Figure Site and Shop ForumFigure Site and Shop ForumThis club is for discussion and shop & site related questions.

Rikudou
Regular Boarder

Rikudou

Online No
Level 22
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 395
Location United Ki...

2 months ago
Anime-Island (3 months ago) #25055149edwardb (3 months ago) #25010148His service has decreased in quality, slow response of the support service, slow shipment, slow arrival of the figures, almost a month later than in the more stores, and I still have many preorders in this store, I will wait this week for the shipment of the order, but if I do not have it, I will have to request the return of my money through paypal.

Pm us your order number to check on what is holding your order up. It may be a figure that has not arrived is keeping the order from shipping or similar.

Anime-Island, you might want to update customers on some recent worries :)

anubis20
Regular Boarder

anubis20

Online No
Level 7
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 21
Location Bowie, MD

2 months ago
I smell MHT all over again... Last time I ordered from AI it took a while to get my order, even Amazon got it first. Ive given up on most pre-pay sites because of the MHT debacle.

edwardb
Regular Boarder

edwardb

Online No
Level 4
Joined 5 months ago
Post(s) 17

2 months ago
I have a preorder that already lost the coverage of paypal, but I have many more that still have coverage, and I will not lose, when they think that we should start to make a claim

edwardb
Regular Boarder

edwardb

Online No
Level 4
Joined 5 months ago
Post(s) 17

2 months ago
Rikudou (2 months ago) #26513841Anime-Island (3 months ago) #25055149edwardb (3 months ago) #25010148His service has decreased in quality, slow response of the support service, slow shipment, slow arrival of the figures, almost a month later than in the more stores, and I still have many preorders in this store, I will wait this week for the shipment of the order, but if I do not have it, I will have to request the return of my money through paypal.

Pm us your order number to check on what is holding your order up. It may be a figure that has not arrived is keeping the order from shipping or similar.

Anime-Island, you might want to update customers on some recent worries :)

yes, that was a month ago, and solved, but again and again the same problem with anime island, only this time it seems worse

Titan_Scientist
Regular Boarder

Titan_Scientist

Online No
Level 18
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 1344
Location Scotland

2 months ago
Can anyone waiting to hear from them please let us know if they do hear from, or if they haven't heard from Anime-Island, by the 6th of October?

If no one has (and if my item hasn't shipped), I'm going to open up PayPal disputes for my deposits for Ed, Al, the Shielder nendoroid parts, and my Ookurikara order (ugh, they were the last place to have him for a good price, too.)

edwardb
Regular Boarder

edwardb

Online No
Level 4
Joined 5 months ago
Post(s) 17

2 months ago
Titan_Scientist (2 months ago) #26522221Can anyone waiting to hear from them please let us know if they do hear from, or if they haven't heard from Anime-Island, by the 6th of October?

If no one has (and if my item hasn't shipped), I'm going to open up PayPal disputes for my deposits for Ed, Al, the Shielder nendoroid parts, and my Ookurikara order (ugh, they were the last place to have him for a good price, too.)

I will also be pending any news in this forum, or any response on the part of anime island, if there is no answer, open disputes through paypal also

T34IsBestWaifu
Regular Boarder

T34IsBestWaifu

Online No
Level 4
Joined 2 months ago
Post(s) 3

2 months ago
Hello everyone,

I've still yet to receive any replies from AI, despite already having opened a Paypal case concerning my order already (the deadline to escalate up to a Paypal claim is Oct 10th).

Even if Paypal settles in my favor, I will still be loosing out on the deposit I paid back in February, which falls outside the Paypal protection period.

I'm going to send AI a PM in a moment, as a final measure before escalating with Paypal. Maybe by some miracle AI will respond? Their FB page still shows no updates since 9/13/17.

Sign, lesson learned: stick with Japanese retailers! Good thing I've actually lost interest in figures, and drastically cut back on orders (the high figures prices are making this change much easier ha!)

ChocolateSpider
Regular Boarder

ChocolateSpider

Online No
Level 21
Joined 1 year ago
Post(s) 56
Location Louisiana...

2 months ago
I am starting to get really worried. I have several items which I expected to receive invoices for remaining balances last month, but only got an invoice for Roy Mustang and paid that September 5.

item #455378
item #463457
item #548616
item #543002
item #543001

Combining this with the fact that their pre-order listings haven't been updated for some time and me not getting a response from customer service, I am really fearing a repeat of the MHToyShop situation. :(

Shaerileth
「mother of a grimoire」
Regular Boarder

Shaerileth

Online No
Level 23
Joined 5 years ago
Post(s) 3798
Location USA

2 months ago
Their Amazon store and google plus pages are also gone. Tried to call the phone number and it's out of service.

I also have yet to get any replies from them about my prepaid orders...guess I'll be filing a paypal dispute as well.

I got a nendo perfectly fine a month or so ago, but this is all very unnerving, and they never had great communication to begin with.
Updated 2 months ago #26555443

edwardb
Regular Boarder

edwardb

Online No
Level 4
Joined 5 months ago
Post(s) 17

2 months ago
Well, I believe that with all these indications there will be no more solution than asking for paypal help to protect our money, I have a long list of orders with AI, and some are already expiring protection coverage with paypal, I will need the money for payment and advance payments to secure my orders elsewhere.

AshuriiKareshi
Mrs Shigaraki
Regular Boarder

AshuriiKareshi

Online No
Level 13
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 1005
Location Sheffield...

2 months ago
Still no word despite all the emails and pms.

I personally really don't want to open a PayPal dispute against them just because the figure I ordered is hard to find, and on the off chance they still have him I really want him. But if they don't get it sorted within the next month I'll probably cave and try and get my money back.

I just swear if they end up not having the figure dispite them waiting so long I'll be upset (animate has already done that to me this month but atleast they didn't charge me >>)

If you're running a store and have peoples money you need to be more organised then this ;-;

ChocolateSpider
Regular Boarder

ChocolateSpider

Online No
Level 21
Joined 1 year ago
Post(s) 56
Location Louisiana...

2 months ago
I would recommend doing it now rather than later. I had your attitude early during the MHToyshop situation and that screwed me over big time. When they closed their store page, I was no longer able to access my account, thus couldn't pull up specific information on my orders like what the item even was. They made attempts to obscure details in other forms of transaction records like not having the item name my my PayPal transactions, so this made filing a claim or dispute against specific charges really difficult. This was basically the equivalent of throwing a smoke bomb in front of me while they escape.

Just like Anime Island, I had nothing but good purchasing experiences from MHToyShop, then that suddenly happened. All this activity at Anime Island is looking exactly like what happened then. So I am going to file some claims while I can still actually have access to specific order information.

The moral of this story: Never deleted order conformation emails until you have gotten your item. Even better, always save a PDF copy of it. If all this stuff starts happening, that is the only detailed record of the transaction that can be dependably archived if a store going under tried to pull a disappearing act on you and your money. I learned this the hard way.

AshuriiKareshi (2 months ago) #26569432Still no word despite all the emails and pms.

I personally really don't want to open a PayPal dispute against them just because the figure I ordered is hard to find, and on the off chance they still have him I really want him. But if they don't get it sorted within the next month I'll probably cave and try and get my money back.

I just swear if they end up not having the figure dispite them waiting so long I'll be upset (animate has already done that to me this month but atleast they didn't charge me >>)

If you're running a store and have peoples money you need to be more organised then this ;-;
Updated 2 months ago #26569862

AshuriiKareshi
Mrs Shigaraki
Regular Boarder

AshuriiKareshi

Online No
Level 13
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 1005
Location Sheffield...

2 months ago
Thank you for the warning, I've honestly never had to deal with a paypal dispute before -.-

I still have all the emails and a pdf of the invoice saved (which you can get from your order page on their website so I sugguest everyone does that as it may be helpful if their site does disapear).

Do you think that would be enough? If they do delete their webpage.

ChocolateSpider (2 months ago) #26569862I would recommend doing it now rather than later. I had your attitude early during the MHToyshop situation and that screwed me over big time. When they closed their store page, I was no longer able to access my account, thus couldn't pull up specific information on my orders like what the item even was. They made attempts to obscure details in other forms of transaction records like not having the item name my my PayPal transactions, so this made filing a claim or dispute against specific charges really difficult. This was basically the equivalent of throwing a smoke bomb in front of me while they escape.

Just like Anime Island, I had nothing but good purchasing experiences from MHToyShop, then that suddenly happened. All this activity at Anime Island is looking exactly like what happened then. So I am going to file some claims while I can still actually have access to specific order information.

The moral of this story: Never deleted order conformation emails until you have gotten your item. Even better, always save a PDF copy of it. If all this stuff starts happening, that is the only detailed record of the transaction that can be dependably archived if a store going under tried to pull a disappearing act on you and your money. I learned this the hard way.

ChocolateSpider
Regular Boarder

ChocolateSpider

Online No
Level 21
Joined 1 year ago
Post(s) 56
Location Louisiana...

2 months ago
That will definitely help with filing a claim at least. There is one thing to remember when dealing with problems with orders in this scenario.

One of the go-to methods a store will use if they are making an attempt to run-off with money from an order they won't end up fulfilling is they will try to make the process of filing a claim against the transaction difficult by obscuring access to specific details of the order where they have the ability to do so.

It is hard to get a refund on an item you didn't receive if you have multiple orders, but can't point out which order or charge is the one you are wanting to dispute. It is a typical beau-acratic strategy. "We can reduce the amount of refunds we have to give to unhappy customers if we make the process of getting it so difficult, they just give up out of frustration. This way, responsibility for not getting the refund falls on the customer. We didn't deny them the refund, they just didn't finish their part of the process."

Unfortunately for consumers who are not prepared for this scenario in advance, this strategy often works. :|

AshuriiKareshi (2 months ago) #26570153Thank you for the warning, I've honestly never had to deal with a paypal dispute before -.-

I still have all the emails and a pdf of the invoice saved (which you can get from your order page on their website so I sugguest everyone does that as it may be helpful if their site does disapear).

Do you think that would be enough? If they do delete their webpage.
Updated 2 months ago #26570645

Shikaree
Regular Boarder

Shikaree

Online No
Level 10
Joined 6 years ago
Post(s) 89
Location United St...

2 months ago
You don't really need any of that stuff for a PayPal INR. PayPal doesn't care about that stuff anyways. Before 6 months is up, just go into PayPal history and open a claim for every payment to them that was not delivered. If you can't remember, just dispute everything. If seller does not provide a tracking number for each dispute showing delivered to your ship-to address, you will win. You have zero burden of proof.

It takes less than a minute to open each dispute. Then escalate it and there's nothing else to do. I don't think there is anything a seller can do to make the process more difficult.
Updated 2 months ago #26575803

Shaerileth
「mother of a grimoire」
Regular Boarder

Shaerileth

Online No
Level 23
Joined 5 years ago
Post(s) 3798
Location USA

2 months ago
Well, my order on anime-island's website has been updated as disputed. Not sure if that's some automatic update, but I guess we'll see if there is any reply to it.

I do know that I've been getting an "complete your order" email every day because I left something in the chart, lol.
Updated 2 months ago #26584735

straywind
Regular Boarder

straywind

Online No
Level 14
Joined 8 years ago
Post(s) 38
Location Toronto, ...

2 months ago
I had noticed that someone wrote a scathing comment a couple of days ago on the most recent figure that was up on their Facebook page. It was about the lack of communication and poor service. Said comment has now been deleted with no reply or update otherwise so it looks like someone is still policing their social media but they have yet to acknowledge their lack of communication. :(

I just checked Paypal and found that I still have some time left in a 6 month window to lodge a complaint with my order. I haven't messaged Anime Island directly to ask about my pre-order but I'm thinking of just lodging an item not received complaint for my Saturn Figuarts Zero figure because this is all looking super dodgy. I hate to lose the good pre-order price, but the shop is being so unnerving right now. Not sure if I could still get my money back but it's probably worth a shot.
http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/straywind/sign.png
Updated 2 months ago #26591259

edwardb
Regular Boarder

edwardb

Online No
Level 4
Joined 5 months ago
Post(s) 17

2 months ago
Attention , Anime island started to pay back money by paypal.

Titan_Scientist
Regular Boarder

Titan_Scientist

Online No
Level 18
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 1344
Location Scotland

2 months ago
Anime Island just refunded all of my orders with them after I put in claims on PayPal yesterday.

Props to them for refunding me so quickly, but I wish they'd told us there was something up first.

Oh, and their site is now down.

Shaerileth
「mother of a grimoire」
Regular Boarder

Shaerileth

Online No
Level 23
Joined 5 years ago
Post(s) 3798
Location USA

2 months ago
Was just about to reply saying the same.

https://jpeghost.net/x-qkdaaa.jpg

I also received my refund. I do appreciate them being so quick with refunds, but they really should have better communication, it's saddening. After trying to support US anime stores and just seeing them disappear one after another I guess it's a fruitless effort.
Updated 2 months ago #26598750

« Prev   1 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22   Next »

Top ↑

Join the club to join the discussion.