Figure shop and site reviewFigure shop and site reviewThis club is for discussion and shop & site related questions.

This thread has been closed.

Gauenara
Regular Boarder

Gauenara

Online No
Level 21
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 242
Location Spain

2 years ago
@iMadScientist: your post on the top of this page appeared doubled posted for a couple of hours more or less... o_O I saw it too ~weirdo~

Muntoe

Muntoe

Online No
Level 41
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 2319
Location United St...

2 years ago
Mod powers :p

WindsorSeven
Very Important Boarder

WindsorSeven

Online No
Level 30
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 1974
Location New Engla...

2 years ago
MuntoeMod powers :p

Homu powers.

On another note, do you guys think Amiami will ever stop offering unregistered SAL? Manda stopped recently, and I'm assuming (probably correctly) that it was because people could start PayPal disputes with them and they couldn't do anything about it (can they really do nothing about it? That seems odd). But..no one starts disputes with Amiami...right?
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/urmom45_2006/utaprinewsigsig.png

Muntoe

Muntoe

Online No
Level 41
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 2319
Location United St...

2 years ago
Let's pray not, I use unregistered for everything ヽ(●-`Д´-)ノ

kilani
Sayaka Rank
Administrator + Puella Magi

kilani

Online No
Level 37
Joined 5 years ago
Post(s) 5350
Location United St...

2 years ago
Yes every major store and most individual sellers deal with these issues, it's similar to how people "rent" things from stores in real life. They know what they are doing is wrong, but they do it anyway because it benefits them and their thinking is to let the big business/other persons deal with it. Unfortunately this does have a domino effect after a while, and less options available to customers will happen depending on the magnitude of it's impact to the specific store/seller. As the seller, there is nothing you can really do to combat this method of scamming, although it depends on some factors, but usually the buyer gets what they want. Actually, in the US you have to ship Express (not Priority) internationally to completely guarantee (for the most part) that you won't be scammed by a buyer which is ludicrous.

Many years ago, insured mail meant that you, as the buyer, could decide whether or not it was worth it to you to purchase extra postage/options to secure your initial spending. However, as the internet has become such a huge business and it's become easier for people to scam, people's general thought of what insurance means and whose responsibility it is has really changed. I think this will definitely become more in effect in the future if people continue to abuse it. Many retail stores also drop a lot of return policies or make them more harsh due to scammers.

Although I do not really think AmiAmi will force EMS, but I don't think anyone here can say what will or will not happen because we don't have any of the important data here (AmiAmi's numbers).
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-N8qnyiXA8bQ/T5j5J8_2h5I/AAAAAAAACOo/GkYMx2PBlrE/s365/hanekawa_01_websnap16p.gifhttps://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-6wUxtdQRF7s/T6XnI1JllMI/AAAAAAAACRU/8z9j-nQXegs/s400/hanekawa_02d.gifhttps://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-Ek8D9dEqt_4/T5mFnKWLOtI/AAAAAAAACPQ/l02cExv9aHc/s150/hanekawa_03.gif

wingman13
Regular Boarder

wingman13

Online No
Level 10
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 287

2 years ago
WindsorSevenBut..no one starts disputes with Amiami...right?

From their FAQ:

If you feel you have waited long enough but your parcel still cannot be located, please contact us first instead of opening PayPal disputes or filing chargebacks with your credit card company. We will do our best to resolve any problems that may arise, but PayPal disputes and chargebacks will slow down our process for a prompt and amicable settlement.

If no one opened disputes I doubt they would have to write this, so I would assume people do.

dymitr
Regular Boarder

dymitr

Online No
Level 18
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 236
Location Netherlan...

2 years ago
Order arrived finally today. I give it a 5/5. It had a nice pink thick-paper filling, a nice kitschy "Thank you for your purchase"-card and all the goods were undamaged and in top condition. Only drawback I found is that I had to pay customs. Then again, so far I've yet to skip-the-customs paying dance on parcels which have neither gift-marking or a lower declared value *sighs*

Good store though, now I can happily await my many pre-orders that I ordered with them.

Milks
Regular Boarder

Milks

Online Yes
Level 14
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 159
Location Wisconsin

2 years ago
Currently, I am frustrated with them.

When I try to proceed to pay for my order, it says that my credit card has failed to get through, and to fix the card info.

And then when I try to fix my card info, it says I can't, for some unexplainable reason.

Grrr.

EDIT: I got a different card, but my mom accidentally "Confirmed" it twice, so now it says I have to wait for the shipping costs, even though I got that already. And now, when I try to pay, it says "Unexpected Server Error". Getting a bit mad :/
Updated 2 years ago #953745

MichHatake
Regular Boarder

MichHatake

Online No
Level 11
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 1
Location Mexico

2 years ago
MilksCurrently, I am frustrated with them.

When I try to proceed to pay for my order, it says that my credit card has failed to get through, and to fix the card info.

And then when I try to fix my card info, it says I can't, for some unexplainable reason.

Grrr.

EDIT: I got a different card, but my mom accidentally "Confirmed" it twice, so now it says I have to wait for the shipping costs, even though I got that already. And now, when I try to pay, it says "Unexpected Server Error". Getting a bit mad :/

I still have the same problem I try to paid few hours ago but the website couldn't record my credit card :(

Milks
Regular Boarder

Milks

Online Yes
Level 14
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 159
Location Wisconsin

2 years ago
MichHatake
I still have the same problem I try to paid few hours ago but the website couldn't record my credit card :(

Maybe there's something going on with their website? I have no idea.

Now, since my mom pressed the "Confirm" button twice for my order, I just got another bill that is exactly like my first order, but shipping is about 3,000 Yen cheaper. I somehow have two orders that are exactly the same, but one of them is cheaper shipping-wise.

Do I just forget about the first order and pay the second? Or should I contact AmiAmi about this problem?

dymitr
Regular Boarder

dymitr

Online No
Level 18
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 236
Location Netherlan...

2 years ago
MilksMichHatake

Maybe there's something going on with their website? I have no idea.

Now, since my mom pressed the "Confirm" button twice for my order, I just got another bill that is exactly like my first order, but shipping is about 3,000 Yen cheaper. I somehow have two orders that are exactly the same, but one of them is cheaper shipping-wise.

Do I just forget about the first order and pay the second? Or should I contact AmiAmi about this problem?

Depends, if they are the same order(look at the ordernumber) just pay the second. If you ordered the stuff twice(diff. ordernumber) you should contact them or risk being banned when not paying the first order.
Updated 2 years ago #954427

Milks
Regular Boarder

Milks

Online Yes
Level 14
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 159
Location Wisconsin

2 years ago
dymitr
Depends, if they are the same order(look at the ordernumber) just pay the second. If you ordered the stuff twice(diff. ordernumber) you should contact them or risk being banned when not paying the first order.

I checked the order numbers, and they were the same, so I just went ahead and paid for the second one. Thanks for helping me :D

Though I think it's kinda weird that the second "order" was cheaper than the initial order, though I got exactly the same items and exactly the same shipping.

dymitr
Regular Boarder

dymitr

Online No
Level 18
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 236
Location Netherlan...

2 years ago
Maybe there was an error on their part the first time around or perhaps you just got lucky. The important thing is that you have to pay less right :P
Updated 2 years ago #955123

hoon-sama
Regular Boarder

hoon-sama

Online No
Level 8
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 9
Location USA

2 years ago
I got an email from Amiami a few days ago. In the email, they told me that because I have the same shipping address as my friend(though my main address was set to my house), they want to merge our accounts. See, I've been sending my packages to a fellow collector friend's house for the past few months because I was preparing for a move, which I had no idea when it was going to be other than spring 2012. Being an exclusive unregistered SAL user, I didn't want to risk the package arriving at the old place weeks after I moved out.

So anyways, I email Amiami back telling them my situation couple of days ago, letting them know that I had just finished moving last weekend and updated my address accordingly. They wrote in their email, "If we do not receive a response by May 30, we may choose which account to merge or to close both accounts". May 30 is approaching quickly yet I have yet to hear any response from them. To be fair, it was only couple of days ago, but given the situation, I can't help but to feel a bit antsy. It doesn't help that they completely ignored the last email I sent them nor the fact that I've been noticing a lack of communication from them in the recent months in general.

itsame00
Regular Boarder

itsame00

Online No
Level 17
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 199

2 years ago
How good is the new shipping type? Air Small Packet shipping service?

Beani
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Very Important Boarder

Beani

Online No
Level 27
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 1717
Location Tokyo, Ja...

2 years ago
itsame00How good is the new shipping type? Air Small Packet shipping service?
I believe it would be like Regular Airmail? So my estimations would be:

EMS - 3-5 days
Airmail - 7-10 days
SAL - 14-21 days

That is assuming the new service is actually Airmail. In the past I received airmail from Japan in under a week whereas SAL usually takes closer to three weeks.

Amiami lists the estimations more like this though:

EMS - Generally 2-5 days
Airmail - Generally 1-2 weeks
SAL - Generally 2-5 weeks

itsame00
Regular Boarder

itsame00

Online No
Level 17
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 199

2 years ago
Beaniitsame00How good is the new shipping type? Air Small Packet shipping service?
I believe it would be like Regular Airmail? So my estimations would be:

EMS - 3-5 days
Airmail - 7-10 days
SAL - 14-21 days

That is assuming the new service is actually Airmail. In the past I received airmail from Japan in under a week whereas SAL usually takes closer to three weeks.

Amiami lists the estimations more like this though:

EMS - Generally 2-5 days
Airmail - Generally 1-2 weeks
SAL - Generally 2-5 weeks

How bout the cost of the shipping? Is it better compared to Sal(Reg)? Or is the cost close to EMS?

Beani
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Very Important Boarder

Beani

Online No
Level 27
Joined 3 years ago
Post(s) 1717
Location Tokyo, Ja...

2 years ago
itsame00How bout the cost of the shipping? Is it better compared to Sal(Reg)? Or is the cost close to EMS?
They have the shipping rates here: (ext link) It sits in the middle of EMS and Registed SAL but is much closer to EMS than SAL Unregistered for lighter packages.

I don't believe Airmail can be over 2kg though, much like SAL.
Updated 2 years ago #956129

Joichi
Regular Boarder

Joichi

Online No
Level 19
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 1774
Location Canada, T...

2 years ago
Just want to put my comment that AmiAmi JP Store had a nice staff willing to try to lower the price of SAL Parcel with a smaller box:

They say that 'EMS service is usually expensive much more than other shipping methods but
it depends on which country you live.' and in my case EMS: 2,720 JPY and SAL Parcel: 2,930 JPY.

Because I added from 2 items -> 5 items the weight got heavier; so now the cost is:
EMS Ship: 4,980 JPY now is: 4,700 JPY
SAL Parcel: 4,655 JPY now has become: 4,425 JPY
Click on any banner below to visit :)
http://imageshack.us/a/img43/1724/assortpartsbanner.jpg |
Updated 2 years ago #957380

itsame00
Regular Boarder

itsame00

Online No
Level 17
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 199

2 years ago
Hi, I just want to know how to give my order on AmiAmi to someone else since they want it. Do all I have to do is just add his/her address and then send the invoice to the user that wants it?

« Prev   1 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 100   Next »

Top ↑

Join the club to join the discussion.