11
Location Disney

2 years ago
I just ordered with them for the first time. Its a pre-order for Shirahoshi and I paid in Full. I'm kinda worried because all their releases dates are like two months after the actual date, does anyone know why? :/

AOS-
Regular Boarder

AOS-

Online No
Level 13
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 245
Location Mississau...

2 years ago
Probably because they get it later than other stores do. Its' the same with Navi-TO
-AOS
Murderface Enthusiast.

Anime-Island
Regular Boarder + Partner

Anime-Island

Online No
Level 19
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 61
Location Eastern P...

2 years ago
AOS-Probably because they get it later than other stores do. Its' the same with Navi-TO
^ We receive a majority of items 4-8 weeks later than Japanese stores do. This is the transit time via Cargo ship across the Pacific. Some items we receive faster like Gundam, S.H. Figuarts, Saint Seiya, most Bandai items. Our Kotobukiya items will start arriving alot sooner also.
Updated 2 years ago #833616

akomei
Regular Boarder

akomei

Online No
Level 15
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 125

2 years ago
MechaMarinI just ordered with them for the first time. Its a pre-order for Shirahoshi and I paid in Full. I'm kinda worried because all their releases dates are like two months after the actual date, does anyone know why? :/

There's no reason to worry, I've bought from Anime-Island before and they're legitimate and super helpful.

Can definitely say I give praise to how they handle questions, if you have any doubts, you should just ask them about it, they're really responsive

EDIT: Just posted and saw the comment above mine, this proves my point >>Anime-IslandWe receive a majority of items 4-8 weeks later than Japanese stores do. This is the transit time via Cargo ship across the Pacific. Some items we receive faster like Gundam, S.H. Figuarts, Saint Seiya, most Bandai items. Our Kotobukiya items will start arriving alot sooner also.
Updated 2 years ago #834011

MechaMarin
Regular Boarder

MechaMarin

Online No
Level 10
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 11
Location Disney

2 years ago
Oh that makes perfect sense!
Thanks for the quick reply guys. I really appreciate it!

My worries are gone.

Jezzy
Regular Boarder

Jezzy

Online No
Level 11
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 34
Location United St...

2 years ago
Just received my first order from them and was a tad disappointed to find that nothing was protecting the outside of the figure's box, which seem to have led to some scuff marks on the side that was against the shipping box. I'm not really a "box person" who needs it to be pristine, but if I try to sell it at some point...eh... I would have rather paid an extra 50cents for some bubble wrap.

Other than that, the order went smoothly, and I'll probably order from them again at some point.

Anime-Island

Anime-Island

Online No
Level 19
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 61
Location Eastern P...

2 years ago
JezzyJust received my first order from them and was a tad disappointed to find that nothing was protecting the outside of the figure's box, which seem to have led to some scuff marks on the side that was against the shipping box. I'm not really a "box person" who needs it to be pristine, but if I try to sell it at some point...eh... I would have rather paid an extra 50cents for some bubble wrap.

Other than that, the order went smoothly, and I'll probably order from them again at some point.

Hello Jezzy, sorry that your figure's box had scuff marks. May I ask which figure/order# it was? PM me please.

Our fulfillment center for USA bound shipments (international orders ship from a different location) is supposed to put air bubbles in place around figures over certain prices points/weights. We are always trying to adjust this as we don't want anyone getting damaged items/boxes but still want to keep prices as low as possible for customers.

For the future we can have any order with any item that is shipped to an address within the US transferred internally to our international shipment center and bubble-wrapped and placed in a heavy duty box for an extra charge. This charge would depend on the figure's size/weight of course. But for 1/8th figures it would be under $5. The extra charge is already included in the international shipment pricing and not in the USA shipment pricing.

Anime-Island

Anime-Island

Online No
Level 19
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 61
Location Eastern P...

2 years ago
tittycakesdoes "awaiting pickup" = "delivered" i'mm kinda confused because i never got a tracking number for my order and the status changed from pending to ship or w/e to "awaiting pickup"

Awaiting pickup means the item is waiting for USPS/UPS/FEDEX to pick it up from the warehouse. Once it is picked up we will email you the tracking info.
Updated 2 years ago #878873

Anime-Island

Anime-Island

Online No
Level 19
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 61
Location Eastern P...

2 years ago
You can see reviews about us thru the following links which give 4 different locations for reviews: (ext link)

Amazon

Ebay.com

Ekomi-US

ResellerRatings

Google
Updated 2 years ago #932983

4Arnd
4ア一ンド
Administrator

4Arnd

Online No
Level 26
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 2152
Location United Ki...

2 years ago
item #84622 arrived today, after 12 days "in limbo". USPS seem to have issues updating shipping info, but can't blame the shop for that one.

Two layers of bubble wrap, newspaper and wrapping paper ensured a safe journey (pics to follow). Box with the figure got one crease in the plastic on top though, but it not that noticable for me and really not a problem. Was being kept informed throughout the sale with regular email updates, full marks from me for Anime-Island. Thank you.

Now waiting for item #98090, which was cheaper to buy from Anime-Island than through middleman service from Japan.
https://www.facebookbrand.com/img/assets/asset.f.logo.lg.png . https://abs.twimg.com/a/1381432172/images/resources/twitter-bird-white-on-blue.png

Kuromii
Penniless collector
Regular Boarder

Kuromii

Online No
Level 11
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 270
Location UK

2 years ago
My order for a figure that's been out for a while is still at "Awaiting Fulfillment" after 8 days. What does this mean? It said she was in stock when I paid in full so I'm not too sure what exactly is waiting to be fulfilled.

4Arnd
4ア一ンド
Administrator

4Arnd

Online No
Level 26
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 2152
Location United Ki...

2 years ago
KuromiiMy order for a figure that's been out for a while is still at "Awaiting Fulfillment" after 8 days. What does this mean? It said she was in stock when I paid in full so I'm not too sure what exactly is waiting to be fulfilled.

It means your figure is not in stock. At least this is what it says on mine, which is coming out in June in Japan. But it states July.

Look in your Anime-Island order status page, it should state there when your figure due to be released. Remember, there is a delay between a release in Japan and a "release" in shops from the US.

Which figure is it?
https://www.facebookbrand.com/img/assets/asset.f.logo.lg.png . https://abs.twimg.com/a/1381432172/images/resources/twitter-bird-white-on-blue.png

Anime-Island

Anime-Island

Online No
Level 19
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 61
Location Eastern P...

2 years ago
KuromiiMy order for a figure that's been out for a while is still at "Awaiting Fulfillment" after 8 days. What does this mean? It said she was in stock when I paid in full so I'm not too sure what exactly is waiting to be fulfilled.

I believe this is the item you ordered : Yu-Gi-Oh!: Dark Magician Girl Ani-Statue Figure She is a 2nd re-release for us (1st re-release was around Christmas), she was released May 15th (this is why it was still listed with a choice of 20% down or 100% deposit still for pre-order when you ordered), then we transfer her to our Pa warehouse to be bubble-wrapped and boxed, then customs forms filled out then she ships so it takes a few extra days for the transfer/boxing for international orders. She just arrived today to be wrapped/boxed, She will ship out tomorrow.
Updated 2 years ago #943277

Kuromii
Penniless collector
Regular Boarder

Kuromii

Online No
Level 11
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 270
Location UK

2 years ago
Thank you 4Arnd and Anime-Island for clearing things up for me! I know the company is a good one so I wasn't too worried, just a little confused as it's my first time ordering there and jargon can differ between stores.

Thanks again :)

Sakarii
Regular Boarder

Sakarii

Online No
Level 11
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 90
Location United St...

2 years ago
I'm wondering why the site has Yusuke Urameshi up, but not Alter's Stocking yet? Stocking has been announced for longer than Yusuke...

EZTV
Regular Boarder

EZTV

Online No
Level 9
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 13
Location United St...

2 years ago
SakariiI'm wondering why the site has Yusuke Urameshi up, but not Alter's Stocking yet? Stocking has been announced for longer than Yusuke...

Yeah she is no where to be found at any store in the US.
Updated 2 years ago #943855

Anime-Island

Anime-Island

Online No
Level 19
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 61
Location Eastern P...

2 years ago
SakariiI'm wondering why the site has Yusuke Urameshi up, but not Alter's Stocking yet? Stocking has been announced for longer than Yusuke...

Alter has not solicited Stocking yet. We usually chalk this up to issues with licensing, this is what causes alot of delays. Funimation owns the rights in the US but Gainax is the main rights holder in Japan and they probably want to renegotiate their deal since Panty & Stocking is selling better in the US now. They have Funimation by the cojones right now if they are renegotiating, the Alter Panty figure already went up for order around the US months ago and sold well and people will want to finish the set with Stocking, plus Funimation is about to release a DVD/Blu-ray in July for the series. This stuff happens with other companies alot, like Bandai, we will get emails saying they may not ever carry an item and then it shows up a few months later or we get an early pre-order listing telling us that the figure's license is not secured yet but to sell it anyway as they will work it out.

« Prev   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10   Next »

Top ↑

Join the club to join the discussion.