Figure Site and Shop ForumFigure Site and Shop ForumThis club is for discussion and shop & site related questions.

straywind
Regular Boarder

straywind

Online No
Level 14
Joined 8 years ago
Post(s) 38
Location Toronto, ...

2 months ago
I just saw the website go dark too. I literally just sent them an e-mail 5 minutes ago saying that I wanted to know about the state of my pre-order and that I would take further action shortly if I didn't hear back. Now I'm thinking forget it and I should just launch the Paypal item not received claim because this is ridiculous.
http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/straywind/sign.png

Shaerileth
「mother of a grimoire」
Regular Boarder

Shaerileth

Online No
Level 23
Joined 5 years ago
Post(s) 3798
Location USA

2 months ago
Website went back up...and then down again. Their Facebook is gone as well now. Lack of communication on their part is unacceptable. I hope everyone continues to receive refunds.
Updated 2 months ago #26598995

edwardb
Regular Boarder

edwardb

Online No
Level 4
Joined 5 months ago
Post(s) 17

2 months ago
R.I.P. Anime island, thanks for this years of support, please Refund all money of all customers.

ChocolateSpider
Regular Boarder

ChocolateSpider

Online No
Level 21
Joined 1 year ago
Post(s) 56
Location Louisiana...

2 months ago
So it's actually happening. I'm not gonna lie; I'm pretty bummed to see them go. I've gotten many of my favorite figures for some very good bargains from them through the years. They were always one of my go-to shops and I never had a bad experience with them. :(
Updated 2 months ago #26600598

EternalVendetta
Regular Boarder

EternalVendetta

Online No
Level 8
Joined 5 years ago
Post(s) 19

2 months ago
Hopefully everyone (including me) gets their money back. I saw notices of refunds of my most recent orders, so maybe they're starting from most recent and working their way backwards.

AshuriiKareshi
Mrs Shigaraki
Regular Boarder

AshuriiKareshi

Online Yes
Level 13
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 1007
Location Sheffield...

2 months ago
I'm actually really sad to be refunded, I really wanted the figure ;-;

Has everyones order been refunded? Are they closing down or something

Shaerileth
「mother of a grimoire」
Regular Boarder

Shaerileth

Online No
Level 23
Joined 5 years ago
Post(s) 3798
Location USA

2 months ago
AshuriiKareshi (2 months ago) #26605107I'm actually really sad to be refunded, I really wanted the figure ;-;

Going by the fact that the Facebook page has now disappeared and their website has a different maintenance page I'm thinking they're not coming back.

Hopefully everyone is able to find the figures they've been refunded for. I know I lost a good bit, but at least I was able to reorder what I had ordered from them.
Updated 2 months ago #26605214

EternalVendetta
Regular Boarder

EternalVendetta

Online No
Level 8
Joined 5 years ago
Post(s) 19

2 months ago
AshuriiKareshi (2 months ago) #26605107I'm actually really sad to be refunded, I really wanted the figure ;-;

Yeah, I had ordered a number of figures that are pretty much unavailable at this point. That really sucks, but right now I'm more concerned about just getting my money back.

T34IsBestWaifu
Regular Boarder

T34IsBestWaifu

Online No
Level 4
Joined 2 months ago
Post(s) 3

2 months ago
I can also confirm that AI issued Paypal refunds for both the deposit I put down for my preorder & the remainder portion I paid back on 9/1. Now I just have to wait a few days until I can confirm the Paypal refunds to my credit card account (which I used to pay both times).

So I guess the silver lining here is that AI did finally respond; it's sad to see another US retailer close up shop. One less place to order those Bandai exclusives from (Gundam metal builds to be exact).

Titan_Scientist
Regular Boarder

Titan_Scientist

Online No
Level 18
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 1344
Location Scotland

2 months ago
Does anyone have time to make a blog post about this?

I posted about it on one of the nendoroid groups today, but I don't have time to make a blog post to let anyone who doesn't use these forums know that they should make a claim and that AI is probably closing down.

adrikyn
Regular Boarder

adrikyn

Online No
Level 20
Joined 5 years ago
Post(s) 67
Location USA

2 months ago
Wait...seriously?! I'm having no luck lately, first MH Toyshop and now Anime Island.

Have you guys been getting refunds with or without Paypal disputes? I'll put mine in if need be.
Updated 2 months ago #26610617

Shaerileth
「mother of a grimoire」
Regular Boarder

Shaerileth

Online No
Level 23
Joined 5 years ago
Post(s) 3798
Location USA

2 months ago
adrikyn (2 months ago)Wait...seriously?! I'm having no luck lately, first MH Toyshop and now Anime Island.
Have you guys been getting refunds with or without Paypal disputes? I'll put mine in if need be.

So far it's only those with PayPal claims I believe.
Updated 2 months ago #26610761

ckretaznman
Regular Boarder

ckretaznman

Online No
Level 7
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 3

2 months ago
I have a few orders that I made with this company a while ago. I just got this on a few of my claims, I don't know what to do. https://i.imgur.com/HydE0Q9.png

Rikudou
Regular Boarder

Rikudou

Online No
Level 22
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 395
Location United Ki...

2 months ago
Shaerileth (2 months ago) #26610761adrikyn (2 months ago)Wait...seriously?! I'm having no luck lately, first MH Toyshop and now Anime Island.

So far it's only those with PayPal claims I believe.

They probably won't refund people unless prompted, I feel sorry for those that isn't aware of this.

Shaerileth
「mother of a grimoire」
Regular Boarder

Shaerileth

Online No
Level 23
Joined 5 years ago
Post(s) 3798
Location USA

2 months ago
ckretaznman (2 months ago) #26610836I have a few orders that I made with this company a while ago. I just got this on a few of my claims, I don't know what to do. https://i.imgur.com/HydE0Q9.png
You're going to have to contact paypal directly. Since a few of us have already received refunds they should have proof on their end already something is up. Plus, their facebook and even the website has been taken down. Find all the confirmation emails you can, since getting into your account via the website isn't possible now. I'm not sure if that will help, but that is the next action to take.

Rikudou (2 months ago) #26610985They probably won't refund people unless prompted, I feel sorry for those that isn't aware of this.
Very likely. Other than making a blog post, I'm really not sire how to bring more attention to it, though.
Updated 2 months ago #26611005

Rikudou
Regular Boarder

Rikudou

Online No
Level 22
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 395
Location United Ki...

2 months ago
Shaerileth (2 months ago) #26611005ckretaznman (2 months ago) #26610836I have a few orders that I made with this company a while ago. I just got this on a few of my claims, I don't know what to do. https://i.imgur.com/HydE0Q9.png
You're going to have to contact paypal directly. Since a few of us have already received refunds they should have proof on their end already something is up. Plus, their facebook and even the website has been taken down. Find all the confirmation emails you can, since getting into your account via the website isn't possible now. I'm not sure if that will help, but that is the next action to take.

Rikudou (2 months ago) #26610985They probably won't refund people unless prompted, I feel sorry for those that isn't aware of this.
Very likely. Other than making a blog post, I'm really not sire how to bring more attention to it, though.

Yeah, not much else to do :(

adrikyn
Regular Boarder

adrikyn

Online No
Level 20
Joined 5 years ago
Post(s) 67
Location USA

2 months ago
Well, I filed a dispute... I think? Paypal's being weird and it's not showing up... :/ Usually they show up right away.

straywind
Regular Boarder

straywind

Online No
Level 14
Joined 8 years ago
Post(s) 38
Location Toronto, ...

2 months ago
This is just terrible. Shame on you Anime Island for handling this situation so poorly. I had such a bad feeling over the summer when they severely overcharged me for shipping on the Proplica Sailor Moon Tuxedo Mirage music box for the service that was offered. The whole shipping method seemed overpriced, convoluted and inefficient. It doesn't surprise me that they were running things in a way that imploded. I wasn't planning to order from them again after that. I was just waiting for the one pre-order that I had open since the spring to go through. My gut was telling me since the music box that something wasn't right.

I did file a Paypal complaint. According to Paypal they'll process my refund request and that I'll be refunded on October 4th. Not sure if I need to provide further proof beyond just mentioning that the website is down because the refund process started immediately. I do still have my order emails and screenshots of my order from before the site went down just in case.

straywind
Regular Boarder

straywind

Online No
Level 14
Joined 8 years ago
Post(s) 38
Location Toronto, ...

2 months ago
adrikyn (2 months ago) #26611512Well, I filed a dispute... I think? Paypal's being weird and it's not showing up... :/ Usually they show up right away.

I found it didn't show up immediately. Took a couple of hours to get a confirmation email and see it on my Paypal page.

adrikyn
Regular Boarder

adrikyn

Online No
Level 20
Joined 5 years ago
Post(s) 67
Location USA

2 months ago
straywind (2 months ago) #26611709adrikyn (2 months ago) #26611512Well, I filed a dispute... I think? Paypal's being weird and it's not showing up... :/ Usually they show up right away.

I found it didn't show up immediately. Took a couple of hours to get a confirmation email and see it on my Paypal page.

Oh okay, that makes me feel better ;_; I'll wait a bit then.

I'm so frustrated and upset right now. I already went through this EXACT same song and dance with MH Toyshop a few months back and lost $90+. I can't believe this is happening again. I'm never trusting a domestic shop with a paid figure preorder again.

« Prev   1 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 22   Next »

Top ↑

Join the club to join the discussion.