Figure Site and Shop ForumFigure Site and Shop ForumThis club is for discussion and shop & site related questions.

OVB
Regular Boarder

OVB

Online No
Level 3
Joined 6 months ago
Post(s) 3
Location Barcelona...

5 months ago
sone (5 months ago) #19436003OVB (6 months ago) #19087744Just preordered this nendo from you, paying up full. Hoping there won't be any problems. Would be nice if I could get an ETA for Barcelona, Spain although I can understand you don't know right now when the items will arrive at your store.

Edit: When reviewing the order at your shop it says "manual verification required". What does this exactly mean?

i have the exact same thing, i preordered my items and paid in full, it has been two weeks it still says "manual verification required", should i be worried?
i already emailed my details to their sales@anime-island.com but theres no resolve.

http://i.imgur.com/0LSXMky.png

After getting this "Forwarded to acounting" I have not received a single proper answer for this. Really, only after I learnt that MAYBE this is just an authorization I decided to put my faith on then and do another preorder. Yes, I'm probably very stupid but right now this is the only shop that offers Caster Nendoroid at a reasonable price and being an official partner with Good Smile makes me want to believe I'm not being deceived.

I'm still waiting for a proper explanation. I just want my Nendo, that's all. Probably won't buy again from this shop after this fiasco.

PD: Now I've checked again and the order is now "declined". My authorization was once more put back into my account. Now I really want to know what is happening. It's ok to have my money rejected but WTF, at least tell me WHY
Updated 5 months ago #19498568

Anime-Island
Regular Boarder + Partner

Anime-Island

Online No
Level 25
Joined 6 years ago
Post(s) 133
Location USA

5 months ago
sone (5 months ago) #19436003OVB (6 months ago) #19087744Just preordered this nendo from you, paying up full. Hoping there won't be any problems. Would be nice if I could get an ETA for Barcelona, Spain although I can understand you don't know right now when the items will arrive at your store.

Edit: When reviewing the order at your shop it says "manual verification required". What does this exactly mean?

i have the exact same thing, i preordered my items and paid in full, it has been two weeks it still says "manual verification required", should i be worried?
i already emailed my details to their sales@anime-island.com but theres no resolve.

PM Your order number please.

Anime-Island

Anime-Island

Online No
Level 25
Joined 6 years ago
Post(s) 133
Location USA

5 months ago
OVB (5 months ago) #19498568sone (5 months ago) #19436003OVB (6 months ago) #19087744Just preordered this nendo from you, paying up full. Hoping there won't be any problems. Would be nice if I could get an ETA for Barcelona, Spain although I can understand you don't know right now when the items will arrive at your store.

After getting this "Forwarded to acounting" I have not received a single proper answer for this. Really, only after I learnt that MAYBE this is just an authorization I decided to put my faith on then and do another preorder. Yes, I'm probably very stupid but right now this is the only shop that offers Caster Nendoroid at a reasonable price and being an official partner with Good Smile makes me want to believe I'm not being deceived.

I'm still waiting for a proper explanation. I just want my Nendo, that's all. Probably won't buy again from this shop after this fiasco.

PD: Now I've checked again and the order is now "declined". My authorization was once more put back into my account. Now I really want to know what is happening. It's ok to have my money rejected but WTF, at least tell me WHY

Orders that have or had manual verification status generally are flagged by our card processor and need to be verified. Unfortunately some orders are flagged for multiple reasons and are not cleared. This is simply our credit card processors' level of security we use for payments. (THIS IS NOT FOR YOUR ORDER DIRECTLY AS I DO NOT KNOW YOUR NUMBER OR ANYTHING) We apologize if your payment was declined and the order cancelled, but the credit card security measures we have in place are not going to change on a case by case basis, if you order was declined it was simply because it caused too many red flags to pop up and was not cleared. Now if you would like to still purchase the item and a credit card was declined, try to use say PayPal to make the payment for an order and if that goes thru then we would complete the order/ship it. Otherwise credit card declined/payment issues are handled by the card processors we use, who use numerous security measures to lower each company exposure to fraud claims.
Updated 5 months ago #19522274

OVB
Regular Boarder

OVB

Online No
Level 3
Joined 6 months ago
Post(s) 3
Location Barcelona...

5 months ago
Anime-Island (5 months ago) #19522274Orders that have or had manual verification status generally are flagged by our card processor and need to be verified. Unfortunately some orders are flagged for multiple reasons and are not cleared. This is simply our credit card processors' level of security we use for payments. (THIS IS NOT FOR YOUR ORDER DIRECTLY AS I DO NOT KNOW YOUR NUMBER OR ANYTHING) We apologize if your payment was declined and the order cancelled, but the credit card security measures we have in place are not going to change on a case by case basis, if you order was declined it was simply because it caused too many red flags to pop up and was not cleared. Now if you would like to still purchase the item and a credit card was declined, try to use say PayPal to make the payment for an order and if that goes thru then we would complete the order/ship it. Otherwise credit card declined/payment issues are handled by the card processors we use, who use numerous security measures to lower each company exposure to fraud claims.

It's funny how, after 2 weeks of waiting and 4 tickets to you I get a proper answer. And it probably came because I was publicy showing how terrible is your customer service. You could have proposed me the paypal solution since the first ticket and I'd have considered. Right now, I'm just tired of your lack of care for your individual customers and this answer just shows it more clearly. I'm done with Anime-Island, probably will never even consider buying from your shop again. I only wanted to buy my first Nendoroid but yeah...
Updated 5 months ago #19523075

sone
Regular Boarder

sone

Online No
Level 5
Joined 1 year ago
Post(s) 2

5 months ago
Anime-Island (5 months ago) #19521959sone (5 months ago) #19436003OVB (6 months ago) #19087744Just preordered this nendo from you, paying up full. Hoping there won't be any problems. Would be nice if I could get an ETA for Barcelona, Spain although I can understand you don't know right now when the items will arrive at your store.

PM Your order number please.

it's already been resolve thx, it took 2 weeks but it finally went through.
i know you guys probably really busy, but should really improve on those customer service and problem resolving time, because waiting without knowing when will it resolve really time consuming, the faster we know whats going on the better, its just my input though, thx.

Anime-Island

Anime-Island

Online No
Level 25
Joined 6 years ago
Post(s) 133
Location USA

5 months ago
Going to post some info below to help others in the future.

My credit card was declined or order flagged (order says manual verification):

"I placed and order and right after the order shows disputed or verification required, what do I do?" Answer: This happened because a fraud flag was triggered thru the credit cards processor that we use (Authorize.net or PayPal Payflow). Most likely it is simple and needs to be confirmed by us by getting some info from the customer. If you had this occur you can simply send us an email to sales@anime-island.com and include your name, full billing address, the first & last 4 digits of your card (only the last 4) and the expiration date, this will expedite the process of clearing the flagged transaction.

The speed at which the declined or flagged credit card transactions are resolved/cleared is what it is unfortunately. We do not control many aspects of this service. Once a customer confirms their info or provides us with more (if requested), we send that info over to the rep and they reply back on their own. So each customer's experience with this is different based on when they send us the info, if the info sent was good enough and if/when the card processor/rep clears/declines the transaction, these all affect each customer's experience. To be 100% clear, this is not Anime Island processing the credit cards we are accepting the credit cards only, the actual processing and handling of fraud/other issues are done by two different outside credit card processors who charge/process the transactions and are paid to lower fraud chances for us and any other business using their services, we simply cannot adjust the speed of their responses or clearing transactions. This is no different than PayPal or Amazon payments holding transactions for days/weeks until they are cleared or not, just these card processors are PAYFLOW (which is PayPal) and POWERPAY (which is Authorize.net).

If a card/order is flagged for any reason by a card processor, the order thru us is not valid/paid until the issue is cleared. Which means we need info from the customer to see if the card can be cleared or not.

Below are just some of the reasons for a credit card/transaction being flagged or declined:

High Risk IP Address Check
High Risk Email Check
High Risk Country Check
Address Mismatch
Geo-Location Failure
Shipping/Billing Mismatch
AVS Failure
CSC Failure
IP Address Velocity
Freight Forwarder Match

Be patient if your card was flagged, your info will be forwarded to the processor and cleared/declined when their rep emails us back. We pay for these fraud protection services. The same way you don't people stealing your credit card, we don't want those same people using a stolen card on our website and our processors are just making sure you are the person using your card and not a thief.
Updated 5 months ago #19544194

maggie
Very Important Boarder

maggie

Online No
Level 24
Joined 7 years ago
Post(s) 209
Location ID, USA

5 months ago
Never had any problems with you guys, been ordering most of my items through you for over a year now. Responses have been timely and resolve any issues. Just wanted to say thanks and keep the coupons coming!

Kiz-xo
Regular Boarder

Kiz-xo

Online No
Level 12
Joined 1 year ago
Post(s) 27
Location Australia

5 months ago
Has anyone ordered from them in Australia? Fellow Australian here wondering how much the postage costs.
I'm interesting in a figure they have, but all the other US stores want $55+ USD for postage and the figure is already over $220 AUD
Also its sold out everywhere else

Emillia
Regular Boarder

Emillia

Online No
Level 10
Joined 1 year ago
Post(s) 54
Location Australia

5 months ago
Kiz-xo (5 months ago) #20061487Has anyone ordered from them in Australia? Fellow Australian here wondering how much the postage costs.
I'm interesting in a figure they have, but all the other US stores want $55+ USD for postage and the figure is already over $220 AUD
Also its sold out everywhere else

I've ordered from them once for one of the Sailor Moon Petit Chara sets. Since it was a pretty small item, the shipping was super cheap - around $10 or $15 dollars maybe? That was the cheapest untracked method, but it arrived no problems. They've since made some adjustments and offer free international shipping (really just incorporated shipping) on some of their items I think.

But I've checked with a few other things recently (bigger figures) and it seems like the international shipping prices are pretty steep. I think if you put an item into your cart you can get a shipping estimate if you punch in your country and post code. Good luck! I feel your pain where it's often really hard to find an affordable way to get things if we miss the Japanese pre-order on something :(

Shaerileth
「mother of a grimoire」
Regular Boarder

Shaerileth

Online No
Level 23
Joined 5 years ago
Post(s) 3649
Location USA

4 months ago
Has anyone ever ordered an in stock item and had it say "awaiting fulfillment"? I've checked and that label seems to be solely for items they don't have in stock yet... I have contacted them, but reading all this makes me slightly concerned...especially since I have a few paid in full pre-orders from them. ^^;

Shikaree
Regular Boarder

Shikaree

Online No
Level 10
Joined 5 years ago
Post(s) 77
Location United St...

4 months ago
Shaerileth (4 months ago) #20671079Has anyone ever ordered an in stock item and had it say "awaiting fulfillment"? I've checked and that label seems to be solely for items they don't have in stock yet... I have contacted them, but reading all this makes me slightly concerned...especially since I have a few paid in full pre-orders from them. ^^;
I wouldn't worry too much. They seem to be terribly slow on email, on receiving stuff, on shipping, on... everything? They are legit though and you'll get your stuff sooner or later, or get refunded. They have some of the lowest prices from NA retailers, so I guess they have to save money somewhere.

Shaerileth
「mother of a grimoire」
Regular Boarder

Shaerileth

Online No
Level 23
Joined 5 years ago
Post(s) 3649
Location USA

4 months ago
Shikaree (4 months ago) #20793367I wouldn't worry too much. They seem to be terribly slow on email, on receiving stuff, on shipping, on... everything? They are legit though and you'll get your stuff sooner or later, or get refunded. They have some of the lowest prices from NA retailers, so I guess they have to save money somewhere.
Thank you for the reply, makes me feel slightly better. XD;;
Updated 4 months ago #20793522

Shaerileth
「mother of a grimoire」
Regular Boarder

Shaerileth

Online No
Level 23
Joined 5 years ago
Post(s) 3649
Location USA

4 months ago
Still nothing, it's been two weeks now since I ordered my *in stock* item and today is officially the day they were suppose to start shipping again...yet my order is still on "awaiting fulfillment" it hasn't even moved to "awaiting shipment", let alone "awaiting pickup". I get that their prices are low so they have to cut things somewhere...but this is kind of beyond that..."Generally we ship most items on the next full business day" was 9 business days ago. :/
Updated 4 months ago #21012513

Anime-Island

Anime-Island

Online No
Level 25
Joined 6 years ago
Post(s) 133
Location USA

4 months ago
Shaerileth (4 months ago) #21012513Still nothing, it's been two weeks now since I ordered my *in stock* item and today is officially the day they were suppose to start shipping again...yet my order is still on "awaiting fulfillment" it hasn't even moved to "awaiting shipment", let alone "awaiting pickup". I get that their prices are low so they have to cut things somewhere...but this is kind of beyond that..."Generally we ship most items on the next full business day" was 9 business days ago. :/

Hello Shaerileth, We mentioned prior in PMs to you that we were doing inventory and we would resume duties in the warehouse Thursday May 11th after inventory. Packages ship as soon as they are packed, as there are multiple shipments going out due to the warehouse closure for inventory it may have not shipped the same day we resumed. If your order did not ship by end of today PM us. Thank you and sorry for the delay.
Updated 4 months ago #21036536

Redliger
I paint GKs
Regular Boarder

Redliger

Online No
Level 11
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 2
Location SoCal, US...

4 months ago
I've had good business with Anime-Island in the past. But recently I can't recommend them anymore.

When item #235962 became pre-orderable I preordered her from Anime-Island. Since I had done good business with Anime-Island at the time in 2015. However, its been over 6 months since the figure was released and the figure still is not in stock at Anime-Island. Since you have to pay a portion +shipping upfront and the figure is an expensive one, its a decent amount of money I paid upfront.

I've contacted customer service 3 different times. 1st time I never got a response. 2nd time I never got a response. 3rd time I finally got a response asking for more information, I sent them an email and never got emailed back. I even resent the email, but still never got a response.

It would be nice to know if the figure will ever arrive at this company or be refunded the upfront payment for being unable to deliver in a reasonable amount of time.

Edit: Honestly I'd prefer to just be refunded.
Updated 4 months ago #21282814

Anime-Island

Anime-Island

Online No
Level 25
Joined 6 years ago
Post(s) 133
Location USA

4 months ago
Redliger (4 months ago) #21282814I've had good business with Anime-Island in the past. But recently I can't recommend them anymore.

When item #235962 became pre-orderable I preordered her from Anime-Island. Since I had done good business with Anime-Island at the time in 2015. However, its been over 6 months since the figure was released and the figure still is not in stock at Anime-Island. Since you have to pay a portion +shipping upfront and the figure is an expensive one, its a decent amount of money I paid upfront.

I've contacted customer service 3 different times. 1st time I never got a response. 2nd time I never got a response. 3rd time I finally got a response asking for more information, I sent them an email and never got emailed back. I even resent the email, but still never got a response.

It would be nice to know if the figure will ever arrive at this company or be refunded the upfront payment for being unable to deliver in a reasonable amount of time.

Edit: Honestly I'd prefer to just be refunded.

PM us your order number to research this.

maggie
Very Important Boarder

maggie

Online No
Level 24
Joined 7 years ago
Post(s) 209
Location ID, USA

3 months ago
Just wanted to say that I've been moving around a lot, and it was time to have a few of my anime-island orders shipped as they had been released and had come into stock. They actually sent me an email to double check that the address was right and I hadn't moved again (as I mentioned I'd be hopping around). I was very touched they sent that email, since just a week before another store had ignored my address change and sent a rare figma across the country to the wrong address. I prepay for almost everything I buy now so I get these semi-unexpected 'shipped' emails on occasion. I'm glad A-I took the time to shoot me an email and verify my address, thanks A-I!

Sykic
Regular Boarder

Sykic

Online No
Level 8
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 8
Location United Ki...

3 months ago
I'm really struggling to get in contact with Anime-Island. I sent a email, almost 2 weeks ago, regarding an order (I did send another a week after the first but still haven't heard anything). Is this when I find out I've been placed into spam!

Well turns out I was placed into spam :D

But all is well, they've got in touch with me and helped solve the issue I had PLUS I'm not longer in spam ^^

Now we play the waiting game on the shipment...
Updated 3 months ago #22257295

4Arnd
4ア一ンド
Administrator

4Arnd

Online No
Level 28
Joined 6 years ago
Post(s) 2551
Location United Ki...

3 months ago
Sykic (3 months ago) #22257295I'm really struggling to get in contact with Anime-Island. I sent a email, almost 2 weeks ago, regarding an order (I did send another a week after the first but still haven't heard anything). Is this when I find out I've been placed into spam!

They're pretty good and keep an eye on this thread. Preempting their response, send a PM to their MFC account, citing your order number.

Anime-Island
http://myfigurecollection.net/pics/b/mfc180x80.png . https://en.facebookbrand.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/FB-fLogo-Blue-broadcast-2.png . https://cdn.cms-twdigitalassets.com/content/brand-twitter/en/jcr:content/par/c01_column_1596992668/col2/b04_asset_download_m.img.500.medium.1469476604231.jpg .

Anime-Island

Anime-Island

Online No
Level 25
Joined 6 years ago
Post(s) 133
Location USA

3 months ago
Sykic (3 months ago) #22257295I'm really struggling to get in contact with Anime-Island. I sent a email, almost 2 weeks ago, regarding an order (I did send another a week after the first but still haven't heard anything). Is this when I find out I've been placed into spam!

Ok we have received the reply you are NO LONGER MARKED AS SPAM! :)

*For all customers, please refrain from putting photos or outside links into emails as this may cause the email to be marked as SPAM by our email server.

And if you can't get a hold of us via email, please PM us and we will get back to you.
Updated 3 months ago #22359026

« Prev   1 11 12 13 14 15 16 17   Next »

Top ↑

Join the club to join the discussion.