Figure Site and Shop ForumFigure Site and Shop ForumThis club is for discussion and shop & site related questions.

Gothlequin
Regular Boarder

Gothlequin

Online No
Level 17
Joined 5 years ago
Post(s) 20
Location East Coas...

4 years ago
Tsume's website: [ext link ]

Anyone with prior dealings at all, especially with their, "Pay over 4 months" would be appreciated.

Arcgain
Regular Boarder

Arcgain

Online No
Level 9
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 23

4 years ago
shipping worldwide?
Updated 4 years ago #1510869

MobiusX
Chūnin Rank
Regular Boarder

MobiusX

Online No
Level 23
Joined 5 years ago
Post(s) 38
Location Adelaide,...

4 years ago
I had purchased their Sage Naruto X-tra#01 on January 30 2013, delayed on June 25 2013, dispatched September 17 2013 and finally received on September 27 2013. A total of 241 days from preorder to receiving. Delays are expected of Tsume, but they have quoted that "They would rather have delays than an unsatisfactory product to give to their customers" which I believe is rather admirable of them :)

My entire experience ordering Naruto is covered in my review: (mfc link)

They do ship worldwide, but someone correct me if there are certain locations that cannot be shipped do.
They utilise UPS Shipping which typically takes 3-5 business days to arrive at an international destination. If you're nearer to Luxembourg, it'd be expected to be around 2-ish days.

They require immediate payment for their items (or alternatively paying in installments for their HQS line, but I know nothing about that) and will go beyond the 45-day PayPal money-back guarantee limit. Though it's a risk, it's a risk that is well worth taking. Without a doubt, you WILL get your product.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask me :)

takson
Regular Boarder

takson

Online No
Level 15
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 513

3 years ago
:( This company is very likely to acquire a Shingeki license, so I better prepare for it.
My favorite Shop Ships: Yahoo Auctions Japan x From Japan | Rakuten x Baggage Forward Com | Big in Japan can be paired with so many shops, it's like a harem hero or heroine. | But the one I'm still waiting for is Mandarake x Store Consolidation System. It's still only in my dreams.

Rikudou
Regular Boarder

Rikudou

Online No
Level 22
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 395
Location United Ki...

2 years ago
I think this thread needs some proper feedback regarding their figures and also customer service. Since they've expressed a desire to improve as a company I think it is important that people voice themselves - with both positive and negative feedback, if you have experienced any.

So to start off I currently own;

Fairy Tail: Natsu HQF, Erza HQF, Gajeel HQF & Gray HQF.

Naruto: Uchiha Sasuke Xtra, Uzumaki Naruto Xtra, Pein Xtra & Uchiha Madara DXtra.

Sculpting/design: Outstanding, I am extremely happy with the details Tsume have put into these figures. Uchiha Madara is my latest one and the first DXtra figure I have and I am very impressed with the level of quality of this figure.

Customer Service/Communication: This is something Tsume needs to work on. At the moment due to their website design, nobody can edit their address or see their orders - so every time a figure is going to be released Tsume needs to write and confirm our address, which doesn't always result in getting a reply back from them so we know that they got our reply, which have resulted in some figures not being shipped out.

I also have personal experience emailing Tsume - as it is the only way of actually contacting them which is also encouraged by them, they don't always reply after the initial reply. Tsume is poor in this regard when it comes to actually completing a conversation with the person that emailed them. This have happened on multiple occasions for me.

At the present time Tsume is known for pushing back pre-order releases and being poor in regards to giving us information. They have shown that they are fully capable of giving frequent updates considering how often they've been posting about Azzar'Hi - which makes me deeply wish that they would give their other figures the same treatment/attention/love.

I am going to give a few examples of poor communication;

Tsume posted on their official facebook page in April, that we should keep an eye out as it was going to be a good Naruto month. The entire month went, no update. We went into June and Tsume made a big update in regards to several figures and topics due to the fact that they have gotten negative feedback in regards to the lack of communication and poor updates.

So at this point in time, June 10th or 11th when the facebook update was posted they also sent out a newsletter on June 15th in English, where the translation couldn't be mistaken. The update mentioned that we were going to get to see Lucy in June (possibly pre-orders), an update regarding White Beard, Hatake Kakashi, Nara Shikamaru, the Uchiha Itachi statue, as well as finally another mention of the 'good Naruto month' which is going to be in August.

Looking at things, it took Tsume about 2 months to even update us on the Naruto month - they made people excited and totally didn't care about updating us until 2 months later and after receiving negative feedback.

Now June is passed and we never got to see Lucy even though they said 'this month' when they made the update. I was curious and was looking for the facebook post that Tsume did - only to find that it has been deleted and staff of Tsume don't know why.

So no update on Lucy even though they said we would get one in June - apparently confirmation is needed from Tsume staff that is currently in Japan - they will be making an announcement with Bandai tomorrow on the 2nd of July.

I get that it is a big announcement, but the excuse is that they need confirmation to launch the Lucy pre-order. Okay fair enough, but they said it takes time, why does it take time? It is 2015 - it is very easy to call someone from the other side of the world these days, or text, email etc etc.

It feels like they are making excuses for not being able to plan ahead properly and not being able to do 2 things at once.

The partnership with Bandai is surely no recent news for Tsume themselves and knew in advance that they would be going to Japan, without making adequate preparations to be able to keep their word in regards to another figure.

Now, I love Naruto myself. I am looking forward to the announcement tomorrow. But the lack of communications/updates from Tsume is still an issue. It was claimed by a Tsume staff member on facebook in a reply to me when I was wondering why the post disappeared (Tsume fan group - [ext link ]), that the information we got in June hasn't changed - but it has considering we are now in July and we never got further updates in regards to the Lucy figure that was supposed to be shown in June. So what changed is yet another delay, another new month. That is change.

Tsume is lately pushing the releases of figures without giving people updates. We have after all Pre-Ordered figures, which in reality is a Pre-Purchase. Yes of course we don't have to 'Pre-Order' anything if we don't want to, but considering most of their figures are limited in quantity, you don't want to miss out.

We Pre-Purchase figures, we have already paid money in advance and we receive no decent updates (several months before an update), no information that the figure was pushed back, again and again in the first place. To find out if it's been pushed we actually have to go on the site and look at the date. We should have some sort of email notification to be honest since we've already paid for something that has been delayed.

Shipping: I have no personal complaints in regards to the shipping. The figures have been packed extremely well and the shipping overall has gone swiftly. I live in the EU, but have heard that US customers have had issues with their shipping not going out and taking extremely long.

Pay over X Months:
When I Pre-Ordered - Pre-Purchased Orochimaru, Hatake Kakashi and Nara Shikamaru, I took the opportunity to try out their pay over a certain amount of months system. It worked really well, I got a payment plan and the money was taken on the dates stated. Nothing more, nothing less.

Edit: Making edits and correcting spelling mistakes.
Updated 2 years ago #3123039

Kitah
Regular Boarder

Kitah

Online No
Level 18
Joined 4 years ago
Post(s) 40
Location England

2 years ago
I own Madara DXtra.

I recieved him from Eye On Asia back when he released a little over 2 months or so ago. He is my first Tsume figure so I wasn't quite sure how he'd come out reguarding the quality.

He looks fantastic, I'm very happy wih him... however the fact he doesn't fit on his base.. and his base came with a scratch mark disappoints me. Also, the fact I had to bend his chain slightly to get it to fit and then sit there for a good 5 minutes with my hand pressing it into the base to get it to keep its new shape was an un-needed pain.

Other users have been very helpful suggesting to pull his legs apart a bit wider. While I have done this slightly I still cannot get his foot on the other side of the base. I have contacted them on Facebook a few times since and I haven't recieved a response. I contacted them via their email on their website and I didn't recieve anything back then either. I'm going to email them again today 19/7/15 and see how long they take to get back to me. I also contacted Eye On Asia but they weren't very helpful either.

I have taken some pictures of the issues with him.

Slightly bent chain:
http://s1.tsuki-board.net/image/thumbnails/Kitah1437316354.jpeg
Foot not fitting on one peg:
http://s1.tsuki-board.net/image/thumbnails/Kitah1437316352.jpeg
His right foot on peg to show his other foot cannot reach the peg:
http://s1.tsuki-board.net/image/thumbnails/Kitah1437316350.jpeg
Opposite peg to above picture with left foot instead of right:
http://s1.tsuki-board.net/image/thumbnails/Kitah1437316348.jpeg
Feet not in pegs to show that he SHOULD be fitting on the pegs:
http://s1.tsuki-board.net/image/thumbnails/Kitah1437316346.jpeg
Updated 2 years ago #3186977

Rikudou
Regular Boarder

Rikudou

Online No
Level 22
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 395
Location United Ki...

2 years ago
I used to think more of Tsume - their figures and statues are outstanding. But considering their poor attitude and customer service, not to mention childish behaviour on their very own facebook page when customers leave feedback in regards to 'decisions' that they make, it actually baffles me. The quality of the figures and statues does not make up for their poor attitude sadly - not to mention their terrible habit of delaying literally 98% of everything they make, not small delays either.

We are more than halfway through August with it being the 18th today and Orochimaru on their website is still stating July without any update.

I was hoping to see an improvement from Tsume. I'm starting to think that their previous statements of 'wanting to improve' is just something they said with no intention of actually doing so.

I've also seen more feedback on their own facebook page in the comments, since they don't allow actual posts from customers, in regards to the customer service where they keep referring people to their email address as a point of contact, even though people/customers have told them that they already contacted them through it and not had any reply.
Updated 2 years ago #3338960

Rhyme13
Regular Boarder

Rhyme13

Online No
Level 5
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 13

2 years ago
Tsume I have followed for sometime as manufacturer and retailer. Communication is not too good, they don't always reply on the assigned email and follow through a conversation. They need to improve here. My figures and statues have been packed well, nothing broke and arrive kinda fast. Tsume delay a lot, not improved and now they decide to make exclusive for fan days, splitting fan base in two, it is bad. I love Dragon Ball, first statue being exclusive feels terrible. Lot's of good suggestions on Tsume FB, but Tsume don't care. It makes me sad as a fan. I and many other fans follow you for years and can't go to fan days because of irl complications. At least consider feedback properly from fans. Thank you.

Rikudou
Regular Boarder

Rikudou

Online No
Level 22
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 395
Location United Ki...

2 years ago
Recent feedback:

Hatake Kakashi & Nara Shikamaru

So I got Kakashi and Shikamaru delivered today, the 20th of October, even though the shipping and tracking has been very messed up along with a load of delays on top of already a lot of delays, since we are nearing the end of October.

Positives: The sculpts of both of them are great, they are painted nicely - definitely the X-tra standard. They both cost the same and are roughly the same height (if you count Kakashi's Chidori), considering their dynamic poses.

Kakashi has a extra little bit to put under his foot which is translucent, it's a good little addition, but it might have been better with a translucent peg? To keep him completely stable. It's good that he has some sort of foot 'rest' though, otherwise he might be leaning a bit more in the future. Kakashi had the Chidori already in his hand, so the only thing you had to do was put him on the base.

Shikamaru came completely 'assembled', even standing on the base, which is really nice! I love the fact that Shikamaru has his piercings, all the details are spot on.

Negatives: The delays are beyond reason imo. The continued delays made the official release happen on 2015-10-07. We all know that 'shit happens' sometimes, but there were too many things that went wrong with the stock not coming in when we were told it was, the shipping not going out, no tracking numbers being sent out etc.

My Shikamaru for instance wasn't registered or on any list with ParcelForce, they happened to notice an 'extra' box left in their van which had my address on it, but it wasn't listed anywhere. Thankfully they were honest and delivered it, they came back a few hours after they had delivered my Kakashi. The last tracking of Shikamaru was with GLS Germany a week ago, and according to them it never left, let alone enter the UK. Considering all the feedback given from other Tsume customers which have had problems with GLS, it would be nice if this delivery company could be avoided.

The packaging of Kakashi and Shikamaru was okay. They were bubble wrapped, but the delivery boxes were bigger than the figure boxes and nothing was put in between them, so they have been moving around a lot during transit. Some newspaper or anything would have sufficed to keep the figures from moving about too much.

I know that most of the Tsume products are estimated with an 'about' date, but they know their production process, they know the materials used, they can estimate a couple of delays and consider that when announcing products, that would be my advice at least. It's better to surprise customers with an early release, rather than pushing things a year +. It is okay to push a product once or twice, but beyond that is unreasonable as Tsume should be able to estimate it within a reasonable time frame.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am aware of that a new website is currently being developed, which will solve the confirm address issues and such. But Tsume needs to get better at communicating and responding to emails. I know that Tsume hired more employees, and they've suggested a statue each month - which would be completely awesome, if they could handle their current workload.

This is not the reality at the moment. When someone is sick or away who is responsible for X or Y, then another employee should be able to cover for the person not being present, which isn't the case at the moment considering information we've been told. For instance the person responsible for answering customer service emails was away last week so nobody would supposedly be answering on that email until that employee was back. Tsume need to be able to cover the positions, even if just temporarily until the 'usual' person is back.

This is just my feedback, in the end it is up to Tsume if they choose to act upon any feedback at all. I am hoping that Tsume will consider peoples point of views and experiences, to make some changes.

I love their products. I am hoping that Orochimaru will be on time for December now since he's been pushed a lot already as well, I must admit though that I have doubts considering the holidays will come in between. I am looking forward to the pre-orders of Uchiha Obito!
Updated 2 years ago #4107593

xXsKuNkAyXx
Regular Boarder

xXsKuNkAyXx

Online No
Level 10
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 8
Location United Ki...

2 years ago
Ive only had trouble with Tsume this once. I pre ordered Kakashi end of last year and everyone knows about the trouble with the delays. Anyway, I heard we had recieved an email to confirm our address which I didn't get as the account I used got deleted. I contacted Tsume about the issue and provided them with two alternative emails to get in contact with, and after a couple of weeks I heard nothing from them. I decided to address the matter on mfc and after a couple of days a received a reply from a member of Tsume telling me to send them another message, so I did and after about another week I still didn't hear anything. I know my figure hasn't been shipped because I couldn't confirm my address, I've sent them messages trying to tell them my issue and haven't received any replies. It feels like they have just taken my money. I've been worried about the matter that I contacted paypal. I just hope they can do something about this.

EhtNogard
Regular Boarder

EhtNogard

Online No
Level 7
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 1

2 years ago
I purchased my first item directly from Tsume, Kakashi X-tra. I saw it on a site I frequent, way back when it was first announced. I absolutely fell in love with it and when I eventually had the time, looked up the maker, went to the Tsume site and pre-ordered it.
I have paid for pre-orders in the past from different companies, so I knew there would be a wait for the figure design to be finalized, put into production and signed off for sale. I paid for it in August 2014 and took delivery of it last week. It has been a long wait.

The figure itself is as gorgeous as the prototype I saw way back last year. I had feared that it might prove too difficult to maintain such a good looking sculpt in a mass production of figures. I was happy to be proved wrong. From the dynamic pose to the details, this figure is just perfect. It always struck me as a particularly clever sculpt. It isn't just a run of the mill representation of a character we all love. It has movement and strength and the intended perceptions have not been lost in the final product.

While I absolutely love my Kakashi figure, the whole experience of purchasing the item has not been great. My main problem has always been the lack of communication from Tsume. I understand that they are a small company and are busy creating these great figures for us to enjoy, but when we hand over our hard earned cash, we really should be better informed of how it has been spent. As in: a definite time of production and sale.

I understand that many things can be put back for a variety of reasons. You kind of expect that kind of thing to happen on one or two occasions in this hobby. But Kakashi himself was put back more than once with no clear reason as to why. Months passed by with very little mentioned about the item or whether it was even IN the production stage. When we were updated, it was more or less to let us know it was put back. Of course this is disappointing. It has been a long time since I fell in love with a figure as much as I had this one. I just wanted it, now, immediately, in my collection. So every push back was very disappointing. At the same time, they were advertising more and more different figures and I kept thinking, maybe Kakashi has been forgotten. Surely they should be concentrating on items already ordered?

Then we were told it was going out for delivery and to confirm our details for delivery. And that was all I heard. I admit I started to get quite frustrated and concerned. I wondered if the figure was ever going to turn up. It would not be the first time that I pr-booked something only for the company to collapse and I lost money. I began to worry this was the case with Tsume.

Communication is paramount when dealing with customers. I feel that if there had been even a little more effort to communicate, be it through Facebook or Email, it would have quashed my fears and I would have waited without worrying. As it was, I ended up getting a tracking number that told me nothing except the figure had not left Germany. I got the figure the day after the tracking number. The details still say it is in Germany. Not that this is Tsume's fault, but I would think twice about using this courier again after the trouble it has caused.

So while the figure is gorgeous, the customer care left a lot to be desired. I am one for giving everyone a second chance, and I WILL be ordering Obito when he is finally announced. I just hope that this time, there is more communication, less put backs, and quicker turn around. I would be very happy to order again in the future if these changes were made. :D

But, thank you Tsume, for a fantastic figure. He is pride of place on my display shelves, sitting in front of my Megahouse figures. He fits in with the other Kakashi's very nicely ;)

Vortex
Regular Boarder

Vortex

Online No
Level 6
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 1

2 years ago
I am a new collector and Shikamaru and Kakashi X-tra were my first purchases since I'm a big Naruto fan and these two looked perfectly made. Unfortunately, I am yet to receive my first purchased figures even though I paid for them a year ago. I bought other figures from other companies since then and I never had any problems with any of them but these two... They were finally given an exact release date after a year of delays, and I thought the problems would end when I received my confirmation e-mail a month ago. These figures release date is October 7th... it's been almost a month since then and there is no sign of them, and no answers or information from Tsume regarding the whereabouts of the packages of people outside European Union. I am very exhausted and angry right now because I have no idea what's going on. I don't know if they sent my figures, or not, or if they got lost somewhere, or delivered to the wrong person. There's no tracking number whatsoever to check it out myself. And Tsume has been ignoring my e-mails and questions on their Facebook page.

These figures are good but they're not worth this kind of torture. They almost made me not want these figures anymore because they are associated with negative thoughts/experiences for me now.

Is it really so hard to type ''We are working to sort out the problems for people outside EU, please give us a little time and we will inform you when we reach a solution'' on their fb page??

I won't buy from tsume again unless they fix their horrible reputation with bad costumer service and lack of ability to follow schedules.
Updated 2 years ago #4246242

chapters0
Regular Boarder

chapters0

Online No
Level 18
Joined 7 years ago
Post(s) 2042
Location Canada

2 years ago
i emailed tsume about my sasuke Xtra figure and how i heard that theres a replacment sword that was being sent...and they never replied to any of my emails...so ya they should have at least given some sort of answer...

Rikudou
Regular Boarder

Rikudou

Online No
Level 22
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 395
Location United Ki...

2 years ago
chapters0 (2 years ago) #4246434i emailed tsume about my sasuke Xtra figure and how i heard that theres a replacment sword that was being sent...and they never replied to any of my emails...so ya they should have at least given some sort of answer...

I heard the same thing, so emailed them and they sent me one. The only problem was that it arrived completely bent. Emailed them after that and asked it if was possible to get another one since the first one was bent in the mail, but no reply past that point :(

chapters0
Regular Boarder

chapters0

Online No
Level 18
Joined 7 years ago
Post(s) 2042
Location Canada

2 years ago
Rikudou (2 years ago) #4246476chapters0 (2 years ago) #4246434i emailed tsume about my sasuke Xtra figure and how i heard that theres a replacment sword that was being sent...and they never replied to any of my emails...so ya they should have at least given some sort of answer...

I heard the same thing, so emailed them and they sent me one. The only problem was that it arrived completely bent. Emailed them after that and asked it if was possible to get another one since the first one was bent in the mail, but no reply past that point :(

that sucks they didnt protect it enough to not get it bent. ya i would have been happy if they at least replied with oh not we dont have it anymore or yes we can send it but nope they ignored the 2-3 emails i sent...but i didnt buy directly from their site but its still tsume product so i dont get what the problem is at all. the sasuke i have right now his sword (the black one) is slightly bent but not very noticeable i dont think the material they used for it was great since the sword does seem flimsy

FullmetalPain
Regular Boarder

FullmetalPain

Online No
Level 9
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 94

2 years ago
Jesus, I want to buy some tsume figures but I'm afraid I won't get it :/. Is eBay a better recourse at this point?
Updated 2 years ago #4246525

Rikudou
Regular Boarder

Rikudou

Online No
Level 22
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 395
Location United Ki...

2 years ago
chapters0 (2 years ago) #4246516Rikudou (2 years ago) #4246476chapters0 (2 years ago) #4246434i emailed tsume about my sasuke Xtra figure and how i heard that theres a replacment sword that was being sent...and they never replied to any of my emails...so ya they should have at least given some sort of answer...

that sucks they didnt protect it enough to not get it bent. ya i would have been happy if they at least replied with oh not we dont have it anymore or yes we can send it but nope they ignored the 2-3 emails i sent...but i didnt buy directly from their site but its still tsume product so i dont get what the problem is at all. the sasuke i have right now his sword (the black one) is slightly bent but not very noticeable i dont think the material they used for it was great since the sword does seem flimsy

They've taken an A4 paper, folded it and stapled around it with spaces in between. But the sword slipped through as it was outside of the A4 paper when I opened it. However it would probably have been bent regardless since it wasn't actually protected from being bent :/

I hate that the sword I have is black as well, it isn't suitable.

xXsKuNkAyXx
Regular Boarder

xXsKuNkAyXx

Online No
Level 10
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 8
Location United Ki...

2 years ago
Rikudou (2 years ago) #4246476chapters0 (2 years ago) #4246434i emailed tsume about my sasuke Xtra figure and how i heard that theres a replacment sword that was being sent...and they never replied to any of my emails...so ya they should have at least given some sort of answer...

I don't know how long you had the figure for or even if you've already fixed the issue, but I heard that a lot of them were bent and that you had to use a hair dryer to fix it.

xXsKuNkAyXx
Regular Boarder

xXsKuNkAyXx

Online No
Level 10
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 8
Location United Ki...

2 years ago
FullmetalPain (2 years ago) #4246525Jesus, I want to buy some tsume figures but I'm afraid I won't get it :/. Is eBay a better recourse at this point?I've only had problems with Tsume this one time, and I've only previously used them twice, however both times I ordered from them I was totally fine and received my figures in perfect condition. Sure, I guess depending on were you are it could take a while to get them, like I was waiting weeks on end for my Gray HQF but it did eventually arrive in great condition.

After all this trouble I've had now I really have lost a lot of trust in them, however if the issue does get sorted then I want to overlook it this once, but I just don't want to go through all this again. I've ordered the Lucy HQF and if the same thing happens I can say for sure I won't be using their company again.

If you're really worried about it then I would say use a different site to purchase their products. I've only known the company for two years so I can't say if this is the only problem they have ever had with their Kakashi and Shikamaru, but it is the only problem that I have heard of, never heard of them having problems before.

However just so you know, I have heard of people receiving some broken parts for their figures but have received replacements pretty quickly.

Rikudou
Regular Boarder

Rikudou

Online No
Level 22
Joined 2 years ago
Post(s) 395
Location United Ki...

2 years ago
xXsKuNkAyXx (2 years ago) #4260817Rikudou (2 years ago) #4246476chapters0 (2 years ago) #4246434i emailed tsume about my sasuke Xtra figure and how i heard that theres a replacment sword that was being sent...and they never replied to any of my emails...so ya they should have at least given some sort of answer...

I don't know how long you had the figure for or even if you've already fixed the issue, but I heard that a lot of them were bent and that you had to use a hair dryer to fix it.

I've seen them recommend that previously and I tried but it got severely worse. It wasn't just a little bent, it was extremely bent when it arrived.

« Prev   1 2   Next »

Top ↑

Join the club to join the discussion.