Figure Site and Shop ForumFigure Site and Shop ForumThis club is for discussion and shop & site related questions.

achaye
Regular Boarder

achaye

Online No
Level 8
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 4

1 month ago
I just got a letter today from Capital One (my credit card provider) that said the case is considered closed as long as the merchant does not get back to them, and they credited me the full purchase amount (this is for a pre-order over a year old). Since I doubt A-I will actually get back to them, I got my money back, woohoo!

Maxterdramon
Regular Boarder

Maxterdramon

Online No
Level 9
Joined 7 years ago
Post(s) 2
Location Chile

1 month ago
Already got all refunds from Paypal, shame i lost 20 usd for old preorders.

staaare
Regular Boarder

staaare

Online No
Level 4
Joined 2 months ago
Post(s) 2

1 month ago
I'm in limbo until mid-December. I used my credit card for the paid-in-full pre-orders and bypassed Paypal altogether. Unfortunately, my CC company said that they allow the merchant 30 days to respond before issuing a credit, so I'll just have to wait.

Edit:
I spoke too soon. I received a credit on the most recent purchase today which comprised about 25% of my total orders. Fingers crossed for the remainder.

Edit #2 on 11/15/17:
2 of 3 credits received and a letter stating that I'll receive the third soon.

Edit #3 on 11/16/17:
All three credits have been received! The earliest pre-order was way back on 04/29/17, so it's certainly worth contacting your bank if you used a Visa or Mastercard payment method.

Thanks again to everyone on the forums for sharing their stories and tips on how to go about getting the pre-orders refunded.
Updated 29 days ago #28293655

Landsknecht
Take my revolution ...
Regular Boarder

Landsknecht

Online No
Level 12
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 92
Location Midwest, ...

24 days ago
I'm very late to the party here . . . I did have one partial preorder from March that I'm not sure how to deal with, but it's only $10 so I can let it go. I had another $60 order that I made in July, so I've filed a claim with PayPal. Hopefully it'll go through and I'll get that money back. What a shock and a shame. I guess I'm going back to AmiAmi full-time!

Ghris
Regular Boarder

Ghris

Online No
Level 4
Joined 8 months ago
Post(s) 1

12 days ago
Had some orders that were supposed to come July but I was dumb and made the assumption that an American based company might just bundle it with all my other orders that were supposed to come in Oct and Nov 31. I went to check today and the site was gone, a quick search sent me here and reddit where it seems A-I has vanished. I placed 2 orders with A-I one through my debit card and another through paypal which is linked to my bank.

My bank has opened an investigation for the purchase through my card and told me to check back with them in 3-4 business days (fingers crossed). I asked my bank about the paypal purchase and they told me to go to them (PayPal) for that. I did and they said they'd make a case and look into it but cited their 180 day rule a few times as if to tell me dont keep my hopes up so I'm a bit more worried on that end. Hopefully they can refund but if not I can try my bank for that as well but its just a hassle to have to ask my bank again when I could have just went to them initially for the two transactions.

Edit
PayPal refused my refund since it was past their 180 day policy. I called my bank because the money was taken from there to paypal to A-I. They said they would refund the amount ASAP and send me a form to fill out that what I said was true or something along those lines because it had to be claimed under a fraudulent transaction. I was a bit confused because the other amount they said they would investigate but this one would be sent back no questions asked. I asked and what I got through his thick Indian Accent is that the other transaction was through the card and would need reviewing, but this one is through PayPal which he described as an automatic withdraw so it may not have been authorized? They said to close that account (PayPal) because if another transaction happens that is not authorized they won't help me out with it because I was supposed to close it. I'll probably look into whether I can close that one and make another with my professional email since the old one is years old with my spam/middle school email and if not I'll just leave it open and monitor my paypal more closely since their customer support has always been helpful to me so long as it was within their policy time. Bit worried though if paypal will close my account if my bank chooses to get the money from them or something.

Update/edit #2 12/7/2017

I asked for an update of the paypal claim and the direct debit claim. The funds they issued me for the paypal claim will become final Jan. 17 if the investigation is in my favor. They'll keep me posted in the mean time. The direct debit claim was denied. They told me to refile a dispute March 31, 2018. I told them that the preorder was for 2 items, one that was to be ready in Oct 2017 and the other in March 31, 2018 (they didn't ask but I was being thorough since it was my first time and I wanted to increase my odds by being honest, big mistake on my part). They said that most likely I will get my money back but I have to dispute it in March because of financial/Govt. laws regulating them. They have to give the seller time to fulfill the order even if said seller no longer exists.

TL;DR
PayPal refused my refund since it was placed in March 2017 and it is now Dec 2017. My bank said they'll do this one as well so long as fill out a form and that I close the paypal account because to file my claim it had to be placed under fraudulent transaction.

Update 2

Paypal dispute is still under investigation but will be expected to resolve no later then Jan. 17, 2018 and will keep me posted in the mean time.

Debit dispute denied. Preorder was for an item set to release Oct 31, 2017 AND March 31, 2018 and due to laws, they have to give the seller (even if they no longer exist) time to fulfill the order since the date has not yet arrived. They wont refund Oct till March rolls around either.
Updated 8 days ago #29335259

R_Kasahara
( =₃=)*
Very Important Boarder

R_Kasahara

Online No
Level 26
Joined 9 years ago
Post(s) 1824
Location Bay Area,...

9 days ago
Update on my own situation: the two pending disputes I had left were resolved, and the conditional credits I was given for them were made permanent. In the end, I got all my money back. Couldn't have asked for a better result from this whole mess ^^

« Prev   1 16 17 18 19 20 21 22   Next »

Top ↑

Join the club to join the discussion.